Skip over navigation

Common Ikea Injuries

By Rachel KorowitzAugust 24, 2011
With every back-to-school season comes a) an avalanche of Ikea commercials and b) a guarantee that you'll be spending at least one late-August day strolling the aisles with your fam and buying a computer desk named Njørrg. Since Ikea goods are famously DIY, we... More  →
Common Ikea Injuries

Why Living at Home Is Pretty Awesome

By ContributorAugust 24, 2011
After reading That*One*Asian*Chick's post, we're starting to wish we still lived at home. :/ —Sparkitors I’ve been perusing this site rather enthusiastically over the past few days (alas, my office job is one of those where I just sit and use the... More  →
Why Living at Home Is Pretty Awesome

August Is the Best Month

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 24, 2011
Go blow your nose, February. We have a brand-new favorite month. As much as we enjoyed February, August is even better because it doesn’t have a secret letter R in the middle that only uptight snobs choose to pronounce. Why else is August the... More  →
August Is the Best Month

An Unconventional Love Story

Here's the story of how missmaryquitecontrary got her reading mojo back!—Sparkitors When I read the SparkLife contribution FAQ, I noticed that it specifically mentioned not to submit any sentimental posts about love. But I'm going to take... More  →
An Unconventional Love Story

Fury (This is Book Review, Not a Post About Your Rage Blackouts)

Lonks hits book 53 with the review of a brand new teen thriller!—Sparkitors Book #53: Fury Author: Elizabeth Miles Reason for Reading: I believe that I've mentioned my good friend who is a middle school librarian before, correct? Well, she was... More  →
Fury (This is Book Review, Not a Post About Your Rage Blackouts)

Off to University: A Sparkler's New College Series!

LadyM is back with a brand-new series about her college adventures! GET EXCITED.—Sparkitors Hello Sparklers, and welcome to Megann: The Sequel. You might remember me from the spring, as the SparkLife authority on all things study abroad-related, or as that farm... More  →
Off to University: A Sparkler's New College Series!

5 Reasons Why Portal is Amazing

Metalhead865 isn't just an expert on rock 'n roll; he's got video games on lockdown, too. —Sparkitors You probably already know that I'm a music addict and a decent guitarist. But I also love video games; they're one of the greatest time-wasters ever... More  →
5 Reasons Why Portal is Amazing

Ask a Teacher: Do You Grade Your Favorites Less Strictly?

By Mr. TocheAugust 24, 2011
Q: Do you grade your favorites less strictly? A: In a perfect world, everyone would be exactly the same in the eyes of the teacher, and would naturally get equal treatment during the grading of exams and papers. As a Respectable Professional, I'd like to say... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do You Grade Your Favorites Less Strictly?

Let's Shake Things Up: Writer Wars!

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 23, 2011
Completely unbeknownst to your favorite Dagger, who has been sitting at her desk sorting her paperclips into piles of "Very Shiny" and "Slightly Less Shiny", New York just had an EARTHQUAKE—or at least experienced aftershocks from the quake in Virginia. Luckily, the SparkNotes... More  →
Let's Shake Things Up: Writer Wars!

What To Do If You Have the Worst First Day of School in the History of the World

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 23, 2011
The first day of school always starts off with such potential. You get on the bus full of exuberance and waffles, your backpack full of shiny new school supplies and also waffles, for emergencies. Your binder has an intricate color-coding system,... More  →
What To Do If You Have the Worst First Day of School in the History of the World