Skip over navigation

Ask a Teacher: Tips for Becoming an Educator

By Ms. DameOctober 17, 2011
Q: I'm seriously considering teaching middle school and high school students when I grow up I want to teach math and history. How did you go through with your first day of student-teaching and then teaching a classroom of your own? A: The switch from student... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Tips for Becoming an Educator

Open Thread for October 17

By SparkLifeOctober 17, 2011
HERE IS YET ANOTHER PHOTO OF MY PARENTS' DOGS, because I know you can never get enough of their chubby little faces. The potatobutt on the left is Rosie, and the puddin'head in the back is Molly—it sort of looks like her brain is exploding,... More  →
Open Thread for October 17

The Lamest Halloween Costumes

By Rachel KorowitzOctober 16, 2011
In college, the my boyfriend was all, "I've got the best costume the world has ever seen." Excitement! He showed up at my door wearing a jeans, Sambas and a pitted white t-shirt with a sash across it. Then, he handed me... More  →
The Lamest Halloween Costumes

Talie's Back! And She's Dating Older Men?

By ContributorOctober 14, 2011
Talie is back with an update, and boy does she have a lot to update on! —Sparkitors I've literally been staring at the screen for like, 10 minutes. Wanna know why? Basically, I have no idea how to begin this. I... More  →
Talie's Back! And She's Dating Older Men?

He's Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 14, 2011
Hello, butts, and welcome to the greatest thing ever to happen to you: I, Chelsea Dagger, sweat-er extraordinaire, champion of wildly inadvisable conversation-starters, virtuoso of failure, am going to teach you how to date. I know what you're... More  →
He's Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys

The Secret History: Awesome, Horrible, or Both?

Nicole_Lyn delivers another scathingly hilarious review!—Sparkitors The Secret History is a good— and by good, I mean awesome—book about horrible people doing horrible things to other horrible people. It’s just a huge hodgepodge of depravity. But, then again, it does take place... More  →
The Secret History: Awesome, Horrible, or Both?

Ask a Teacher: Why Do We Learn Mathematical Proofs?

By Mr. NavidarOctober 14, 2011
Q: Why do we have to learn mathematical proofs? A: I teach geometry. I get nervous when I have to teach geometric proofs. My students view it as a foreign concept, they don’t find it fun because proofs don’t offer immediate gratification, and the proofs themselves... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Why Do We Learn Mathematical Proofs?

How to Be a Villainaire

exceptionordinary's post made us feel ten times more like a Villainaire...the only problem is, we're still not sure what a Villainaire is.—Sparkitors We all love the bad guys in films and stories, right? We stare at... More  →
How to Be a Villainaire

Should I Have Pulled This All-Nighter?

grace_return7 isn't sure if her all-nighter was worth it. She also thinks your head looks kinda like a pillow right now, so you can't really trust her judgment. –Sparkitors As I write this I’m running off 4 hours of sleep and a... More  →
Should I Have Pulled This All-Nighter?

The Cure for Your Hunger Games Hangover is Here!

alexsarcastic221 is here to save you from your sad, depressed, book-deprived state. (And yes, she's accepting gifts of gratitude.)—Sparkitors Do you hear that? That is the beautiful sound of silence. The sound that comes when thousands of teenage girls stop crying into... More  →
The Cure for Your Hunger Games Hangover is Here!