Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: Feeling the Love

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 3, 2011
Dear Auntie, I have been dating my boyfriend for about 4 months or so. I really have fallen for him. In a serious manner. He feels the same, and we both know where the other person stands in our relationship because we have great communication and... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Feeling the Love

Shivani Makes Quiche Lorraine (with BACON!)

By ShivaniOctober 3, 2011
When I was in high school, visiting seniors would prattle on and on about how much free time they had in college. They waxed poetic about lazy afternoons spent in the libraries, leisurely flipping through books, and casual mid-mornings spent lolling on the green, flirting... More  →
Shivani Makes Quiche Lorraine (with BACON!)

Your MOM Needs a New One-Liner!

By Kathryn_WilliamsOctober 3, 2011
There is something about the one-liner "your mom" (emphasis on the "mom"), that has cemented it in our popular lexicon as transcendently funny. Its longevity is astounding, its versatility remarkable, its value inestimable. Behold its many applications: Moron: "You have a booger hanging out of... More  →
Your MOM Needs a New One-Liner!

Are Frat Guys Jerkwads?

By ContributorOctober 3, 2011
If Faye ever goes to a frat party again, we hope she brings a gallon of Purell. —Sparkitors Imagine a medium sized empty room. There’s black paper covering the windows and several ceiling tiles are missing. Now imagine that the room is 100 degrees, packed... More  →
Are Frat Guys Jerkwads?

Sadly, I'm a Hipster

pepper2yale just found out that she's a true, blue hipster. SAY IT AIN'T SO!—Sparkitors Yesterday, I stepped back, did my weekly life evaluation, and came to a frightening realization: I am a hipster.... More  →
Sadly, I'm a Hipster

How to Survive When You're Slammed with Homework

Sometimes in life, professors can be completely and totally inconsiderate of your feelings. I know, shocker, right? But it's true. They simply don't always care when you have to take time off of homework for the Community season premiere, or when you're going through a... More  →
How to Survive When You're Slammed with Homework

Gettin' Your Flirt On at Work: A Mankler's Guide

TanTan tells you how to win over the cutie at work—no butt-slapping required. (In fact, butt-slapping is highly discouraged. OBVIOUSLY.)—Sparkitors If you’re like my coworkers, then you probably have an incredibly handsome fellow employee who you really want to impress.... More  →
Gettin' Your Flirt On at Work: A Mankler's Guide

Open Thread for October 3

By SparkLifeOctober 3, 2011
Last week, Auntie SparkNotes declared that there is no wrong way to dance. Clearly, she has never seen me move. This, butts, is a photo of what I, the sweat-mongering Sparkitor of your dreams, look like when I boogie down. Next to me is my... More  →
Open Thread for October 3

7 Reasons Why Smalls Schools Are Fabulous

By ContributorSeptember 30, 2011
We're pretty sure Athenade36 has one sarcasm hand raised, and one firmly planted on a chicken sandwich. —Sparkitors I'm a senior in a small school, which makes me a... More  →
7 Reasons Why Smalls Schools Are Fabulous

Ask a Teacher: Do You Like Suck Ups?

By Ms. DameSeptember 30, 2011
Q: Do you like the kids who suck up, or do you want to punch them in the throat? A: I never feel like exacting physical violence on students for being nice to me! I love it when students are kind, respectful, and overly polite, even... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do You Like Suck Ups?