Skip over navigation

I'm In a Musical...At an All-Boys' School

By ContributorFebruary 24, 2012
alexsarcastic221's life sounds like a movie we REALLY want to watch. —Sparkitors Military school. Musical theater. The two don’t really fit, do they? When I say those two phrases together, you probably have a mental image of guys with buzz cuts and leather jackets... More  →
I'm In a Musical...At an All-Boys' School

A Day in the Life of Faye

Faye is taking a break from Ash to tell us about the rest of her life! Get ready for story time, kiddos.—Sparkitors I think I stepped in some super-duper-squishy-feel-good-lovey-dovey goo. No wait, that’s just last week’s post. Speaking of love goo,... More  →
A Day in the Life of Faye

The Hit List: Relient K

Metalhead gives you the low-down on his new favorite punk-rock group!—Sparkitors Anyone remember Animated_Apathy? One of the most awesome former Sparklers EVER?? (I say "former" because she's left us to do some blogging/work/family stuff. I still miss her, because she's awesome.)... More  →
The Hit List: Relient K

The Coolest Fictional Black Characters

dac213 shouts out the characters who make black nerds proud! —Sparkitors There's a little more to the month of February than cold weather, love, and prom preparation: namely, Black History Month. In honor of that, I’d like to present this list of the bravest, coolest, smartest,... More  →
The Coolest Fictional Black Characters

Why I Fell in Love with The Great Gatsby

DinatheDinasaur didn't expect to like this literary legend; read on to find out what made her change her mind!–Sparkitors Everyone looks at The Great Gatsby as just another typical American novel thrown into the high... More  →
Why I Fell in Love with The Great Gatsby

How To Be a Modern-Day Rebel Without a Cause

By Lucy HutchinsonFebruary 24, 2012
Have you seen Rebel Without A Cause? Some say it's a classic; we say it's dated, tedious and smells funny, but maybe that's just because we were forced to watch it in every Important Films 101 class we ever took, so we're bitter.... More  →
How To Be a Modern-Day Rebel Without a Cause

How to Go to Prom If You're Not an Upperclassman

heroesandthieves schemes up some hilarious ways to get your lowerclassman butt into prom!—Sparkitors I don’t know about you, Sparklers, but all this prom talk has gotten me in the mood to actually go to prom. This is a problem... More  →
How to Go to Prom If You're Not an Upperclassman

Exam Day: An Exercise in Murphy's Law

By ElodieFebruary 24, 2012
According to Murphy’s Law, anything that can go wrong will go wrong, and nowhere is this more evident than in the mind-bending, hellish nightmare of stress that is exam day. Let us examine a typical instance of said nightmare under Murphy’s Law: You will wake up... More  →
Exam Day: An Exercise in Murphy's Law

Top 20 Replies to "I Love You"

By ContributorFebruary 23, 2012
Terrified to say the L word? monicarima can help. —Sparkitors When someone tells you they love you, you may be tempted to reply, "I love you too." But what if you're not ready to return the sentiment—or you think saying "I love you too"... More  →
Top 20 Replies to "I Love You"

The Worst Fictional Significant Others

By Melissa AlbertFebruary 23, 2012
With Valentine's Day in the rear view, you're off the hook for state-mandated romance for a whole year! What better time to offload a dangerous, jerky, or otherwise undesirable SO? For inspiration, here's a gallery of some of the worst romantic partners... More  →
The Worst Fictional Significant Others