Skip over navigation
Prom

My Little Pony Meets Florence + the Machine

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 22, 2011
Apparently, there are quite a few of you Bronies out there. How did I miss this? A Spurkler sent in this adorable video, and if you don't love it, it's probably because you are an evil person who is destined to die alone. Because really,... More  →
My Little Pony Meets Florence + the Machine

If WebMD Were Written by SparkLife

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 21, 2011
Since being felled by the Great Swine Flu Epidemic of 2009, a historic medical calamity that left Sploggers and Sparkitors incapacitated in a pile of their own snotty tissues and used Neti pots, we have made it a priority to get vaccinated for... More  →
If WebMD Were Written by SparkLife

Megan Teaches You How to Make a Christmas Craft and It Makes Little to No Sense. Enjoy.

By Megan PrietzelDecember 21, 2011
If you do not decorate your abode for the holidays, you are an awful person. Just kidding. But really, I think much less of you. You should do something about that. BUT WHAT?!  Well look at that, Megan has made a guide. A guide that makes... More  →
Megan Teaches You How to Make a Christmas Craft and It Makes Little to No Sense.  Enjoy.

Why Once Upon a Time Is the Season's Best New Show

By ContributorDecember 21, 2011
And we were all worried about running out of Hulu material over holiday break. Thanks for the tip, paradiselight! –Sparkitors Ladies and gentlesparks, your attention, please! I'm about to tell you of a television craze that's sweeping the nation! (Or start the craze by... More  →
Why Once Upon a Time Is the Season's Best New Show

The HOBBIT Trailer! (It's About to Get NERDY Up In This Joint)

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 21, 2011
GEEKS, REJOICE: the time has come to bust out your Gandalf costume and do Tolkien shuffle (it looks a little like the Macarena, but with less hip action and more swordplay), because the epic trailer for Peter Jackson's The Hobbit has just been released. If you're... More  →
The HOBBIT Trailer! (It's About to Get NERDY Up In This Joint)

Eric Whitacre: Composer Extraordinaire (And He Also Has Great Hair)

theoreticalgrrl wants to introduce you to a handsome dude who knows his way around a dissonant chord. Are you really going to say no?—Sparkitors Many of you might think that classical music is for boring old people, but I'm... More  →
Eric Whitacre: Composer Extraordinaire (And He Also Has Great Hair)

11 and a Half Reasons I Hate Being A Muggle

LiveLongAndProsper really, really wants to be a wizard. Join the club, dude.—Sparkitors Sure, I really dislike bubble wrap and singing the alphabet backwards, but today, I’ve realized what bothers me most: my mugglehood. You see, I happen to love... More  →
11 and a Half Reasons I Hate Being A Muggle

Annoying Misused Words

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 21, 2011
Don't worry, this isn't one of those "Argh, you stupid kids!" complaints. You all get enough of that from grumpy old people who are mystified by your use of internet shorthand (and who further assume that you are constantly texting naked butts at each other).... More  →
Annoying Misused Words

You Can FLY! And You're a Wizard. (That's Just How We Roll at Writer Wars.)

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 20, 2011
Last week's prompt was a DOOZY, dudeskis, but you dweebs didn't disappoint. Despite having to deal with some heavy, heavy material (terminal cancer, wizardry, being adopted, inheriting mad cash, the power of flight), you turned out short stories that were better than ever;... More  →
You Can FLY! And You're a Wizard. (That's Just How We Roll at Writer Wars.)

Five Really Awesome and Really Indie Bands

By ContributorDecember 20, 2011
Metalhead865 introduces you to some killer new music!—Sparkitors In most of my posts, I cover bands that actually have a chance at being nationally known. But I've been listening to a ton of local bands lately, and I think... More  →
Five Really Awesome and Really Indie Bands