Menu

What Happens if a Teacher Suspects Abuse?

By Mr. JonesNovember 1, 2012
Q: “What would a teacher do if they see a student go through an abusive situation but they don't want to report it?” A: A teacher will and should report it. Always. If I were to ask you what’s the paramount priority of any adult in a school,... More  →
What Happens if a Teacher Suspects Abuse?

Status Updates After Sandy

By Emily WinterNovember 1, 2012
Greetings from under a pile of blankets in my exboyfriend's apartment—the only place within walking distance that has working internet. Thank you so much for thinking of us Sparkitors during post-Frankenstorm. Here's a little status update: -Our office in downtown Manhattan has no power. We're... More  →
Status Updates After Sandy

New Star Wars Film in 2015: Good Idea, or Not?

By Gabriel LaksOctober 31, 2012
Disney just announced that it will purchase George Lucas' Lucasfilm for the nothing to sneeze at sum of $4.05 billion.  And if that's not enough "wait, what?" news for you, Disney also announced that come 2015 it will release Star Wars Episode VII: the movie... More  →
New Star Wars Film in 2015: Good Idea, or Not?

Open Thread For October 31

By rainmanOctober 31, 2012

Hmm... I am changing this to Open Thread for October 31.

Enjoy the picture of the flower from my garden!

... More  →

Twitter Recap: Hurricane Sandy Edition

By Josh SorokachOctober 30, 2012
Hello friends. First, I hope that everybody reading this is safe and sound. We east coasters are a resilient bunch, and I know we'll get through this with grace and aplomb. Second... wait, seriously west coast? Relax, I wasn't saying you're not resilient. Of course... More  →
Twitter Recap: Hurricane Sandy Edition

Best Awful Movies to Watch When Trapped Indoors

By Lisa BernierOctober 30, 2012
You're stuck at home because a) everything is closed b) mass transit is down and c) the weather people have ordered you to stay indoors OR ELSE. Hyperbolic news coverage aside, you've watched all the seasons of Doctor Who ten times, you've replayed Star Wars... More  →
Best Awful Movies to Watch When Trapped Indoors

Watch As Science Debunks "Ghosts" and "Hauntings"!

By Becky FerreiraOctober 30, 2012
Becky's at it again as she retells a real life ghost story. At the end of this one, however, science prevails and shows us how some unexplainable phenomena are... well... ... More  →
Watch As Science Debunks "Ghosts" and "Hauntings"!

Check Out This Tech-Savvy Bad Weather Gear

By Beth MishlerOctober 30, 2012
Aw, hail, no, Masterminds! As the late, great Ned Stark once said: “Winter is coming.”  And with it, all kinds of crazy, unpredictable weather. Like, say, a rogue hurricane hitting New York City and the surrounding tri-state area. So, we thought we’d highlight some snazzy... More  →
Check Out This Tech-Savvy Bad Weather Gear

Open Thread for October 30

By rainmanOctober 30, 2012
Looks like I get to put up the OT today. Because of Hurican Sandy, I thought people might need chearing up, so I decided to use this picture of a happy koala from the selection of sample pictures that came with my computer. Stay safe... More  →

The Worst Halloween Costume Cheats

By Lisa BernierOctober 30, 2012
Ok, you're not one of those people who's super into dressing up. You don't spend months scouring the Interwebs for that perfect greatcoat to complete your Torchwood Captain Jack persona. You're more low key, and that is perfectly valid. However, there's a difference between being... More  →
The Worst Halloween Costume Cheats