Skip over navigation

The 12 Worst Things That Happen in the Bathroom

By ContributorSeptember 23, 2011
Jaupps, we love this, because we are gross. –Sparkitors In order of increasing horribleness, I present the 12 terrible bathroom events you will find yourself dealing with at some point in your life: 12. Do people seriously just miss the bowl? REALLY? I'm not cleaning... More  →
The 12 Worst Things That Happen in the Bathroom

How to Have a Dog

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 22, 2011
Do you have a dog? Good! Because today, in honor of SparkLife Academy Week, I'll be teaching you How To Have A Dog. This is a very important lesson. Nobody can possibly have a dog without knowing these special tips on dog ownership. In fact, if you have had your dog for too More  →
How To Have A Dog

Auntie SparkNotes: Driven to Distraction

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 22, 2011
My Dear Auntie, I got my first car about 4 months ago, a little after I turned 17. And so far, this car has been AWESOME! I can now drive wherever and whenever I want without having to use my mother's minivan! Another thing that's great... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Driven to Distraction

Ask a Teacher: What Do You Like About Your Job?

By Miss MahoneySeptember 22, 2011
Q: What's your favorite thing about being a teacher? A: In a word, “summer.” And five years ago, I would have answered the very same question with another one-word answer: “nothing.” Those are the easy stock answers. And sometimes, they’re the true answer. And,... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What Do You Like About Your Job?

Every Day Is Bacon Day at SparkLife Academy!

By ContributorSeptember 22, 2011
Finally, we have an excuse to wear that bacon-dress we've been hiding in our closet. Thanks WeDidntStartTheFire! —Sparkitors SparkLife Academy celebrates many holidays. From birthdays, to birthweeks, to Christmas, to Kwanza, to Left Handed Day, to non-religious holidays, all the way up to the... More  →
Every Day Is Bacon Day at SparkLife Academy!

Let It Snow: John Green Wrote a Holiday Romance?

Lonks introduces us to another John Green collaboration—but will it be as good as Will Grayson, Will Grayson?—Sparkitors Book #57: Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances Authors: Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle Reason for Reading: Do you see... More  →
Let It Snow: John Green Wrote a Holiday Romance?

Confessions of a Former Bully

kleptotophat, thank you for writing this brave, fascinating article. –Sparkitors Hey there, Sparklers and Manklers. Many of you have been through the turmoil and heartache that can only be caused by being the victim of bullying. As for me, I'm on the other side... More  →
Confessions of a Former Bully

Elodie Has College On Lockdown (Except for the Showers, and the Sinus Infection.)

By ElodieSeptember 22, 2011
I have this theory that you can get used to anything. For instance, there was a brief period in my childhood where my dog had to wear diapers. I kid you not. You can imagine the hilarity—the potential for jokes was virtually limitless. Before long,... More  →
Elodie Has College On Lockdown (Except for the Showers, and the Sinus Infection.)

Terrible Jobs: How to Find Them and How to Lose Them

By Melissa AlbertSeptember 22, 2011
In honor of SparkLife Academy week, our Sploggers are sharing their skills with you, the lucky, ignorant masses. In this post, Melissa tells you how to worm your way out of menial labor (without committing arson)! With a little dedication and a lot of bad... More  →
Terrible Jobs: How to Find Them and How to Lose Them

Knitting With Dan

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 21, 2011
When asked what topic I would like to teach at the famed SparkLife Academy, the answer was easy: Knitting. I've already taught you how to become hotshot writers, and knitting is my only other area of expertise. In this lesson, I will teach... More  →
Knitting With Dan