Search Menu
Menu

Gone But not Forgotten: Amazing TV Shows Cancelled too Soon

By Beth MishlerNovember 2, 2012
We're pretty sure we heard a universal “Nooooooooo!” from geeks everywhere when it was recently announced that G4's Attack of the Show was going to be canceled. Sadly, this has become a common occurrence. When we think about it for a second, tons of geektabulous... More  →
Gone But not Forgotten: Amazing TV Shows Cancelled too Soon

Video: Obama and Romney Make 4-Year-Old Cry

By Scott GreenstoneNovember 2, 2012
You know politics makes you want to cry, too. Abigael Evans and her mom live in Colorado, a "battleground state" where over $58 million has been spent in campaign advertising just this campaign. This video makes us laugh, then go "awwwww," then wonder if her mom put... More  →
Video: Obama and Romney Make 4-Year-Old Cry

Stuff You Won't Have Time for in College

By FayeNovember 2, 2012
No one ever says, “I should have slept more in college.” There’s just too much other stuff to do! Between classes, studying, friends, and fun, you’re lucky if you squeeze in seven hours a night. And sleep isn’t the only thing that no one has... More  →
Stuff You Won't Have Time for in College

Open Thread for November 2

By rainmanNovember 2, 2012
I woke up this morning to see there was no Open Thread for today; so I made one! Expect an official one within two seconds of me posting this. And do you like the narwhals? My sister and I made them. ᵒᴥᵒ And yes, the one... More  →

Top 10 Nerdiest Female Authors

By Becky FerreiraNovember 1, 2012
November is National Novel Writing month: are any Masterminds submitting? Whether or not you're taking on the challenge, it's always good to review the work of your fellow nerd authors for inspiration. That's why we're bringing you this list of our top 10 nerdiest female... More  →
Top 10 Nerdiest Female Authors

Dumbest Moves In Disaster Movies

By Lisa BernierNovember 1, 2012
Being trapped in your apartment by a storm has gotten our gears going: what would you do if suddenly the dead rose and you was faced with World War Z? Or aliens suddenly landed and decided humans were the chaff of the wheat that is... More  →
Dumbest Moves In Disaster Movies

The Crazy Origins of Modern Holidays

By Eric SiegelsteinNovember 1, 2012
Nothing stays the same over time, and when it comes to some holiday traditions, that’s certainly true. Look back far enough, and some of our favorite holidays are barely recognizable. And in a few cases, it looks like some really cool stuff got abandoned along... More  →
The Crazy Origins of Modern Holidays

The Worst Acting of All Time

By Vadim NewquistNovember 1, 2012
It's no secret that acting can make or break a movie, but there are indeed rare moments where performances are so mind-blowingly bad that they don't just break the movie, they shatter it into a billion pieces. These are those moments. Enjoy! "Oh God, oh man"... More  →
The Worst Acting of All Time

Which J.R.R. Tolkien Book Are You?

By Celina DurginNovember 1, 2012
You know he wrote Lord of the Rings, but J.R.R. Tolkien filled volumes with Middle Earth history, poetry, and tales that extend the stories of familiar characters and introduce totally different ones. Find out which Tolkien book you are! 1. You’re choosing a book to read... More  →
Which J.R.R. Tolkien Book Are You?

What Happens if a Teacher Suspects Abuse?

By Mr. JonesNovember 1, 2012
Q: “What would a teacher do if they see a student go through an abusive situation but they don't want to report it?” A: A teacher will and should report it. Always. If I were to ask you what’s the paramount priority of any adult in a school,... More  →
What Happens if a Teacher Suspects Abuse?