Skip over navigation
Menu

Let's Help this Sparkler's Cookie Essay Taste a Little Sweeter

By Brandon SpecktorOctober 12, 2012
Sparkler confuzzledmuggle wrote this essay for the common college application, and elected the "choose your own topic" topic. This itself is a brave move that tells reviewers right away "my splendid yet disciplined imagination NEED NOT BE CONTAINED by your draconian attempts to... More  →
Let's Help this Sparkler's Cookie Essay Taste a Little Sweeter

Dating With Science: A Lack of Women Makes Guys Spend More Money

By Jon_SkindzierOctober 12, 2012
Science Fact: Guys are more likely to make impulsive spending decisions if they believe that available women are scarce. Explanation: If you're a guy, and one without a ton of money, you've probably been in a situation where you spent some of it... More  →
Dating With Science: A Lack of Women Makes Guys Spend More Money

The Greatest Collection of Gamer-Inspired Jewelry Ever!

By ChauntonOctober 12, 2012
All hard-core gamers like to carry their gamer identity with them in when they're not mashing buttons in front of the screen. Here is a collection of bad-ass Etsy accessories that will let you rep your favorite games wherever you go. More  →
The Greatest Collection of Gamer-Inspired Jewelry Ever!

Is Here Comes the Boom Worth Watching?

By Josh SorokachOctober 12, 2012
I cannot begin this review without addressing the elephant in the movie theater. The fact that Here Comes the Boom is not titled Here Comes the Boom! is quite possibly the greatest cinematic error in the storied history of the human race. If I saw... More  →
Is Here Comes the Boom Worth Watching?

Why Does Everybody Like The Catcher in the Rye?

By Mr. JonesOctober 12, 2012
A high school English teacher tackles your questions. Q: Why does everybody love The Catcher in the Rye soooo much? I just read it and it was awful. Holden was whiny and annoying, not to mention pretentious. So why do all my classmates think he's... More  →
Why Does Everybody Like The Catcher in the Rye?

Help a N00b: Should He Become a Brony?

By ChauntonOctober 12, 2012
Let me start off by saying I’m prime brony material. I’m male, way too old to be watching kids’ shows, and I don’t have any children of my own (or even nieces and nephews to hang out with). That said, I've got absolutely... More  →
Help a N00b: Should He Become a Brony?

A Series of Bad Things Happening to Ron Weasley

By reidfaylorOctober 12, 2012
In the Harry Potter books it seems like an awful lot of terrible things happen to Ron Weasley with surprising frequency. We miss that. More  →
A Series of Bad Things Happening to Ron Weasley

Welcome to SparkLife 2.0: You Can Now PUBLISH Your Own Sparkler Posts!

By Emily WinterOctober 11, 2012
SURPRISE!!!!! We've been reading and listening to hopes, dreams, desires, and concerns from Sparklers around the world, and as a result, we've created A PLACE TO WRITE... More  →
Welcome to SparkLife 2.0: You Can Now PUBLISH Your Own Sparkler Posts!

My Super Sweet 65 (Pagford Edition)

By Brandon SpecktorOctober 11, 2012
We're reading The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling. This is our 10th installment of the book club. Join our discussion in the comments! Today's top story in news everyone already expected: Mollison wins! Miles Mollison wins! By a landslide! I'm moving to Canada! Or... More  →
My Super Sweet 65 (Pagford Edition)

We Dissect Kathryn's College Essay!

By Lex LuthorOctober 11, 2012
Kathryn is the latest brave soul to allow a complete stranger to review her college essay publicly. Can we give her a warm round of applause for that alone? I can only write in dark corners of libraries and coffee shops with my... More  →
We Dissect Kathryn's College Essay!