Skip over navigation

Ask a Teacher: Do You Teach Special Halloween Lessons?

By Ms. DameOctober 24, 2011
Q: Do you teach special Halloween lessons? Halloween lessons can be really fun in the classroom! Telling scary stories, giving out candy, or having a costume party are great ways to teach and have a little fun at the same time. Here are some exercises... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do You Teach Special Halloween Lessons?

Splogger Creeper Stories: Jono Was an Awkwardness Monster In High School

By Jon_SkindzierOctober 24, 2011
Note: I would like to point out that all the Sploggers were encouraged to do one of these, but evidently I am the only one. I'll show them who's creepy! I will follow them all to their cars tonight. Given that my posts are... More  →
Splogger Creeper Stories: Jono Was an Awkwardness Monster In High School

A Coffee Primer for N00bs

By Kathryn_WilliamsOctober 24, 2011
For the uninitiated, a coffee shop can be a daunting place. In the days before our full-blown caffeine addiction, we ourselves used to cower in the dark doorway of our local coffee shop, peering into the windows and trying to decipher the strange... More  →
A Coffee Primer for N00bs

The Top Ten Unintentionally Creepy Mascots

By ContributorOctober 24, 2011
Nicole_Lyn has just ruined popcorn for us. WHY NICOLE, WHY?—Sparkitors Everybody loves October. It has Halloween, and Halloween kicks off the cluster of awesome, corporately promoted end-of-the-year holidays that we all know and... More  →
The Top Ten Unintentionally Creepy Mascots

Open Thread for October 24

By SparkLifeOctober 24, 2011
What better way to kick off Creeper Week than with this awesome pic from 'olwhatshername? She writes: I made this little pumpkin picture to wish my fellow Sparklers a happy Halloween, and NO IT IS NOT SNOWING. (Those are supposed to be... More  →
Open Thread for October 24

No Boys Like You. Sorry. (Blogging The Introduction of He's Just Not That Into You)

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 21, 2011
Last week, I gave you the best gift you've ever received: a guided tour of my love life, which, much like Mordor, is a barren wasteland riddled with fire, ash, and tiny, shoeless men. (Only one sentence in and already an LOTR reference!... More  →
No Boys Like You. Sorry. (Blogging The Introduction of He's Just Not That Into You)

Halloween Costumes for English Majors

By ContributorOctober 21, 2011
Life’s full of tough choices, especially when you're a college student. Every new semester, I encounter the dilemma of choosing which classes to take. Every afternoon at lunch, I face the issue of where to sit in the dining hall. Every evening, I enter my... More  →
Halloween Costumes for English Majors

Auntie SparkNotes: Bully's Remorse

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 21, 2011
Auntie Sparknotes, I need some help, and it's not a happy topic. In middle school, there was this boy, who I'll call Mark. Mark was awkward and goofy, and nobody really liked him. Looking back, he was probably gay, but I can't be sure. Everyone was... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Bully's Remorse

Grossed Out by Making Out? Here's How to FIGHT It!

By ContributorOctober 21, 2011
Debbira refuses to stand idly by while other people MACK in public.—Sparkitors Everyone’s seen it, and everyone hates it: the couple eating each other’s faces off RIGHT in front of your locker, or, even worse, two inches away from you while you’re trying... More  →
Grossed Out by Making Out? Here's How to FIGHT It!

The Five Stages of a Really Bad Haircut

By ElodieOctober 21, 2011
I’m coming off a really bad haircut, guys. You know, the kind where the hairstylist decides to go the “please chop off twelve inches and make me look androgynous” route? The kind where you can only stare gloomily into the mirror and contemplate universal suffering?... More  →
The Five Stages of a Really Bad Haircut