Search Menu
Menu

Typical Dorm Disasters (and How to Avoid Them)

By ElodieJanuary 24, 2013
If you stick a bunch of 18- to 21-year-olds in a confined space with limited supervision and lots of electrical outlets, something's bound to go wrong eventually. Say there are 700 people living in your residence hall. Odds are that at any given time, somebody's... More  →
Typical Dorm Disasters (and How to Avoid Them)

What Really Happens In the Women's Locker Room (Presumably)

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 24, 2013
The women’s locker room is a land of legends. Guys are never allowed to know what occurs in that room of secrets, and if a girl ever reveals the truth, she will be sent to prison and her family will be given a new, better... More  →
What Really Happens In the Women's Locker Room (Presumably)

The Top 5 Worst Reasons to Choose a College

By Laura EtheredgeJanuary 24, 2013
Choosing which college to attend is a probably one of the most important decisions you'll ever make; basically, your entire life's happiness depends upon you making the right choice. (No pressure.) But we’re not going to let you carry this enormous burden alone, Sparklers. We... More  →
The Top 5 Worst Reasons to Choose a College

The 19 Worst Yearbook Superlatives to Win

By Valerie BurnJanuary 24, 2013
Winning a yearbook/senior superlative can be pretty cool. You are recognized for being the most something in your class, or maybe even your whole school! Many of these superlatives are great—who wouldn't want to be crowned "Best Smile"? Even when the superlative is ever-so-slightly-snarky (does... More  →
The 19 Worst Yearbook Superlatives to Win

20 Things Not to Say on a Date

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 24, 2013
Dating is hard, what with the necessity of making conversation while trying not to choke on your own spit. While we can’t tell you what you should say on a date (possessing and distributing such knowledge is highly illegal), we can give you some pointers... More  →
20 Things Not to Say on a Date

The Spectacular Sparkitor Desk Slideshow

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 23, 2013
It's real. It's raw. It's edgy, and, dare I say it, dangerous. At times, it borders on extremely dull, and the photographic quality is mediocre at best. What is it? It's A SLIDESHOW OF WHAT'S ON OUR DESKS AT SPARKLIFE. Click through to check out the workspaces of all your f More  →
The Spectacular Sparkitor Desk Slideshow

The Problem With Everything

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 23, 2013
Do you get the feeling that everything is wrong in the world? But finding the specific problem (or problems) can be difficult. Where do you start? We know the world needs fixing, but what, exactly, are the issues. We rounded up the problem with everything. 1.... More  →
The Problem With Everything

4 Things That Seemed Cool in Middle School

By Ricki HurtadoJanuary 23, 2013
Remember those middle school days when we wanted to be rebellious, try new "grownup" things, and make a statement? Yeah, me neither. I'm as tame as a baby panda, but like everyone else, I had the urge to rebel during this "early-life crisis."... More  →
4 Things That Seemed Cool in Middle School

7 More Totally Serious Tips for Teens

By cazpeeJanuary 23, 2013

7 more mostly unhelpful tips! HORRAY!

1.       How to fail an exam… in style.

Fortunately I have never actually failed an exam (you may now applaud) however that doesn’t mean I haven’t got a few ideas about how to fail… in style.

(Disclaimer – this tip will

... More  →

20 Great Things About Being 11

By Bailey_SwilleyJanuary 23, 2013
You may think being 11 years old was a dull, boring, childish time, but we're about to change your mind... 1. The Harry Potter series starts when Harry, Hermione, and Ron are 11 years old. Basically, that means 11 is the year you start learning magic... More  →
20 Great Things About Being 11