Menu

In Defense of ... *gulp*... Twilight

By ContributorDecember 5, 2011
dianamer994 bravely faces Twi-haters—but will she win you over to the dark side?—Sparkitors Ok, STOP. Put down those pitchforks, torches, and very sharp carrots (which incidentally make a weapon that is both healthy and delicious!) and listen before assaulting: I... More  →
In Defense of ... *gulp*... Twilight

Dear Albert: Playing with Fire

By Emily WinterDecember 2, 2011
I’ve never been close enough to Anna Ingram to smell her. In my head she smells like a library full of hardcover books with delicate, yellowing pages. I don’t know why. I guess I don’t really know what most girls smell like, but everyone makes a... More  →
Dear Albert: Playing with Fire

Dear Albert: Life of Gil

By Emily WinterDecember 1, 2011
LIFE OF GIL “And who are you?” Superintendent Calhoun looks at me. Duh, man. “I’m Sam’s representation.” Several stupid-looking board members mumble to each other at the makeshift, cafeteria conference table. Snooze. I swear at least 93 percent of them are wearing brown. A particularly unkempt old hag looks... More  →
Dear Albert: Life of Gil

Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 2

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 1, 2011
Chapter Six: Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place Better Title: Why Is Hermione There? Sorry for the delayed post. How was your Thanksgiving? Really? That sounds scary! Hope you and your mailbox are OK. Back to the blog! Harry arrives at the secret headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix,... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 2

The Host Is a Good Book! So There!

By ContributorDecember 1, 2011
yodaitlin likes S. Meyer's sci fi novel, and she's not ashamed to admit it! —Sparkitors The Host was released back in 2008, during what I refer to as “the dark ages”— the period of time when I, a Sparkler, liked Twilight. *hangs... More  →
The Host Is a Good Book! So There!

Chelsea Dagger's Favorite Teen Novels

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 30, 2011
Is there anything better than sinking into a hamburger-shaped bean bag chair and opening a book you love? NOPE. Because the best thing in the world—bacon-covered foodstuffs and Joseph Gordon-Levitt aside—is finding a book that we truly connect with, a book that's always... More  →
Chelsea Dagger's Favorite Teen Novels

Dear Albert: Rocks and Hard Places

By Emily WinterNovember 30, 2011
Arright, let’s get a move on: TRIPLE DOSE OF DEAR ALBERT THIS WEEK. —Sparkitors “You want me to WHAT?!” Braden whispers as we walk down the hall. “I ju-ju-just can’t take the pressure,” I say. I can’t! I’ve been paralyzed for two whole weeks. I missed last week’s... More  →
Dear Albert: Rocks and Hard Places

Marry Your Butcher!

By Scott GreenstoneNovember 30, 2011
Scott-Free's Dating Tip of the Week: Don't bake your date cupcakes the color of Grawp's snot. It just won't go over well. “Once you’re truly convinced you need The Rules, you should read this book over and over again until you’ve practically memorized it, then practice... More  →
Marry Your Butcher!

How To Write a Worst-Seller

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 29, 2011
A quick look around your local bookstore, gas station, or garbage can will make it pretty clear that any idiot can write a bestseller. In fact, any idiot can write bestsellers about how to write a bestseller. But relatively few idiots... More  →
How To Write a Worst-Seller

WANTED: Indestructible Deodorant And Draco Malfoy as My Forever Buddy

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 29, 2011
Can you even IMAGINE what the world would be like if I possessed not only a magic stick of antiperspirant, but also a magic BOYFRIEND? I would surely become the greatest wizard ever to exist, and my reign of cupcakes and terror would not soon... More  →
WANTED: Indestructible Deodorant And Draco Malfoy as My Forever Buddy