Skip over navigation

10 YA Books That Will Teach You Something Useful

By Molly HoranApril 16, 2012
All YA books have something to teach you—like "Vampires make good boyfriends" or "Gillyweed helps you breathe under water!" But some novels are more instructive than others; here are 10 that will not only help you survive everyday life, but maybe even come in handy... More  →
10 YA Books That Will Teach You Something Useful

Awesome Alternatives to the Plain Ol' High Five

By SparkLifeApril 16, 2012
The traditional high five is hopelessly uncool—as illustrated by the fact that Chelsea Dagger does it ALL THE TIME. If you want to update your hand-on-hand contact, check out our suggestions below. And stop high-fiving Chelsea, guys. Please. 1. Cut off your hand and attach a... More  →
Awesome Alternatives to the Plain Ol' High Five

Blogging Disney: Dumbo

By Scott GreenstoneApril 16, 2012
The film starts with the song "Look Out for Mr. Stork." It describes this world's system of childbirth: delivery by stork. A squadron of storks wing through the night, carrying sacks containing babies. Question #1: Can you opt out of the stork system? What if you... More  →
Blogging Disney: Dumbo

How I Became a Bully-Busting Superhero

By ContributorApril 16, 2012
When I first joined Year Seven in secondary school (that’s 5th grade for you non-British Sparklebutts), I was in a dark place. I’m not going to go into details of why, but let’s just say that there were no unicorns, rainbows, or kittens in my... More  →
How I Became a Bully-Busting Superhero

The Best Books for Hunger Games Haters

By ContributorApril 16, 2012
Lately, there have been quite a few posts explaining why The Hunger Games really isn’t as good as many of us believe it is. Well, I happen to think that the Hunger Games is a great series, but everybody is entitled to their... More  →
The Best Books for Hunger Games Haters

The Seven Commandments of College Dating

By ContributorApril 13, 2012
Faye has come out of the library to bless us with some good dating how-NOT-tos. —Sparkitors And behold: Faye came out of the library to take a break from finals studying and said, “Let the students come to college, and may... More  →
The Seven Commandments of College Dating

The Worst Things to Say Right Before You Kiss Someone

By SparkLifeApril 13, 2012
Have you ever wondered what you're supposed to say in those beautiful, romantic moments right before you lean in for a kiss? Maybe nothing. Maybe everything. Maybe a simple, subtle "Yeehaw!" We sure don't know what the right answer is, but we've definitely established that... More  →
The Worst Things to Say Right Before You Kiss Someone

How to Deal with Rejection

By SissyApril 13, 2012
Did you ask that guy you’ve been tutoring if he’d like to catch a movie this weekend, only to discover that it’s strictly your brain he’s into? Did you learn you won’t be wearing the colors of your dream college next fall? Did your best... More  →
How to Deal with Rejection

Reid Faylor Has a Girlfriend: Alternate Universes

By reidfaylorApril 13, 2012
So many questions! So many answers! Let’s get into it! FROM: naturelover100 Who is Candance's favorite Harry Potter character? Who is yours? Here is an area where things get a little rocky. Though I hate to admit it, this is one particular topic we can’t agree... More  →
Reid Faylor Has a Girlfriend: Alternate Universes

Total Recall, the ACTUAL Trailer

By Josh PeriloApril 13, 2012
Alright already! Enough of these trailers for trailers! If I want to see a trailer for the new Total Recall starring Colin Farrell, I want to see an actual trailer! Not a thirty second… What’s that? Oh, it’s online now? Well,... More  →
Total Recall, the ACTUAL Trailer