Search Menu
Menu

Everything I Know About Twilight, I Learned from the Hype

By ContributorDecember 19, 2011
sumsparkler follows in Dan Bergstein's hilarious footsteps with this uncannily accurate list of predictions about the book series you lurve to hate!—Sparkitors Yes, it's true: there are still people in the world who have not read the Twilight... More  →
Everything I Know About Twilight, I Learned from the Hype

Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 4

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 16, 2011
Chapter Ten: Luna Lovegood Better Title: Yay! Luna Lovegood is the best character in the world of Harry Potter. She is everything that Bella Swan isn't. She is the Un-Bella. The fact that Harry doesn't marry the hell out of her is proof that life isn't fair. If... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 4

Holding On: Chapter 16

By ContributorDecember 16, 2011
In the last installment of WillWriteForHearts' novel, Alice had just revealed to Annie and Eric that she can see the ghostly presence of her departed father—and that's he's been warning her to stay away from her mom's creepy new boyfriend. Will... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 16

Tom Riddle's Diary!

By Scott GreenstoneDecember 15, 2011
Scott-Free’s Dating Tip of the Week: Ideas for date night: Reading ‘A Walk to Remember’ aloud? GOOD! Playing Lord of the Rings Risk while wearing Gandalf’s beard? Bad. Very bad. Rule #27: Do The Rules, Even when Your Friends and Parents Think It’s Nuts. So what they’re saying... More  →
Tom Riddle's Diary!

Dear Albert: The Lock-In

By Emily WinterDecember 14, 2011
Me and Gil have to walk across the street to get to the gym, where the lock-in is already underway. If you saw our gym, you would understand why football star Jeff Wellstone didn’t get in trouble for throwing a stapler at my head and leaving... More  →
Dear Albert: The Lock-In

Dear Diary: I Just Found a Relatively Fresh Chicken Nugget In My Pocket. Also I Am Hardly Even Sweaty At All. BEST DAY EVER!

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 13, 2011
I am 99% certain that today's post title officially earns me the trophy for "Longest Title Ever Written on SparkLife." Anyone that can prove me wrong gets an elephant, a bucket full of wet sand, 46 dollars in pennies, and a swift, sweaty fist to... More  →
Dear Diary: I Just Found a Relatively Fresh Chicken Nugget In My Pocket. Also I Am Hardly Even Sweaty At All. BEST DAY EVER!

What's Your Patronus?

By Lauren PassellDecember 13, 2011
We know it was a pretty big deal with Harry Potter cast his first Patronus, but these days more and more people are able to tap into this advanced magic. Patroni are everywhere. In fact, they are so everywhere, that sometimes it gets confusing. Like,... More  →
What's Your Patronus?

9 Reasons to Love Skinny Books

By ContributorDecember 12, 2011
ninjababy is a book sizist, and proud of it! —Sparkitors Some book snobs love to brag about reading big fat tomes. But in the time it takes them to finish War and Peace, we skinny book fans have read ten novels. Our street cred... More  →
9 Reasons to Love Skinny Books

5 Reasons The Hunger Games Doesn't Live Up to the Hype

By ContributorDecember 12, 2011
Cheeto_rings might be the only person we know who didn't LOVE this book. Will her reasoning change your mind, or will you defend Katniss to the death?—Sparkitors At the urging of my sister and my friends, I recently read The Hunger Games—and I've got... More  →
5 Reasons The Hunger Games Doesn't Live Up to the Hype

Blurring the Lines of Literary Genres

By Scott GreenstoneDecember 12, 2011
Aren’t all these literary genres getting a little tiring? Are you done opening the cover of a book and finding the word “elf” ten times on the first page? As the 27th century moves forward, some of the best novels are the ones that blur... More  →
Blurring the Lines of Literary Genres