Skip over navigation

Why Wearing Glasses Is Awesome

By Nuala McKennaApril 25, 2012
Black frame glasses. They’re the universal geek symbol, and they’re more popular than ever. From your older brother, to the kid who sits next to you in Biology and even celebrities like Anne Hathaway; everyone seems to be sporting the iconic geek frames. If you’re... More  →
Why Wearing Glasses Is Awesome

How To Conquer Your Itch-tastic Allergies

By Brandon SpecktorApril 25, 2012
The Stoplight... The Scarlet Blinkernel… Colonel Fire Iris... Charles… Oh, excuse me. I was just workshopping a few supervillain names for my bloodshot left eyeball. "But, why ever is your left eyeball bloodshot?" I ask aloud in my best ventriloquist voice. That's a thoughtful question, thank you for caring. It... More  →
How To Conquer Your Itch-tastic Allergies

Hayden Panettiere Talks Prom, Harry Potter, and Her Geekiest Habit!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 25, 2012
Our incredible pals at DoSomething.org never cease to amaze us; first they took on bullies with the  kick-ass Bully Project, and now they're bringing prom to the masses with Prom for All, an amazing campaign that lets YOU donate... More  →
Hayden Panettiere Talks Prom, Harry Potter, and Her Geekiest Habit!

Let Me Give You Bad Advice: Become a Cyborg

By reidfaylorApril 25, 2012
Hello, Reiders! A lot of you guys had some very pressing concerns—I’m glad you turned to me for advice. If I didn’t answer your question specifically (there were so many!), I’ve gone ahead and answered all the other questions with the same all-purpose piece of... More  →
Let Me Give You Bad Advice: Become a Cyborg

How to Speak Australian Slang

By Janet ManleyApril 25, 2012
Sometimes, as a native Australian, people don't understand me when I'm talking to them in the bonza ol'  U.S. of A. And it is true that occasionally I try to get in the driver's seat when a taxi pulls over to pick me up. And... More  →
How to Speak Australian Slang

Are These Animals Real or Fake? Guess.

By SparkLifeApril 25, 2012
1. Rascal 2. Potato owl 3. Cuscus 4. Liger 5. Tiglon 6. Three-toed snake 7. Jackalobe 8. Jackalope 9. Bleeding-tooth muskrat 10. Skate 11. Ghost walrus 12. Reverse cheetah 13. Whooping shark 14. Gulper eel 15. Goblin shark 16. Aquatic candor 17. Dragon 18. Dragonfish 19. Dragonfly 20. Dragondog 21. Hornless unicorn ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS AND THEN CHECK... THE ANSWER KEY! 1. fake 2. fake 3. real... More  →
Are These Animals Real or Fake? Guess.

Dippus and Dashing's Do's and Don'ts of First Dating

By Lauren PassellApril 25, 2012
Dippus and Dashing are best friends, but when it comes to dating, one of them is A-OK and one of them is a DISASTRO. Can you guess which one gets all the hot babes? Dashing brings cash on the first date so that no matter what... More  →
Dippus and Dashing's Do's and Don'ts of First Dating

If the Zombie Apocalypse Happened Tomorrow, I'd Totally Want You On My Team

By Chelsea DaggerApril 24, 2012
HULLO GENTLEBUTTS AND SCHOLARS! ("Gentlebutts" sounded creepier than I meant it to, but there's no turning back now.) I'm going to keep things short and sappy: today is my 2-year anniversary as a Sparkitor, and I want to thank you guys for making the last... More  →
If the Zombie Apocalypse Happened Tomorrow, I'd Totally Want You On My Team

The Secret Journal of Taylor the Emo Blender (April 24, 2012)

By RG DanielsApril 24, 2012
::sigh:: Springtime. I guess. I can’t stop looking at Ariel. She’s the most beautiful teapot I’ve ever seen. When she whistles it’s like a dozen birds are suddenly flying into the horizon, towards a setting sun that reminds me of what it’s like to... More  →
The Secret Journal of Taylor the Emo Blender (April 24, 2012)

Has Lord of the Rings Sold Out?

By ContributorApril 24, 2012
If you’re anything like me, you’ve been marking down the days until the December 14th release of The Hobbit. As the premiere draws nearer, so also will the hype (and merchandise) increase, which leads me to this worrisome question: has The Lord of... More  →
Has Lord of the Rings Sold Out?