Skip over navigation

Blogging Twilight: Part 8

By Dan_BergsteinMay 28, 2009
SparkLife contributor Dan Bergstein is reading Twilight and blogging about it. Catch up on the first installments: Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Chapter Ten Bella wakes up and worries... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 8

The Day Before the Twilight: A Better Vampire Novel We All Passed Up

By ContributorMay 27, 2009
Here at SparkNotes, we've been reading tons of awesome submissions from super Sparklers who can't wait to get on SparkLife! This post by Sparkler colin_loeffler is an interesting reflection on a non-Stephenie Meyer vampire novel (Who knew there was such a thing?). Enjoy!  —SparkNotes Editors. Before... More  →

Blogging Twilight: Part 7

By Dan_BergsteinMay 27, 2009
SparkLife contributor Dan Bergstein is reading Twilight and blogging about it. Catch up on the first installments: Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. A few thoughts before we begin: A couple hundred pages... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 7

Blogging Twilight: Part 6

By Dan_BergsteinMay 22, 2009
SparkLife contributor Dan Bergstein is reading Twilight and blogging about it. Catch up on the first installments: Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Chapter Seven Not much happens here. Bella goes into the woods alone to... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 6

Blogging Twilight: Part 5

By Dan_BergsteinMay 21, 2009
SparkLife contributor Dan Bergstein is reading Twilight and blogging about it. Catch up on the first installments here. A few thoughts before we begin: Thank you for all the feedback. One commenter asked if I would date Bella (assuming she was real). I think the... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 5

Ten MORE Books That Drive Students Nuts

By Chris_DikenMay 19, 2009
A few weeks back, we talked smack about ten works of literature that inflict varying degrees of brain pain on unsuspecting students. Based on the hundreds of Sparkler comments we received, it seems we struck a nerve, as many of you were also... More  →

Does the Movie Live Up to the Book?

By ContributorMay 19, 2009
Here at SparkNotes, we've been publishing the opinions and stories of our very own rock star Sparklers. Today, a Sparkler called Spidrmunkey muses about books, movies, and of course, the T word... —SparkNotes Editors When Hollywood makes a book into a movie, there's always risk involved.... More  →

Blogging Twilight: Part 4

By Dan_BergsteinMay 15, 2009
SparkLife contributor Dan Bergstein is reading Twilight and blogging about it. Catch up on the first installments here. Chapter Five At lunch, Edward stares at Bella in the cafeteria and beckons her over to sit with him. They talk for a bit. She describes his eyes... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 4

Blogging Twilight: Part 3

By Dan_BergsteinMay 14, 2009
Dan Bergstein, SparkLife contributor extraordinaire, is reading Twilight and blogging about it. Need to read the first installments? Catch up here. Chapter Four Bella dreams she is trying to catch up with her dream boy, but can't. For the record, I hate dream... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 3

Blogging Twilight: Part 2

By Dan_BergsteinMay 13, 2009
Each week, SparkNotes contributor Dan Bergstein will blog about his experience reading Twilight. Did you miss his first post? Catch up here. A few thoughts before we begin: It's too early to tell if I actually enjoy the story, but I don't dread picking... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 2