Search Menu
Menu

How to Fail at January

By ShivJanuary 8, 2013
It’s a new year and hope fills the air. You have a twinkle in your eye and a spring in your step. You are ready to absolutely crush it as every cliché about making a new, better you runs through your head. Just make sure... More  →
How to Fail at January

7 Hilariously Bad Yelp Reviews

By Lauren PassellJanuary 8, 2013
Yelp reviews aren't only helpful in choosing a service, they exist for entertainment purposes, too. Bad experiences in particular often yield for some angry, fired up reviewers. These reviewers shelled out one star, and their reviews are worth reading: 1. Pentagram pizza "WAT. I WENT TO THIS... More  →
7 Hilariously Bad Yelp Reviews

9 Reasons January Is the Best Month

By Valerie BurnJanuary 7, 2013
Winter is not everyone's favorite. Let's face it: it's cold, dreary, and spring break is but a dim light on the horizon. Especially after relaxing at home for a couple of weeks during your winter break... going back to school in January should feel like... More  →
9 Reasons January Is the Best Month

Now You See Me VS. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone: Which MAGIC MOVIE Do You Want to See?

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 7, 2013
Take a moment and picture a young Chelsea Dagger: clever, sweaty, terribly handsome—in short, a born magician. But even as an 8-year-old, I knew that my chubby fingers and utter lack of hand-eye coordination (I had the athletic skills of a... More  →
Now You See Me VS. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone: Which MAGIC MOVIE Do You Want to See?

"YOLO" and 15 Other Words That Need To Die Right Now

By Brandon SpecktorJanuary 7, 2013
Tell us what you think of our new digi-slang, guys: #YOBYOLOO…H (You Only Banish YOLO Once…Hopefully) Lake Superior State University just published its 38th annual List of Words to be Banished from the Queen's English for Misuse, Overuse, and General Uselessness. Since its first appearance... More  →
"YOLO" and 15 Other Words That Need To Die Right Now

Ridiculous New Year's Resolutions You Probably Shouldn't Make

By Lisa BernierJanuary 7, 2013
Welcome to the beginning of 2013, the time of incorrectly writing the date on top of your next math quiz, a whole new crop of funny cat videos, and most importantly, resolutions. While it's all well and good to make firm promises with yourself to... More  →
Ridiculous New Year's Resolutions You Probably Shouldn't Make

25 Reasons to Celebrate January 7th

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 7, 2013
The first week of the year is nearly finished, and that leaves only 51 more weeks to go until 2014! Here’s why you should be laughing, smiling, and using the phrase, “Bee’s knees!” 1. Yes, it’s Monday, and Mondays are awful, but at least you're... More  →
25 Reasons to Celebrate January 7th

How Not to Fail Miserably at Keeping Your New Year's Resolutions

By Josh SorokachJanuary 7, 2013
Happy New Year, Sparklers! Can you believe it’s still 2013? I thought this whole “new year” thing was just a fad, but evidently it’s here to stay. A recent study suggested that only 8% of people actually achieve their New Year’s resolution. 8%!?... More  →
How Not to Fail Miserably at Keeping Your New Year's Resolutions

Geeky Girl Glam: TARDIS Blue, Take 2

By Allison EmmJanuary 7, 2013
My adorable little sis is back! This visit, I decided to do Jenna’s makeup for our Doctor Who Christmas Party. I’ve already done a Whovian themed look on myself, but this is totally different. We may be sisters, but Jenna is younger, taller, darker, and thinner. Yep, she More  →
Geeky Girl Glam: TARDIS Blue, Take 2

An Open Letter to the Sparkitors: Eponine Is Not Anorexic

By Performer_for_LifeJanuary 7, 2013

Dear Sparkitors and Sploggers, Particularly Josh and Emma:

You recently posted this article as a negative review to the movie, Les Miserables. Many Sparklers disagreed with the points made in the article. Everyone is entitled to his opinion; however, I am very disturbed by Josh's

... More  →