Skip over navigation

How To Stop Taking Naps and Get Some Work Done, For Crying Out Loud

By Lucy HutchinsonSeptember 6, 2011
It's 3 pm, you've finished classes for the day, but you have an entire essay to write by morning and a sneaking suspicion you're supposed to do something with that pile of shiny new textbooks on your desk. You swear that once you get back... More  →
How To Stop Taking Naps and Get Some Work Done, For Crying Out Loud

Open Thread for September 5

By SparkLifeSeptember 5, 2011
In honor of Labor Day, the Sparkitors are refusing to do any work. Is that an example of irony? We're still not entirely sure what "irony" is, but we can't be bothered to look up the definition. Instead, we're going to stare at this bee-you-tiful... More  →
Open Thread for September 5

Ask Jono: Inadvertent Flirting

By Jon_SkindzierSeptember 2, 2011
Dear Jono, Since you are a male, I was hoping you could help me figure out what my friend is thinking. He is a really good friend to me, and we hang out often. I will admit, I do have feelings for him and... More  →
Ask Jono: Inadvertent Flirting

How to Survive Your Doctor's Waiting Room

By ContributorSeptember 2, 2011
Samantha P., some of these survival tips sound suspiciously like waiter's revenge. –Sparkitors My dad always tried to convince me to be a soccer player. So, I took up softball. Looking back now, however, I think I know why he advised me to pursue... More  →
How to Survive Your Doctor's Waiting Room

Why You Really Shouldn't Hate Your Parents

Pole_Vaulter 423 is TOTALLY getting a raise in her allowance for writing this hilarious, adorable post.–Sparkitors As teenagers, we have that tendency to blame all that is wrong in the world on the two people who are supposed to be able to fix everything... More  →
Why You Really Shouldn't Hate Your Parents

So Many College Clubs, So Little Time!

LadyM is starting university in Canada soon—and she needs your help to narrow down her endless extracurricular options!—Sparkitors The fact that my actual name (Megann) starts with an "M" is a just a happy coincidence, because that had very little to... More  →
So Many College Clubs, So Little Time!

Mankler Crush: Hot Musicians!

By ContributorSeptember 1, 2011
Metalhead865  shows some love for his favorite female musicians!—Sparkitors I'm something of a music expert around these parts, so it seemed only fitting that I put together a list of my favorite super(ish)star crushes. What other crush... More  →
Mankler Crush: Hot Musicians!

Ask a Teacher: Does Participation Really Count?

By Mr. KatsibubasSeptember 1, 2011
Q: Does participation really count? A: I was always shocked when a teacher would explain that participation in class discussions was going to have a large effect on my final grade. To go along with all of the awkwardness that comes with being in high school,... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Does Participation Really Count?

Worst Kiss Scenarios and Wheelchair Dancing

By ContributorSeptember 1, 2011
thatshowiroll21 is getting ready to move-in to her dorm, but she can't stop thinking of make-out mishaps. —Sparkitors Lately I've been thinking about the goals I set for freshmen year, especially the one about getting my first kiss. It dawned on me... More  →
Worst Kiss Scenarios and Wheelchair Dancing

Hate Your Roommate? Try This.

By Ashley SpencerSeptember 1, 2011
Sharing a room is hard, especially if you were one of those lucky kids who was never forced to co-habitate with a sibling. If you get to college and discover that your roomie is the exact opposite of the cool, welcoming, friendly human you were... More  →
Hate Your Roommate? Try This.