Skip over navigation

What a Guy Thinks: Female Fashion Edition

By Josh SorokachSeptember 24, 2012
Happy Monday, Sparkle-Nation! My mom's fourth favorite SparkLife blogger here to courageously break the "guy code" and give you the 411 on what dudes really think about high heels, makeups, and enormous decorative hats. Granted, these tips come from a man who thought... More  →
What a Guy Thinks: Female Fashion Edition

Book Yourself In for Some Literary Couples Halloween Costumes

By Janet ManleySeptember 24, 2012
Halloween can be scary—I still wake up shivering some nights thinking about the time I had to wear a hoop to the Halloween parade when I forgot a costume in grade three. (What was I? A SCARY CIRCLE, of course, Sparklers.) So we know there... More  →
Book Yourself In for Some Literary Couples Halloween Costumes

5 Ways to Prepare for J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy

By Brandon SpecktorSeptember 24, 2012
You've expressed your excitement, pondered the plot, and deconstructed the cover —BUT THE TIME FOR GAMES IS OVER, CHIPMUNKS. We're in the danger zone now. Why? Because J.K. Rowling's premiere post-Harry Potter novel, The Casual Vacancy, is due out ON THURSDAY. As... More  →
5 Ways to Prepare for J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy

What to Do If You Still Don't Have a Date For Homecoming

By SissySeptember 21, 2012
In the next couple weeks, lucky high schoolers all over the nation will attend homecoming dances. They will take pictures with their group, dance with their boo, and then talk about the great time they had for weeks on end (great times which will probably... More  →
What to Do If You Still Don't Have a Date For Homecoming

Help a N00b: Where Should I Start with Doctor Who?

By Brandon SpecktorSeptember 21, 2012
I'm a fan of time travel. I was raised on movies like Terminator and Back To The Future, and video games like Chrono Trigger. (If you're unfamiliar with this title, Google "the best game ever made and actually the peak of human achievement.") But for... More  →
Help a N00b: Where Should I Start with Doctor Who?

The Superfantastic Friday Awards!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 21, 2012
Whoopie for Fridays! We love Fridays. Why? Because each weekend means that Winter Break is getting closer. (No, it's definitely not too early to get excited for the Holidays.)... More  →
The Superfantastic Friday Awards!

How To Pick Your Pseudonym

By Lisa BernierSeptember 21, 2012
So you've decided that you want to be a writer. Yay! Here's what awaits you: sleepless nights, copious amounts of caffeine, a constant stream of rejection, TONS of editing, and more rejection. If none of this puts you off, then congratulations,  and welcome to the... More  →
How To Pick Your Pseudonym

Gale, She's Just Not That Into You: Our Favorite Fictional Characters in the Friendzone

By Melissa AlbertSeptember 21, 2012
Nothing's worse than being put in the friendzone...except, of course, having strangers start walking around wearing T-shirts with "TEAM (YOUR ROMANTIC RIVAL)" written on them. But everyone loves a love triangle, and somebody's gotta be left out. To celebrate all the... More  →
Gale, She's Just Not That Into You: Our Favorite Fictional Characters in the Friendzone

The Casual Vacancy Book Club Starts RIGHT HERE on Thursday!

By Brandon SpecktorSeptember 21, 2012
Less than a week, y'all! While you've been enchanting your eyeballs and index fingers in preparation for the release of J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy, we've been busy sewing tweed patches on our cloaks and bloomers. Know why? 'Cause starting next Thursday SparkLife will be the... More  →
The Casual Vacancy Book Club Starts RIGHT HERE on Thursday!