Skip over navigation

Help This Sparkler Edit Her Common App Essay!

By ContributorNovember 4, 2011
runxbabyxrun needs help editing her common app essay: her parents say the story doesn't resonate well. Are they right? —Sparkitors I’m almost used to it, now, the way my friends react when they come to my house for the first time. Whether commenting on... More  →
Help This Sparkler Edit Her Common App Essay!

If He Doesn't Ask You Out, He Just Isn't Into You (Another Heartwarming Message From Greg!)

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 4, 2011
First things first: does anyone have Gandalf’s cellphone number? I just texted Dumbledore asking if he’d be down for some mano-a-mano combat with Geezer the Gray, and he was like “OH, TOTES. It's ON.” So if we can get Big G to agree, we’ve got... More  →
If He Doesn't Ask You Out, He Just Isn't Into You (Another Heartwarming Message From Greg!)

The Freshman 15 Is a Big, Fat Myth

By EmmaNovember 4, 2011
Exciting news! According to science, there's no such thing as the freshman 15. On average, girls gain just 3 pounds during their first year of school, and guys gain 3.5 pounds—and scientists say that's probably because their bones n' stuff are still growing,... More  →
The Freshman 15 Is a Big, Fat Myth

You Know You're a Diver When...

monicarima straps on the spandex and risks belly flops on a regular basis. She has to convince you she's tough? –Sparkitors I’m a diver, and it always seems like diving as a sport doesn't get the credit it deserves. If you're one... More  →
You Know You're a Diver When...

This Book Could Get You Into College!

'olwhatshername tackles the impossible process of applying to college using this trusty book!—Sparkitors How do I write my application essay? How the heck am I going pay for tuition? How can you relate college admissions to Ben... More  →
This Book Could Get You Into College!

Holding On: Chapter 15

willwriteforhearts is finally back with the next installment of her awesome fiction project! In the last chapter, Nick and Alice are warned by the ghost of their father not to trust their mom's new boyfriend. But will they listen?—Sparkitors Eric’s mom is... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 15

How Do You Define Racism?

carlorossiriver is leading a crusade against misunderstandings of racism. Will you help define racism? —Sparkitors I used to think people who shouted “RACIST!” at stuff in black and white were witty and funny. Now… they're just annoying. Ever since awareness of racism has been... More  →
How Do You Define Racism?

You Know You're From Ireland When...

MyHair'sOnFire is here to clear up the leprechaun confusion. Thank goodness for that! —Sparkitors Contrary to popular belief, Irish people are not all red-haired leprechauns who live in thatched cottages made of potatoes. Some of us leprechauns have blonde hair! But if... More  →
You Know You're From Ireland When...

Ask Jono: Why Guys Suddenly Ignore You

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 3, 2011
Hi Jono, I once read that girls brains are like spaghetti, with all the thoughts mixing together at the same time, and that boy brains are like waffles, with boys only being able to focus on one square at a time. But I've... More  →
Ask Jono: Why Guys Suddenly Ignore You

Auntie SparkNotes: Speak Up

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 3, 2011
Dear Auntie SparkNotes, I was hoping you can help me. In my school we have a Model UN club, which is basically the United Nations for high school kids. Anyway, I am a really shy person who doesn't talk a lot and that is my problem.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Speak Up