Search Menu
Menu

Why I Hate The Grapes of Wrath

By ContributorMarch 6, 2012
If we got in a Steinbeck hate-off with LiveLongAndProsper, we would totally win. —Sparkitors Hello again, my dearest Sparklonians. I know it’s been a while, but I’ve been busy doing your usual muggle stuff, like eating cookies, doing math, planning a trip to Amsterdam,... More  →
Why I Hate The Grapes of Wrath

The Lorax Reviews The Lorax

By Brandon SpecktorMarch 6, 2012
This weekend Dr. Seuess' The Lorax opened in theaters and crazy people's imaginations all over the world. Like other recent film adaptations of the Doc's madcap mind, The Lorax expands the world of the classic picture book, taking us to a treeless mechano-metropolis called Thneedville... More  →
The Lorax Reviews The Lorax

Severed Polar Bear Jaws: A Review of The Golden Compass

By ContributorMarch 2, 2012
Nicole_Lyn gives her hilarious take on a fantasy favorite!--Sparkitors Let me get this disclaimer out of the way now: Yes, I’m calling it The Golden Compass, not Northern Lights. I’m opposed to Mrs. Weasley being called a "mom" just like everyone else on... More  →
Severed Polar Bear Jaws: A Review of The Golden Compass

What You Should Be Doing NOW if You Want a Career as a Writer

By Josh PeriloMarch 1, 2012
So you want to be a writer, eh kid? Well, aside from acting, you couldn’t have picked a job with less stability and more constant uncertainty. Congratulations! Hey… wait, where are you going? I didn’t mean to scare you away! That’s just... More  →
What You Should Be Doing NOW if You Want a Career as a Writer

The Secret Life of Holden Caulfield

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 29, 2012
Do you know Holden Caulfield? Not like WE know Holden Caulfield. Like all complicated characters, Holden has a whole 'nother, inner life that he keeps hidden from the world. What lurks in the secret heart of this misunderstood misanthrope of literary lore? You'll never guess More  →
The Secret Life Of Holden Caulfield

Author John Green Answers Your Questions (Part 1 of 2!)

By Emily WinterFebruary 29, 2012
JAY GEE IN THE HEEEEEEEEZY. We tooooooold you sophisticated boogerbrains this was coming, and now here it is! The hilarious, brilliant, so-dang-ON-IT author John Green read your REALLY smart, impressive questions, and responded to a bunch of 'em. In fact, we'll let John do... More  →
Author John Green Answers Your Questions (Part 1 of 2!)

We Get It, Life In the Hood is Tougher Than Calculus: The Top 5 Mistakes That Black YA Novels Make

By ContributorFebruary 29, 2012
dac213 tackles a tough subject with some major insight!--Sparkitors Let’s face it; there aren’t a lot of YA novels out there with protagonists who are of African descent. If the protag isn’t white, they’re purposefully ambiguous, and if the protag’s black, 90% of... More  →
We Get It, Life In the Hood is Tougher Than Calculus: The Top 5 Mistakes That Black YA Novels Make

Popular Childrens' Authors: Where Are They Now?

By Eric GarneauFebruary 28, 2012
As we announced Thursday, mega-popular Harry Potter author JK Rowling has finally let slip news of her first novel in a post-Hogwarts world. Unfortunately, no one really knows what it's going to be about! (Well, probably she does, and maybe her agent and publisher,... More  →
Popular Childrens' Authors: Where Are They Now?

Dennis is Dead (But Writer Wars Lives On)

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 28, 2012
Sorry for the delay in this week's post, butts; as some of you know, I accidentally destroyed the internet yesterday and spent several sweat-soaked hours in the SparkLife tech department trying to rescue my water-logged keyboard from death. Alas, Dennis (Dennis is what... More  →
Dennis is Dead (But Writer Wars Lives On)

Fictional Characters Who Should've Died

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 28, 2012
Love 'em or hate 'em, there are just some fictional characters who should've dropped into the fictional afterlife...but didn't. There's nothing we admire more in an author than the ability to kill off the right characters and keep them dead.(George R. R. Martin, we're looking... More  →
Fictional Characters Who Should've Died