Skip over navigation

A Shy Girl Takes a Stand Against Bullies!

By ContributorApril 13, 2012
Growing up, I was usually the one that made friends with “the new girl” and wanted to give everyone a chance. I believed firmly (and still do) in the Golden Rule—treat others as you would want to be treated. In fact, I had few complaints... More  →
A Shy Girl Takes a Stand Against Bullies!

Ask a Teacher: What's Your Favorite Shakespeare Play?

By Mr. JungApril 13, 2012
Q: What’s your favorite Shakespeare play? Why? A: This is a tough question, because it requires an exclusive answer—it’s like asking a parent who their favorite child is. The temptation is to offer a cop-out answer like “I love them all equally,” when in reality, I... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What's Your Favorite Shakespeare Play?

Ask Jono: Is This a Date, and If So, How Do I Escape It?

By Jon_SkindzierApril 13, 2012
Good day, Jono! I've got an issue that requires male perspective. Help, please? So I have this friend—shall we call him Mickey?—and we started talking this year, and we're both nerds, so I've been all, "Yay for budding friendships!" Last week, Mickey asked... More  →
Ask Jono: Is This a Date, and If So, How Do I Escape It?

Metalhead's Top 5 Music Videos

By ContributorApril 12, 2012
Music is pretty awesome. And as you can tell from my post history, I love good songs. Sometimes, good songs have even better videos—here are 5 of my favorites. Vampire Weekend: Cousins This video is a bit unusual, but it's... More  →
Metalhead's Top 5 Music Videos

An Open Letter to One Direction

By ElodieApril 12, 2012
Dear One Direction, I hate you. Or, well, I wanted to hate you. Unfortunately, however, I do not hate you. Rather, I hate what you’re doing to me. To be honest, I thought you guys were all fifteen. That’s not an insult! You all have a certain... More  →
An Open Letter to One Direction

Who Looked Hottest at The Avengers Premiere?

By Chelsea DaggerApril 12, 2012
It's a real shame that the cast of The Avengers is so miserably unattractive, isn't it? I mean, can you imagine a less appealing group of people? It's like Hollywood just decided to round up all the goblins who were TOO ugly for... More  →
Who Looked Hottest at The Avengers Premiere?

Adventures in Hiking

By ContributorApril 12, 2012
Picture this, if you will. The scene: A canyon in the vast deserts of the American Southwest. It’s hot, hotter than our heroes expected, and the sun beats down with a brutality understood only by those who have spent a summer in the south… with a... More  →
Adventures in Hiking

So He Asked You to Prom. Here Are 20 Ways to Say "No" ... with Animals!

By Emily WinterApril 12, 2012
doesn't mean you have to say yes. Here are 20 ideas for rejecting a prom invitation without being too much of a jerk about it. More  →
So He Asked You to Prom. Here Are 20 Ways to Say "No" ...with Animals!

Why Is There a Ban on Sexy Prom Dresses?

By Valerie BurnApril 12, 2012
Prom, at least in popular culture, is a coming-of-age ritual, a symbolic step into adulthood. The boys in your class actually look quite manly dressed up, even in an ill-fitting suit with a shiny cummerbund. The girls, complete with beautiful dresses, manicures, and spray tans,... More  →
Why Is There a Ban on Sexy Prom Dresses?

Top 5 Fantasy Films of All Time

By Janet ManleyApril 11, 2012
Some of us gave up wearing our Spiderman costumes when we were five, while some of us still wear our wunderpants to keep things SUPER on a daily basis. But all of us can find an escape in the fantasy worlds created on the big... More  →
Top 5 Fantasy Films of All Time