Menu

Check Out Old Sparkler and Sparkitor Halloween Costumes!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiOctober 17, 2012
Not sure what to dress up as for Halloween? Neither were we! And that's why we asked for photos of your old costumes—now click through this slideshow and get inspired! More  →
Check Out Old Sparkler and Sparkitor Halloween Costumes!

Things Geniuses Would Never Say

By Josh PeriloOctober 17, 2012
Geniuses. They say the darndest things! Always waxing philosophical and being all smart and stuff. Haven't you ever wished that they'd say something inconsequential and stupid just to make you feel better about yourself? Well, we're here to make that happen. Below are a list... More  →
Things Geniuses Would Never Say

5 Villains with Dumb Deaths

By Scott GreenstoneOctober 17, 2012
Most villains take a whole freaking lot to kill. A sacrifice, a twist, an all-consuming plot or a bad guy suddenly turning good are usually good weapons to kill a badguy with. But these guys? These guys are the ones that make you shout "Oh... More  →
5 Villains with Dumb Deaths

What Your Book Bag Says About You

By Danielle KraeseOctober 16, 2012
Are you familiar with the saying: “The schoolbag is the window to the soul?” No? That’s probably because we just made it up. But that doesn’t mean that there isn’t truth to it. As a matter of fact, there’s a lot you can tell about... More  →
What Your Book Bag Says About You

Auntie SparkNotes: I Kissed an Unavailable Guy and I'm Not Sorry

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 16, 2012
Dear Auntie, Recently, I found myself in a complicated situation that would take far too long to explain, so I will give you the main point. I became "the other woman" in a relationship. This boy, let's call him Connor, has been a friend of... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I Kissed an Unavailable Guy and I'm Not Sorry

19 Things Scarier Than Clowns

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 16, 2012
A picture or video of a clown, any clown, usually is greeted with at least one person screaming, “Scary!” or “Creepy!” or “Die!” Of all the circus/birthday party characters, clowns have the very worst reputation. And this needs to change! Clowns are not scary. Sure, there... More  →
19 Things Scarier Than Clowns

Steampunk Style With Jenny the Intern

By Jennifer GrudzieckiOctober 16, 2012
Unlike SOME people around here, I LOVE Steampunk. I think it's beautiful and fun and intricate and awesome...but I never knew where to start. How does someone become Steampunk? Well, last weekend at Comic Con I found out...and got a Steampunk makeover! I started out by ta More  →
Steampunk Style With Jenny the Intern

QUIZ: What Greek God Are You?

By Becky FerreiraOctober 16, 2012
Among the many things the ancient Greeks were awesome at was storytelling. They made up myths about gods so irrational and self-indulgent that it's a wonder they kept the world running at all. From wine-guzzling hedonists to fleet-footed tricksters to sun-riding kings, the Greek pantheon... More  →
QUIZ: What Greek God Are You?

My Not-So-Secret Crush

By Lauren PassellOctober 16, 2012
I have a "secret" crush on Kal Penn. It is a secret only to him. I have told everyone on the planet. I have tried to tell him, but that has proven more difficult than expected. To illustrate this best, I present to you A... More  →
My Not-So-Secret Crush

How Could A Wrinkle in Time Be Any Better? Make It a Comic Book!

By Becky FerreiraOctober 16, 2012
Great news, Masterminds: the tesseract is officially back in style! What's a tesseract, you ask? Oh, just a cosmic cube with the power of the universe inside. And earlier this year, we watched The Avengers fight to keep this mysterious power source in safe hands.... More  →
How Could A Wrinkle in Time Be Any Better? Make It a Comic Book!