Skip over navigation

What Not to Wear to Prom

By ShivaniFebruary 16, 2012
Clown shoes Hazmat suit Burger costume Burger King uniform Anything edible Anything alive (put the hamster down) Your little sister’s dress-up clothes Anything that weighs more than you do Anything that requires batteries Clothing that could conceivably be described as “puce colored” Sexy pumpkin costume Shoes that double as emergency weaponry Cirque du Soleil-style orange spray tan Chem.... More  →
What Not to Wear to Prom

Why Aren't Ya'll Watching Merlin?

By ContributorFebruary 16, 2012
dac213 has the just the show to satisfy all your nerdiest fantasies!—Sparkitors I find it odd that I seem to be the only dork in the world who’s watching Merlin. I mean, this... More  →
Why Aren't Ya'll Watching Merlin?

Cereal Mascot Tournament, Round 2

By RG DanielsFebruary 15, 2012
Previously in Round 1 we saw BuzzBee take down Frankenberry, Tony the Tiger dominate, and the flash of Fred Flintstone & Barney Rubble. Round 2 promises to be another action-packed series of matches between history’s greatest cereal mascots. Tony the Tiger vs. Cookie Crisp Chip ... More  →
Cereal Mascot Tournament, Round 2

When Is It OK to Say "I Love You"?

By Rachel KorowitzFebruary 15, 2012
Romantically speaking: Right: When you love each other. Wrong: When you don't. Next issue? Just kidding! But sort of not. What is love? Auntie Sparknotes covered it really well here, but to recap: love is shorthand for a combination of tenderness, happiness, devotion, appreciation, attraction, comfort, and... More  →
When Is It OK to Say "I Love You"?

What's Your Geek Score?

By Jon_SkindzierFebruary 15, 2012
Geekiness has always been a little harder to measure than other traits. You can rely on a clear numerical value if you want to brag about, say, your physical fitness ("I can bench twelve pounds."), or your culinary expertise. ("I can fit... More  →
What's Your Geek Score?

Boys, Possibilities, and Ukeleles

By ContributorFebruary 15, 2012
Talie may not have checked something off her bucket list this week, but she's still got lots to say! — Sparkitors Before I start off I’d like to apologize to those that I’ve insulted in my attempt at faking a semi-believable... More  →
Boys, Possibilities, and Ukeleles

Movie Theater Etiquette 101

By SissyFebruary 15, 2012
In your quest to see all nine Oscar nominated movies before the Academy Awards, you have probably noticed some extremely strange people at the theater. These are the moviegoers who answer their phones during the critical love scene, or chew their popcorn in your ear... More  →
Movie Theater Etiquette 101

How to Tell You're Being Dumped

By Melissa AlbertFebruary 15, 2012
Some people are cowards about breakups. Actually, lots of people are cowards about breakups, which means that odds are very good you'll eventually find yourself dumped...except nobody's bothered to tell you. Your ex knows, your ex's friends know, even your principal keeps... More  →
How to Tell You're Being Dumped

Musicals That Everyone Should See Before They Die

KJ_Vball is about to blow your mind with her musical enthusiasm. GET READY.—Sparkitors Musicals tend to get a fair amount of hate in today’s society. But I, KJ_Vball, am here to say *clears throat, does vocal warm-ups*... More  →
Musicals That Everyone Should See Before They Die

What to Put on A Mix CD for Your Crush

Metalhead tells you exactly which tunes to give to that cutie in your Calc class!—Sparkitors Recently, Mindhut brought attention to the amazing music medium that is the mix CD. As we learned from the previous post, there are... More  →
What to Put on A Mix CD for Your Crush