Search Menu
Menu

Reviewing Your College Essays: Life Lessons at Camp Unicorn

By Josh SorokachOctober 18, 2012
Autumn is upon us, Sparkle-Nation! Good news for apple cider enthusiasts, bad news for pumpkins. As temperatures drop, anxiety sky-rockets—because 'tis the season to work on those dreaded college essays. If you’re anything like me, that process goes something like this: open Microsoft Word, quick... More  →
Reviewing Your College Essays: Life Lessons at Camp Unicorn

Avoid These Viral Costumes

By Brandon SpecktorOctober 18, 2012
When an idea goes viral, there is almost always a point of saturation where that idea becomes so common, so widely expressed that it loses all meaning. Think about the word "hipster," for example. What does "hipster" even mean anymore? Or how about "birds"? It's... More  →
Avoid These Viral Costumes

Halloween Candy Calorie Breakdown

By ShivaniOctober 18, 2012
Halloween candy is all over the place and most people have already started binge eating. I, for one, have gotten quite the head start. There are candy wrappers and sad remnants of treats all over the place; it’s all very embarrassing and very delicious. Instead... More  →
Halloween Candy Calorie Breakdown

QUIZ: What Greek Goddess Are You?

By Becky FerreiraOctober 18, 2012
The lady gods of the Olympian pantheon have earned the distinction of being slightly more competent than their male counterparts, though not by a whole lot. They are often just as self-centered, impulsive, and prone to egomania as the gods, though they are a lot... More  →
QUIZ: What Greek Goddess Are You?

Sexy Halloween Costumes You Didn't Think of Yet

By Janet ManleyOctober 18, 2012
It started off innocuously: Little Bo Peep’s hem got shorter and Peter Pan’s tights got sheerer. Soon enough, each Halloween became a festival of “sexy bunnies” and “sexy nurses” and “sexy automechanics.” A few years ago, my friend took it to the limit with her... More  →
Sexy Halloween Costumes You Didn't Think of Yet

10 Places To Look For Hidden Zombies

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 17, 2012
The worst thing about zombies—after the moaning, the stench, and the murderous lust to eat your brain—is that they are excellent hiders. In fact, let's be real, a zombie is almost certainly hiding somewhere in or around your house right now. But don't worry: SparkLife More  →
10 Places To Look For Hidden Zombies

Perfect SparkLife Pet Names

By Kathryn_WilliamsOctober 17, 2012
In case you haven't noticed, we have an odd idea of terms of endearment around here. For a pet name to be Spark-worthy, it must have at least two of the following five things going for it. It must:

1. come from the deep,

... More  →
Perfect SparkLife Pet Names

Help a N00b: Harry Potter... Books or Movies First?

By Beth MishlerOctober 17, 2012
I know! It’s full-blown lunacy. I’ve seen every other major sci-fi/fantasy movie franchise (other than The Matrix, which also gets me the occasional boo/hiss) and everyone I know under the age of 50 has seen the movies or read the books, usually both. But not... More  →
Help a N00b: Harry Potter... Books or Movies First?

Imagine a School Where the Geeks Are the Cool Kids: Welcome to BROOKLYN CASTLE

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 17, 2012
I want to tell you guys about a bunch of brilliant, funny, talented kids who dream big, work hard, and carry the banner of geekdom with pride—and nope, Sparklers, I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about Pobo, Patrick, Rochelle, Justus, and the other chess... More  →
Imagine a School Where the Geeks Are the Cool Kids: Welcome to BROOKLYN CASTLE

How to Be a Hipster Vampire Slayer

By reidfaylorOctober 17, 2012
FROM: Caracupcakes Dearest Reid, Are there some problems a hammer to the head cannot solve? For instance, my Pet T-Rex has signed us up for Tango lessons, would a hammer to the head be a reasonable escape? A hammer to the head is of course a... More  →
How to Be a Hipster Vampire Slayer