Search Menu
Menu

Geeky Girl Glam: Hermione Part II, Hair and Jewelry!

By Allison EmmDecember 4, 2012
The highly requested “Hermione at the Yule Ball” tutorial is just too exciting for one slideshow, wouldn’t you agree? This is Part II, where we show you the hair and jewelry. If you missed Part I, my model for this is my baby sister Jenna. She’s taller than me, but s More  →
Geeky Girl Glam: Hermione Part II, Hair and Jewelry!

College Essays: The Recital

By Lauren PassellDecember 4, 2012
Our Sparkler's essay: I wipe my clammy hands on my skirt as I listen to the last notes of the Rondo alla turca by Mozart. I’m up next and although I’ve already done this at least a couple hundred times in my life I’m nervous. “Our next player... More  →
College Essays: The Recital

Quiz: Are You Rude?

By Lisa BernierDecember 3, 2012
Some people are honest. Others are "too" honest. Then there are those who are downright rude—and you might be one of them. Do you need a manners makeover? Take this quiz and find out! 1. When a friend jumps up and down and shouts, "I've received... More  →
Quiz: Are You Rude?

Nose Rings and Other Things We Do Not Want to Find in Our Food

By Valerie BurnDecember 3, 2012
Is there anything better than a greasy breakfast? A Georgia woman recently took her daughter to McDonald’s for breakfast and found a gross, metallic surprise inside: a nose ring. "I turned it and I see this piece of jewelry sticking out," said Frances Rosario,... More  →
Nose Rings and Other Things We Do Not Want to Find in Our Food

The 5 Best Holiday Movies on Netflix

By Josh SorokachDecember 3, 2012
I love the holiday season. Other than the frustrating incongruity of the song Little Drummer Boy (hey, if you don’t have a “gift to bring” don’t sing about it! Pa-Rum-Pa-Pum-DUH!), it’s the greatest season of the year. To honor it properly, I’ve assembled... More  →
The 5 Best Holiday Movies on Netflix

There Will Be an Heir!

By Valerie BurnDecember 3, 2012
Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, aka Princess Kate Middleton, is expecting a baby! The tabloids have been buzzing (lying) about this since she wed Prince William, but the royal couple officially confirmed it in a press release. The family announced it after the princess was admitted... More  →
There Will Be an Heir!

Geeky Girl Glam's FAVE Etsy Picks!

By Allison EmmDecember 3, 2012
Greetings, Masterminds! I’m stepping away from the tutorials for a moment to show you a few of my favorite accessories from the talented artisan nerds on Etsy. Check out these little treasures, then take a look at their shops for more goodies. More  →
Geeky Girl Glam's FAVE Etsy Picks!

QUIZ: How Much Holiday Spirit Do You Have?

By Danielle KraeseDecember 3, 2012
The period between Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve may be known as the season of giving, but it’s also the season of blinding fluorescent lights, Oreo cookies with an unnatural amount of red food coloring, and a never-ending loop of *NSYNC Christmas covers.... More  →
QUIZ: How Much Holiday Spirit Do You Have?

What To Get Your S.O. for Christmas, A FLOW CHART

By Janet ManleyDecember 3, 2012
That time is rolling around again: all-you-can-eat-gingerbread time. Oy. Which means you are going to need to find something to get your S.O. for Christmas that says, "You're a tall drink of water, govna." Your initial instinct might be to go out and buy your... More  →
What To Get Your S.O. for Christmas, A FLOW CHART

25 Reasons to Celebrate December 3rd

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 3, 2012
It’s the last month of 2012 (and our lives, if you believe the ancient Mayans), but there are still pletny of reasons to celebrate. Including... 1. It’s December! December is a month that flies by faster than a caffeinated Superman, and is typically filled with enough... More  →
25 Reasons to Celebrate December 3rd