Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread For November 3

By rainmanNovember 3, 2012
No, I am burdening you with a flower from my garden again. Totes not. Just kidding! Here’s another flower from my garden. Enjoy ... More  →

How to Get a Peculiar Pet

By reidfaylorNovember 2, 2012
FROM: Aradan After studying about a semester of politics, our school's student coucil officers have decided to completely revise the student council, write a constitution, and create a student senate. However, though we lack no ideas for the content of this constitution, we do... More  →
How to Get a Peculiar Pet

Scary Movies for People Who Hate Scary Movies

By Lisa BernierNovember 2, 2012
One of the great mysteries of all time is why normal, otherwise sane people voluntarily choose to seat themselves in a movie theater for about 120 minutes of mind-numbing fright. Why, oh, why would you WANT to jump in your seat? Scream every 5 seconds?... More  →
Scary Movies for People Who Hate Scary Movies

What Classic Novel Are You?

By Lisa BernierNovember 2, 2012
Some people take online personality quizzes to see if they're an introvert, extrovert, or good at flirting but bad at relationships. Other, more literary minded people, read a tome of prose and realize this is the soundtrack to their life, only wordier, longer, and with... More  →
What Classic Novel Are You?

What Do You Think About Joss Whedon's Mitt Romney Video?

By Vadim NewquistNovember 2, 2012
With just a mere few days to go until Americans file into the voting booths to decide this crucial upcoming election, Joss Whedon (Avengers mastermind and geek extraordinaire) has released a satirical video that puts his political views front and center in quite an unconventional... More  →
What Do You Think About Joss Whedon's Mitt Romney Video?

A Brief History of James Bond

By Becky FerreiraNovember 2, 2012
Next Friday, November 9th, James Bond, M, and even Q will be back for the latest 007 film, Skyfall. Obviously, there's no better time to brush up on the career of the world's most famous secret agent, so we present to you A Bullet-Point (GET... More  →
A Brief History of James Bond

I've Got a Problem With Steampunk: a Rebuttal

By Paul KirschNovember 2, 2012
Some time ago, Sparkitor Josh Perilo aired his grievances with the genre of Steampunk in this here article. So, our esteemed contributor Paul Kirsch decided to write a rebuttal, defending Steampunk in its many forms. I took it upon myself to study Steampunk from... More  →
I've Got a Problem With Steampunk: a Rebuttal

Gone But not Forgotten: Amazing TV Shows Cancelled too Soon

By Beth MishlerNovember 2, 2012
We're pretty sure we heard a universal “Nooooooooo!” from geeks everywhere when it was recently announced that G4's Attack of the Show was going to be canceled. Sadly, this has become a common occurrence. When we think about it for a second, tons of geektabulous... More  →
Gone But not Forgotten: Amazing TV Shows Cancelled too Soon

Video: Obama and Romney Make 4-Year-Old Cry

By Scott GreenstoneNovember 2, 2012
You know politics makes you want to cry, too. Abigael Evans and her mom live in Colorado, a "battleground state" where over $58 million has been spent in campaign advertising just this campaign. This video makes us laugh, then go "awwwww," then wonder if her mom put... More  →
Video: Obama and Romney Make 4-Year-Old Cry