Search Menu
Menu

Tips for Talking to/Befriending Quiet Kids

By dac213January 29, 2013

So a while ago I wrote a post about what not to say to shy/introverted kids http://community.sparknotes.com/2011/11/10/10-things-you-shouldnt-say-to-a-shy-kid. Since that time I’ve made two really awesome high school friends and gone to a different college from them, where I became a loner. But recently I

... More  →

15 Albums You Should Listen to This Spring (Explained in 15 Limericks)

By Brandon SpecktorJanuary 29, 2013
Heartthrob Out: January 29 Not a moment too soon for your prom, Twin Quins who duet with aplomb! Now these folk rocking ladies Are going all '80s With synth pop to perk up your mom. Watch: The karaoke-tastic video for new single "Closer." More  →
15 Albums You Should Listen to This Spring (Explained in 15 Limericks)

Geeky Girl Glam: Arkham City Harley Quinn

By Allison EmmJanuary 29, 2013
A little while ago, some of you requested a dark and sinister look, so here you go! I’m drawing some inspiration from Harley Quinn, specifically the rendition in the game Batman Arkham City. Instead of sporting traditional court jester face paint, Dr. Harleen Quinzel has a More  →
Geeky Girl Glam: Arkham City Harley Quinn

How to Make Middle-Case Letters

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 29, 2013
Though not as popular as their capital and lowercase cousins, now is the time for the middle-case letters to shine! Sadly, these letters are too often absent from computer keyboards. If you don’t know how to make your middle-case letters, here’s a quick refresher.  More  →
How to Make Middle-Case Letters

Quiz: Judging by Your Personality, Which City Are You?

By Laura EtheredgeJanuary 29, 2013
Laid back? Cutting-edge cool? Obsessed with questionnaires? Take this quiz to find out which US city best matches your personality. 1. What’s your favorite color?

a. Sea-foam green. Also: Traffic-light green. b. Snowpocalypse silver. c. Is it basketball season or football season? d. Heather gray, like the Sunday afternoon sky. My heart hurts. e. Personal

... More  →
Quiz: Judging by Your Personality, Which City Are You?

21 Thoughts You Might Think When You're Bored Out of Your Mind

By Chrissie GruebelJanuary 29, 2013
How do you know you’ve entered the boredom vortex? Well, there are the biological signs: glassy eyes, slack jaw, orange-coated fingers from that entire bag of Doritos you didn’t even know you were eating. But the signs you really need to pay attention to are... More  →
21 Thoughts You Might Think When You're Bored Out of Your Mind

12 More Crazy Book Covers That Are Really Real

By Lauren PassellJanuary 29, 2013
Hi guys. Surely you’ve already read all the books in our other crazy book cover slideshow, and surely you’re achin’ for more. Have no fear, here they are. Better get started now—Male Delivery: Reproduction, Effeminacy, and Pregnant Men in Early Modern Spain looks rea More  →
12 More Crazy Book Covers That Are Really Real

High School Valentine's Day Traditions Are the Worst, Right?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 29, 2013
High school Valentine's traditions suck. It's a fact. You know how I know? Experience. My high school, like a lot of high schools, had a tradition of handing out Candy Grams on Valentine's...but with a twist. In order to avoid a Mean Girls-esque "You go, Glen... More  →
High School Valentine's Day Traditions Are the Worst, Right?

13 Super Flirty Texts to Send During the Super Bowl

By RG DanielsJanuary 29, 2013
On February 3, the Baltimore Ravens will face the San Francisco 49ers. Here are 13 Super Bowl-related texts to send to crush the day of the Big Game. 1. I can't stop RAVEN about you ;) 2. The 49ers remind me of how many times I thought... More  →
13 Super Flirty Texts to Send During the Super Bowl

Which Deep Sea Creature Are You?

By Kathryn_WilliamsJanuary 29, 2013
Are you sick of those tired old quizzes that identify which color or Disney princess or dog breed or Twilight character you are? Are you ready for a quiz that will bravely and accurately shine a light onto the dark and secret recesses of your... More  →
Which Deep Sea Creature Are You?