Search Menu
Menu

Writer Wars Winner: "A Letter From Hogwarts" by AmandaTheAwesome!

By reidfaylorAugust 20, 2013
Congrats to Amanda, who earned 17 votes and last week's Sparklers' Choice Award for her short story about everyone's favorite witch, Hermione Granger! Click through the slideshow to check out her entire submission (brought to life by Reid Faylor's awesome illustrations), a More  →
Writer Wars Winner: "A Letter From Hogwarts" by AmandaTheAwesome!

Writer Wars: It's What's Inside That Counts

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 20, 2013
I high-fived myself three times for coming up with today's title, but then I had to deduct four high-fives from my high-five bank for having high-fived myself. IT'S A VICIOUS CYCLE. But enough about my horrifyingly dorky personal life—let's get our gab on about last week's More  →
Writer Wars: It's What's Inside That Counts

What to Do if You Haven't Started Your Summer Reading

By ElodieAugust 14, 2013
You’ve really gone and done it now. You haven’t even started your summer reading, and you’re staring down the barrel of the paintball gun that is the first day of school. But it’s not your fault—wasn’t June, like, two days ago?! And now it’s August?... More  →
What to Do if You Haven't Started Your Summer Reading

Writer Wars Winner: by "A Simple Misunderstanding" by wicwacwoe!

By reidfaylorAugust 13, 2013
Congratulations to wicwacwoe, whose light-hearted love letter packed a hilarious punch and earned her last week's Sparklers' Choice Award! Click through the slideshow to see her winning entry alongside Reid Faylor's fantastic illustrations, and don't forget to submit you More  →
Writer Wars Winner: by "A Simple Misunderstanding" by wicwacwoe!

Writer Wars: I THINK I LOVE YOU

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 13, 2013
AHOY, BUTTS! How goes your Tuesday? SPLENDIDLY, I HOPE! If it's been less than spectacular so far, I've got something that will cheer you up: a Writer Wars slideshow! (I'm sorry, were you expecting cash money? A miniature helicopter made of gold, perhaps? WAKE UP, BUTTS. THE More  →
Writer Wars: I THINK I LOVE YOU

Gorgeous Pix From the New Romeo and Juliet Movie!

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 7, 2013
Last week I told you guys about Relativity Media's upcoming adaptation of Romeo and Juliet, and everyone PRETTY MUCH LOST THEIR MINDS. The mass swoonage was totally justified; the cast alone (the dishy Douglas Booth playing Romeo, the rakish Ed Westwick in the role of Tyb More  →
Gorgeous Pix From the New Romeo and Juliet Movie!

Writer Wars Winner: "The Last Breaths of Boys" by MyHair'sOnFire!

By reidfaylorAugust 6, 2013
Congratulations to MyHair'sOnFire, whose haunting tale of a soldier's slow, agonizing death aboard a sinking submarine took top honors in last week's Writer Wars! Her tale is the kind that stays with you long after you've finished reading, and it reminded me of  the piec More  →
Writer Wars Winner: "The Last Breaths of Boys" by MyHair'sOnFire!

Writer Wars: UNDER THE SEA (*Please Read Title in Your Best Jamaican Crab Accent)

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 6, 2013
Now that THIS SONG is playing on an interminable loop in your head, let's talk about last week's stunning submarine-themed submissions, which left me breathless in the best way possible. (Side note: Did you know that Sebastian's full name is Horatio Thelonious Ignac More  →
Writer Wars: UNDER THE SEA (*Please Read Title in Your Best Jamaican Crab Accent)

Our Favorite Fictional Misfits

By Melissa AlbertAugust 5, 2013
To celebrate the reveal of the 12th incarnation of the Doctor, who is literally the last of his kind, we present a list of our other favorite fictional misfits. Harry Potter (Harry Potter). Though Potter fits right in with the magical world... More  →
Our Favorite Fictional Misfits

Would You Read the Longest Fan Fiction Ever?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 5, 2013
Most of the world's longest published novels barely cross the 1,000,000 word mark. But Christian's fanfic The Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest is over 3,500,000 words long. (That's about the equivalent of reading The Fault in Our Stars 52 times.) Christian, or AuraChannelerChris as he's... More  →
Would You Read the Longest Fan Fiction Ever?