Skip over navigation

Keeping Your Summer Job: Pros and Cons

By Lucy HutchinsonAugust 23, 2011
While teen movies would have you believe that everyone except you spends the summer months frolicking on the beach surrounded by ice cream and boys, realistically, many of you probably had to work some kind of crummy job just to be able to afford sunblock... More  →
Keeping Your Summer Job: Pros and Cons

Forks, Washington, and What I Found There

By ContributorAugust 23, 2011
Liz_Nash braved brotherly disdain, flammable hardware, and the rabid Twihards of Forks, Washington, all to bring us this awesome post. –Sparkitors “Liz, do you want to go to Forks?” Now there’s something I never expected to hear. As it turns out, my parents felt a... More  →
Forks, Washington, and What I Found There

MISSION GREEN: Easy Ways to Help the Environment!

TR001 is makin' moves to save the world.—Sparkitors This summer, I decided to go big. Gone were the lazy days of lying on the couch enjoying the miracle of daytime television with an open bag of chips in one... More  →
MISSION GREEN: Easy Ways to Help the Environment!

Why Locker Rooms Scare Me to Death

Blue_lights_of_ny, we feel ya. But not literally. —Sparkitors In school, almost everyone takes this little subject called Physical Education. Because we sweat and because it makes us get off our lazy bums, most of us also dread it. With a passion. In fact,... More  →
Why Locker Rooms Scare Me to Death

10 Reasons Shoes Are Like Boys

You really might be onto something here, Gracie S.—Sparkitors I'll just say it: I’ve been having relationship problems. And at these times, when my heart feels like it’s sinking in a pit of sorrow... More  →
10 Reasons Shoes Are Like Boys

HOLY CANOLI! 5 Things You NEED to Know if You Want to Work at a Bakery

By the time we wake up in the morning, Sunshinegirl has already baked 50 cakes with her bare hands. Thanks for making us feel unproductive, you crazy pastry genius.—Sparkitors I spend my summers working at a bakery, and I've got to say; it... More  →
HOLY CANOLI! 5 Things You NEED to Know if You Want to Work at a Bakery

My Roommate Hates Me!

This is Faye's FINAL POST! (OR IS IT.) —Sparkitors Everybody PANIC!!!! I’m done blogging the Naked Roommate!!!! AHHH!!! Oh…and I'm about to leave for college. Am I packed? Haha, no. Have I even finished getting everything I need? Nope. Should that make me worried? Uhh, yeah... More  →
My Roommate Hates Me!

How's College??????

By EmmaAugust 22, 2011
Some of you Sparklers are at college for the first time this week, and we want to know: HOW IS IT? Do you like your roommate? Did you cry when you said bye to your mom? Are the communal bathrooms stressing you out? Have you made... More  →
How's College??????

Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies

By ShivaniAugust 22, 2011
Arranging a dorm room is a lot like playing Tetris. Luckily, I rock at Tetris. Which means I easily transitioned into being a dorm room domestic. Here at college, I've been making friends with a pretty simple method: I bake cookies and use them to bribe... More  →
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies

How To Be Great On The Phone

By Rachel KorowitzAugust 22, 2011

Just as there's an art to emailing, texting, IMing, Facebook posting, glexting*, Tweeting, tumbleblogging, Morse Code-ing, and T-Rexting**, there's an art to that most ancient form of communication known as "talking on the phone." Follow these tips to impress besties and disapproving adults alike with

... More  →
How To Be Great On The Phone