Skip over navigation

A Guide to Surviving Senior Year

By ContributorMay 18, 2012
As I'm nearing the end of my senior year, I can't help but reminisce on this last year and the moments of craze I’ve endured.  After having quite a few random outbursts in class, remembering yet another missed assignment or deadline (in which everyone... More  →
A Guide to Surviving Senior Year

How to Get Your Dream Job

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 18, 2012
It's Jobs Week here at SparkLife (TGIF, 'miright?), so like all good employees, I decided to shunt off my work on someone who actually knows what she's talking about. My friend Laura Dodd wrote a book called Dig This Gig about... More  →
How to Get Your Dream Job

What Did Auntie Do Before She Was Auntie? Find Out!

By kat_rosenfieldMay 18, 2012
My first real job was as a cleaning lady at a doctor's office. Every two weeks I would go over after hours to vacuum, wipe down cabinets and countertops, empty the trash, and dust the computers. I quit when it turned out that being alone, at night, in a deserted office full More  →
What Did Auntie Do Before She Was Auntie? Find Out!

Current Events: Romney the Bully; Regulate the Banks

By ContributorMay 18, 2012
Hi everyone! It has been a fun week. There’s more news than I could fit in the full OED, but before I jump in, I have to mention: Obama and gay marriage. I know you have already heard, and I fully support SparkLife’s official... More  →
Current Events: Romney the Bully; Regulate the Banks

Ear Plug: Auto Body

By Michael VerityMay 18, 2012
Born in the hot, muggy bowels of the Austin, Texas underground music scene, Auto Body are electro-rock fusion incarnate, exorcizing the demons of their noisy past in search of the holy grail of body rock and brutal beats. With a war chest of throbbing beats, grinding... More  →
Ear Plug: Auto Body

How to Make Avocado Mac and Cheese

By ShivaniMay 18, 2012
My friend Meagan is going through an avocado phase. She has put avocado in everything imaginable, including cake frosting (it wasn't bad). One of her more successful avocado fusions involved blending the avocado into a cheese sauce and making mac and cheese. I was only... More  →
How to Make Avocado Mac and Cheese

Blogging Disney: Cinderella

By Scott GreenstoneMay 18, 2012
Gather around, boys and girls, and I'll tell you a tale of mice and men; of fabulous fifties hairdos and birds who happen to be trained tailors! You all know the story. Cinderella's dad dies and her step-family conspires to make her miserable. Nameless Step-Mom (who... More  →
Blogging Disney: Cinderella

The Magnificent Return of the Friday Awards

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMay 18, 2012
Goooooooooooooood afternoon Sparklebutts, and welcome to the return of the Friday Awards!! (Yes, Caught-in-a-snowstorm, we’re refraining from calling them the Friwards just for you. Feel special.) We were... More  →
The Magnificent Return of the Friday Awards

British Heartthrob Conor Maynard Is Probably a Spy

By Brandon SpecktorMay 18, 2012
19-year-old Conor Maynard could probably be James Bond if his face wasn't already so well known in the UK. Engaging in high speed Aston Martin chases with dangerous rivals (Louis from One Direction), sampling exotic delicacies (strawberry Oreos) with foreign dilettantes (rapper/producer Pharrell Williams) and... More  →
British Heartthrob Conor Maynard Is Probably a Spy

What To Wear To Your Internship

By SissyMay 18, 2012
Now that you’ve got that internship, it’s time to look the part and add some work gear into your regular wardrobe. It’s important to appear professional and polished, and wearing something sophisticated commands an extra bit of respect. Some say a good rule of thumb... More  →
What To Wear To Your Internship