Search Menu
Menu

A Letter to J. K. Rowling from Cho Chang

By Jennifer GrudzieckiApril 22, 2013
For everyone out there who ever felt that Cho Chang wasn't dimensional enough, this video is for you. Poet Rachel Rostad speaks up for Cho in this award-winning spoken word piece, which has caused a bit of an uproar recently. Do you like her style?... More  →
A Letter to J. K. Rowling from Cho Chang

What's Your Twilight Name?

By Sydney ScottApril 17, 2013
Whether you love it or hate it, Twilight has become a huge part of our generation. And even though Stephenie Meyer may not be the greatest author, she sure has a knack for finding cool names. (Just look at how the popularity of Bella jumped... More  →
What's Your Twilight Name?

Awkward Situations That Really Deserve Their Own Books

By ElodieApril 16, 2013
Awkward situations are the great universal equalizer. Take Zac Efron, for instance. He's beautiful. Charming. Hilarious. His hair is like a perfectly coiffed testament to human endurance. So what does he have in common with someone like me? (I spill things a lot and I... More  →
Awkward Situations That Really Deserve Their Own Books

SparkLife Poetry Club: Being Cool

By Ricki HurtadoApril 16, 2013
If you're a regular visitor to this site, then you'll know all about the next theme coming up. This Week's Topic: Being Cool Your interpretation of it, society's interpretation of it, the literal definition of being in a climate with a 32°F temperature or below—the possibilities are endless! Poet... More  →
SparkLife Poetry Club: Being Cool

7 Celebrity YA Novels We'd Love to Read

By Josh SorokachApril 15, 2013
When it was announced that How I Met Your Mother star Jason Segel penned a series of three young adult novels, we were elated. Hollyweird, as we so cleverly refer to it, is a town that follows the "monkey see, monkey do" philosophy,... More  →
7 Celebrity YA Novels We'd Love to Read

EXCLUSIVE: Rick Yancey Tells Us About Writing the Most-Anticipated YA Novel of the Year

By kat_rosenfieldApril 8, 2013
One of the most-anticipated YA books slated for this year is THE 5TH WAVE, an alien apocalypse survival story by beloved author Rick Yancey. The book combines multiple narratives to create a sweeping portrait of a shattered world, where nothing... More  →
EXCLUSIVE: Rick Yancey Tells Us About Writing the Most-Anticipated YA Novel of the Year

SparkLife Poetry Club: Mistakes

By Ricki HurtadoApril 8, 2013
Oh no! The poetry club is a week behind! Curse you, college scholarship applications! Why can't you understand that poetry comes before school?! Well, it seems that inspiration can come from anywhere, because I've decided on this week's theme. This Week's Topic: Mistakes It can be about... More  →
SparkLife Poetry Club: Mistakes

Harry Potter Sucks. The Only Good Book Is a Book About Sparky.

By SparkyApril 1, 2013
Look—I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here. I'm going to assume you landed on this sucky web page only because you made the logical conclusion that a site called "Spark-Life" would be a comprehensive chronicle of the life and times of... More  →
Harry Potter Sucks. The Only Good Book Is a Book About Sparky.

The YA Novel We Can't Wait to Read!

By SissyMarch 27, 2013
When comedian and author Julie Klausner announced on Twitter that her second book, a young adult novel called Art Girls Are Easy, is coming out May 7th, we freaked out. Chelsea sweat through her shirt and left work early (but then again, this... More  →
The YA Novel We Can't Wait to Read!

SparkLife Poetry Club: Friendship

By Ricki HurtadoMarch 26, 2013
Hello everyone! First of all, YAY POETRY!! Second of all, yeeeaaah I didn't realize the Sparkler Post section would be clogged with awesome poems. While usually an excess of poetry is fantastic, I agree that it's overshadowing some of the regular Sparkler Posts. So I have... More  →
SparkLife Poetry Club: Friendship