Skip over navigation

11 and a Half Reasons I Hate Being A Muggle

By ContributorDecember 21, 2011
LiveLongAndProsper really, really wants to be a wizard. Join the club, dude.—Sparkitors Sure, I really dislike bubble wrap and singing the alphabet backwards, but today, I’ve realized what bothers me most: my mugglehood. You see, I happen to love... More  →
11 and a Half Reasons I Hate Being A Muggle

Annoying Misused Words

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 21, 2011
Don't worry, this isn't one of those "Argh, you stupid kids!" complaints. You all get enough of that from grumpy old people who are mystified by your use of internet shorthand (and who further assume that you are constantly texting naked butts at each other).... More  →
Annoying Misused Words

You Can FLY! And You're a Wizard. (That's Just How We Roll at Writer Wars.)

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 20, 2011
Last week's prompt was a DOOZY, dudeskis, but you dweebs didn't disappoint. Despite having to deal with some heavy, heavy material (terminal cancer, wizardry, being adopted, inheriting mad cash, the power of flight), you turned out short stories that were better than ever;... More  →
You Can FLY! And You're a Wizard. (That's Just How We Roll at Writer Wars.)

Five Really Awesome and Really Indie Bands

By ContributorDecember 20, 2011
Metalhead865 introduces you to some killer new music!—Sparkitors In most of my posts, I cover bands that actually have a chance at being nationally known. But I've been listening to a ton of local bands lately, and I think... More  →
Five Really Awesome and Really Indie Bands

Should Faye Confess Her Crush?

Faye is SO CLOSE to being with the guy of her dreams. So what's the problem? Read on... —Sparkitors College Fact #11: Directions for Finals Week: Wake up. Bang head against hard surface. Sleep. Repeat. If you were wondering where... More  →
Should Faye Confess Her Crush?

How to Start Running: A Guide for N00bs

By Rachel KorowitzDecember 20, 2011
Maybe you saw the New York City Marathon, and you were like, "I will OWN you next year, The Bronx." Maybe you want to get in shape, and running seems doable. Maybe you're just sick of sucking at the mile during the suckitty... More  →
How to Start Running: A Guide for N00bs

Operation Christmas: Don't Get Caught!

By ElodieDecember 20, 2011
Catch up on Elodie's latest Christmas escapades right here!—Sparkitors Picture this: the Smith family discovers yet another gift on their porch, appearing seemingly from midair. They howl, both deeply impressed and incredibly frustrated. "How?" they scream. "How do they DO it? How do... More  →
Operation Christmas: Don't Get Caught!

How To Cheer Up After a Holiday Break-Up

haha<3 has some tips for avoiding the hurt during your Christmas season! — Sparkitors

Did you know that there was a study done that showed most relationships end right before Christmas? And most often on Mondays? Such is the cliché that... More  →
How To Cheer Up After a Holiday Break-Up

The Pros and Cons of Racial Ambiguity

Nicole_Lyn sheds some light on a sensitive subject!—Sparkitors I know what you’re thinking: “RACE IS A HOT BUTTON TOPIC! ABORT THE MISSION BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE! ABANDON SHIP!” But I’m here to say that it’s okay, dear Sparklers. There’s no... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Racial Ambiguity

Top 15 Symptoms of Procrastination

Web MD can't help you with this one, but heroesandthieves is on the case! –Sparkitors

1. Taking a break after every sentence you write. Congratulating yourself heartily on your hard work! 2. Searching your house for a piece of gum, because you've just... More  →
Top 15 Symptoms of Procrastination