Skip over navigation

How to Bust Your Friend Out of "Senior Citizen" Mode

By ContributorOctober 20, 2011
TanTantheLadiesMan tells you how to change  your cribbage-playing, cane-toting, grandpa-esque best friend into a certified party animal.—Sparkitors Guys, my twin brother was born with a soul that's already 60 years old. While all the rest of us “youngsters” are hanging out with our... More  →
How to Bust Your Friend Out of

Are We Fighting or Are We Flirting?

Faye is juggling a fake boyfriend and an almost boyfriend...what happens next? —Sparkitors Sparklers, I’m offended. No one asked me about my fake boyfriend in the last post, even after I said, “Ask me about my fake boyfriend!” Fine then, I guess you don’t want... More  →
Are We Fighting or Are We Flirting?

Ladylike Dresses of the '70s

By ApneetOctober 20, 2011
Last week we covered the '80s, and this week, I'm taking you back a decade with a little dose of '70s style. This era made some major fashion statements: ethnic prints/patterns, double-knit polyester, platform shoes, and the rise in popularity of the hot... More  →
Ladylike Dresses of the '70s

Around the World in Six More Songs

JazzPanda wrote her own post of awesome un-American songs...and they are REALLY awesome. —Sparkitors After reading gabbygaleglee's post about multicultural, supermegafoxyawesomehot, niche songs (all of which gave my ears many hours of joy), I thought I'd add my own... More  →
Around the World in Six More Songs

How to Survive a Revolution

psychic101 lived through the Egyptian Revolution and is here to share what she learned!—Sparkitors My dad's part of the US government, so I'm currently in Egypt. Probably everyone heard about the revolution in Egypt a while ago—you may have even... More  →
How to Survive a Revolution

Worst First Date Conversations

By Lauren PassellOctober 20, 2011
Something happens to people on a first date. Their hands sweat, unidentified food morsels manage to attract to the spaces between their teeth as if by magnetic force, and, in fear of awkward silences, they talk about things they would normally... More  →
Worst First Date Conversations

Something Creepy This Way Comes (Hint: IT'S NOT YOUR MOM. Zing!)

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 19, 2011
BUTTS, HALLOWEEN IS ALMOST UPON US. You know what else is almost upon us? Our inevitable deaths. But also, Creeper Week! Creeper Week starts on October 24, and yes, it is just as terrifying as it sounds. During Creeper... More  →
Something Creepy This Way Comes (Hint: IT'S NOT YOUR MOM. Zing!)

Dan Makes Haunted Eggs

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 19, 2011
Halloween was once a holiday about ghouls and monsters, but it’s become a month-long craft party. Every magazine and daytime talk show will teach you how to make cute pumpkin people and endearing ghost cakes. Screw that. I’m bringing the scary back to October by... More  →
Dan Makes Haunted Eggs

Family Force 5 Releases "III"

By ContributorOctober 19, 2011
Metalhead865 reviews his favorite band's new album—but will it live up to his expectations?—Sparkitors ARRIGHT PARTY PEOPLE. So, Family Force 5's new record, III, just came out. Seeing as FF5 is my favorite band, I pre-ordered the album as soon as I could.... More  →
Family Force 5 Releases

The Pros and Cons of Being Fresh Meat (aka Freshmen)

By ContributorOctober 19, 2011
Debbira just started high school, but she's pretty much got it all figured out already. Now, we bestow her wisdom unto you.—Sparkitors I'm a freshman. In high school. Yep, a 9th grader! I know most of you are farther... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Being Fresh Meat (aka Freshmen)