Skip over navigation

Kicking Up a Right Fuss at London Pride 2011

By ContributorAugust 10, 2011
BroccoliBiatch, aka Lilith, is BACK to discuss attending the recent Pride Parade in London!  —Sparkitors Guys brace yourself: I’m still gay. Just getting that out of the way so that... More  →
Kicking Up a Right Fuss at London Pride 2011

A Beginner's Guide to Potters World

Naala_Senegal isn't talking about Pottermore, guys—this is a whole NEW Harry Potter-related world of awesomeness!—Sparkitors

Like so many Sparklers out there, I’m a huge Harry Potter fan. I started reading the books when I was 7, and I've been

... More  →
A Beginner's Guide to Potters World

Why Avenue Q is the Best Musical Ever

We're not usually big fans of musicals, but jolieg15's hilarious review may have convinced us to give them a try!—Sparkitors Yes, I'll admit it: I'm one of those people that compulsively listens to Broadway musical soundtracks (anyone else do this? Anybody?). However, my... More  →
Why Avenue Q is the Best Musical Ever

The Life of a Hufflepuff

geetargrl59 has us 98% convinced that she actually lives at Hogwarts.—Sparkitors The life of a Hufflepuff  is not a glamorous life, nor is it an exciting one. We are simple folk who take pleasure in... More  →
The Life of a Hufflepuff

The Other Boleyn Girl

Lonks usually loves historical fiction, but does this book have what it takes to earn a rave review ?—Sparkitors Book #51: The Other Boleyn Girl Author: Philippa Gregory Reason for Reading: After I read Nine Days a Queen, a lot of Sparklers... More  →
The Other Boleyn Girl

How to Read the Body Like a Book

Vaneskera lowered her eyebrows and stuck out her thumbs in a frightening, dominant manner until we agreed to publish this post. –Sparkitors While Jono's already told us how to make our body language more friendly, he didn't reveal all the many things... More  →
How to Read the Body Like a Book

The Return of "Holding On": Chapter 13!

We're thrilled that willwriteforhearts sent us the next installment of her riveting story after taking a brief hiatus! When we last left off, Nick and Alice continued to struggle with their dead father's ghostly presence,their mom's sketchy new boyfriend,... More  →
The Return of

How To Act When You Run Into Your Ex

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 9, 2011
Stop us when this scenario sounds familiar: You're minding your own business at Starbucks, trying to think of a word that contains like 5 Es for Words with Friends, when suddenly your ex strolls right in the front door like (s)he owns... More  →
How To Act When You Run Into Your Ex

Has Dan Bergstein Ever Made You Cry? Now Is the Time for RETRIBUTION.

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 9, 2011
If we had to list five things we liked about Dan Bergstein, the first four would be "SKIP" and the fifth would be "He's never killed a man in the state of California." Unfortunately (both for us and for humanity), next week, August... More  →
Has Dan Bergstein Ever Made You Cry? Now Is the Time for RETRIBUTION.

Shakespeare Just Got SERVED

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 9, 2011
When he saw last week's prompt, Shakespeare was all, "I'm the BARD, beezies. COME AT ME." And then his pompous butt got royally owned—because you were all "BOOM! I just re-wrote Romeo and Juliet in 6 minutes! Put that in your potentially plagiarized... More  →
Shakespeare Just Got SERVED