Search Menu
Menu

5 Awesome Insights From the Writer of Beautiful Creatures

By Josh PeriloNovember 8, 2012
If you're like us, you are MORE THAN PSYCHED for the movie version of Beautiful Creatures. Crazy magic in the south. Emmy Rossum casting spells. Jeremy Irons in a cool white suit. What's not to love? We recently sat down with Margaret Stohl,... More  →
5 Awesome Insights From the Writer of Beautiful Creatures

Let's Help This Musician with Her College Application Essay!

By Larry MNovember 8, 2012
Essay Prompt: A range of academic interests, personal perspectives, and life experiences adds much to the educational mix. Given your personal background, describe an experience that illustrates what you would bring... More  →
Let's Help This Musician with Her College Application Essay!

Which Star Wars Character Are You?

By Becky FerreiraNovember 7, 2012
By now, you've all heard the big news: in 2015, the world will once again travel a long time ago to a galaxy far away. Disney has announced their new Star Wars trilogy, which will carry on where The Return of the Jedi left off.... More  →
Which Star Wars Character Are You?

5 "Unfilmable" Books That Got Filmed Anyway

By ChauntonNovember 7, 2012
Clous Atlas came out recently and, despite concerns that the complex and layered book would prove “unfilmable,” Americans were willing to shell out over 10 million dollars to see how it turned out (which isn't great news for them, by the way, since it cost... More  →
5 "Unfilmable" Books That Got Filmed Anyway

Quiz: Who's Your Feminist Icon?

By Kathryn_WilliamsNovember 7, 2012
It's kind of funny (in a hrmm way, not a haha way) that half the world has a uterus, and yet we have a whole classification of people (feminists) who became icons just for standing up for that uterus... More  →
Quiz: Who's Your Feminist Icon?

They Make Buildings Out of WHAT?!

By Beth MishlerNovember 7, 2012
Ever wonder how to build something using the dehydrated blood of a cow? Or how to make something out of dryer lint, or already chewed gum? If yes, have we got the list for you! If no, then what are you? Some kind of weirdo?... More  →
They Make Buildings Out of WHAT?!

Let's Conquer Your Fear of Spiders

By reidfaylorNovember 7, 2012
FROM: violet_not_purple I have auditions for my school musical in a week and a half. I've been in a lot of plays, but no musicals. What should I do to prepare for auditions? If you want this role, you can’t just impress the casting director,... More  →
Let's Conquer Your Fear of Spiders

25 Reasons to Celebrate November 7th

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 7, 2012
Wednesdays are always rough, but there are still reasons to be happy today. There are 25 reasons, to be exact. They are as follows: 1. The election is over. You can agree or disagree with the outcome, but the real issue is that in 2016, who... More  →
25 Reasons to Celebrate November 7th

SparkCon!!!

By StickShiftGuyNovember 7, 2012

Dear Most Honorable Sparkitors,

We the undersigned Sparklers/Manklers respectfully request that you organize a Sparknotes Convention for all Sparklers/Manklers to come, meet each other, and generally have fun for sometime during the summer.  

* We, your humble, easily entertained disciples; the Sparklers,

... More  →

Hugs for the Sparkitors

By My-Fair-GoogieNovember 7, 2012

Dear Sparkitors,

We, as your dedicated Sparklerheads, wanted to let you know that we hope weathered it through the storm safely. You and everyone in harms way have been in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, everything will be back to normal soon. Thank you so much

... More  →