Skip over navigation

One Year, 100 Books: A List of Lonks' All-Time Favorites!

By ContributorApril 20, 2011
Lonks gives you the low-down on the best reads for teens!—Sparkitors Hey, Sparklers! As you've probably figured out, I’ve been a avid reader for a looooooong time, and I've built up quite a collection of favorite books. A couple of you have asked me... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: A List of Lonks' All-Time Favorites!

One Year, 100 Books: Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats

Lonks is on book 26 already?! Time flies when you're readin' about cats, we guess!—Sparkitors Book #26: Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats Author: T.S. Eliot Reason for Reading: I was kind of far behind because Starship Troopers took me basically all... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats

You Know You’re a Witch/Wizard When...

aPennyForYourTwoCents, we think a better title for this post would be "You Know You're Harry Potter When..."—Sparkitors I’ve been wondering why I never received my Hogwarts acceptance letter.  If you’re wondering the same thing, don’t fret your ashamed little Squib/Muggle head…because you still  may... More  →
You Know You’re a Witch/Wizard When...

You Know You're From Martha's Vineyard When...

Sounds nice, theoreticalgrrl. We're gonna come visit, okay?—Sparkitors Martha's Vineyard is a picturesque little island off the coast of Massachusetts, and a popular destination for presidents (Kennedys, Clintons, and Obamas, anyone?) and celebrities (Lady Gaga just bought a... More  →
You Know You're From Martha's Vineyard When...

11 Reasons Spring is the Best Season for Romance

'olwhatshername continues her proud tradition of season-based romance posts!—Sparkitors

Sparklers of all ages and sizes, I have an announcement. Cupid’s got a case of spring fever, which means I’m here (yet again) to help you land a hug-buddy,

... More  →
11 Reasons Spring is the Best Season for Romance

Blogging Once Upon a Prom: Dream, Part 10

By Jennifer GrudzieckiApril 20, 2011
There are only 4 weeks, 1 day, 5 hours, and 48 minutes left until prom. Is it just me, or does this book move slower than an asthmatic old man walking backwards up a flight of stairs? Well, maybe the author is just using it... More  →
Blogging Once Upon a Prom: Dream, Part 10

Making My Prom Dress: The Finale!

Whimzy finally finishes her dress—and it's absolutely breath-taking!—Sparkitors Here it is, guys: the dress is done. Finally!  I know the wait has been long, and I'm sure you're all dying to hear how Prom went down, so without further ado, here's my last... More  →
Making My Prom Dress: The Finale!

Faye's Quest for a Prom Date: The Winner!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiApril 20, 2011
The votes are in. The die has been cast. All bets are on the table. FAYE HAZ A DRESS, PEOPLEZ! Drum-roll, please. Are you ready for this? We don't think you're ready. Go bake us a batch of cookies while you get ready. Are you back with cookies? Good.... More  →
Faye's Quest for a Prom Date: The Winner!

Oh No, Everyone! We Are All Fat.

By Jon_SkindzierApril 20, 2011
The sudden realization that you have somehow become Jabba the Hutt comes to everyone differently. Maybe you're going through your closet and puzzling over why someone has replaced all your clothing with what is clearly a bunch of children's clothes. Maybe you wander past a... More  →
Oh No, Everyone! We Are All Fat.

You Know You're from a (Sheltered) New Jersey Suburb When....

By ContributorApril 19, 2011
SeptembreRea, we're dying to tell a Jersey joke. But we won't. Maybe.—Sparkitors Who cares about the Jersey Shore? We're talking about the New Jersey SUBURBS here. It's much more awesomesauce than some questionable resort on the edge of the Atlantic, packed full... More  →
You Know You're from a (Sheltered) New Jersey Suburb When....