Skip over navigation

Debunking the Myths about Dancers

By ContributorDecember 13, 2011
Everything we knew about dancers, we learned from Black Swan. sErEniPiTy103's post has opened our eyes! –Sparkitors I’m a dancer, and I’ve noticed that people have a lot of ideas—right and wrong—about my kind. I’m here to separate the fact from the fiction when... More  →
Debunking the Myths about Dancers

How to Be the Most Awkward Person Ever To Set Foot on the Quiet Study Floor of the Library

dac213 is an expert at amping up the awkward. Read on to follow in her absurdly loud footsteps!—Sparkitors If you’re like me, you’re a painfully awkward college freshie who prefers to study in a quiet environment while listening to... More  →
How to Be the Most Awkward Person Ever To Set Foot on the Quiet Study Floor of the Library

Excellent Instrumental Music

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 13, 2011
LadyLuckytheFlutie thinks that instrumental music is extremely underrated. So here's a playlist consisting of only-instrumental music and songs that have amazing instrumental bits! Happy listening! 1. "Pirates of the Caribbean" performed by the Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra. This is a medley of... More  →
Excellent Instrumental Music

The Pros and Cons of Being Editor-In-Chief

Nicole_Lyn runs the raddest newspaper in town—and if you join, you'll even get your own name tag. YES, SERIOUSLY.—Sparkitors Every self-respecting high school has a school newspaper, and you language-loving Sparklers better believe it. And the school newspaper, much... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Being Editor-In-Chief

What Is Charm and How Can I Get It?

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 12, 2011
Charm is that elusive, hard-to-define, but highly sought-after attribute that many attempt but few achieve. Like the narwhal of character traits, you're not really sure how to explain it, but you'll know it when you see it. It is that je ne sais... More  →
What Is Charm and How Can I Get It?

An Engaging Stare

By ContributorDecember 12, 2011
The life of Talie is NEVER free of drama. —Sparkitors Dear all boys in the entire world (above the age of 11), In behalf of myself, and (I'm pretty sure) all of the girls that exist, I desperately need you to clear something up for... More  →
An Engaging Stare

Ask a Teacher: What Is Your Budget as a Teacher?

By Mr. JungDecember 12, 2011
Q: What are your resources/budget as a teacher? Are you sometimes stuck using textbooks you hate? A: I believe I can answer the first question pretty quickly: aside from a copy budget that, at best, lasts the first two weeks of class, the sole resources I... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What Is Your Budget as a Teacher?

5 Reasons The Hunger Games Doesn't Live Up to the Hype

Cheeto_rings might be the only person we know who didn't LOVE this book. Will her reasoning change your mind, or will you defend Katniss to the death?—Sparkitors At the urging of my sister and my friends, I recently read The Hunger Games—and I've got... More  →
5 Reasons The Hunger Games Doesn't Live Up to the Hype

Dubstep: The More You Try To Hate It, The More Awesome It Gets

Metalhead needs to break his addiction to dub, and writing about it might be the only cure.—Sparkitors Reicherroo, whatever happened to you? As long as YOU'RE gone, I have to take care of the sarcastic bashing of various musical... More  →
Dubstep: The More You Try To Hate It, The More Awesome It Gets

The Best Songs from Musicals

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 12, 2011
We'reAllintheDance loves theater, so it comes as no surprise that all of her songs are from musicals. And since we know some of you Sparklers love musicals, we'd better hear some love in the comments (either that, or angry rage that your favorite... More  →
The Best Songs from Musicals