Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: Roommate Privacy 101

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 12, 2011
Dear Auntie, I'm another freshman in college with a problem... so I'm asking for your help because I'm losing sleep over my situation. It's really simple, actually. During the first week of college, my roommate just "clicked" with 12 other girls on my floor (basically the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Roommate Privacy 101

Etiquette for the Internets: How To NOT Be a Deuceface

By ContributorOctober 11, 2011
TanTan follows up his uber-controversial NBK post with a guide to online debating (and also invents the word "deuceface," which we may or may not be obsessed with).—Sparkitors First off, I would just like to clarify that my last... More  →
Etiquette for the Internets: How To NOT Be a Deuceface

The Splogger Ladies Present: Our Most Embarrassing Period Stories

By Emily WinterOctober 11, 2011
You know what periods lead to? Babies (sort of). Also, disaster. Aunt Flow doesn't just visit, she burns the house down. Ever heard of The Red Scare? Yeah, that was us. We've been playing for Cincinnati for a lotta years now, and boy oh brother... More  →
The Splogger Ladies Present: Our Most Embarrassing Period Stories

Ways To Win Over Your New SO's Friends

By Jon_SkindzierOctober 11, 2011
For some people, trying to win over a new group of friends is a joy and a privilege, because the world is a fun and welcoming place, filled with unicorns and rainbows. For the rest of us, meeting new people is a nerve-wracking... More  →
Ways To Win Over Your New SO's Friends

One-Sentence Lessons I Learned from Classic Literature

dac213 cracked us UP with this ingenious post—just wait 'til you get to number 7.—Sparkitors English teachers are always trying to get us to understand the complex, profound meaning behind classic literature. Well, I don't think you need a 10-page essay to spell... More  →
One-Sentence Lessons I Learned from Classic Literature

How Not To Get Someone To Like You

By Brendan EyreOctober 11, 2011
It’s hard to go a day without seeing an article about how to win someone’s heart. How to get the person you like to notice you, where to go on a first date, how to ask a guy or girl to prom, these are all... More  →
How Not To Get Someone To Like You

Blind Sight

Lonks battled bravely out from under a mountain of homework to write this post and put herself one book closer to achieving her goal!—Sparkitors Book #58: Blind Sight Authors: Meg Howrey Reason for Reading: I met this author at the same book... More  →
Blind Sight

Is It Time to Ditch Your Awful (Potentially Psychotic) Roomie?

By Rachel KorowitzOctober 11, 2011
It's about two months into school, and while you're curled up with friends watching Russian Unicorn for the jillionth time, your roomie's busy giving you the stink-eye and licking her Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. It may seem like you should bail, but before you get... More  →
Is It Time to Ditch Your Awful (Potentially Psychotic) Roomie?

Ask a Teacher: What Surprises You Most About Teenagers?

By Mr. JungOctober 11, 2011
Q: What Surprises You Most About Teenagers? A: I am surprised by your pragmatism and startling efficiency at accomplishing goals. Surprised, impressed, and slightly unnerved. Take it as both a significant compliment and a source of profound worry on my part. During office hours, students will often... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What Surprises You Most About Teenagers?

Open Thread for October 11

By SparkLifeOctober 11, 2011
jayt919 sent in this adorable pic with the following caption: This is a photo I took from the Pixar: 25 Years of Animation exhibition at my local museum. It was an awesomesauce trip and I believe it's a 'travelling exhibition' so check it out! Our... More  →
Open Thread for October 11