Skip over navigation

Viva La Script: Why Dan Bergstein Is Wrong About Cursive

By ContributorAugust 11, 2011
macandcheese53 does the unthinkable and goes up against Bergstein in defense of old-lady writing. The apocalypse is imminent. I’m challenging Dan Bergstein. There, I said it. I’m putting my membership in House Bergstein on the line (please forgive me,... More  →
Viva La Script: Why Dan Bergstein Is Wrong About Cursive

The Ten Best Desk Toys

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 11, 2011
It’s Back to School time! (And for some, it’s Already In School time.) You’re going to fill up on all sorts of great new school supplies such as pens, protractors, and paper. But don’t forget the ooze tube! You will need an ooze... More  →
The Ten Best Desk Toys

The Alphabetical Guide to Surviving High School

LadyM offers some wise (and kind of terrifying) advice to incoming freshmen.—Sparkitors With 8th graders preparing for graduation, they’re bound to be thinking about their glamorized start in high school. They expect to enter the storybook world of teen queens and fabulous parties.... More  →
The Alphabetical Guide to Surviving High School

BrokeNCYDE: Avoid This Band at All Costs

reicherroo is like a cursed superhero: she carries the burden of listening to the worst music in existence, in order to save unsuspecting Sparklers from ever having to hear it. THANK YOU, REICHERROO.—Sparkitors I do a lot for you... More  →
BrokeNCYDE: Avoid This Band at All Costs

If You Won't Date Me, I Won't Be Your Friend

After a brief hiatus, Talie Queen of Drama is BACK to fill you in on her latest gossip. —Sparkitors Hi. My name is Talie and, well, I used to be on this boy diet thing and then summer came so I decided to end... More  →
If You Won't Date Me, I Won't Be Your Friend

Elodie Gets Into a Fender Bender with a Cop

By ElodieAugust 11, 2011
One of our favorite Sparklers just became a SparkLife freelancer, which means she'll be writing even MORE hilarious posts than ever. JACKPOT.—Sparkitors My mom gave me her car when I was seventeen, and I was thrilled. It was a beautiful testament to Volvos everywhere. It was... More  →
Elodie Gets Into a Fender Bender with a Cop

A Brit's Perspective on the Riots in England

By ContributorAugust 10, 2011
Thanks for writing this post, Jazzy. We can't imagine what life in London's like right now, either. —Sparkitors I'd like to bring up a very pressing and important issue that is damaging and distressing thousands of people at this very moment—the London riots. Even... More  →
A Brit's Perspective on the Riots in England

Ask Kat: Handling Pushy People

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 10, 2011
Hi Kat, This summer, I've been taking a writing workshop class while on summer break from college. It's a lot of fun and the people are great, but there's a girl in the class who's ...let's just say needy and desperate. She's a well-meaning, sweet... More  →
Ask Kat: Handling Pushy People

Identifying the Typical Teenage COUNTRY Girl

HarperOO is not a big fan of the Typical Teenage Country Girl. —Sparkitors

I live in the South, and there are a lot of TTCGs in my school. I appreciate that they (god knows why) like “the country girl look,”

... More  →
Identifying the Typical Teenage COUNTRY Girl

Kicking Up a Right Fuss at London Pride 2011

BroccoliBiatch, aka Lilith, is BACK to discuss attending the recent Pride Parade in London!  —Sparkitors Guys brace yourself: I’m still gay. Just getting that out of the way so that... More  →
Kicking Up a Right Fuss at London Pride 2011