Skip over navigation

Little Black Dresses, Oversized Tees, and Finally Finding My Confidence

By ContributorAugust 22, 2011
BonnieBellez struggled with insecurity, but now she knows she's awesome inside and out!—Sparkitors Most of us tend to equate "confidence" with a drop-dead gorgeous person dressed to the nines. We might envision designer brands, spanking-new trend-setting boots, and a... More  →
 Little Black Dresses, Oversized Tees, and Finally Finding My Confidence

Ask a Teacher: Do You Show Movies in Class When You're Feeling Lazy?

By Mr. NavidarAugust 22, 2011
Q: Do you show us movies in class when you’re lazy and don’t feel like working? Admit it! A: Fact: I often feel guilty when showing my class a movie. Whenever I think about showing a movie in class, there’s always a small voice in my... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do You Show Movies in Class When You're Feeling Lazy?

How to Make Your Summer Sound Cooler Than it Actually Was

HappyMadPuzzler knows that you spent your summer watching Disney movies—and she also knows how to make that sound totally BAD ASS.—Sparkitors It seems that the typical way of greeting someone on the first day of school is to ask... More  →
How to Make Your Summer Sound Cooler Than it Actually Was

Tess of the d'Urbervilles: The Most Depressing Book Ever Written!

Is is terrible that we work at SPARKNOTES and we've never read this book? At least Lonks can help us fill the profound gaps in our literary expertise.—Sparkitors Book #52: Tess of the d’Urbervilles Author: Thomas Hardy Reason for Reading: As I... More  →
Tess of the d'Urbervilles: The Most Depressing Book Ever Written!

Dan's Five Worst Days of High School

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 19, 2011
High school was pretty good for me, but five days and events stick out in my mind and haunt my life. First up: The day I had the wind knocked out of me. In my sophomore year, I was placed in the worst gym glass of all time, a class made up of the oldest, toughest, meanest More  →
Dan's Five Worst Days of High School

Ask Jono: Getting Over a Crush

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 19, 2011
Dear Jono, So there's this girl that I met at a summer camp, and I really like her. But while we were at camp, my cabin mates told me that they heard her say that she wasn't interested in dating, but I can't know for sure... More  →
Ask Jono: Getting Over a Crush

How Dan Bergstein Saved My Year

By ContributorAugust 19, 2011
fns112 writes of an act of hilarious heroism; just another day in the life of Bergstein. –Sparkitors This is the tale of how Dan Bergstein saved my junior year. I'll begin at the beginning: I'm one of those reasonably intelligent people who hangs out with people... More  →
How Dan Bergstein Saved My Year

The Perks and Perils of Being Tan

cheezepleeze is basically a bronzed goddess year-round. Us and our pasty elbows are trying VERY hard not to be jealous.—Sparkitors I know my title doesn't sound as good as The Perks and Perils of Being Pale, but... More  →
The Perks and Perils of Being Tan

Nice Guys Finish First: How to NOT Be A Scuzzbag

TanTan does a favor for ladies everywhere and tells dudes to tone down the tool 'tude. (That alliteration was awful, but we apologize for nothing.)—Sparkitors I had a terrible dream last night. It involved clowns, zombies, hula-hooping leprechauns, and scuzzbags. Lots... More  →
Nice Guys Finish First: How to NOT Be A Scuzzbag

Thank You For Not Being an Idiot, Dan

Colleen, we're pretty sure that Dan is going to frame this post and hang it above his jello mold collection.—Sparkitors So, here's the thing. In my day to day life, I'm surrounded by idiots. Maybe that's mean, but I think it's honest. The people... More  →
Thank You For Not Being an Idiot, Dan