Skip over navigation

Ask a Teacher: What Do You Wear Outside of School?

By Mr. NavidarSeptember 21, 2011
Q: What kind of clothes do you wear outside of school? A: I wear a suit to school every day. To preserve a perception of authority, I wear that suit everywhere. That way, my students will never confuse or underestimate my level of authority… even if... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What Do You Wear Outside of School?

Vote Megan Prietzel for Principal! EXCEPT SHE ALREADY IS.

By Megan PrietzelSeptember 21, 2011
Dearest Sparklers, it has been unanimously decided that I, Megan Pretzel Prietzel the First, will hold the position of principal at SparkLife Academy. My Legolas poster and I were in total agreement. He also thinks I’m the prettiest girl in the world. As your principal, I... More  →
Vote Megan Prietzel for Principal!  EXCEPT SHE ALREADY IS.

Harry, A History

By ContributorSeptember 21, 2011
Lonks knows that we can't get enough of Harry Potter; she feeds our need with book 56!—Sparkitors Book #56: Harry, A History Author: Melissa Anelli Reason for Reading: In case you haven't picked up on it yet, I'll spell it out for you: I... More  →
Harry, A History

6 Things They Don't Tell You About Hunting

By Kathryn_WilliamsSeptember 20, 2011
As a kid, I didn't eat red meat for eight years, starting when my vegetarian brother mooed at me through an entire meal of veal at a very expensive restaurant my parents had taken us to while on vacation. (It was the 80's;... More  →
6 Things They Don't Tell You About Hunting

Upcoming Events at SparkLife Academy!

By ContributorSeptember 20, 2011
Theatregeek_bookworm<3 presents this week's agenda—feel free to add in pillow fights and ice cream sundae banquets whenever you see fit!—Sparkitors Good afternoon, fellow Sparkler students, and welcome to another bright, beautiful day here at SparkLife Academy! Here are some... More  →
Upcoming Events at SparkLife Academy!

Metalhead Reviews Mystery Science Theater 3000

There is nothing that Metalhead865 is not an expert on. It makes us feel hopelessly inadequate.—Sparkitors Music? Check. Video games? Check. Crushes? Check. What's left? TV. Yes, even I, the great Metalhead865, watch TV. But I'm... More  →
Metalhead Reviews Mystery Science Theater 3000

How to Write the Next Outrageously Popular Tween Book Series

alexsarcastic221 knows where the real money is at: LITERATURE. (If only that were true.)—Sparkitors A few days ago I saw this hilarious post about becoming the next tween phenomenon, and I happened to notice that oceaneyesx3 left out one... More  →
How to Write the Next Outrageously Popular Tween Book Series

Cooking 101

By Rachel KorowitzSeptember 20, 2011
The backstory: my mom's an incredible, my-mouth-is-alive-with-the-newfound-knowledge-of-the-amazingness-of-food kind of cook. Her mom was, too. Me? As a kid, I really liked the idea of cooking, but when you're surrounded by strong, loud women who can make dryer lint taste like Five Guys, joining in... More  →
Cooking 101

Open Thread for September 20

By SparkLifeSeptember 20, 2011
cookie-lovingBabaYaga sent us the most epic present ever: Dear Sparkitors, I would like to present my poster "Sparknotes is amazing!", which I made sometime ago. It still hangs proudly on my wall, as you can see in the second picture. (Yes, it's self advertisement of... More  →
Open Thread for September 20

Chicken Soup for the Sore Throat

By ShivaniSeptember 19, 2011
In the grand scheme of things, getting sick is not so bad, but in the grand scheme of college, getting sick during your third week of school sucks hard. I missed a full week of classes because of a gnarly case of strep throat and... More  →
Chicken Soup for the Sore Throat