Skip over navigation

My Week at Hogwarts

By ContributorNovember 8, 2011
You guys, I fear I'm not a very good Potterhead. Don't get me wrong, I'll destroy you in a trivia contest any day of the week, but when it comes to actually following through, I fall flat. For instance, my school had a Harry Potter... More  →
My Week at Hogwarts

A Tea Primer for N00bs

By Kathryn_WilliamsNovember 8, 2011
There are three kinds of people in this world: people who drink coffee, people who drink tea, and people who drink pickle juice. We've already covered the former. This post is for the second category. (We'll get to you, pickle drinkers.... More  →
A Tea Primer for N00bs

How To Guess What Your SO Wants For Christmas

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 8, 2011
Christmas shopping for friends and relatives is pretty easy. If you know what they want, great. If not, you can buy them silly gag gifts, or just pick up any old junk at the last minute and slap a note that says ... More  →
How To Guess What Your SO Wants For Christmas

Somebody Needs To Get You Guys Some Time Machines

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 8, 2011
Last week's post gave you guys a chance to re-write history, and you took the opportunity to save lives right and left (Fred Weasley is BACK! Abraham Lincoln survived the assassination attempt! Lenin got a head cold!). We always knew you butts were... More  →
Somebody Needs To Get You Guys Some Time Machines

Why I'm Thankful for Calculus

All_is_Mal's post goes against everything we know and believe. Someone actually LIKES math? Is there a tear in the space-time continuum?—Sparkitors Calculus is absolutely amazing. This year, I’m taking AP Calculus BC, which involves 90 minutes of calculus class every day, and it’s... More  →
Why I'm Thankful for Calculus

10 Ways to Annoy the Heck Out of the Girl You Like

SunnySkies92 has some advice for you, Manklers; whatever you do, DO NOT do the following.—Sparkitors I’m a freshman in college, which means I’m getting a second chance at everything: friends, style, reputation, and of course, relationships. I met “Chase”... More  →
10 Ways to Annoy the Heck Out of the Girl You Like

TanTanTheLadiesMan Says Goodbye (and Squeezes in a Few Final Toilet Analogies)

One of our favorite Manklers is leaving—but not without imparting some final wisdom!—Sparkitors Alas, my good friends, the time has come. Yes, it’s November, which means it's time for me to leave on my mission. But before you get all teary-eyed and start envisioning... More  →
TanTanTheLadiesMan Says Goodbye (and Squeezes in a Few Final Toilet Analogies)

A Guide to Pledging, by the Ultimate Anti-Greek

dac213 doesn’t know exactly what's happening on Greek... More  →
A Guide to Pledging, by the Ultimate Anti-Greek

Open Thread for November 8

By SparkLifeNovember 8, 2011
erkkilakc2 sent in this adorable pic of a heart drawn with a sparkler; she "thought it would be perfect for the SparkNotes website!" WELL, SHE WAS RIGHT. AND THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO SAY ABOUT IT.... More  →
Open Thread for November 8

Cats Are the Coolest. Case Closed.

By ContributorNovember 7, 2011
You will never, ever guess how many cats little_miss_sparky has. Go on, try. 8, you think? 11? WRONGGGG.—Sparkitors Most of the people I know detest cats with fiery passion. And they're not alone in their opinion; cats are widely thought to be lazy, boring,... More  →
Cats Are the Coolest. Case Closed.