Search Menu
Menu

The Best First Lines of Books, Ever!

By Beth MishlerDecember 14, 2012
There’s nothing like a great opening line, particularly when it comes to literature. Very often the first words we read make the greatest impression; they can either pull us in or repel us. They can crack us up, or they can set the tone for... More  →
The Best First Lines of Books, Ever!

How to Make Peppermint Bark

By Ricki HurtadoDecember 13, 2012
Peppermint Bark is one of my favorite desserts of all time! Which is why it always upsets me that stores only sell it "seasonally." You can make this delicious treat any time of the year, and here is an easy recipe with everything you need to know! More  →
How to Make Peppermint Bark

The Pros and Cons of Male Friends

By dancing_CoralDecember 13, 2012

Hey fellow female sparklers.  So if you are like me, sometimes you just like to hang out with the guys.  Sure you have a couple of great female friends, but there are times when chilling out with your boys can just make your day.  Here are

... More  →

Watch These Fake Movie Trailers!

By Nuala McKennaDecember 13, 2012
Like you, Masterminds, our scale of fandom for everything pop culture knows no bounds. So we’re sure you’ve had those moments where you’re suddenly struck with the thought: “Hey, wouldn’t this make an AWESOME movie?” Well, the internet totally agrees with you! There are fake... More  →
Watch These Fake Movie Trailers!

Nerdy Stocking Stuffers-Part 2!

By Megan PrietzelDecember 13, 2012
Sparklers, Sploggers, and Sparkitors alike can all appreciate that special, magical feeling you get when someone opens up the perfect present…and that present happens to be a glowing Legend of Zelda fairy trapped in a tiny glass bottle. Here are some more of the most aweso More  →
The Cutest, Geekiest Stocking Stuffers EVER

25 Reasons to Celebrate December 13th

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 13, 2012
It’s Thursday the 13th! Spooooooky! Here are the reasons to smile and yell. 1. The Golden Globe nominations were announced, and Lincoln is nominated for everything. It’s as if the Golden Globe nomination committee didn’t even see Battleship. 2. It’s still Hanukkah! More gift-giving... More  →
25 Reasons to Celebrate December 13th

Ask Jono: Telling Friends You're Depressed

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 13, 2012
Hi Jono, I'm just going to jump right in here: I was recently diagnosed with depression, and I'm having a really hard time dealing with it. But that's not the point. The thing is, in the process of receiving the diagnosis, and... More  →
Ask Jono: Telling Friends You're Depressed

15 Signs Your SO Needs a Kick in the Pants

By ShivDecember 13, 2012
1. He lost your hamster 2. She checks your emails/texts 3. He stole your One Direction poster and won’t give it back 4. She won’t take down her shrine to Joseph Gordon Levitt 5. He licked your face repeatedly while kissing you 6. She keeps flaking out on your dates 7. He won’t take you to the Ice... More  →
15 Signs Your SO Needs a Kick in the Pants

These Are the Greatest Holiday Gag Gifts, Ever!

By Beth MishlerDecember 13, 2012
The time for gift-giving is here, and just about everyone has that one relative who loooooves to dole out gag gifts or old school novelty items come present-opening time. Or, maybe that’s YOU! So we decided to check out the ho-ho-hokiest holiday-themed items we could... More  →
These Are the Greatest Holiday Gag Gifts, Ever!