Skip over navigation

Ask Jono: Figuring Out Mixed Signal Guy

By Jon_SkindzierMay 6, 2011
(Subject line: You are brave young dragon. But mine is the stronger gung-fu) Dear Jono, I hope you enjoyed the subject line. It is probably the most entertaining thing about this email. Anywho, I have a question! There's this guy (I bet >99% of emails you receive... More  →
Ask Jono: Figuring Out Mixed Signal Guy

You Know You're a Military Kid When...

By ContributorMay 6, 2011
hermionerules5 is here to tell us what it's like to move around every couple of years ...and it doesn't sound that bad! —Sparkitors While reading past "You Know You're a...When" posts, I noticed there was no article about life as... More  →
You Know You're a Military Kid When...

You Know You're From San Jose When...

Erica:), we suspect you work for the San Jose board of tourism. And we think you deserve a promotion! –Sparkitors Though not everyone knows it, this city is in one of the largest centers of technology in the world—Silicon Valley! This means that my... More  →
You Know You're From San Jose When...

In Defense of Fan Fiction

It's no secret that Dan Bergstein ain't an aficionado of fan fiction, but Duckster's_Rave has a few arguments that might change his mind!—Sparkitors A few weeks ago, if anyone told me that I’d be more than a little angry at the... More  →
In Defense of Fan Fiction

Flirting Online, with Mixed Results

By ContributorMay 5, 2011
Lunar Circus drew this picture, people. He is truly a renaissance unicorn! —Sparkitors Sparklers, something fantastical has happened. Something both marvelous and terrible. Every year, on the anniversary of LaserBeam’s first hoofing (kind of like a bar mitzvah for unicorns), the two... More  →
Flirting Online, with Mixed Results

BAM: The Word That Became A Phenomenon That Became Really, Really Annoying

By Chelsea DaggerMay 5, 2011
Don't even try to deny it: you're addicted to the BAM. You're jonesin' for the BAM in your veins.The BAM is your 24-hour non-drowsy Benadryl (that's the hardest drug we're allowed to mention on this site). The BAM is your king. The BAM is your... More  →
BAM: The Word That Became A Phenomenon That Became Really, Really Annoying

Okay, You Win: We've Extended The Prom Photo Deadline!

Well, you sparkling cabbage-heads have the persuasive powers of tiny, whiny Jedis; your noble pleading has convinced us to push the prom photo deadline to MONDAY, MAY 16. We know that some of you will still miss... More  →
Okay, You Win: We've Extended The Prom Photo Deadline!

You Know You're From South Carolina When...

Dirt bikes, Go Karts, and monster trucks, Katie B.? You really know how to get around in the South! –Sparkitors South Carolina is usually recognized for being the first state to secede during the Civil War—something that most people are still proud of. But there's... More  →
You Know You're From South Carolina When...

Neville And Draco Are Trapped In A Well With A Pogo Stick. This Shizz Just Got Interesting.

Chelsea Dagger is awfully sorry to have missed the Tank last week, butterbeans, but she's here now, munching on apologetic cherry tomatoes and weeping quietly like usual, and that's all that matters. She even cooked up a shiny new riddle-thang for you to puzzle over,... More  →
Neville And Draco Are Trapped In A Well With A Pogo Stick. This Shizz Just Got Interesting.

What It's Really Like To Attend An English Boarding School

We totally thought that English boarding school would be EXACTLY like Hogwarts—but Sushii24 tells us the real deal.—Sparkitors I’m currently an A-level student in a private English boarding school in the countryside.I went to boarding school hoping for midnight feasts and... More  →
What It's Really Like To Attend An English Boarding School