Skip over navigation

Blogging To Kill a Mockingbird: Part 4 (Chapters 5 and 6)

By RamseyJanuary 8, 2010
Chapter Five As the summer moves forward, our three kids continue to hang out. Dill asks Scout to marry him and then, according to the Scout, starts to ignore her. She tries everything she can think of to regain his attention, including beating him up twice,... More  →
Blogging To Kill a Mockingbird: Part 4 (Chapters 5 and 6)

Blogging Eclipse: Part 7

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 25, 2009
Chapter Seven: Unhappy Ending Better Title: Eighteen Pages of Crap Punctuated by Two Pages of Awesome. Dan hesitated at the computer, his breathtaking face unsure how to begin this enchanting blog. "Perhaps I will commence by mocking the opening line of this chapter," Dan muttered quietly. "It... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 7

My Crush Is a Literary Character

By ContributorDecember 22, 2009
Sparklers have written about literary characters they'd love to meet, but a recent rash of posts about fictitious male crushes prompted wildegirl55 to add this post literary characters she'd love to date. Several Sparklers have commented that they'd like to read a post... More  →
My Crush Is a Literary Character

Blogging Eclipse: Part 6

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 17, 2009
Chapter Six: Switzerland Better Title: Kidnapping is Fun for the Whole Family Freedom is so overrated. I was wrong to criticize Edward's manipulative, abusive behavior towards Bella. It's obvious that he's only trying to protect her, and if protecting her means kidnapping her and holding her hostage,... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 6

Blogging To Kill a Mockingbird: Part 3 (Chapter 4)

By RamseyDecember 16, 2009
I’d like to address some angry emails I’ve been getting. Yes, the title of this blog is “Blogging To Kill a Mockingbird.” This doesn’t mean that I am blogging about killing an actual mockingbird. How would that even work? A hit counter attached to some... More  →
Blogging To Kill a Mockingbird: Part 3 (Chapter 4)

Stand Up, Sit Down: How Do You Write?

By Robert IsenbergDecember 11, 2009
There are so many different ways to write. There's the sit-seriously-at-your-computer tactic, the lie-on-your-stomach technique, and the lounge-in-a-hammock-with-journal-on-belly method. Every writer has a different style—even famous writers, who sell their secrets to millions of fans. Here are some of our favorite writers, and their styles: Virginia Woolf: Call... More  →
Stand Up, Sit Down: How Do You Write?

Blogging Eclipse: Part 5

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 10, 2009
Chapter Five: Imprint Better Title: Sam's Life is a Romantic Comedy Without Laughter I’m going to need your help on this one, folks. I must be an idiot. Clearly there are hidden words in this chapter (perhaps written in those frustrating invisible letters) that explain imprints. But... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 5

Blogging Lord of the Flies, Chapter 6: Beast from Air

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 8, 2009
"Beast from Water" earned its title from hapless Percival's suggestion that the monster comes out of the ocean. What terrifying revelations will "Beast from Air" hold? Pterodactyls? No, but read on anyway! Speaking of Percival, at no point in this novel has the kid been doing... More  →
Blogging Lord of the Flies, Chapter 6: Beast from Air

Get to Third Base with Edgar Allan Poe!

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 3, 2009
Um...wait, that came out wrong. What we meant to say is: literary-minded shirtmaker Novel-T has released a lineup of baseball jerseys that feature the names of authors and literary characters (instead of, like, actual baseball players). If you've ever wondered which infield position Hester... More  →
Get to Third Base with Edgar Allan Poe!

Blogging Eclipse: Part 4

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 3, 2009
Chapter Four: Nature Better Title: (Read in sing-song manner) Bella and Jacob Sitting By the Sea….N-O-T (SPACE) K-I-S-S-I-N-G If this book were a bowl of Lucky Charms, this chapter would be the oddly-shaped bits of cereal that no one really likes, and that only exist because people... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 4