Search Menu
Menu

25 Reasons to Celebrate December 20th

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 20, 2012
Some days you wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Some days you wake up on the right side of the bed. And some days you stay in bed until you smell food. This is one of those food-smell days. But there are... More  →
25 Reasons to Celebrate December 20th

The Top 10 On-Screen Duos of 2012

By Lisa BernierDecember 20, 2012
Allie and Noah. Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. Fred and George Weasley. All these combos have gone down in the history of pop culture as unforgettable on-screen partners—but which 2012 pairs will be added to the list? Here are a... More  →
The Top 10 On-Screen Duos of 2012

The 10 Funniest People of 2012

By Josh SorokachDecember 20, 2012
Did your favorite comedian make my list? Well, is your favorite comedian Santa Clause star Tim Allen?  Because if so, then... no. But you're about to find out who did. 10. Mindy Kaling 2012 in Review: The Mindy Project (creator/writer/producer) The Office (writer/producer/actress),... More  →
The 10 Funniest People of 2012

Real Life Exam Horror Story: The Itch

By Valerie BurnDecember 20, 2012
I was finishing my first year of law school and things were going... not great. Allow me to set the scene. First, I had gone through a terrible breakup, which I wrote about for you guys, a few weeks earlier. I was dating someone... More  →
Real Life Exam Horror Story: The Itch

College Essays: The World I Came From

By Lauren PassellDecember 20, 2012
The Prompt: Describe the world you come from, for example, family, friends, school, city, etc., and describe how that has shaped your dreams and aspirations. Our Sparkler's Essay: Think of a city where you are a good student only if you get great grades. That’s where I grew... More  →
College Essays: The World I Came From

How to Throw an Apocalypse Party

By Bailey_SwilleyDecember 20, 2012
The world is ending tomorrow. Want to celebrate in style? Read our tips for throwing the best end-of-the-world bash ever. 1. Decorate! This might be the last party of all time, so make it count with streamers made of dollar bills and hang signs that share... More  →
How to Throw an Apocalypse Party

To Kiss or Not to Kiss

By IcannotthinkofanameDecember 19, 2012

I’ve been a long time lurker of Sparklife ever since a friend told me about Blogging Twilight and I spent the whole night with nothing but a jar of peanut butter, my computer and jetpacks for company. I’ve perused through all of Auntie’s advice columns,

... More  →

How to Not Stress Out About Grades

By reidfaylorDecember 19, 2012
FROM: Triscuits36 Dear Reid, I feel like I stress out too much about the distant future and my grades. How can I relax more? That’s easy—a near death experience. Nothing puts life in perspective like a foreboding brush with death itself. However, you can’t force... More  →
How to Not Stress Out About Grades

Music Exclusive: American Idol Winner Phillip Phillips had a Crazier Year than You Did

By Brandon SpecktorDecember 19, 2012
For the first time in weeks, American Idol winner Phillip Phillips is well-rested. "I just slept like 11 hours, man," he says over the phone from the bed of an LA hotel room, some lingering grogginess compounding the natural ooze of his Georgia drawl and general... More  →
Music Exclusive: American Idol Winner Phillip Phillips had a Crazier Year than You Did

Geeky Girl Christmas Special: Evergreen Eyes

By Allison EmmDecember 19, 2012
Hey, guys. Guys. GUYS! It’s Christmas time. I am so excited I can’t even handle it. Makeup should never be taken too seriously, but with the pine-scented air, the chestnuts roasting, and the sugarplum fairies dancing in our heads, there are even more reasons to be fest More  →
Geeky Girl Christmas Special: Evergreen Eyes