Skip over navigation

Poems To Avoid This Valentine's Day

By Jon_SkindzierFebruary 9, 2012
The Valentimes are once again upon us. It is a holiday of thinly-veiled stalking, nude flying babies, and ubiquitous romantic poetry. The stalking and the nude babies are obviously fine, but something must be done about the poetry, because it is... More  →
Poems To Avoid This Valentine's Day

Get Your Culture Pants On and Go to the Opera!

By ContributorFebruary 9, 2012
ChloeChum is a Sparkler with sophisticated taste!—Sparkitors All I wanted for Christmas this year was a ticket to see Opera Australia’s version of Don Giovanni starring the delectable Teddy Tahu Rhodes, and I got my wish: I recently saw... More  →
Get Your Culture Pants On and Go to the Opera!

Read What You Love: A Humble Retraction and a New Beginning (from a Super-Cute Mankler!)

Rafikiwock shares his new perspective on literature (and yes, he IS wearing a Star Wars shirt and a handsome fanny pack in that photograph. 80% of you just swooned, didn't you?)–Sparkitors Dear Sparklers, A while ago, I submitted an article entitled A Literary... More  →
Read What You Love: A Humble Retraction and a New Beginning (from a Super-Cute Mankler!)

10 Important Lessons I Learned from Peter Pan

Just like sumsparkler, we live our lives based on the guidelines presented in Disney movies. Which is why we are changing our name to Mufasa and moving to the Serengeti. Check ya'll later. —Sparkitors I have... More  →
10 Important Lessons I Learned from Peter Pan

Valentine's Songs that Make Me Want to Cry (and Not Because My Ears are Bleeding!)

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 9, 2012
beks405 has come up with the perfect Valentine's Day playlist.  If this doesn't make you go "awwww," then you're probably a bitter singleton. Or just un-mushy. 1. "Thank You" by Led Zeppelin. "If the sun refused to shine, I would still be... More  →
Valentine's Songs that Make Me Want to Cry (and Not Because My Ears are Bleeding!)

Why CDs Are Better Than iPods

Metalhead is on a mission to save good, old-fashioned music. Are you with him?—Sparkitors So recently I was listening to my favorite NPR radio show (yes, I'm a 17-year-old, and I listen to NPR. Don't judge), and I heard a report that major... More  →
Why CDs Are Better Than iPods

15 Pickup Lines For V-Day

By Rachel KorowitzFebruary 8, 2012
You want your Valentine's Day pick-up lines? We got 'em. Bust out these gems to make the girlies swoon and the dudes be all, "How have we never smooshed our faces together before?" Is that Cupid in your pocket, or do you just have really weirdly-shaped pants? You... More  →
15 Pickup Lines For V-Day

How Do You Feel About the Jessica Ahlquist Case?

By Josh PeriloFebruary 8, 2012
Like hunting, shopping malls, and Cinnabon, the separation of church and state has been a unique element of our country’s identity since its founding. Most recently, the fight on both sides of the issue has boiled over with a high school student in... More  →
How Do You Feel About the Jessica Ahlquist Case?

Ask a Teacher: Midterm Advice

By Mr. JonesFebruary 8, 2012
Q: What's the best way to study for a midterm, whether it is English, History, Mathematics, Science, etc., and not freak out, AND get a good score all at once? A: Wow, there’s a lot of pent-up anxiety in that question. The fact that midterm/finals anxiety... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Midterm Advice

Ways To Make It Seem Like You Have a Valentine When You So Don't

By Lauren PassellFebruary 8, 2012
Valentine's Day Season can be rough for two reasons. Either everyone is fighting to be your valentine and it is getting soooo annoying and out-of-control because they hide in your locker and are fattening you up with cupcakes, or nobody is asking you at all... More  →
Ways To Make It Seem Like You Have a Valentine When You So Don't