Skip over navigation

Knitting With Dan

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 21, 2011
When asked what topic I would like to teach at the famed SparkLife Academy, the answer was easy: Knitting. I've already taught you how to become hotshot writers, and knitting is my only other area of expertise. In this lesson, I will teach... More  →
Knitting With Dan

How to Procrastinate

By ContributorSeptember 21, 2011
It’s currently two o’clock in the morning, and that huge paper—you know, the one you found out about a month ago—needs to be handed in five hours and 53 minutes from now. What are you going to do about it? Procrastinate some more, of course!... More  →
How to Procrastinate

Your Homework is Eating and Ridicule

By Kathryn_WilliamsSeptember 21, 2011
When it comes time to select your classes at SparkLife Academy, you may find it helpful to peruse the course list, which our house-elf has been so kind as to chisel on stone tablets for us. Unfortunately, these lists are housed... More  →
Your Homework is Eating and Ridicule

14 Things You'll Do During Freshman Year of College

By Rachel KorowitzSeptember 21, 2011
You're a snowflake, a flower, an albino Aleut who freestyles and speaks Esperanto, and we love that about you. With that said, it doesn't matter how unique you are; there are a few things that just about every college freshman... More  →
 14 Things You'll Do During Freshman Year of College

Chelsea Dagger is Dying and You Get TWO Writer Wars Prompts-Basically, Everybody Wins

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 21, 2011
First off, let me apologize for posting this week's Writer Wars column a day late. I think I have malaria, or maybe a sinus infection; either way, I took yesterday off so I could swig Nyquil straight from the bottle and practice coughing to the... More  →
Chelsea Dagger is Dying and You Get TWO Writer Wars Prompts-Basically, Everybody Wins

How To Be a Snooty Film Person

By Jon_SkindzierSeptember 21, 2011
Welcome to Jono's SparkLife Academy class! Prepare to become pretentious. —Sparkitors Due to a series of increasingly bad decisions, the thing I am most qualified to talk about is film studies, which is the discipline of explaining why no movies are any good and then... More  →
How To Be a Snooty Film Person

Back to School, and Making the Most of It

Unless you're so deep in back-to-school hell that you're sweating ink, BeeHappy94's advice will brighten your day. –Sparkitors So long as you don't live under a rock located in the deepest part of the ocean, right now you're being accosted by commercials claiming that... More  →
Back to School, and Making the Most of It

The Chronicles of Me, Failing Epically at Walking

carrieaimelire is one of the funniest new Sparklers on the  block (and apparently also the clumsiest.) Check out her recent pants-hating post right here!—Sparkitors High school students are famously uncoordinated. In almost every overdone Hollywood movie about teenagers,... More  →
The Chronicles of Me, Failing Epically at Walking

Pirate Metal: Arrrr You Listening? (We Apologize For That Title)

reicherroo ain't exactly Captain Hook, but that doesn't stop her from enjoying these swashbucklin' tunes. (We're using the word "enjoying" loosely, here.)—Sparkitors Avast me hearties! Yo ho! Arrgh! …I’m sorry, I’m from  suburbia. My experience with pirates is limited.... More  →
Pirate Metal: Arrrr You Listening? (We Apologize For That Title)

Ask a Teacher: What Do You Wear Outside of School?

By Mr. NavidarSeptember 21, 2011
Q: What kind of clothes do you wear outside of school? A: I wear a suit to school every day. To preserve a perception of authority, I wear that suit everywhere. That way, my students will never confuse or underestimate my level of authority… even if... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What Do You Wear Outside of School?