Skip over navigation

Ask a Teacher: Do Teachers Ever Crush on Students?

By Mr. JonesAugust 29, 2011
Q: Do teachers ever crush on students? A: Yes. And it’s always disgusting. Even if there's not a Grand Canyon-type age difference between the teacher and the student, a teacher crush is very creepy. I don’t have personal experience with this. I’ve never found myself infatuated with a... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do Teachers Ever Crush on Students?

How to Raise an Army of Household Objects (Trust Us, This Will Come in Handy)

By ContributorAugust 29, 2011
Flyergirl13 gives you a use for all those bottlecaps you've collected over the years. For more of her insanely awesome writing, check out her blog right here!—Sparkitors Some of you may look at the title of this post and think "Cool!  I've... More  →
How to Raise an Army of Household Objects (Trust Us, This Will Come in Handy)

How to Ensure That Your Profile Pic is Stalk-Worthy

By Megan PrietzelAugust 29, 2011
Your profile picture is the first thing that any random stranger stalker on the internet sees when he types in “Penelope Custard,” so it had better be good. And GOOD IT CAN BE.  In order to determine where your current profile picture stands on the... More  →
How to Ensure That Your Profile Pic is Stalk-Worthy

Holding On: Chapter 14

In the last chapter of willwriteforhearts' fiction masterpiece, Alice and her friends stumble upon her mother's mysterious new boyfriend in a dark alley, and Nick debates whether or not to tell his crush Sam the truth about his paralysis.—Sparkitors Annie looks like a... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 14

Is Intelligent Dance Music The Next Big Thing? We Really Hope Not.

reicherroo has unwittingly stumbled upon the music of choice of every single person that lives in our hipster Brooklyn neighborhood. We're glad that someone finally feels our pain.—Sparkitors Hi guys! After foraging in the Alaskan wilderness for a couple of weeks, I’m back... More  →
Is Intelligent Dance Music The Next Big Thing? We Really Hope Not.

Open Thread for August 29

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 29, 2011
hermionerules5 sent us  this gloriously outdoorsy pic along with the following caption: This is a picture of a canyon I recently visited in Utah. Try to see if you can spot any hoodoos!! :) We're not sure what "hoodoos" are, but we're assuming they're basically... More  →
Open Thread for August 29

Auntie SparkNotes: We All Have Our Voices

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 26, 2011
Dear Auntie, I have a strange problem. There are many times when I really can’t stand the sound of my mom’s voice. As in, it bugs me so much I have to hide in my room and blare out music from my iPod. This has only been... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: We All Have Our Voices

So You Want To Be An Actress...

By ContributorAugust 26, 2011
TheaterAddict is a professional actress (yes, really!), and she's got tons of tips for anyone thinking of pursing a movie/theater career!—Sparkitors So you wanna be an actor—and you want all of the fame, glory, money, and jazz that comes along with an... More  →
So You Want To Be An Actress...

My Crush Is Way Outta My League

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 26, 2011
Forget Zac Efron and Taylor Lautner; HappyMadPuzzler is drooling over the dreamboats of The Justice League. There's just something about dudes in spandex...—Sparkitors In case you didn't know, the Justice League are the defenders of the universe—and they also happen to be hotter... More  →
My Crush Is Way Outta My League

Hilarious British TV Shows You Should Be Watching, But (Sadly) Aren't (Yet)

By ContributorAugust 26, 2011
{Insert_Witty_Username_Here} has the lowdown all the Brit sitcoms you will shortly be addicted to.—Sparkitors Sparklers, my mother likes Netflix. I mean she really, REALLY likes Netflix (even with the price hike!), so it is not uncommon for her to pop into my room... More  →
Hilarious British TV Shows You Should Be Watching, But (Sadly) Aren't (Yet)