Skip over navigation

Austrian Death Machine-Your New Favorite Band?

By ContributorJuly 26, 2011
Reicherroo may have just become our favorite new music critic. Step aside, Lester Bangs.—Sparkitors Becoming successful in the music business is like doing a carefully calculated experiment, and, akin to your chemistry labs in school, most of... More  →
Austrian Death Machine-Your New Favorite Band?

How To Deal With Other People's Annoying Behaviors

By Jon_SkindzierJuly 26, 2011
Most people have at least a few aggravating traits. Some folks share way too much personal information; others shower only when they happen to find themselves already standing in the shower, for unrelated reasons. Some people treat conversation as though it were... More  →
How To Deal With Other People's Annoying Behaviors

Pick Laura's Personal Essay!

Laura, aka rosefan42, is a British Sparkler applying to Yale. This week she needs your help on her personal essay! —Sparkitors And so, at last, we come to the post you've all been waiting for. The post that is so important,... More  →
Pick Laura's Personal Essay!

The Guy's Guide to Summer Productivity

JackJumpsCandle gives you a rare look into the riveting world of a teen guy on summer break.—Sparkitors As a typical teen guy going into my sophomore year, my summer days usually consist of little more than video games, eating,... More  →
The Guy's Guide to Summer Productivity

Writer Wars: You Guys Make the Brothers Grimm Look Like Total Amateurs

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 26, 2011
I can't BELIEVE that no one chose to re-write the greatest fairy tale of all time, Flubber. COME ON, PEOPLE. It was a Robin Williams CLASSIC—though I would have been just as a happy with sometime taking a chance and putting a modern... More  →
Writer Wars: You Guys Make the Brothers Grimm Look Like Total Amateurs

Open Thread for July 26

By SparkLifeJuly 26, 2011
Allow us to translate Stanley the Robot's incoherent ramblings: DANGER, WILL ROBINSON. WE ARE OUT OF OPEN THREAD PICTURES. If you've got cute, funny, or righteously awesome photographs, send 'em our way with your username and a brief... More  →
Open Thread for July 26

What To Do When You Miss Your S.O.

By ContributorJuly 25, 2011
BonnieBellez, we can't get over your first DO. ...We're DOing it now! —Sparkitors Summertime is full of laughter, smiles, and days spent with friends. Summer flings are common and encouraged. But sometimes you have something deeper than a fling, and sometimes you are separated... More  →
What To Do When You Miss Your S.O.

10 Ways to Annoy Your History Teacher

We love this simple list from dac213, though we feel terrible for her teacher. —Sparkitors I spent the year in a history class with three of the most annoying boys in my grade. If I learned anything from them, it's how to get on... More  →
10 Ways to Annoy Your History Teacher

The Five Types of Chat Room Users

jtjuvenile is an expert on interwebz socializing; we could all learn a lot from this girl.—Sparkitors After visiting several different anonymous chat rooms, I have collected sufficient evidence to state that 3/4 of the people online suffer from the... More  →
The Five Types of Chat Room Users

ACNE: The Finale (There Will Be Actual Fireworks)

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 25, 2011
Okay, so there won't be actual fireworks. Actual fireworks are illegal and incredibly dangerous, especially when your sweat happens to be flammable (it's like I perspire kerosene, really). But there WILL be figurative fireworks, which are almost as fun, and not nearly as frightening to... More  →
ACNE: The Finale (There Will Be Actual Fireworks)