Skip over navigation

How Not To Get Someone To Like You

By Brendan EyreOctober 11, 2011
It’s hard to go a day without seeing an article about how to win someone’s heart. How to get the person you like to notice you, where to go on a first date, how to ask a guy or girl to prom, these are all... More  →
How Not To Get Someone To Like You

Blind Sight

By ContributorOctober 11, 2011
Lonks battled bravely out from under a mountain of homework to write this post and put herself one book closer to achieving her goal!—Sparkitors Book #58: Blind Sight Authors: Meg Howrey Reason for Reading: I met this author at the same book... More  →
Blind Sight

Is It Time to Ditch Your Awful (Potentially Psychotic) Roomie?

By Rachel KorowitzOctober 11, 2011
It's about two months into school, and while you're curled up with friends watching Russian Unicorn for the jillionth time, your roomie's busy giving you the stink-eye and licking her Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. It may seem like you should bail, but before you get... More  →
Is It Time to Ditch Your Awful (Potentially Psychotic) Roomie?

Ask a Teacher: What Surprises You Most About Teenagers?

By Mr. JungOctober 11, 2011
Q: What Surprises You Most About Teenagers? A: I am surprised by your pragmatism and startling efficiency at accomplishing goals. Surprised, impressed, and slightly unnerved. Take it as both a significant compliment and a source of profound worry on my part. During office hours, students will often... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What Surprises You Most About Teenagers?

Open Thread for October 11

By SparkLifeOctober 11, 2011
jayt919 sent in this adorable pic with the following caption: This is a photo I took from the Pixar: 25 Years of Animation exhibition at my local museum. It was an awesomesauce trip and I believe it's a 'travelling exhibition' so check it out! Our... More  →
Open Thread for October 11

Auntie SparkNotes: Setting the Curve

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 10, 2011
Dear Auntie, So, I always set the curve in my bio class on tests. The teacher has a system where she calls out the name of the person who set the curve. The entire class then proceeds to stare at the person who set the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Setting the Curve

Ask a Teacher: When Students Sleep in Class

By Mr. TocheOctober 10, 2011
Q: What do you think when you see a student falling asleep? Do you take it personally? A: What? My classes are so scintillating no one could ever fall asleep! In all seriousness, though, this is not the sort of thing that any decent teacher would take... More  →
Ask a Teacher: When Students Sleep in Class

Guaranteed Original Halloween Costumes

By Brendan EyreOctober 10, 2011
There’s nothing worse than showing up to a Halloween party super jazzed about your Edward Scissorhands costume only to find out that Susan’s boyfriend Courtney (He’s English, it can be a boy’s name there.) has an even better Ed Cutfinger getup and you’re left looking... More  →
Guaranteed Original Halloween Costumes

The Hit List: Beck

By ContributorOctober 10, 2011
Metalhead865 reviews one of our favorite musicians; he's basically saying that we have impeccable taste, right?—Sparkitors It's kind of hard to find a really good blend of genres nowadays; aside from Family Force 5's mix of dance, rap, club, pop, and rock, there's... More  →
The Hit List: Beck

Roommate Drama and Water with Salt

By ContributorOctober 10, 2011
While Faye was writing this post, we were drooling on our dog, who was snoring on our pillow. —Sparkitors Ahh, 11:30 on a Sunday night. The night is young, at least by college student standards. Speaking of standards, I’ve recently lowered mine. Don’t worry, I’m... More  →
Roommate Drama and Water with Salt