Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: Setting the Curve

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 10, 2011
Dear Auntie, So, I always set the curve in my bio class on tests. The teacher has a system where she calls out the name of the person who set the curve. The entire class then proceeds to stare at the person who set the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Setting the Curve

Ask a Teacher: When Students Sleep in Class

By Mr. TocheOctober 10, 2011
Q: What do you think when you see a student falling asleep? Do you take it personally? A: What? My classes are so scintillating no one could ever fall asleep! In all seriousness, though, this is not the sort of thing that any decent teacher would take... More  →
Ask a Teacher: When Students Sleep in Class

Guaranteed Original Halloween Costumes

By Brendan EyreOctober 10, 2011
There’s nothing worse than showing up to a Halloween party super jazzed about your Edward Scissorhands costume only to find out that Susan’s boyfriend Courtney (He’s English, it can be a boy’s name there.) has an even better Ed Cutfinger getup and you’re left looking... More  →
Guaranteed Original Halloween Costumes

The Hit List: Beck

By ContributorOctober 10, 2011
Metalhead865 reviews one of our favorite musicians; he's basically saying that we have impeccable taste, right?—Sparkitors It's kind of hard to find a really good blend of genres nowadays; aside from Family Force 5's mix of dance, rap, club, pop, and rock, there's... More  →
The Hit List: Beck

Roommate Drama and Water with Salt

While Faye was writing this post, we were drooling on our dog, who was snoring on our pillow. —Sparkitors Ahh, 11:30 on a Sunday night. The night is young, at least by college student standards. Speaking of standards, I’ve recently lowered mine. Don’t worry, I’m... More  →
Roommate Drama and Water with Salt

Robots That Need To Be Invented

By Lucy HutchinsonOctober 10, 2011
You know what's amazing? We live in the age of robots, and no one really cares. There are robots in our homes RIGHT NOW, vacuuming our floors and monitoring our cats while we're away and hiding in our closets with glowing... More  →
Robots That Need To Be Invented

Three Awesome Apocalypse Situations That Got Totally Shafted By Zombies

Nicole_Lyn: we want you to write and direct blockbuster movies about all of the following scenarios. We also want you to cast us in the role of the dolphin-pirate-robot. We smell an OSCAR.Or TWENTY Oscars.—Sparkitors Everybody wants the apocalypse... More  →
Three Awesome Apocalypse Situations That Got Totally Shafted By Zombies

Memorize the Quadratic Formula and Always Walk Fast (Plus Other Valuable Advice From Ginger)

I'm not going to lie: I wasn't the biggest fan of high school, and it didn't like me so much either. (We're not exactly on speaking terms at the moment.) But I'm not an unreasonable person; I'm willing to admit that some of the things... More  →
Memorize the Quadratic Formula and Always Walk Fast (Plus Other Valuable Advice From Ginger)

Boys Are Terrible At Texting (and Other Revelations from My Brief Relationship with Stupid McLoserPants)

In the last installment of her epic saga, Sunshine_AZ shared the most squee-worthy kiss EVER with Charlie—so how did it all go so wrong? You're about to find out!—Sparkitors I wish I could have ended the story with the last post.... More  →
Boys Are Terrible At Texting (and Other Revelations from My Brief Relationship with Stupid McLoserPants)

Open Thread for October 10

By SparkLifeOctober 10, 2011
jtjuvenile sent this intricate drawing with no explanation—it was simply titled "stress". We're not entirely sure what's happening here—elephant feet? Snowflakes? Girls on ladders? A circus tent, maybe?—but whatever it is, we like it. And you know what? We think that it captures... More  →
Open Thread for October 10