Skip over navigation

You Know You're From Sri Lanka When...

By ContributorJuly 14, 2011
HappyMonkey16's homeland is so pretty, it's referred to as a "pearl." Thanks for filling us in on a place we didn't know much about, Sparkler! –Sparkitors There have been approximately 782,343,895 posts on the topic of "You Know You're From When...,”, but none of... More  →
You Know You're From Sri Lanka When...

Glee is Ruined Forever

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 14, 2011
BREAKING NEWS: Ryan Murphy, the co-creator of Glee, just announced that Lea Michele (Rachel Berry), Cory Monteith (Finn Hudson), and Chris Colfer (Kurt Hummel) will be "graduating" (aka LEAVING THE SHOW) at the end of the upcoming... More  →
Glee is Ruined Forever

How To Meet the Nerdy Love of Your Life (Hint: It Involves Harry Potter)

TanTan tells you how to win over the wizardly hottie in line next to you at the HP premiere.—Sparkitors In honor of the upcoming premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I’ve decided to write a touching and heartfelt article about science,... More  →
How To Meet the Nerdy Love of Your Life (Hint: It Involves Harry Potter)

The End is Nigh: A Tribute to Harry Potter

Amy, we couldn't have said it better ourselves. Thanks for everything, Harry!—Sparkitors For close to nine years, Harry Potter has been an integral part of my life. It has been the one constant through my roller coaster ride of an existence. It has... More  →
The End is Nigh: A Tribute to Harry Potter

The Return of Zefron: Blogging AVPM Part 9

PrestigiousTimeLady is back with another hilarious recap—and this time, there are bromance haikus.—Sparkitors Well narwhals, it’s been rad. I hope you understand the vast array of emotions and types of sweater vests I went through before deciding how to present a... More  →
The Return of Zefron: Blogging AVPM Part 9

You Know You're From Ithaca When...

Booty shorts, cold snaps, and universal peace: life in Ithaca sounds pretty good, SammyK. –Sparkitors I was shocked to see that no one had written a post about my beautiful hometown. This is an absolute abomination, I may have to go punch a duck,... More  →
You Know You're From Ithaca When...

Step One: Girl Meets Girl

By ContributorJuly 13, 2011
BroccoliBiatch talks about life as a lesbian. — Sparkitors Hi there. I’m Troy McClure. You may remember me from such short films as Help! My Wife Is a Robot, and Hey! What’s That Smell? Just kidding. It’s Lilith again. Or Broccoli,... More  →
Step One: Girl Meets Girl

Everwild

Lonks reviews another Shusterman novel—she just can't get enough of his paranormal thrillers!—Sparkitors Book #45: Everwild (The Skinjacker Trilogy, Book #2) Author: Neil Shusterman Reason for Reading: I really liked the other Shusterman novels I’ve read and the end... More  →
Everwild

You Know You're From Wisconsin When...

We have a feeling kimmie1323 laughs when non-Midwestern states complain about their snowfall... or any traffic jam that doesn't involve tractors. –Sparkitors Aahh... picture this: the sun peeking through your window, waking you up at the crack of dawn, the cows outside your window... More  →
You Know You're From Wisconsin When...

Nerd Flirting, Continuing Shenanigans, and THAT Guy

thenameselodie gives us the lowdown on old crushes, new cuties, and her awesome college orientation!—Sparkitors Where was I last week, Sparklers? Where was I? College orientation, that’s where! It was an entire three-day adventure. I got lost... More  →
Nerd Flirting, Continuing Shenanigans, and THAT Guy