Skip over navigation

Why You Should Put Off Discussing Your Relationship

By Eric GarneauApril 26, 2012
It's a trap that's incredibly easy to fall into for members of both genders. As soon as you think you start to like someone—like really like them—your instincts might tell you to talk about it with them. And that doesn't just mean that you make... More  →
Why You Should Put Off Discussing Your Relationship

Happy Belated B-Day, Shakespeare-Let's Party Like it's 1564!

By Melissa AlbertApril 26, 2012
So you've already painted lead across your cheekbones to imitate the pallor of a week-old corpse, mucked out the privies, and spent an hour in the stocks just chilling. Did you think those were the only ways Shakespeare and his pals... More  →
Happy Belated B-Day, Shakespeare-Let's Party Like it's 1564!

Adventures in Volleyball

By ContributorApril 26, 2012
Disaster, Sparklers. Disaster. I knew I wasn’t exactly coordinated, but I thought I could at least hit a volleyball over a net without injuring myself or others. Evidently not. As with so many instances of poor judgment in my life, I was influenced partly by a... More  →
Adventures in Volleyball

19 Things I Learned in My First Year of College

By ElodieApril 26, 2012
Well, Sparklers, it’s been a wild ride, but the time has come—it’s the end of my freshman year of college. People are hurriedly eating what’s left of their dorm food and dragging futons out to their parents’ double-parked cars. Remember when I started... More  →
19 Things I Learned in My First Year of College

10 Miniature Golf Courses We'd Love to Play

By SparkLifeApril 26, 2012
The Royal Ryan Gosling: Tee off from Ryan's bare chest for a par 2, then save a female journalist from a taxi as you tackle the dogleg. Putt the final hole in the rain, crying. Conspiracy Theory Cove: Stare down a par 3 through concentric... More  →
10 Miniature Golf Courses We'd Love to Play

Why Wearing Glasses Is Awesome

By Nuala McKennaApril 25, 2012
Black frame glasses. They’re the universal geek symbol, and they’re more popular than ever. From your older brother, to the kid who sits next to you in Biology and even celebrities like Anne Hathaway; everyone seems to be sporting the iconic geek frames. If you’re... More  →
Why Wearing Glasses Is Awesome

How To Conquer Your Itch-tastic Allergies

By Brandon SpecktorApril 25, 2012
The Stoplight... The Scarlet Blinkernel… Colonel Fire Iris... Charles… Oh, excuse me. I was just workshopping a few supervillain names for my bloodshot left eyeball. "But, why ever is your left eyeball bloodshot?" I ask aloud in my best ventriloquist voice. That's a thoughtful question, thank you for caring. It... More  →
How To Conquer Your Itch-tastic Allergies

Hayden Panettiere Talks Prom, Harry Potter, and Her Geekiest Habit!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 25, 2012
Our incredible pals at DoSomething.org never cease to amaze us; first they took on bullies with the  kick-ass Bully Project, and now they're bringing prom to the masses with Prom for All, an amazing campaign that lets YOU donate... More  →
Hayden Panettiere Talks Prom, Harry Potter, and Her Geekiest Habit!

Let Me Give You Bad Advice: Become a Cyborg

By reidfaylorApril 25, 2012
Hello, Reiders! A lot of you guys had some very pressing concerns—I’m glad you turned to me for advice. If I didn’t answer your question specifically (there were so many!), I’ve gone ahead and answered all the other questions with the same all-purpose piece of... More  →
Let Me Give You Bad Advice: Become a Cyborg

How to Speak Australian Slang

By Janet ManleyApril 25, 2012
Sometimes, as a native Australian, people don't understand me when I'm talking to them in the bonza ol'  U.S. of A. And it is true that occasionally I try to get in the driver's seat when a taxi pulls over to pick me up. And... More  →
How to Speak Australian Slang