Search Menu
Menu

Top 5 Gigantic, Huge-mendous Wastes of Money, Ever

By Lisa BernierNovember 23, 2012
Recently, Apple paid $21 million to Swiss Rail to use a clock design (because Apple somehow doesn't have designers to create their own iconic clock face). This gargantuan waste of money got us thinking: what other gigant-o spends make the Silas Marner in all... More  →
Top 5 Gigantic, Huge-mendous Wastes of Money, Ever

Updating the Guess Who Gameboard for the Rise of the Hipster

By Janet ManleyNovember 23, 2012
Some people are upset that Guess Who has too few women on the gameboard, and that of the women that are on the board, babes in berets (Maria), patrician gallery owners (Susan), ambiguously non-white divas (Anne, “snap!”) and young-Tara-Reids (Anita) are over-represented. Frankly,... More  →
Updating the Guess Who Gameboard for the Rise of the Hipster

11 Fun Things To Do This Thanksgiving

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 22, 2012
Instead of the yearly bickering match over how to cook the turkey, have family members take their grievances into an elaborate arena and fight it out... Hunger Games style. More  →
11 Fun Things To Do This Thanksgiving

Fall, Represented in Charts and Diagrams

By Janet ManleyNovember 22, 2012
If you missed the freakish snow dumps of Frankenstorm, the smell of cloves and pomegranates in your local bank must by now have made it clear that WE ARE EXPERIENCING FALL. Crack out your gingerbread-colored onesie, and commence eating onions, turnips, and squash for the n More  →
Fall, Represented in Charts and Diagrams

5 Reasons Why Turkeys Are the Greatest Threat to American Security

By ChauntonNovember 22, 2012
The day of the great turkey consumption festival approaches in the United States, but we come to you today with dire warnings. Turkeys have long plotted the downfall of our species. We have met the enemy, and it is delicious! They Know Our Secrets Turkeys (or least... More  →
5 Reasons Why Turkeys Are the Greatest Threat to American Security

25 Reasons to be Thankful on November 22nd!

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 22, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving! Here are reason to be thankful today: 1. Music! Without music, pianos would just be fancy, stringy desks. 2. The internet! Without the internet, you would be looking at a blank screen right now and your family would worry about you. Also, the internet tells... More  →
25 Reasons to be Thankful on November 22nd!

These Magicians are HORRIBLE!

By Vadim NewquistNovember 21, 2012
We here at MindHut would like to take the time to wholeheartedly apologize for these magicians. They are excruciatingly horrible. Honestly, we really wanted to put together an awesome magic show for you guys, but everyone who auditioned was like this. In short, it was a fias More  →
These Magicians are HORRIBLE!

Ask Jono: What Does "Intimidating" Mean?

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 21, 2012
Hey Jono! So I think your articles are the best thing since hamster-sized pandas (okay not yet, but one day soon), and I only wish you would write more. Haha no, I lied, I would also like you to answer my question. Recently, as I... More  →
Ask Jono: What Does "Intimidating" Mean?

AND We Have a Hot Stock Boy Winner!

By Kathryn_WilliamsNovember 21, 2012
I wish you could have seen the dramatic suspense with which I totaled your votes in the final Hot Stock Boy Bracket match-up, Sparklers. Never have I tallied with such baited breath. At first, I was all "the guy on the left with... More  →
AND We Have a Hot Stock Boy Winner!

Let's Help This Sparkler with Her Life Story!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 21, 2012
College essay prompt: There may be personal information you want considered as part of your admissions application. Write an essay describing that information. You might include exceptional hardships, challenges, or opportunities that have shaped or impacted your abilities or academic credentials, personal responsibilities, exceptional achievements... More  →
Let's Help This Sparkler with Her Life Story!