Search Menu
Menu

What To Get Your S.O. for Christmas, A FLOW CHART

By Janet ManleyDecember 3, 2012
That time is rolling around again: all-you-can-eat-gingerbread time. Oy. Which means you are going to need to find something to get your S.O. for Christmas that says, "You're a tall drink of water, govna." Your initial instinct might be to go out and buy your... More  →
What To Get Your S.O. for Christmas, A FLOW CHART

25 Reasons to Celebrate December 3rd

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 3, 2012
It’s the last month of 2012 (and our lives, if you believe the ancient Mayans), but there are still pletny of reasons to celebrate. Including... 1. It’s December! December is a month that flies by faster than a caffeinated Superman, and is typically filled with enough... More  →
25 Reasons to Celebrate December 3rd

8 Reasons Chanukah Rocks

By Jeremy BlachmanDecember 3, 2012
The night of December 8th begins the Jewish holiday of Chanukah. Or Hanukkah. Or Chanuka. Or Hanuka. There are even more ways to spell it than there are days in the holiday. And although the little menorah in the window of your local bank or... More  →
8 Reasons Chanukah Rocks

College Essay: Painting the House, and Growing Up Fast

By Lauren PassellDecember 3, 2012
The Essay: Pressed against the house, I felt it bringing me closer. The sun beat across my back as I painted on my canvas. I recoiled from the ladder to admire my Mona Lisa. It was already a masterpiece before it felt my touch. All my... More  →
College Essay: Painting the House, and Growing Up Fast

Welcome to 16 Posts 'Til Christmas!!

By Ricki HurtadoDecember 3, 2012
Well, Sparklers, today is the first Monday of December, and I have one thing on my mind: CHRIIISTMAAAS!!! Now is the perfect time to get our Christmas act together with a new series called "16 Posts 'Til Christmas!" It's kind of like ABC's "25 Days... More  →
Welcome to 16 Posts 'Til Christmas!!

College Applications: The Trusty 5-Paragraph Essay

By Valerie BurnDecember 3, 2012
This prompt is a pretty typical one: describe a significant experience. Basically, the school wants to know a little more about you, beyond your resume, grades, and other application materials. Do not waste time here reciting any of the stuff an admissions advisor can figure... More  →
College Applications: The Trusty 5-Paragraph Essay

Geeky Girl Glam: Hermione at the Yule Ball, Part I

By Allison EmmDecember 3, 2012
When I asked my sister Jenna to be the model for this tutorial, she was thrilled. Then, after a moment’s thought she said, “How can I be Hermione if I’m so brown?” She was, of course, referring to her deep tan complexion, and I thought this would be a great way to il More  →
Geeky Girl Glam: Hermione at the Yule Ball, Part I

Quiz: What's Your Elf Name?

By Valerie BurnDecember 3, 2012
Now that Thanksgiving is out of the way, we're getting ready to celebrate the real holidays. Like the ones where you get presents. This quiz gives you an elf name, favorite toy to make, and your favorite thing about Santa. Your first elf name corresponds to... More  →
Quiz: What's Your Elf Name?

What's Your Worst Analogy?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 30, 2012
Analogies can be really good...or they can be really bad. And sometimes they can be so bad that they're really, really good. Case in point: this list of analogies that we stumbled across on the web. There's something about "She had a deep,... More  →
What's Your Worst Analogy?