Skip over navigation

The Pros and Cons of Being in a Relationship

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJuly 13, 2011
Everyone knows relationships have their ups and downs... you love him one day, hate him the next. Her face is beautiful one day, you can't stand to see her the next. You go on dates, fight over the phone, and make out in closets. But... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Being in a Relationship

Ten Ways To Make New Friends This Summer

By Jon_SkindzierJuly 12, 2011
Have you ever looked around at your group of friends and thought to yourself, wow, these guys are awful? If so, there's a strong possibility that you might be a jerk, but that's okay. We're going to help you out anyway. As it happens, summer is... More  →
Ten Ways To Make New Friends This Summer

Announcing the New Fiction Contest!

By Miss MarmJuly 12, 2011
What do butts, Louis CK, and penguins have in common? They are all funny. And the theme of our new fiction contest is FUNNY STORIES THAT MAKE US LAUGH. FAQs, activate! What do you mean by "funny"? We mean David Sedaris, Dear Albert, Nancy... More  →
Announcing the New Fiction Contest!

Utter Terror and Squid Metaphors: Coming Out and My Journey to Happiness!

By ContributorJuly 12, 2011
We've published a lot of really awesome coming out posts lately, but this one by the brave and hilarious horcruxnumber7 might just be our favorite.—Sparkitors As teenagers, we all go through what I call “those gut-wrenching-horrifically-scary-reduce-you-to-a-puddle-of-anxiety-jello moments.” For whatever reason (I personally blame... More  →
Utter Terror and Squid Metaphors: Coming Out and My Journey to Happiness!

How to Survive Summer School

WhoSaidGazillionWasntANumber is about to save you from Dante's inferno, so get out your granola bars and listen up.—Sparkitors While some of you may be joyously skipping in the grass outside, sipping cold lemonade, or hanging at the beach with some... More  →
How to Survive Summer School

How to Write a Funny Story

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 12, 2011
Why did we ask Dan to share his comedy secrets? Because we're having a fiction contest, and the theme is FUNNY STORIES THAT ARE FUNNY. Check back a little later for more details! —Sparkitors If you clicked on this post, then you might be a sad... More  →
How to Write a Funny Story

3 Reasons The Hunger Games Is Just Like Twilight

alexsarcastic221 makes a claim that just might start a war. Whose side will you be on?—Sparkitors

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT!!! Put that arrow down and back away from the tracker jacker nest! I promise that I am a

... More  →
3 Reasons The Hunger Games Is Just Like Twilight

Writer Wars: Rabies Isn't As Fun As It Seems

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 12, 2011
DUDES, how did you become such prolific and spectacular scribes? Your fictional foibles stunned the sweat out of me; I couldn't be prouder of the literary greatness you butts are producing in the comments. Give yourselves several hearty claps on the back and buy a... More  →
Writer Wars: Rabies Isn't As Fun As It Seems

Open Thread for July 12

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 12, 2011
These two adorable beans belong to the excellent parents of Chelsea Dagger. They spend their days eating dirt, performing spectacularly choreographed dance numbers, and collapsing to the floor in blissful exhaustion. The big-headed goober on the left is Rosie (aka Mr. Potatochip), and the particularly... More  →
Open Thread for July 12

What to Do When You Bump Into Teachers

By ContributorJuly 11, 2011
Ginger's offhanded references to Lorenzetti make us so happy. —Sparkitors Picture this. It's the summer after your first year of college. You’re at the park. You’re watching your little brother and his friends, and you’re working on rounding them up and getting them home.... More  →
What to Do When You Bump Into Teachers