Skip over navigation

What to Read If You're Suffering from Hunger Games Withdrawal

By Melissa AlbertApril 4, 2012
You've read every book, seen the movie four times, and married your cat to your dog in a sumptuous, Panem-inspired ceremony. But it's still not enough. So until Suzanne Collins decides to write a fourth HG book (Eating Bark's Not So Bad!: In... More  →
What to Read If You're Suffering from Hunger Games Withdrawal

Why You Should Be Watching "Awake"

By ContributorApril 4, 2012
For all you Sparklers out there who didn't know, NBC's new series Awake premiered on March 1—and it is awesome. Awake centers around Michael Britten, a homicide detective who's in an awful car accident and afterwards can't tell if he's awake or dreaming. He's basically... More  →
Why You Should Be Watching "Awake"

It's Baseball Season! Pickup Lines

By Emily WinterApril 4, 2012
It’s the first day of regular-season, stateside BASEBALL. YUS! So, you gonna get out there and hit on some girls or what. Uh, you're going to. That was not a question. Why? Because we happened to have some very fine baseball-themed pickup lines for you to use... More  →
It's Baseball Season! Pickup Lines

The 5 Types of Movie Watchers

By ContributorApril 4, 2012
You know the drill: it’s time to watch a movie in your living room, and you're surrounded by your family, your friends, or even total strangers (if it’s the latter, I don’t even want to know what that's about). No matter who you're sitting next to,... More  →
The 5 Types of Movie Watchers

Ask A Teacher: Do You Ever Wonder What Students Say About You?

By Mr. JungApril 4, 2012
Q: Do you ever wonder what the students say about you? And, if you hear about it somehow, do you ever try and change the way students think about you? A: Maybe I’m normalizing a personal neurosis, but I find it difficult to imagine someone who... More  →
Ask A Teacher: Do You Ever Wonder What Students Say About You?

Take a Stand Against Bullying with The Bully Project!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 4, 2012
Today, we're teaming up with our amazing friends at DoSomething.org to bring you The Bully Project, an incredible campaign that could literally change, and maybe even save, the lives of teenagers just like you. In conjunction with More  →
Take a Stand Against Bullying with The Bully Project!

Why I Have a Crush On My Crush: A Letter to My Crush

By RG DanielsApril 3, 2012

Dear You:

I bet you get a lotta guys sending you texts and e-mails about how your beauty reminds them of a sunset or a flower or something. And I bet you get a lotta guys telling you that you’re smarter than Harvard... More  →

Why I Have a Crush On My Crush: A Letter to My Crush

More Beatles Lyrics Explained: Magical Mystery Tour Edition

By Brandon SpecktorApril 3, 2012
When plumbing the Beatles' vast catalog, Magical Mystery Tour is easily overlooked. At that point in the band's career, they could have released twelve tracks of John Lennon eating Indian food and sneezing violently into a microphone and still guaranteed a platinum hit (they later... More  →
More Beatles Lyrics Explained: Magical Mystery Tour Edition

Your Favorite Mankler Just Released a New ALBUM!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 3, 2012
I'm sure you butts are familiar with Metalhead865; ya know, the Mankler who's written over 30 Hit List posts, authored a crazy-popular NBK series, and basically serves as our resident music expert? Well, his resume just got even more... More  →
Your Favorite Mankler Just Released a New ALBUM!

The 10 Worst Kinds of Facebook Status Updates

By Melissa AlbertApril 3, 2012
Facebook jail: it isn't a real thing, but wouldn't it be great if it was? We could quarantine all the world's most annoying Facebook users into one designated area, where they'd walk around in circles commenting "HUH?" on everyone else's updates,... More  →
The 10 Worst Kinds of Facebook Status Updates