Skip over navigation

Ask a Teacher: Do You Like Suck Ups?

By Ms. DameSeptember 30, 2011
Q: Do you like the kids who suck up, or do you want to punch them in the throat? A: I never feel like exacting physical violence on students for being nice to me! I love it when students are kind, respectful, and overly polite, even... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do You Like Suck Ups?

Auntie SparkNotes: Music Appropriation

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 30, 2011
Hi Auntie, I just want to start off with the fact that I like music. Like, I'm REALLY into my music. I let a friend borrow my CDs because I thought she genuinely liked my favorite genre. I sent this friend songs to look up, and... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Music Appropriation

Ask Jono: Staying In Touch With Dumb College Siblings

By Jon_SkindzierSeptember 30, 2011
Hey there Jono~ So. I'm a senior in high school, and my big brother Jono just headed off to college three weeks ago. (No joke... his name really is Jono. The irony is just stunningly beautiful. [/sarcasm]) It was kind of weird at first... More  →
Ask Jono: Staying In Touch With Dumb College Siblings

The Pros and Cons of Dating a Comedian

By Rachel KorowitzSeptember 30, 2011
Squee! You're seeing a stand-up! Impressed with an improviser! Smushing a sketch comedian! But just because your little prop comic makes teh funniez regularly doesn't necessarily qualify them to be, you know, a dateable human. Pro: They're probably funny. Like, really, gaspingly, More  →
The Pros and Cons of Dating a Comedian

NBK to Totally BK in One Post or Less!

By ContributorSeptember 30, 2011
DINOSAURISHMIZLEFRAPPLE takes the NBK story to new heights of brevity, and we almost can't take the cuteness—or the instant gratification. –Sparkitors Buckle up, Sparklers, cause this is something new: a one-post NBK. I guess I've already spoiled the ending of for you, but you're... More  →
NBK to Totally BK in One Post or Less!

Nobody Cares, and Other Tips for High School Survival

By ContributorSeptember 30, 2011
WiseKnowMonsters would like to terrify you, comfort you, and then remind you of your own relative insignificance. Read on! –Sparkitors If Blockbuster movies and cheesy television shows have taught us anything, it's that high school is a hellhole where the... More  →
Nobody Cares, and Other Tips for High School Survival

Ask a Teacher: Have You Ever Felt Like Quitting on a Student?

By Ms. DameSeptember 29, 2011
Q: Have you ever felt like quitting on a student, or have you ever disliked a student so much you just didn't want to help them? A: Of course I have felt like quitting on a student. I have felt like quitting on an entire class... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Have You Ever Felt Like Quitting on a Student?

October Is the Best Month. Discussion Over.

By Kathryn_WilliamsSeptember 29, 2011
It's pretty much accepted within academic circles that October is the most kick-ass month of the year. Go ahead, look it up in the Encyclopedia (those things gathering dust above your dad's desk that look like books (those things made of a lot of paper... More  →
October Is the Best Month. Discussion Over.

Auntie SparkNotes: Everybody Dance Now

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 29, 2011
Dear Auntie SparkNotes, I guess that my problem isn't as big as some of the other problems you deal with, but I'm going to go ahead anyway. I've noticed that dancing is taking a bigger and bigger part in the parties that I'm going to, and... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Everybody Dance Now

Why Disney Princesses Are the Worst Role Models EVER

By ContributorSeptember 29, 2011

All_Is_Mal has a little problem with the Disney role-model model. Pitchforks up or thumbs up?–Sparkitors

I really, really detest Disney princesses. I hate them more than Dan Bergstein hates baby-daters, more than Harry hates Draco, more than Congress hates getting... More  →
Why Disney Princesses Are the Worst Role Models EVER