Skip over navigation

Ask a Teacher: Are You Friends with Your Students on Facebook?

By Mr. FossNovember 23, 2011
Q: Are you on Twitter and Facebook? Are you friends with your students? A: I have a Facebook account, and it’s getting to the point where most of the other teachers I know have them, too. It’s just a super-convenient way to keep in touch and... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Are You Friends with Your Students on Facebook?

Auntie SparkNotes: You Want Crazy?

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 23, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I have a really really big problem. Lately, I have been having a lot of disturbing thoughts. Very disturbing thoughts. And I see a rather persistent being or beings of the sort that may or may not be real. I'm not entirely sure... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: You Want Crazy?

I Bet My Friends Are More Annoying Than Yours

By ContributorNovember 23, 2011
BritishTea would totally hate us; we say "swag" ALL THE TIME.—Sparkitors This post is about the super-annoying things my friends do—I'm talking about the things that make me want to scream, "Ugh, just SHUT UP!' or "This is all... More  →
I Bet My Friends Are More Annoying Than Yours

Questions To Ask Yourself Before Getting a Tattoo

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 23, 2011
If you're considering getting a tattoo, it will certainly be the most lasting decision you've made in your life so far. However much thought you put into, say, getting a dog, if your dog turns out to suck, you can simply... More  →
Questions To Ask Yourself Before Getting a Tattoo

Birthday Cards Done Right

By Scott GreenstoneNovember 23, 2011
Birthday cards are tricky business, just like under-the-table dealings, friendships with the mob, swing dancing, or attempting flight with only a flock of blue macaws and faith. And just like all of these, the key to writing a meaningful yet sapless (i.e., not sappy)... More  →
Birthday Cards Done Right

5 Habits You Don't Need to Quit in High School

By ContributorNovember 22, 2011
We love graceunderpressure's response to sksk3's amazing post, especially #3! —Sparkitors Yes, you are now in high school. It's exciting. Everything is new and fresh and wonderful but also kind of change-y and scary. Don't worry, here are some habits... More  →
5 Habits You Don't Need to Quit in High School

Ask a Teacher: How Long Does it Take to Get Good at Your Job?

By Miss MahoneyNovember 22, 2011
Q: How long does it take to get good at your job? A: “One more year than you’ve been doing it.” Teaching is easily the hardest thing I have ever done. Allow me to elaborate. Theoretically, it is easy. Find a subject you love.... More  →
Ask a Teacher: How Long Does it Take to Get Good at Your Job?

How to Survive Your First Date

It seems that WelcomeToMichaeland doesn't like guys who smell like pickles. To each her own! —Sparkitors One's very first date can go in a few different directions. It can be a total disaster, it can go wonderfully, or it can be entirely anticlimactic. Personally,... More  →
How to Survive Your First Date

Why My NFL is Better Than Yours

littlemisskatbacon routinely drop-tackles 400-pound dudes...or DOES she? You'll have to read on to find out!—Sparkitors I've been a member of the NFL for two years now, and my team went to Nationals last June. I have numerous trophies, medals,... More  →
Why My NFL is Better Than Yours

Simple Tips That Will Get You Through High School

aspiring4greatness is here to help you survive high school. Listen up.—Sparkitors Ah, high school. Hormones. Football Games. The girls crying under the bleachers for God knows what reason. These four years will no doubt be memorable, but... More  →
Simple Tips That Will Get You Through High School