Skip over navigation
Prom

Somebody Call the President: Voldemort Just Won the Hunger Games

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 23, 2012
KA-BLAM. That was the sound of me putting all three of last week's prompts into one giganticly (made that word up!) awesome title. No, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but neither does the fact that Andrew Garfield has somehow managed to... More  →
Somebody Call the President: Voldemort Just Won the Hunger Games

Atheism for Dummies

By ContributorJanuary 23, 2012
Nicole—Lyn has never been one to shy away from hot-button topics; check out her take on this traditionally touchy subject!—Sparkitors ‘Ello there, fellow Sparklers! Do you know what time it is? It’s semi-serious post time! [Insert a catchy, alternative rock/pop... More  →
Atheism for Dummies

Music Festivals Nobody Attended

By Brandon SpecktorJanuary 23, 2012
Would you could you on a boat? Would you could you on a freakin' mountaintop in the middle of freakin’ winter? This year many music fans answered these questions with a hearty, "Yes, here's my mom's credit card" as the popularity of multi-day... More  →
Music Festivals Nobody Attended

Commence Sobbing: Movie Moments That Guarantee Waterworks

By Molly HoranJanuary 23, 2012
Sometimes, you just need a good cry—and we're not talkin' about one of those "a single dainty tear steaks down your cheek" deals, but the kind of sobbing that leaves your face so puffy you look like your having an allergic reaction to your own... More  →
Commence Sobbing: Movie Moments That Guarantee Waterworks

Ask a Teacher: Have You Ever Taken a Pointless Class?

By Mr. JungJanuary 23, 2012
Q: When you were in school, did you ever take a class that you felt was utterly pointless to your life? If so, how did you get through it? A: Yes, indeed. In my experience, the feeling that certain things are utterly pointless to my life... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Have You Ever Taken a Pointless Class?

Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield: the Cutest Geeks in Hollwood?

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 23, 2012
If we could trade places with anyone in the world (and Dan Bergstein and Boo the Dog weren't options), we'd go with Emma Stone, hands down. She's not only insanely gorgeous and indisputably talented, but also (as far as we can... More  →
Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield: the Cutest Geeks in Hollwood?

The Pre-Prom Workout

By Josh PeriloJanuary 23, 2012
It’s almost that time of year again! Yes, National Secretary Appreciation Month is almost here. But besides that, it’s almost time for prom. I know, I know. You’re all shouting at me in unison, “we have months to go before one of the... More  →
The Pre-Prom Workout

Cheers To The 10 Best Geeks Ever

By Lauren PassellJanuary 20, 2012
Being a geek is way harder than it looks. It takes more than a vest and some glasses and some cheese-addictions and some suspenders and some tubas and some books and some sailor hats and the highest IQ ever but gosh do those things help.... More  →
Cheers To The 10 Best Geeks Ever

A Seinfeld Primer for the Uninitiated

By ContributorJanuary 20, 2012
WoodytheWoodChuck, you've been reading our diaries. There's always time to watch a show about nothing! –Sparkitors If you're the type of person who has, well, a limited number of friends, owns a TV, and has lots and lots of time—someone like, say, ME—then you... More  →
A Seinfeld Primer for the Uninitiated

How to Be a Nerdfighter

By ContributorJanuary 20, 2012
flyergirl13 has finally cleared up the nerdfighter mystery for us. Ready to decrease worldsuck?—Sparkitors In honor of Geek Week, I'm going to tell you all about the best kind of nerd culture there is. And no, I don't mean a culture of... More  →
How to Be a Nerdfighter