Skip over navigation

Slipping Reality: A Sparkler's Debut Novel!

By ContributorAugust 2, 2011
We're so thrilled to announce that PrestigiousTimeLady, one of our favorite (and most hilarious) Sparklers, has written a BOOK! We are now in the presence of greatness.—Sparkitors Helllooooo, Sparklers! For those of you who don’t know me, I’m PrestigiousTimeLady, aka Emily, the writer... More  →
Slipping Reality: A Sparkler's Debut Novel!

We Just Can't Get Enough of Hunger Games Stuff

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 2, 2011
"Why, what a terribly eloquent post title," you're probably thinking to yourself. "Did Chelsea Dagger go to college? Did she even get a 4th grade education? Surely she must have learned at some point not to use the word 'stuff' in a headline. This post... More  →
We Just Can't Get Enough of Hunger Games Stuff

Open Thread for August 2

By SparkLifeAugust 2, 2011
Dance.Girl.Sparkle not only sent in yesterday's awesome OT photo but this stunning self portrait as well! She's an ace with the camera—and we ADORE her hair and makeup!... More  →
Open Thread for August 2

5 Reasons Why Breakups Are Awesome

By ContributorAugust 1, 2011
TypicalNarwhalLover has mad, mad skillz when it comes to surviving breakups—and when it comes to making us laugh.—Sparkitors Yeah, okay—maybe breakups aren't awesome awesome. Not, like, WaveRunner awesome. More like "Wow, new socks!!!" awesome. (I get pretty excited about... More  →
5 Reasons Why Breakups Are Awesome

Time for Takeoff: Camp Electric Part 2!

Metalhead865 arrives at Camp Electric—but will it live up to his high expectations?—Sparkitors T-minus 1 day (July 16, 2011) Time: 10:44 PM (Eastern) Location: A hotel in Knoxville Mood: EXTREMELY psyched! Nothing really happened today, aside from a five-hour drive to Tennessee,... More  →
Time for Takeoff: Camp Electric Part 2!

On Curfews and Lost Trust

We know from her last post that Ginger looks like Emma Stone. Maybe that's why her parents don't want to let her out at night? —Sparkitors Let me tell you a story. In high school, I was a really freaking good kid.... More  →
On Curfews and Lost Trust

Auntie SparkNotes: Curses!

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 1, 2011
Dear Auntie, Hello there! I have a problem. I am a Christian, and I do not believe in using curse words. However, at school, people don't think the same way. They curse all of the time. I know that I will have to deal with it... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Curses!

5 Easy Ways to Stay Politically Active

bricked94 has done the impossible: she's made politics FUNNY.—Sparkitors Most Sparklers are under 18 and, therefore, under the legal voting age, also known as the age of representation (just kidding, I made that up). While it may seem hard to remain... More  →
5 Easy Ways to Stay Politically Active

Open Thread for August 1

By SparkLifeAugust 1, 2011
We LOVE this cool, artsy photo of bamboo taken by Dance.Girl.Sparkle. We used to have an inexplicable forest of bamboo in our backyard growing up, and one time our sister fell on a stump and practically impaled herself... More  →
Open Thread for August 1

Ask Jono: Reconnecting

By Jon_SkindzierJuly 29, 2011
Dear Jono, Me and a Mankler were mutually attracted to one another a few months back (without knowing it). Now that we see each other less often and it's gotten to the sad state that we aren't talking like we used... More  →
Ask Jono: Reconnecting