Skip over navigation

Identifying the ACTUAL Teenage Girl

By ContributorJuly 18, 2011
TaylorKinsley takes on monicarima's tongue-in-cheek post with this hilarious rebuttal!—Sparkitors There's been a bit of controversy lately over what defines a typical teenage girl. Being a teenage girl,... More  →
Identifying the ACTUAL Teenage Girl

The DOs and DON'Ts of College Orientation Icebreakers

By ContributorJuly 18, 2011
dac213's tips are SO funny and SO true. Print them out! Tattoo them on your face! Wait, no! —Sparkitors Icebreakers of any kind are often awkward and ineffective. But the ones they make you go through at college orientation are different because you’re going... More  →
The DOs and DON'Ts of College Orientation Icebreakers

Going to the Zoo? Play ZooPoints!

By Lucy HutchinsonJuly 18, 2011
Have you been to the zoo? It's good, isn't it? Animals and whatnot. But you know what makes it better? Games! Inspired by this post from back in the mists of time, we've come up with the ultimate game to play at the... More  →
Going to the Zoo? Play ZooPoints!

Open Thread for July 18

By SparkLifeJuly 18, 2011
travelwriter21 gives us a lesson in horticulture AND in manning up: This is a picture of a cactus. It lives in the desert of the southwest United States. Despite this hardship, it has still mnaged to develope  some spiky yellow flowers. Personally, I feel... More  →
Open Thread for July 18

How to Win Friends and Be Awesome in College

By ContributorJuly 15, 2011
Faye's blogging the college guide THE NAKED ROOMMATE. This week's topic: making new friends. Dun dun dunnnn! —Sparkitors Chapter 4 of The Naked Roommate is Harv’s How-To section on finding friends in college. According to Harv, these helpful DO’s and DON’Ts will keep you... More  →
How to Win Friends and Be Awesome in College

Help This Sparkler Make the Move to America!

radical__rebecca is moving from Puerto Rico to the states, and she needs your advice on fitting in. All we can say is sorry, dude, but none of us can explain Silly Bandz. They are one of our country's greatest mysteries.—Sparkitors My fellow Americans: How’s life? No,... More  →
Help This Sparkler Make the Move to America!

Identifying the Typical Teenage Girl

monicarima has widened her sights beyond bad Facebook behavior, and she's showing no mercy. –Sparkitors Many of you saw my previous post, on identifying your typical female Facebooker. But I don't want you to think that teenage and preteen ladies don't share... More  →
Identifying the Typical Teenage Girl

Imaginary Friends-Not Just for Kids.

abbyblue11 is a GENIUS. This scheme is going to change our LIVES.—Sparkitors Two years ago, I was dumped by my boyfriend who "really liked me as a person, just not in a romantic way." Needless to say, my self... More  →
Imaginary Friends-Not Just for Kids.

You Know You're From San Antonio When...

Hey now, Dance.Girl.Sparkle, we only think 94 degrees is the end of the world because IT IS. —Sparkitors You know you’re from San Antonio when... a part of your soul dies when you're on vacation in New York and people ask you if you ride a horse... More  →
You Know You're From San Antonio When...

If Not America, Then Where...?

By ContributorJuly 14, 2011
Laura, aka rosefan42, is a British Sparkler applying to Yale. Do you think her scores will get her in? —Sparkitors I got my SAT Subject Test results back. Finally. You ready? German = 800 Literature = 760 Maths I = 710 *does happy dance* Words can’t describe... More  →
If Not America, Then Where...?