Skip over navigation
Prom

13 Little Blue Envelopes

By ContributorJanuary 4, 2012
LonkstheWriter has until January 11th to hit her mark of 100 books in one year—so she's gonna need a big helping of Sparkler support from you guys!—Sparkitors Book #64: 13 Little Blue Envelopes Author: Maureen Johnson Reason for Reading: I'm on a constant... More  →
13 Little Blue Envelopes

January Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 4, 2012
It’s a new year. It’s a leap year. So watch out! To learn what happens in the next twelve months, read your super special horoscope below! Aries (March 21 – April 19) This is the year to learn about zinc! Love will come to you by winter’s... More  →
January Horoscopes

6 Reasons Why "The Artist" Is Possibly The Greatest Movie Ever

By ContributorJanuary 4, 2012
geetargrl59 wants you to see a SILENT film. As in, a film with no talking. Yeah, we're not quite sold on this idea yet either.—Sparkitors Unless you live in an area where artsy-fartsy movies are played in your local cinema instead of... More  →
6 Reasons Why

New Year's Resolutions for the Weak-Willed

By Josh PeriloJanuary 4, 2012
New Year’s Day has come and gone, and so have many people’s resolutions. And to be honest, we’re not surprised. The bar is set way too high, people! Enough with the “I will lose twenty pounds in two months” and “I’ll make... More  →
New Year's Resolutions for the Weak-Willed

Who's About to Join the Star-Studded Cast of Les Miserables?

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 4, 2012
If there's one thing we know about you butts (aside from the fact that you secretly Google "Ron Weasley's phone number?" on a regular basis), it's that ya'll are stone cold theater GEEKS. So we know you'll be just as excited/shocked/appalled/sweaty about this news as... More  →
Who's About to Join the Star-Studded Cast of Les Miserables?

Healthier Eating: 8 Tips

By Rachel KorowitzJanuary 3, 2012
NOTE: The advice below is intended for peeps who are already in decent physical health. I'm no doctor, so if you've got special physical/dietary/medical needs, a chronic illness, an eating disorder, or anything related/similar, talk with your smart, credentialed, doctor-types before you change anything up. Have... More  →
Healthier Eating: 8 Tips

How To Write a Get Well Card

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 3, 2012
We are all delicate, fragile creatures, likely at any moment to be stricken with Yak Flu, or to contract Ebola, or to be hit by a monster truck on the way to get the mail. We all experience life's incessant attempts to kill... More  →
How To Write a Get Well Card

Welcome to... Occupy Sesame Street

By JK PayneJanuary 3, 2012
The Occupy Wall Street movement may be losing steam—even with arrests over the holidays, the media has been ignoring the movement in favor of sport activities with balls and the most anticipated movies ever. But on one street, the protesters haven’t gotten the memo, or... More  →
Welcome to... Occupy Sesame Street

Make This: Lemon Ricotta and Raspberries

By ShivaniJanuary 3, 2012
It’s that time of the year again: the time people flock to the gym in droves, hoping not to make fools of themselves while actually sticking to a resolution. Diets are happening around the country, and I respect that. That’s why this week’s recipe is... More  →
Make This: Lemon Ricotta and Raspberries

Got the Wintertime Blues? We Can Help.

By Samantha CharlipJanuary 3, 2012
New Splogger Samantha tells you how to beat your cabin fever!—Sparkitors Camp crushes. Tan lines. Freshly grilled corndogs stuck in your braces. If you’re like me, you’ve already had your fill of subzero temperatures and Starbucks holiday drinks and are beginning to pine... More  →
Got the Wintertime Blues? We Can Help.