Skip over navigation

Why I'm Scared Senseless of Senior Year

By ContributorAugust 30, 2011
eatwheaties51 is a little nervous about starting her senior year, so let's give her a good, old-fashioned Sparkler show of support!—Sparkitors The time has come. The reckoning has begun. The end is upon us. Class of 2012,... More  →
Why I'm Scared Senseless of Senior Year

An Open Letter to Guys Everywhere

By ContributorAugust 30, 2011

Rachcar1 has something important to say, and all y'all gentlemen best be listening.—Sparkitors

Dear guys everywhere,

I'm sure that at one point or another, you've complained about girls not liking you. Now, while I doubt that most of you are

... More  →
An Open Letter to Guys Everywhere

Open Thread for August 30

By SparkLifeAugust 30, 2011
hermionerules5 sent in yet another beautiful photo of NATURE, which is something we don't get to see much of here in the concrete jungle of NY. She gives the deets: This is a meadow in Cedar Breaks National Monument in Utah. The red flowers... More  →
Open Thread for August 30

Waiting and Waiting and MORE Awkwardness

By ContributorAugust 29, 2011
Talie's getting ready to leave for college... but not without one more awkward conversation! —Sparkitors College... COLLEGE. It's big, scary, and super-AMAZINGLY awesome. Well, that's what I've heard, anyway. Even though the rest of the world has left for college already, including all of my... More  →
Waiting and Waiting and MORE Awkwardness

Auntie SparkNotes: Nonosexuality

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 29, 2011
Auntie's now taking a question a week from the college crowd. Baby Sparklers be warned, HND will also be referred to as *gasp-faint-whimper-warm-milk-please* "SEX" today. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, I am a 20-year-old girl, a college junior, and I have an issue that I've recently become somewhat concerned... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Nonosexuality

The Top 7 Reasons to Go to Engineering Camp

monicarima, will you dedicate one of your Android apps to us? Please? —Sparkitors I have just returned from a three-week-long residential camp, and I felt like everyone at SparkLife would appreciate knowing why I had such a good time. I’d like to... More  →
 The Top 7 Reasons to Go to Engineering Camp

Ask a Teacher: Do Teachers Ever Crush on Students?

By Mr. JonesAugust 29, 2011
Q: Do teachers ever crush on students? A: Yes. And it’s always disgusting. Even if there's not a Grand Canyon-type age difference between the teacher and the student, a teacher crush is very creepy. I don’t have personal experience with this. I’ve never found myself infatuated with a... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do Teachers Ever Crush on Students?

How to Raise an Army of Household Objects (Trust Us, This Will Come in Handy)

Flyergirl13 gives you a use for all those bottlecaps you've collected over the years. For more of her insanely awesome writing, check out her blog right here!—Sparkitors Some of you may look at the title of this post and think "Cool!  I've... More  →
How to Raise an Army of Household Objects (Trust Us, This Will Come in Handy)

How to Ensure That Your Profile Pic is Stalk-Worthy

By Megan PrietzelAugust 29, 2011
Your profile picture is the first thing that any random stranger stalker on the internet sees when he types in “Penelope Custard,” so it had better be good. And GOOD IT CAN BE.  In order to determine where your current profile picture stands on the... More  →
How to Ensure That Your Profile Pic is Stalk-Worthy

Holding On: Chapter 14

In the last chapter of willwriteforhearts' fiction masterpiece, Alice and her friends stumble upon her mother's mysterious new boyfriend in a dark alley, and Nick debates whether or not to tell his crush Sam the truth about his paralysis.—Sparkitors Annie looks like a... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 14