Skip over navigation
Prom

This Ain't Shakespeare's Ophelia

By ContributorJanuary 6, 2012
Book #66: Ophelia Author: Lisa M. Klein Reason for Reading: My literature teacher recommended it as a pretty good companion novel to Hamlet. I read it in 6th or 7th grade, way before reading the play. Remembering very little about it, and now having... More  →
This Ain't Shakespeare's Ophelia

How to Save Face When You Slip on the Ice

By ElodieJanuary 6, 2012
Chances are, we're all going to slip on the ice this winter at least once. I know with certainty that I will fall flat on my face no less than 29 times on various icy surfaces of death. We're all familiar with the sensation: suddenly your... More  →
How to Save Face When You Slip on the Ice

10 Twists On Clichéd New Year's Resolutions

By Lauren PassellJanuary 6, 2012
After years of  barely even half attempting to follow through with our New Year's resolutions, we know—if it's boring or uninspired, it's going to become a distant memory before you even go back to school. This year, spice up that ho-hum resolution by twisting it... More  →
10 Twists On Clichéd New Year's Resolutions

Justin Timberlake is ENGAGED?!? To Jessica Biel?! WHAT IS GOING ON?!?

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 6, 2012
HOLD ON JUST ONE SECOND: DIDN'T THESE TWO BREAK UP? My Dagger Celebrity Love Radar must be in serious need of some new batteries (and perhaps a fresh coat of rhinestones), because I HAD NO IDEA THEY WERE STILL A COUPLE, MUCH LESS ENGAGED TO... More  →
Justin Timberlake is ENGAGED?!? To Jessica Biel?! WHAT IS GOING ON?!?

SparkLife Sells Its Beanie Babies

By Josh PeriloJanuary 6, 2012
Running a website is no easy task! There are writers, programmers, and an entire staff of masseuses to keep the stress levels at the office down at all times. That last part was a lie. But even without the spa treatments, running a website... More  →
SparkLife Sells Its Beanie Babies

Ask Jono: Making New Friends

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 5, 2012
Hi Jono, So I have an unusual problem. I'm in college, and I'm too much of a wimp to make friends. You see, back in high school I only had two close friends, but we were really close, like a second family. I could literally talk... More  →
Ask Jono: Making New Friends

Why British TV is the Bomb Dot Com

By ContributorJanuary 5, 2012
Nicole_Lyn is trying to convert us all into Brit-obsessed fangirls. We don't know about you, but we are SOLD.—Sparkitors Guys, we need to talk about BBC. Ah yes, the good old the British Broadcasting Corporation (I totally didn’t have to... More  →
Why British TV is the Bomb Dot Com

LonkstheWriter Takes On Hamlet!

Lonks has 6 days left to reach her goal—but will this Shakespearian masterpiece slow her down?—Sparkitors Book #65: The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark Author: William Shakespeare Reason for Reading: Well, my research paper on it... More  →
LonkstheWriter Takes On Hamlet!

Ask a Teacher: What's Your New Year's Resolution?

By Mr. NavidarJanuary 5, 2012
Q: What's your New Year's resolution? A: Uh oh…this one could get me in trouble. Before stepping foot in a classroom, every math teacher swears to uphold the Secret Code of Math Teachers, which is an oath set forth by the love child of Pythagoras and... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What's Your New Year's Resolution?

It's a Brand New Year-But I'm Still NBK

Metalhead is back with a much-needed update on the status of his lurve life!—Sparkitors It's been a while, Sparklurrz! Hope you guys had an awesome Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/New Year's Eve/whatever you celebrate—I know MY Christmas was awesome. But, yes, another year has gone by, and... More  →
It's a Brand New Year-But I'm Still NBK