Skip over navigation

Open Thread for November 21

By SparkLifeNovember 21, 2011
travelwriter21 is one of the many Sparklers who answered our desperate pleas for more OT pics: Sparkitors! For the love of gravy, here's an open thread pic. I took it while visiting British Columbia a couple of summers ago. (I'm so international!) The road... More  →
Open Thread for November 21

Mega-Awesome-Pumpkin-Zucchini-Chocolate-Bread

By ContributorNovember 18, 2011
bellefleur has the perfect treat for all you pumpkin-lovers out there!— Sparkitors You know you've always wondered what chocolate, pumpkin, and zucchini would taste like together. Okay, maybe you haven't, but I assure you that it's completely delicious. And... More  →
Mega-Awesome-Pumpkin-Zucchini-Chocolate-Bread

Coping Mechanisms for Black Friday

By Rachel KorowitzNovember 18, 2011
Black Friday is already kind of a valiant gauntlet and a nightmare rolled into one. This year, instead of the usual 4am deals, some stores are opening on Thanksgiving night. Yay? And also, yikes? If you plan on diving (or being... More  →
Coping Mechanisms for Black Friday

Auntie SparkNotes: Who Love Updates? WE Love Updates!

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 18, 2011
Here at the secret underground lair of Auntie SparkNotes, there's only thing better than our weekly delivery of amazing letters from advice-seeking Sparklers: hearing back from letter-writers past with exciting news on what's happened since they wrote in! And lately, we've gotten such a spate... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Who Love Updates? WE Love Updates!

Is Talie a Stalker?

This week, Talie's playing with fire! —Sparkitors My dearest, darling-ist sparkle-pies. You know when you see someone and you feel like a fire-cracker goes off in your stomach and it makes it all the way up to your chest? AND THEN your chest tightens... More  →
Is Talie a Stalker?

Megan Goes to the Breaking Dawn Premiere and It Is Both the Best and Worst Experience of Her Life

By Megan PrietzelNovember 18, 2011
As I sit here in front of my computer pondering what I’ve just witnessed, I wonder.  I wonder about life, about the future of art, about how Kristen Stewart manages to blink so often in such a short amount of time. I invite you, sparklers,... More  →
Megan Goes to the Breaking Dawn Premiere and It Is Both the Best and Worst Experience of Her Life

Where To Make Out When It's Cold Out

By Rachel KorowitzNovember 18, 2011
As we head into the wint'riest of seasons (aka "winter"), we say goodbye to the summer days of making out on the beach, in the park, in a hammock, on the mini-golf course, at the pool, in a parking lot, and in that weird little... More  →
Where To Make Out When It's Cold Out

Psychoanalyze This Guy

Faye's got a crush—but wonders if floorcest issomething to worry about. —Sparkitors There’s nothing quite like unintentional nap time. It’s a pretty common occurrence on college campuses. You’re in the library writing an engineering paper, then BAM, you wake up with 65 pages of... More  →
Psychoanalyze This Guy

A Recipe for Making Everyone in the Entire World Hate You (Or at Least All the Cool People)

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 18, 2011
Admit it, Sparklers, you're just too darn likeable. In fact, you're so likeable, you're constantly flocked by throngs of admirers. Believe us, we know how annoying that can be. But don't worry! We're here to help! We've practiced and practiced making people dislike us until... More  →
A Recipe for Making Everyone in the Entire World Hate You (Or at Least All the Cool People)

Ask a Teacher: What Do You Eat for Lunch?

By Miss MahoneyNovember 17, 2011
Q: What do you eat for lunch? Lunch is one of the best parts of my teaching day. I look forward to my lunch every single day, in ways I never did when I was actually in school. When I was a high school student,... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What Do You Eat for Lunch?