Skip over navigation

Least Authentic Ways to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day

By Josh PeriloMarch 13, 2012
It’s happened to Thanksgiving and Christmas, and before you know it, it’s going to happen to St. Patrick’s Day, too—the commercialization of national holidays in America is taking away the real meaning of the celebration. And we all know what the real meaning of St. Pat’s... More  →
Least Authentic Ways to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day

Need to Get Out of Doing Your Chores? Try These Excuses!

By SissyMarch 13, 2012
Doing chores totally sucks, but unless you happen to be an heiress, odds are your parents are going to rely on you to pitch in with the housework and "earn your keep." Have better things to do than scrub counters? No kidding, we all do.... More  →
Need to Get Out of Doing Your Chores? Try These Excuses!

Spring Forward Fashion

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 13, 2012
Now that we've all time-traveled an hour into the future (no Tardis needed, just a government-mandated clock adjustment!), I'm celebrating the longer days and later sunsets by hauling my lightweight spring clothes out of storage. Is it warm enough to wear them around outside? Ehhhhhhh.... More  →
Spring Forward Fashion

The Greatest Gift Ever Given: MORE TURTLE FACTS

By reidfaylorMarch 12, 2012
Hello there, readers. I have a gift for you. Go ahead. Open it. Do you like it? That’s right, I got you just what you wanted: even more turtle facts. Honestly, the amount of facts I know is pretty much stupid. I don’t even remember how... More  →
The Greatest Gift Ever Given: MORE TURTLE FACTS

Fairy Tales Too Scary For Kids? We Can Fix That

By Melissa AlbertMarch 12, 2012
Up next in news we already knew, it seems that fairy tales—the deep, dark Grimm Brothers kind—are too scary for children. With their focus on death, child abandonment, and evil of all kinds, these tales are no longer approved bedtime reading by the... More  →
Fairy Tales Too Scary For Kids? We Can Fix That

Chelsea Dagger Interviews KATNISS, PEETA, AND GALE.

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 12, 2012
THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING. PUT ON YOUR MARSHMALLOW HELMETS, BECAUSE WE ARE IN ALL-CAPS, BRAIN-EXPLOSION TERRITORY. On Sunday, March 4, I, Chelsea "The Sweat King" Dagger, got the UNBELIEVABLE, INSANE, AMAZING chance to meet and interview JENNIFER LAWRENCE, LIAM HEMSWORTH, More  →
Chelsea Dagger Interviews KATNISS, PEETA, AND GALE.

Auntie SparkNotes: Awkward Daughterness

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 12, 2012
Hi Auntie! My parents are divorced for a while now and that’s never really disturbed me, because they have shared custody and me and my sister have always gone back and forth together. Sadly, that’s not the case anymore: she moved out for college. She's very... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Awkward Daughterness

More St. Patrick's Day Facts: True Stuff About Ireland

By Josh PeriloMarch 12, 2012
With St. Patty’s day coming up, we thought we’d share some more little-known, incredibly "true" facts about Ireland: Ireland was actually founded by the General Mills Corporation as a marketing ploy for Lucky Charms cereal. Ireland is made completely of shamrocks, lyres, and billy goat hooves. The national... More  →
More St. Patrick's Day Facts: True Stuff About Ireland

A Disaster of Epic Proportions (AKA My Driving Test)

By ElodieMarch 12, 2012
Two years ago, an ominous wind picked up and drivers everywhere felt a thrill of fear as the DMV reluctantly forked over my driver's license. Every good road test story involves a stony-faced test administrator with a no-nonsense demeanor, and mine was no exception. When I... More  →
A Disaster of Epic Proportions (AKA My Driving Test)

Ask a Teacher: Do Parents Argue for Better Grades?

By Ms. DameMarch 12, 2012
Q: Do parents ever argue for better grades for their kids? If so, what do you do when this happens? A: When it comes to grades, everyone, and I mean everyone, likes to argue. It’s my opinion that if you or your parent feels that... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do Parents Argue for Better Grades?