Skip over navigation

What You'll Learn When You Visit a College Dorm

By ContributorAugust 17, 2012
I’m old, fellow Sparklers. I’m a senior in high school, I’m filling out papers about what diseases I’m vaccinated against, and I’m twelve years older than my youngest siblings, so they’re probably going to forget they have a sister for large stretches of time. Oh,... More  →
What You'll Learn When You Visit a College Dorm

Never Fear, the Friwards are Here!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 17, 2012
It's come to our attention that a few of you noticed that the Friday Awards were missing last week. Here's what we're thinking went through your heads: HOW COULD YOU SPARKITORS BETRAY US LIKE THIS? WE TRUSTED YOU AND YOU LET US DOOOWWWWNNN!!! The world is coming... More  →
Never Fear, the Friwards are Here!

Metalhead Gets a Gig! (And Goes Back to School)

Metalhead here! Haven't written anything about NBK in quite some time, have I? Well, it's good to be back. First of all, school starts in two weeks down here, and I'm both worried and excited. Worried because of homework (I have... More  →
Metalhead Gets a Gig! (And Goes Back to School)

10 Movies That Would Be Way Better With a Dance Break

By Molly HoranAugust 17, 2012
Yet another Step-Up movie is in theaters, and like all the Step-Ups before it, the quality of the movie will most likely depend on how often they stop to introduce a tedious plot point, thus interrupting the awesomeness of water-drenched crunking. I think... More  →
10 Movies That Would Be Way Better With a Dance Break

What's Your Croatian Name?

Apparently, Croatia is one of the world’s hidden wonders. It has Roman amphitheatres and seaside villages reminiscent of the Greek islands. (Hmm… maybe I should write for travel magazines…) Croatia is also considered the origin of the Dalmatians. And... More  →
What's Your Croatian Name?

A SparkLife Eulogy for the Summer of 2012

By RG DanielsAugust 17, 2012
Saying goodbye to the Summer of 2012 is not easy. There were good times. There were great times. There were times of "It's-so-hot-outside-the-lightning-bugs-are-exploding-right-in-front-of-my-face." There is no proper way to send off the Summer of 2012 except to say it will be missed. When Summer of 2012... More  →
A SparkLife Eulogy for the Summer of 2012

Ten Reasons I Will Most Likely Remain Forever Alone

By ContributorAugust 16, 2012
So as I grow older and *cough* wiser, I am starting to see my friends develop relationships. With BOYS! ...And I was left to eat their great relationship dust. It’s just little old me now with my Youtube videos of Darren Criss and a box... More  →
Ten Reasons I Will Most Likely Remain Forever Alone

Music of the UK, Part Deux

The Olympics and the recent British Music Invasion have put a pretty big spotlight on the UK. So, I’ve put together another playlist full of music that will (hopefully) make you want to go grab some tea and biscuits. I’ve tried to include... More  →
Music of the UK, Part Deux

Lies That Young Adult Fiction Has Told Me

I love classic literature and art-house flicks just as much as the next person, but sometimes they’re not what I need. I don’t bring Beowulf to the beach, nor do I watch Memento for a relaxing afternoon. When I just want something shmoopsy to waste... More  →
Lies That Young Adult Fiction Has Told Me

Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must Reads: Thirteen Reasons Why

Catch up on the entire series right here! Book: Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher Synopsis: Clay Jensen comes home from school to find a package that turns his life upside down (because mysterious packages in teen novels don’t seem to do... More  →
Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must Reads: Thirteen Reasons Why