Skip over navigation

Hilarious British TV Shows You Should Be Watching, But (Sadly) Aren't (Yet)

By ContributorAugust 26, 2011
{Insert_Witty_Username_Here} has the lowdown all the Brit sitcoms you will shortly be addicted to.—Sparkitors Sparklers, my mother likes Netflix. I mean she really, REALLY likes Netflix (even with the price hike!), so it is not uncommon for her to pop into my room... More  →
Hilarious British TV Shows You Should Be Watching, But (Sadly) Aren't (Yet)

Ask a Teacher: At What Age Are Students the Jerkiest?

By Miss MahoneyAugust 25, 2011
Q: At what age are students the jerkiest? A: My first year of teaching, I taught eighth grade. It was the worst year of my life. By now, I have taught every grade in high school, and I can say undoubtedly that teenagers are the lowest forms... More  →
Ask a Teacher: At What Age Are Students the Jerkiest?

Hogwarts Superlatives: The Final Cut

By ContributorAugust 25, 2011
Forget the Oscars; dac213 passes final judgement on the best-of-the-best from the all-star Potter cast.—Sparkitors Since I awarded Avatar: The Last Airbender superlatives, I clearly had to do the same for Hogwarts (BTW, “Hogwarts” does not come up as misspelled;... More  →
Hogwarts Superlatives: The Final Cut

The 6 Coolest Ways to Greet Old Friends on the First Day of School

By Megan PrietzelAugust 25, 2011
The best part about showing up for your long, arduous, horrifying first day of school is seeing all your old pals and buddies. These be yo' peeps! Old school friends are often the only reason you’re able to sit through classes, whether they’re making jokes... More  →
The 6 Coolest Ways to Greet Old Friends on the First Day of School

Riding For a Good Cause

QuirkySpark is on a mission to help horses everywhere!—Sparkitors Hello, beautiful Sparklers! I write to you because I need your help. Well, more accurately, I need your ears (or eyes, as you’ll be reading this). I turn to... More  →
Riding For a Good Cause

6 Ways to Earn Money During the School Year

Neither SparkNotes nor johnny law can condone all of bricked94's methods, so please take this for the satire that it is. –Sparkitors As summer comes to a close, most Sparklers are left thinking “How am I going to pay for clothes/books/chicken quesadillas from Taco... More  →
6 Ways to Earn Money During the School Year

Elodie on Saying Goodbye (If You Don't Tear Up While Reading This, You're a Monster)

By ElodieAugust 25, 2011
I recently had an epiphany: goodbyes suck. No one likes goodbyes (if you say you do, you’re a liar and I’m not inviting you to my magnificent wedding). Some people don’t even like the thought of goodbyes. Case in point: I had to get my... More  →
Elodie on Saying Goodbye (If You Don't Tear Up While Reading This, You're a Monster)

51 Reasons to Live

After reading Aleyna22's post, we feel inspired enough to run for office! (Or at least eat a jar of Miracle Whip.)—Sparkitors We all know it's not as easy to be happy in real life as it is in the movies. Whether you're as low... More  →
51 Reasons to Live

Changing Classes-Just for Me!

Getting carried around by security guards, having classes moved for her—we think thatshowiroll21 sounds more like a rock star than a college student! —Sparkitors Sparklers, I have something to confess: I have an addiction. You see, this summer I've become extremely practiced at staying up... More  →
Changing Classes-Just for Me!

What College Is Like, Pre-College

By ContributorAugust 24, 2011
This past week, my life has been more or less consumed by the Wonderful Sport of Tennis. By this, I mean that ever since the day after I got back to campus, I have had practices from 6:30-8:15 AM, and from 4:00-6:30 PM. The funny... More  →
What College Is Like, Pre-College