Skip over navigation

Committee of Cool: Sparkitorpreciation (Longest Word EVER!)

By Chelsea DaggerMay 16, 2011
Chelsea: CHAT TIME? Emma: Chat timezzz Chelsea: I would surely APPRECIATE if Emily was here. Emily: I'm here, salty. Chelsea: That's what my nickname was back when I was a sea captain. EmilyMore  →
Committee of Cool: Sparkitorpreciation (Longest Word EVER!)

18 Things I'll Miss About College

By ContributorMay 16, 2011
It’s the last week of my first year of college. All I have left to do is write four papers and take two exams. I don’t even have the time to complain. I do, however, have time to list what I’m going to dearly miss... More  →
18 Things I'll Miss About College

The Best Way to Get Guys' Attention? Apparently, a Boy Diet.

Can Talie stay on her boy diet now that she's getting lots of attention? —Sparkitors You'd expect things to get less complicated this week. And, maybe in an alternate universe things simmer down a bit. That alternate universe would also include money growing on trees,... More  →
The Best Way to Get Guys' Attention? Apparently, a Boy Diet.

Ode to the Swivel Chair

WhoSaidGazillionWasntANumber know's it's the little things that make life FRACKIN' AWESOME. —Sparkitors Ever since my mom bought for me my first swivel chair several years ago, this remarkable invention has fascinated me. Sure, I’ve seen, and even spun on one before, but... More  →
Ode to the Swivel Chair

How to Appreciate Alone Time

By Lucy HutchinsonMay 16, 2011
So you're stuck at home alone all weekend? Your friends are at a bowling party, and you're allergic to bowling balls? Your siblings have mysteriously vanished, saying something about getting signed to a record label? Your parents have gone to a rave, and taken the... More  →
How to Appreciate Alone Time

The Awesomeness of Weather

Akumeoi is the only person we know who enjoys cloudy days and getting soaked by fist-sized raindrops.—Sparkitors

Yes, I am that girl who sent in the playlist Songs About the Weather. No, I am... More  →
The Awesomeness of Weather

My Mother, The Strongest Woman I Know

Sparkler Katelyn shared a difficult experience with her mom, and now their bond is stronger than ever!—Sparkitors While some people may be grateful for their impeccable skills at downing coffee, making leather pants, or shooting hoops, I’m more thankful for something that is... More  →
My Mother, The Strongest Woman I Know

Open Thread for May 16

By Chelsea DaggerMay 16, 2011
We're exhaustified from a long weekend of scarfing down stale Peeps and taking 8-hour naps, so we're gonna let SeptembreRea do talking: Hi, Sparklers! It's your friendly neighborhood SparkNotes user SeptembreRea with a piece of art for the open thread... This piece is a bit... More  →
Open Thread for May 16

Finals Week: Do or Die

By Lindsay PuvelMay 13, 2011
Analogies are never perfect. Some, however, get pretty darn close. Though Alfred Lord Tennyson was supposedly writing about the Battle of Balaclava during the Crimean War, the eerie similarities between the experiences described in his iconic poem, “The Charge of the Light Brigade,” and those... More  →
Finals Week: Do or Die

Dropping the Bomb

By ContributorMay 13, 2011
SHE KNOWS. Sparklers, I said in my very first post that my immediate family knows about my sexuality. My mom was the first one to find out, and because I come from a strongly Catholic family, she’s always assumed I would stay single. That is no... More  →
Dropping the Bomb