Skip over navigation

The Top 9 Biology Pickup Lines

By ContributorMay 2, 2011
Skatergirl95, we're not sure how well these work on picking up dates, but they sure make us laugh! —Sparkitors Here are the top nine biology pickup lines that exist or will ever exist. Why not ten? That would be too predictable. And... More  →
The Top 9 Biology Pickup Lines

Why Giraffes are the Finest Specimens of All the Specimens

One question: did TheSillyGiraffe chose her username before or after writing this hilarious post?—Sparkitors Ask someone what their favorite animal is, and you'll likely get a pretty standard response: Dolphin. Purple Gorilla. Whatever Dan’s favorite is. While those are all fairly cool, they... More  →
Why Giraffes are the Finest Specimens of All the Specimens

Circumstances Under Which it Is Okay to Eat Half-Price Sushi

By Lucy HutchinsonMay 2, 2011
You should never, ever, ever eat half-price sushi. It's an unwritten law of humanity, like "Don't punch strangers" or "Don't chew on door handles." Like all unwritten laws, it stems from common sense. Door handles break teeth, angry strangers break faces, half-price sushi is slightly... More  →
Circumstances Under Which it Is Okay to Eat Half-Price Sushi

City of Ashes

Book #29: City of Ashes (Book #2, Mortal Instruments) Author: Cassandra Clare Reason for Reading: I absolutely loved the first book, City of Bones, and I CANNOT leave a series unfinished. Quote: "I'll just have them change the entry in the demonology textbook from 'almost... More  →
City of Ashes

Holding On: Chapter 7

In willwriteforhearts' latest chapter, Alice and Nick's mom has a surprise for them—and it's going to make their lives even more complicated than ever. —Sparkitors Mom’s here. It makes me nervous. You’d think I’d be happy that she's home, but she’s just acting different. And I’m... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 7

Open Thread for May 2

By Chelsea DaggerMay 2, 2011
TinaxthexLlama explains this blurry pic: Sparkitors! I found these in my notifications on Facebook (which is set to Pirate English, not regular English)! To translate: Dan liked TWO of my comments on his status. So please tell him that I was SO excited that... More  →
Open Thread for May 2

Moving On After a Breakup (Hint: Involves Go Karts)

By ContributorApril 29, 2011
Just because somebody used your heart for ballistics practice, EmilyOftheWritenWord isn't about to let it ruin your summer! –Sparkitors We all have or will experience the pain of having someone break your heart in a way reminiscent of an elephant stepping on a banana,... More  →
Moving On After a Breakup (Hint: Involves Go Karts)

Vocab Word of the Day!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 29, 2011
EPIC VOCAB SHOUT-OUTS from yesterday's post go to: Topazinha: You want circuitous? Try MY LIFE. Trip, die, blush, trip, die, FAIL. book_eater123: O thou circuitous internet
 No more time to play with mine pet
 A school assignment?... More  →
Vocab Word of the Day!

A Formula For Succcess: The Secrets Behind Mary Kate and Ashley Movies

By ContributorApril 29, 2011
We have to confess, runbarirun: we LOVED Winning London when we were 16.—Sparkitors If you're an average girl who happened to be a preteen in the early 2000s, you've probably seen your fair share of Mary-Kate and Ashley movies.... More  →
A Formula For Succcess: The Secrets Behind Mary Kate and Ashley Movies

Blogging Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Part 4

By Dan_BergsteinApril 29, 2011
Chapter Nine: The Midnight Duel Better Title: The Midnight Drool (Get it? Because of the dog? Took me eight hours to come up with that. Please enjoy it.) Harry can fly! He's a natural broom flyer and can swoop around magnificently. The Gryffindors and Slytherins have flying... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Part 4