Skip over navigation

How To Be a Snooty Film Person

By Jon_SkindzierSeptember 21, 2011
Welcome to Jono's SparkLife Academy class! Prepare to become pretentious. —Sparkitors Due to a series of increasingly bad decisions, the thing I am most qualified to talk about is film studies, which is the discipline of explaining why no movies are any good and then... More  →
How To Be a Snooty Film Person

Back to School, and Making the Most of It

By ContributorSeptember 21, 2011
Unless you're so deep in back-to-school hell that you're sweating ink, BeeHappy94's advice will brighten your day. –Sparkitors So long as you don't live under a rock located in the deepest part of the ocean, right now you're being accosted by commercials claiming that... More  →
Back to School, and Making the Most of It

The Chronicles of Me, Failing Epically at Walking

carrieaimelire is one of the funniest new Sparklers on the  block (and apparently also the clumsiest.) Check out her recent pants-hating post right here!—Sparkitors High school students are famously uncoordinated. In almost every overdone Hollywood movie about teenagers,... More  →
The Chronicles of Me, Failing Epically at Walking

Pirate Metal: Arrrr You Listening? (We Apologize For That Title)

reicherroo ain't exactly Captain Hook, but that doesn't stop her from enjoying these swashbucklin' tunes. (We're using the word "enjoying" loosely, here.)—Sparkitors Avast me hearties! Yo ho! Arrgh! …I’m sorry, I’m from  suburbia. My experience with pirates is limited.... More  →
Pirate Metal: Arrrr You Listening? (We Apologize For That Title)

Ask a Teacher: What Do You Wear Outside of School?

By Mr. NavidarSeptember 21, 2011
Q: What kind of clothes do you wear outside of school? A: I wear a suit to school every day. To preserve a perception of authority, I wear that suit everywhere. That way, my students will never confuse or underestimate my level of authority… even if... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What Do You Wear Outside of School?

Vote Megan Prietzel for Principal! EXCEPT SHE ALREADY IS.

By Megan PrietzelSeptember 21, 2011
Dearest Sparklers, it has been unanimously decided that I, Megan Pretzel Prietzel the First, will hold the position of principal at SparkLife Academy. My Legolas poster and I were in total agreement. He also thinks I’m the prettiest girl in the world. As your principal, I... More  →
Vote Megan Prietzel for Principal!  EXCEPT SHE ALREADY IS.

Harry, A History

Lonks knows that we can't get enough of Harry Potter; she feeds our need with book 56!—Sparkitors Book #56: Harry, A History Author: Melissa Anelli Reason for Reading: In case you haven't picked up on it yet, I'll spell it out for you: I... More  →
Harry, A History

6 Things They Don't Tell You About Hunting

By Kathryn_WilliamsSeptember 20, 2011
As a kid, I didn't eat red meat for eight years, starting when my vegetarian brother mooed at me through an entire meal of veal at a very expensive restaurant my parents had taken us to while on vacation. (It was the 80's;... More  →
6 Things They Don't Tell You About Hunting

Upcoming Events at SparkLife Academy!

By ContributorSeptember 20, 2011
Theatregeek_bookworm<3 presents this week's agenda—feel free to add in pillow fights and ice cream sundae banquets whenever you see fit!—Sparkitors Good afternoon, fellow Sparkler students, and welcome to another bright, beautiful day here at SparkLife Academy! Here are some... More  →
Upcoming Events at SparkLife Academy!

Metalhead Reviews Mystery Science Theater 3000

By ContributorSeptember 20, 2011
There is nothing that Metalhead865 is not an expert on. It makes us feel hopelessly inadequate.—Sparkitors Music? Check. Video games? Check. Crushes? Check. What's left? TV. Yes, even I, the great Metalhead865, watch TV. But I'm... More  →
Metalhead Reviews Mystery Science Theater 3000