Search Menu
Menu

25 reasons to Celebrate November 16th

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 16, 2012
Happy Friday! If you still need a reason to wear a smile, read this. And for best results, read it in the voice of Marge Simpson. 1. It’s the 60th birthday of Shigeru Miyamoto, the king of Nintendo who helped created Mario, Zelda, and just about... More  →
25 reasons to Celebrate November 16th

We Say "Da" to Anna Karenina!

By Becky FerreiraNovember 16, 2012
Finally, a period piece that doesn't rely solely on costume design. Today, director Joe Wright's adaptation of Anna Karenina hits theaters, starring Keira Knightley as Anna, Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Count Vronsky, and Jude Law as Alexei Karenin. Viva Tolstoy! This adaptation is visually ingenious, and clearly calls dibs... More  →
We Say "Da" to Anna Karenina!

12 Sci-Fi/Fantasy Places More Awesome Than Hogwarts!

By Scott GreenstoneNovember 16, 2012
Or at least as awesome. Or almost as awesome, but less by a fifth of a googol. Before you start spouting crazy talk, remember that we all love Harry Potter here and we all think Hogwarts is iconic...but there are other wizard schools, even in... More  →
12 Sci-Fi/Fantasy Places More Awesome Than Hogwarts!

Geek-Up Your Thanksgiving with ThinkGeek!

By Vadim NewquistNovember 15, 2012
Soon we'll all be gathering with friends and family over turkey, or perhaps even tofukey, if you're into that sort of thing. No matter what we're serving, though, we can always use some helpful hints on how to make this time of year easier. So we teamed up with our friends o More  →
Geek-Up Your Thanksgiving with ThinkGeek!

The Most Fun Book Festival In the History of Book Festivals

By Kathryn_WilliamsNovember 15, 2012
Jalapeño Poppers, Last weekend I attended what was, without a doubt, the most fun book festival ever in the history of book festivals. Yes, I speak of the notorious YALLFest in Charleston, SC. A book festival for YA authors started by YA... More  →
The Most Fun Book Festival In the History of Book Festivals

Fabulous Fashion Recap Featuring Emma, Kristen, and More!

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 15, 2012
I am about to depart for a week-long vacation in my glorious home state of Colorado, and in order to ease the pain of my temporary absence, I decided to craft you this interminable slideshow of celebs in fancy duds. HOWEVER, since I've only got 17 minutes until I have to le More  →
Fabulous Fashion Recap Featuring Emma, Kristen, and More!

One High School Administration Says Leggings Are Not Pants

By Emily WinterNovember 15, 2012
A Minnesota high school principal has sent an email to parents about... leggings. According to the Associated Press, the email asks parents to talk to their daughters about not wearing leggings with short shirts, and to urge girls to "keep things covered up." Principal Dave... More  →
One High School Administration Says Leggings Are Not Pants

Spinsters Rule the World in Crewel by Gennifer Albin

By Swapna KrishnaNovember 15, 2012
YA novels with a "unique" teenage girl as the main character set in some sort of fantasy/dystopian world are everywhere right now, and you have to wonder why. It’s not that they aren’t good (clearly, we enjoy them), but it seems like we've seen just... More  →
Spinsters Rule the World in Crewel by Gennifer Albin

25 Reasons to Celebrate November 15th

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 15, 2012
The first half of November is all about leftover Halloween candy and dead leaves. The second half is about turkey and waiting to eat turkey. Today is a great day, and here’s why: 1. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 2: More Words: The Baby Sitter... More  →
25 Reasons to Celebrate November 15th

Can You Feel the Heat? Stock Boy Bracket Round 3

By Kathryn_WilliamsNovember 15, 2012
You thought the presidential election was heated? We're girding our loins for war over the semi-finals of the Hot Stock Boy Bracket. Just promise us you won't secede if your hottie loses. Because, when it comes to looking at pictures of cute boys, everyone wins. More  →
Can You Feel the Heat? Stock Boy Bracket Round 3