Skip over navigation
Menu

Science Fiction vrs Fantasy: Science Fiction Wins by a Parsec!

By Becky FerreiraOctober 3, 2012
Last week, fellow Mastermind Robert Isenberg made the case that fantasy is better than science fiction. I heartily disagree, and I know my fellow scifi nerds will back me on this (provided they take a little break from ray gun target practice). To... More  →
Science Fiction vrs Fantasy: Science Fiction Wins by a Parsec!

The Casual Vacancy Book Club Part 5: Kids Rule, Adults Die in Wicker Baskets

By Brandon SpecktorOctober 3, 2012
I've gotta go carve some energy-efficient, bio-degradable apple core coffins for the local funeral parlor, so today's Book Club will be brief. A few notes about "Friday," "Saturday," and the end of Act One (1/3rd of the way through this mamajama, guys!) : We jumped from... More  →
The Casual Vacancy Book Club Part 5: Kids Rule, Adults Die in Wicker Baskets

Dating With Science: Guys Don't Remember Things The Same Way Girls Do

By Jon_SkindzierOctober 3, 2012
Science Fact: Women remember arguments better than men; both sexes remember different details about everyday things. Explanation: Imagine a couple having a mundane argument. It should be based on something that's at least potentially forgettable; like, "Why don't you ever remember stuff about my... More  →
Dating With Science: Guys Don't Remember Things The Same Way Girls Do

The Most Unintentionally Hilarious Death Scenes of All Time

By Vadim NewquistOctober 3, 2012
Recently, the internet crowned a particular death scene from the little known Turkish film Karate Girl as the all-time worst death scene caught on celluloid. The utter crappitude of this clip cannot be argued. It is, pound for pound, the most poorly shot and ridiculously... More  →
The Most Unintentionally Hilarious Death Scenes of All Time

Pirate Jokes That Don't Stink

By Scott GreenstoneOctober 3, 2012
Yes, Talk Like a Pirate Day was last month. Yes, Pirates of the Caribbean 5 isn't slated to come out until 2015. And pirate jokes? Pirate jokes have always been pretty lame if you're talking about ones like, "What did the pirate pay... More  →
Pirate Jokes That Don't Stink

Awesome Doctor Who TOYS!

By Nuala McKennaOctober 3, 2012
Much like other geek stalwarts such as Star Wars and Lord of The Rings there is a wealth of awesome Doctor Who related merchandise, and much of the awesome collectables are TOYS! We’ve assembled this handy dandy list of of our all-time favorite Doctor Who... More  →
Awesome Doctor Who TOYS!

7 Actors We'd Love to See in Historical Bio-Pics

By Lisa BernierOctober 3, 2012
With Daniel Day-Lewis donning the stovepipe hat to play Lincoln and Bill Murray polishing a pair of spectacles as Franklin Delano Roosevelt, it's clear that Hollywood has historical bio-picks on the mind. Here are some castings we would LOVE to see: 1. ... More  →
7 Actors We'd Love to See in Historical Bio-Pics

School Cliques You Should Totally Start

By RG DanielsOctober 3, 2012
Cliques in high school are like the sesame seeds on a Big Mac bin—they're always there no matter what. Beginning as early as prehistoric times when the dinosaurs broke off into herbivores and carnivores, we've they've been around. Sure, high school cliques can seem... More  →
School Cliques You Should Totally Start

6 Reasons Girls Go to the Bathroom in Groups

By ContributorOctober 3, 2012
Girls go to the bathroom in groups; this is a known fact of life. However, this concept seems to greatly confuse guys, who generally see bathroom trips as a solitary activity. Today the secret shall be revealed. Girls choose to take a friend on these... More  →
6 Reasons Girls Go to the Bathroom in Groups

What to Do When You're Stressed

By FayeOctober 3, 2012
This is what the average professor thinks: Oh, I see that I scheduled an exam for next week. Here’s a project, homework assignment, and lab report all due next week as well! I want to make sure that you have absolutely no time to sleep,... More  →
What to Do When You're Stressed