Skip over navigation

You Know You're From Palmer, Alaska When...

By ContributorJuly 8, 2011
PurplePenInkOfTheForgottenW will definitely be ready for the snow apocalypse—because she's already survived it, like, 8 times.—Sparkitors I just had to write one of these “You know you're from...” because I live in Palmer, a small town in Alaska that you’ve never... More  →
You Know You're From Palmer, Alaska When...

Legally Brunette

By ContributorJuly 7, 2011
undercoverolive is following her dreams—all the way to a top college!—Sparkitors If you're a female with a pulse, you've probably seen one of my all-time favorite movies, Legally Blonde. If you haven't, go watch it now. The... More  →
Legally Brunette

How to Host A Killer Deathly Hallows Party

Squelette is going to make sure that Harry Potter goes out in style!—Sparkitors If you’re anything like me, you’re feeling a mixture of mind-numbing excitement mixed with a bit of melancholy at the prospect of the release... More  →
How to Host A Killer Deathly Hallows Party

Ask Jono: Picking a Guy Who Is Not a Disaster

By Jon_SkindzierJuly 7, 2011
Sup Jono! Sup. So I'll just give you the rundown of my problem! Basically, I really liked this guy this year, and he was into me but it didn't end up working out because he tried to make me jealous or something by hooking up... More  →
Ask Jono: Picking a Guy Who Is Not a Disaster

16 Tips for Writing a Great Fantasy Novel

dac213 has all the tips you need to write the next YA bestseller!—Sparkitors I haven't written a fantasy action novel (yet), but I have read my share of good and bad fantasy novels,... More  →
16 Tips for Writing a Great Fantasy Novel

How to Get Over Writer's Block

alexsarcastic221, we ate three bagel dogs and sang the Friends theme song in Portuguese before writing this intro. Every writer's got their thing. –Sparkitors Now that I have positioned myself comfortably in my thinking chair and mentally recited a few of my funniest knock-knock... More  →
How to Get Over Writer's Block

Spot the Grammar Problem

By Miss MarmJuly 7, 2011
I like finding grammatical errors, because I'm a jerk. I especially like finding them in articles about princesses and Kate Moss's sparkly wedding gown! After the jump, check out the opening sentences from this NYMag post, and see if you can spot the problem: In the... More  →
Spot the Grammar Problem

How To Entertain Small Children Using Deception and Foot-races

Flyergirl13 is much better at hanging out with little kids than we are; we usually just give them 23 Red Bulls and lock them in the bathroom. And yes, there are several pending lawsuits.—Sparkitors I spent a week in The Middle Of Nowhere,... More  →
How To Entertain Small Children Using Deception and Foot-races

Stupid Questions About Lord of the Rings-Answered!

Chloechum is an expert on all things elvish and Tolkien-y—but does she have the answer's to Dan's burning questions?—Sparkitors After reading Mr. Bergstein’s questions about the Lord of the Rings, as a dedicated Ringer I felt compelled to explain. I’m sure... More  →
Stupid Questions About Lord of the Rings-Answered!

How to Pack for College (and the Real World)

By Jon_SkindzierJuly 6, 2011
Whether you're moving away for good or just heading off to college, packing your whole life into a handful of boxes is a frustrating chore, in part because you will almost certainly fail at it. You'll get to wherever you're going and... More  →
How to Pack for College (and the Real World)