Skip over navigation

Ask Jono: Getting Over a Crush

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 19, 2011
Dear Jono, So there's this girl that I met at a summer camp, and I really like her. But while we were at camp, my cabin mates told me that they heard her say that she wasn't interested in dating, but I can't know for sure... More  →
Ask Jono: Getting Over a Crush

How Dan Bergstein Saved My Year

By ContributorAugust 19, 2011
fns112 writes of an act of hilarious heroism; just another day in the life of Bergstein. –Sparkitors This is the tale of how Dan Bergstein saved my junior year. I'll begin at the beginning: I'm one of those reasonably intelligent people who hangs out with people... More  →
How Dan Bergstein Saved My Year

The Perks and Perils of Being Tan

cheezepleeze is basically a bronzed goddess year-round. Us and our pasty elbows are trying VERY hard not to be jealous.—Sparkitors I know my title doesn't sound as good as The Perks and Perils of Being Pale, but... More  →
The Perks and Perils of Being Tan

Nice Guys Finish First: How to NOT Be A Scuzzbag

TanTan does a favor for ladies everywhere and tells dudes to tone down the tool 'tude. (That alliteration was awful, but we apologize for nothing.)—Sparkitors I had a terrible dream last night. It involved clowns, zombies, hula-hooping leprechauns, and scuzzbags. Lots... More  →
Nice Guys Finish First: How to NOT Be A Scuzzbag

Thank You For Not Being an Idiot, Dan

Colleen, we're pretty sure that Dan is going to frame this post and hang it above his jello mold collection.—Sparkitors So, here's the thing. In my day to day life, I'm surrounded by idiots. Maybe that's mean, but I think it's honest. The people... More  →
Thank You For Not Being an Idiot, Dan

The Pros and Cons of Babysitting

EmilyP summons up an amazing amount of enthusiasm for a job that frequently involves poop. –Sparkitors Though I'll tell anyone who cares to listen that babysitting is the best job EVER, that doesn't mean it's without its downside. In the interest of helping all... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Babysitting

A Day in the Life of a Freelance Writer

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 18, 2011
After reading my article, Dan's Advice for Aspiring Writers, you should be well on your way to becoming a writer. What type of life can you look forward to? Here’s a peek into my average day. 10:00 a.m. Wake up. The nice thing about... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Freelance Writer

Dan Destroyed My English Essay (But He Also Sort of Got Me a Job, Indirectly)

By ElodieAugust 18, 2011
Let me paint you a little picture: it’s a late summer’s night, and I’m a hot mess. In fact, I’m teetering somewhere between "okay, it's cool, I can finish this essay on time" and "SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, THIS ESSAY IS GNAWING AWAY AT MY... More  →
Dan Destroyed My English Essay (But He Also Sort of Got Me a Job, Indirectly)

The Best Of SparkLife: Quotes Edition

By ContributorAugust 18, 2011
lia.lovegood has put together a priceless collection of some of the most hilarious words ever written on SparkLife. You better put on your laughing pants.—Sparkitors I'm just an average teenager who is (GASP!) completely obsessed with the Harry Potter phenomenon and reading in general.... More  →
The Best Of SparkLife: Quotes Edition

Ode to Dan Bergstein

By ContributorAugust 18, 2011
alexsarcastic221, we second all of these emotions. —Sparkitors Dan, oh Dan, how shall I describe thee? With your luscious brown beard come sit here beside me. Tell me of werewolves and jetpacks and swords Of wizards named Harry and dark, evil lords While Edward and Jacob and Bella... More  →
Ode to Dan Bergstein