Skip over navigation

Why the Disney Fairies Almost Make Up For the Disney Princesses

By ContributorNovember 3, 2011
All_is_Mal recently wrote a hotly debated post about Disney princesses; will she continue the controversy with this article?—Sparkitors Now, I know what you’re thinking: "All_is_Mal, you hate princesses, but you like this TinkerBell?? The jealous,... More  →
Why the Disney Fairies Almost Make Up For the Disney Princesses

You Guys Are the Best Looking Monsters in the World (AKA Sparkler Halloween Costumes)

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 3, 2011
We have to say, we weren't surprised by the Harry Potter costume trend. But we were impressed with how legit xStrawberryxAvalanchex's costume was! More  →
The Sparkler Halloween Costume Slideshow: You Guys Are the Best Looking Monsters EVER

Uberman: The Sleep of Champions

TheaterAddict is an innovator in the art of catchin' Zs—but will you be brave enough to try this method?—Sparkitors Do you have a crazy schedule? Are you constantly tired because you just can't fit in 7 hours of sleep a... More  →
Uberman: The Sleep of Champions

Help This Sparkler Edit Her Essay!

elephantandcastle wrote this practice college entrance essay and would love your input. What do you think? —Sparkitors Lightning slashes the distant sky, rain falls gently on crop fields, cattle bray and snort at the footfalls of thunder. I’m sitting in... More  →
Help This Sparkler Edit Her Essay!

Dropping a Class: My Scarlet W

Just like Hester Prynne and her Scarlet A, my transcript now bears its own mark of shame—a big, black, permanent, W, which stands for “Withdrawl.” OK, so it’s really not as bad as it sounds, and it’s definitely not a huge deal in the long run.... More  →
Dropping a Class: My Scarlet W

How To Write a Great Party Invitation

By Lucy HutchinsonNovember 3, 2011
So you're planning a party. It's gonna be a good one. Your parents have agreed to stay upstairs all night, and everyone you've told so far has said "Yeah, cool."  You'll have a slick outfit, great music, and three different kinds of chips. All that’s... More  →
How To Write a Great Party Invitation

My First Kiss Was STOLEN!

Mollyisa* tells a hilarious tale of kisses lost and gained. But mostly lost. And some dignity went down the drain as well.—Sparkitors Dear Sparklers, Thank you for your never-ending wit about, and persevering acknowledgement of, one major topic: LOVE. This... More  →
My First Kiss Was STOLEN!

My Life as a Pastor's Kid

ThatTheaterGal's here to fill you in on the intricacies of being a small-town celebrity...that is, a pastor's kid. —Sparkitors ATTENTION ALL: before you run screaming for the hills, before you judge me, before you skip to the next... More  →
My Life as a Pastor's Kid

In Defense of Camping

grace_return7 not only likes camping, but she does it often. With boys. We think the boys bit is a point in her favor. —Sparkitors I read greenbubbly12's post about why camping is horrible and, having just returned from a camping... More  →
In Defense of Camping

Auntie SparkNotes: Remote Controller

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 2, 2011
Dear Auntie SparkNotes: I have this incredible friend, she's the greatest - we've known each other since the day she was born - and we've always told each other everything. Until now. A year ago, she started dating this guy. Let's call him HIM. She's been dating HIM... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Remote Controller