Skip over navigation

The Perks of Being a Collegiate Loner

By ContributorMay 7, 2012
Let’s get one thing straight: I am in no way against having friends. I enjoy the perks of collegiate loner-ness, but I wouldn’t mind a companion or two either. This post was written mainly to remind the collegiate loners (and loners in general) that being... More  →
The Perks of Being a Collegiate Loner

5 Reasons Why Summer Isn't So Great

By ContributorMay 7, 2012
If you find it increasingly difficult to roll out of bed in the mornings, or you often have the overwhelming desires to strip off most your clothes and jump into the nearest standing body of water, or you just want to sit around and do... More  →
5 Reasons Why Summer Isn't So Great

Empty: A Sparkler Book Review!

By ContributorMay 4, 2012
The book: Empty by Suzanne Weyn The plot: The year is 2022—ten years from now. Oil reserves worldwide are growing more scarce by the minute. Gas and items that require oil to be produced are becoming more and more expensive. Travelling by plane is... More  →
Empty: A Sparkler Book Review!

20 Things to Count Besides Sheep to Help You Sleep

By RG DanielsMay 4, 2012
-Hula girls dancing around Barack Obama -Stuffed panda bears wearing rainbow t-shirts -Mimes trapped in a glass box…of rattlesnakes -Kermit the Frogs speaking French -Dolphins jumping through hoops made of Twizzlers -Koala bears hugging the legs of Kobe Bryant -Tap dancers with bunny slippers -Giraffes on roller skates -Magicians in white tuxedos floating... More  →
20 Things to Count Besides Sheep to Help You Sleep

The Best Passive-Aggressive Yearbook Signatures

By Melissa AlbertMay 4, 2012
The breakdown of yearbook signatures goes something like this: 80 percent generic ("Math class was fun. Have a great summer!"), 10 percent inside jokes ("Bagel spoons, Professor! We need more bagel spoons!"), and 10 percent telling people what you... More  →
The Best Passive-Aggressive Yearbook Signatures

6 Reasons to LURVE the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (AKA Prince William and Princess Kate AKA Will and Kate)

By ContributorMay 4, 2012
I’m not gonna lie: I was really sad when I showed up on SparkLife last Sunday and remembered that new posts don't go up on weekends, because that meant there would be no posts singing of the glory that is Will and Kate.... More  →
6 Reasons to LURVE the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (AKA Prince William and Princess Kate AKA Will and Kate)

Ask a Teacher: What Advice Would You Give to Aspiring Teachers?

By Ms. DameMay 4, 2012
Q: I will be a college freshman next year and at the moment I have my heart set on becoming an English teacher. I can't imagine myself doing anything else. Education, literature, and writing are my passions and I want to share that with people... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What Advice Would You Give to Aspiring Teachers?

How to Make Fudgesicles

By ShivaniMay 4, 2012
I should be studying for my calculus final or packing up my room, but I can’t bring myself to do anything more than loll around in bed getting lost in the SparkLife archives and tweeting about how little I’ve moved. I’m confident that all my... More  →
How to Make Fudgesicles

How to Handle Being the Least Photogenic Person Ever

By ElodieMay 4, 2012
There are some people that photograph really well because the camera just loves them. The rest of us groan internally whenever it’s picture time. We like to think our faces aren’t inherently unattractive, but in that one instant—when a button is pushed, pictures are... More  →
How to Handle Being the Least Photogenic Person Ever