Skip over navigation

You Guys Are the Future Leaders of America(n Dairy Farming)

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 6, 2011
Brace yourselves: you're all about to get a laudatory smack right on your overachieving foreheads (it's like a high-five, but more painful). Why? Because you butts are genetically incapable of doing the bare minimum (and that makes the rest of us look bad). Case in... More  →
You Guys Are the Future Leaders of America(n Dairy Farming)

College Admissions Book Giveaway!

By Miss MarmSeptember 6, 2011
Lillian Luterman and Jennifer Bloom (they're a mother-daughter team!) have been helping kids apply to college for 20 years, and now they've published a book called In! College Admissions and Beyond (check out the FB page here), which argues something surprising: It's the well-rounded... More  →
College Admissions Book Giveaway!

Life According to the Ladies Man

By ContributorSeptember 6, 2011
TanTantheLadiesMan has it all figured out. He's like a teenage, metaphor-obsessed version of Gandhi.—Sparkitors I like lists. I like them so much that I'm tempted to give you a list of why I like lists, but I think that’d be overkill. I make... More  →
 Life According to the Ladies Man

Tips to Combat Frizzy Hair

By ElodieSeptember 6, 2011
Elodie takes a break from her hilarious college posts to tell you how to win the war against bad hair days.—Sparkitors I’ve never had bad acne. I was never fat. (I can feel a punch to the face coming on.) Sure,... More  →
Tips to Combat Frizzy Hair

Guess My Hometown

All we know for sure is that alexsarcastic21 lives square in the middle of sweet tea country. –Sparkitors HEEE HAWW Y’ALL! Buckle up cause I’m about to take you on a wild ride! My hometown is smack dab in between... More  →
Guess My Hometown

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Lonks hits book 54 with a true classic—which, we're embarrassed to admit, we've never actually read. Does watching the movie 84 times win us any points?—Sparkitors Book #54: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Author: L. Frank Baum Reason for Reading: I have a... More  →
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

What Your Deodorant Says About You: A Study of Perspiration Prevention

By Megan PrietzelSeptember 6, 2011
Deodorant is one of those important societal inventions that make other people bearable. You probably already know what it says about you in general: "HEY, LOOK AT ME!  I VALUE HYGIENE! I DO NOT REEK OF HAMBURGER MEAT!" But what does it say about you... More  →
What Your Deodorant Says About You: A Study of Perspiration Prevention

Ask a Teacher: On Being in Charge

By Mr. JungSeptember 6, 2011
Q: Do you like being in charge of a class? Do you feel like it makes you bossy in other aspects of your life? A: I like being in charge of class, absolutely. While this might conjure (or confirm) images of a power-drunk tyrant whose goal is... More  →
Ask a Teacher: On Being in Charge

How To Stop Taking Naps and Get Some Work Done, For Crying Out Loud

By Lucy HutchinsonSeptember 6, 2011
It's 3 pm, you've finished classes for the day, but you have an entire essay to write by morning and a sneaking suspicion you're supposed to do something with that pile of shiny new textbooks on your desk. You swear that once you get back... More  →
How To Stop Taking Naps and Get Some Work Done, For Crying Out Loud

Open Thread for September 5

By SparkLifeSeptember 5, 2011
In honor of Labor Day, the Sparkitors are refusing to do any work. Is that an example of irony? We're still not entirely sure what "irony" is, but we can't be bothered to look up the definition. Instead, we're going to stare at this bee-you-tiful... More  →
Open Thread for September 5