Skip over navigation

Ode to My Crush

By Janet ManleyApril 10, 2012
Did you know it's National Poetry Month? In its honor, we present: Ode to My Crush. If you were a microwavable treat, I think you shouldst be a Hot Pocket, for your unassuming outer crust, which conceals the melding of exciting new artificial flavors and corn kernels! right when... More  →
Ode to My Crush

More Beauty Tips for the Cheap & Lazy!

By Chrissie GruebelApril 10, 2012
We all have a comfortable, day-to-day makeup routine—but every now and then, don't you just wanna pull a Hermione and do a slow-motion staircase entrance lookin' smokin' hot? Don't you want to get aggressive with the fancy-face, even if it's just for the... More  →
More Beauty Tips for the Cheap & Lazy!

EXCLUSIVE Zac Efron Interview: The Heartthrob Spills on His Role in The Lucky One!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 9, 2012
It's come to my attention that you Sparklers are in desperate need of a good, solid swoon, and I happen to have the perfect solution: a SparkNotes-EXCLUSIVE interview with Zac "I Make Throwin' Bags of Fertilizer Look Damn Sexy" Efron, talking about his... More  →
EXCLUSIVE Zac Efron Interview: The Heartthrob Spills on His Role in The Lucky One!

How To Use Leftover Peeps

By Rachel KorowitzApril 9, 2012
If you made it through the many, many Peeps in your Easter basket, just...wow. I don't know whether to bow to your persistence or rub your belly and tell you it'll all be okay soon. (I can do either just as soon as you stop... More  →
How To Use Leftover Peeps

Kids' Books That Never Get Old

By ContributorApril 9, 2012
As we grow up, our tastes change—or at least they’re supposed to. We’re expected to stop liking puffy pink dresses and monkey bars and Mickey Mouse—and we're expected to leave behind our treasured "kids" books. But I just can’t seem to do that.... More  →
Kids' Books That Never Get Old

Ask a Teacher: Do You Get Tired of Teaching the Same Material?

By Ms. DameApril 9, 2012
Q. Do you ever get bored of teaching the same material over and over again? A. One of the greatest aspects of teaching is that each teacher approaches a text differently and therefore teaches it differently. We may teach the same material each year, but it... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do You Get Tired of Teaching the Same Material?

A Super Simplified Rundown of the Presidential Candidates

By Valerie BurnApril 9, 2012
Politics can be hard to understand, especially when you don’t even get to vote yet. Still, it’s probably important to know what each candidate stands for, since politicians can have a lot of impact on the world, long beyond their time in power. Presidents get to do thing More  →
A Super Simplified Rundown of the Presidential Candidates

The Cold, Hard Truth About Your College Search

My freshman year at college is drawing to a close. As the weather warms, I’m filled with nostalgia about last spring, when I was a mere high school senior desperate to find the perfect college. In my quest for the best institution of higher learning,... More  →
The Cold, Hard Truth About Your College Search

Stephenie Meyer, Why Do You Taunt Me So? (a Sparkler Reviews The Host)

Okay, I can do this! I’m a reasonably intelligent human being with a fully functioning logic center in my brain. I will review The Host and eschew any previous biases! Because critics should mercilessly judge the work of others based on individual merit and not... More  →
Stephenie Meyer, Why Do You Taunt Me So? (a Sparkler Reviews The Host)