Search Menu
Menu

8 Ways To Cheat At NaNoWriMo

By Lisa BernierOctober 22, 2012
NaNoWriMo, the time when professionals and amateurs scribble frantically away in the hopes of earning themselves the prestigious title of novelist, and...um...can you see why I would be terrible at trying this? I can't even write one sentence without losing steam midway. For those (like myself)... More  →
8 Ways To Cheat At NaNoWriMo

Cats, Ghana, and College Application Essays

By Lex LuthorOctober 22, 2012
Decisions are the worst! Sparkler Angela sent us two essays she’s deciding between: one about cats—are they good or evil, friend or foe, smart or incredibly, unbelievably, maddeningly stupid?—and one about her experience at an orphanage in Ghana. Here is my feedback on the cat essay: AMEN,... More  →
Cats, Ghana, and College Application Essays

Calling All Sparklers and Manklers: dac213 Needs Your Help!

By ContributorOctober 22, 2012
Hello, Sparklers and Manklers! I have an odd request/explanation for you guys. See, for my international studies class, I have to spend some time studying a subculture. A subculture is just defined as a small community within a community with its own norms and values.... More  →
Calling All Sparklers and Manklers: dac213 Needs Your Help!

Open Thread October 22nd

By rainmanOctober 22, 2012
Okay, it worked for Wendelin_the_Weird. Here's an Open Thread, since the Sparkitors seem to have forgotten that we need to complain about school and procrastination and MONDAYS IN GENERAL. The picture is a meme my friend sent me. Yeah, our cats are a little weird. Tata Sparklers! More  →

These Are the Craziest Pumpkins You've Never Seen!

By Beth MishlerOctober 22, 2012
It's the familiar ritual known country-wide: carving up a pumpkin and turning it into a big, goofy face. But these are no ordinary Jack-O-Lanterns! Behold with your eyes, the greatest collections of intricately geeky pumpkins you've ever seen! More  →
These Are the Geekiest Jack-O-Lanterns You've Never Seen!

7 Signs You Should De-friend Someone

By Chrissie GruebelOctober 22, 2012
Facebook maintenance, guys. It's time. We all have way too many friends as it is and it's time to get rid of a few. Shhh, I know. It’s like Katniss choosing between Gale and Peeta if “Gale and Peeta” were two random dudes she met... More  →
7 Signs You Should De-friend Someone

Sparklers Review The Casual Vacancy (NO Spoilers!!!)

By Brandon SpecktorOctober 19, 2012
Unless you've been living under a troll's swollen buttock you know that J.K. Rowling released her first non-magical novel a few weeks ago, and that we at SparkLife have been Book Clubbin' the everloving mugglespit out of it. It was great! We talked trash, drew pictures,... More  →
Sparklers Review The Casual Vacancy (NO Spoilers!!!)

The Spectacular Sparkler Secrets Slideshow

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 19, 2012
We couldn't believe how many Sparklers anonymously submitted their secrets for this epic slideshow—some of you even designed amazing graphics to go with them! Your revelations ranged from silly and hilarious to heartbreaking and profound, and we want you to know how much i More  →
The Spectacular Sparkler Secrets Slideshow