Skip over navigation

Which Pop Stars Are Moonlighting as Superheroes: An Exposé

By Brandon SpecktorJanuary 18, 2012
The FBI called us crazy. They said we were “wasting time” with theories and that we were “not allowed in this room.” We’re here to tell you that we’re bot the crazy ones. It’s the world that’s gone mad—A world that allows costumed vigilantes to... More  →
Which Pop Stars Are Moonlighting as Superheroes: An Exposé

What Are Your Food Quirks?

By ShivaniJanuary 17, 2012
Happy Geek Week, my nerdy brethren. Before I get on with this week’s deliciousness, I have a question. Does anyone have any weird food quirks? For example, when I have a bag of M&M’s (anything but peanut) I always push two M&M’s together until one cracks.... More  →
What Are Your Food Quirks?

My Geeky Obsession: Crossword Puzzles

By Kathryn_WilliamsJanuary 17, 2012
If you ever sit next to me on a plane, I will be doing a crossword puzzle. Whether it's from In Touch Weekly (celebrity-themed, can do with my eyes closed—I'm that good), my New York Times crossword travel book (can do Monday through Wednesday, but... More  →
My Geeky Obsession: Crossword Puzzles

42 Is Not the Meaning of Life: A Brief Glimpse into My Geekiest Moment

By ContributorJanuary 17, 2012
Shamwow is the President of the Douglas Adams fan club, and it is a position she takes VERY. SERIOUSLY.—Sparkitors In response to Lauren Passell’s tragic story of Newsies and Nachos, I, Melissa S. (of no relation to the one whose life... More  →
42 Is Not the Meaning of Life: A Brief Glimpse into My Geekiest Moment

The Return of the King (Writer Wars is BBACCCKKKK)

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 17, 2012
You butts know that scene in Lord of the Rings when everybody thinks Aragorn is dead, and then he busts through the doors of Helm's Deep like the muddiest badass in Middle Earth? Well THAT is what's happening on Writer Wars today; it... More  →
The Return of the King (Writer Wars is BBACCCKKKK)

Summer Action Movies We'd Like to See

By Josh PeriloJanuary 17, 2012
Here in the deep, dark, dankity dank of winter, it seems like light years away from the buttery smell of the summer movie cineplex beckoning to us with its action packed offerings. The only thing that can get us through these chilly doldrums is... More  →
Summer Action Movies We'd Like to See

New Ways to Geek Out in 2012

By Josh PeriloJanuary 17, 2012
We’re only a handful of weeks into the new year and some of us seem to be slipping back into our old, 2011 ways already. Watching the same shows. Reading the same books. Geeking out over the same old same old that... More  →
New Ways to Geek Out in 2012

How to ENJOY Eating Lunch By Yourself

By ContributorJanuary 17, 2012
sumsparkler one-ups claudiachance's post and tells you not just how to survive a lonely lunch, but make the most of it!—Sparkitors I know most people hate eating... More  →
How to ENJOY Eating Lunch By Yourself

This Music Will Probably Destroy the World

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 17, 2012
I, KittieBratCat, was looking on the back of the package of my guitar strings, and I noticed it has band names on it! And some of them are really good: John Mayer, Aerosmith, Ac/Dc, System of a Down, Counting Crows, Fuel, Guttermouth, Blink-182,... More  →
This Music Will Probably Destroy the World

Geek Week Real Talk: Comedy Nerd 4 Lyfe

By Chrissie GruebelJanuary 17, 2012
Sparklers, I am a comedy geek. And it's terminal. The symptoms started out fairly mild—watching marathon stand-up comedy specials, memorizing Christopher Guest movies, wearing out my copies of books by Ellen DeGeneres and Jerry Seinfeld … you get it. Back... More  →
Geek Week Real Talk: Comedy Nerd 4 Lyfe