Search Menu
Menu

J.K. Rowling's Version of Doctor Who

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 14, 2013
Take a deep breath and prepare your brain for a mental Christmas: J.K. Rowling might be writing a Doctor Who short story!!! We’ll give you a minute to contemplate this awesome rumor. We should also point at the no official announcement has been... More  →
J.K. Rowling's Version of Doctor Who

Blogging Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Part 2

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 9, 2013
Chapter Four: Horace Slughorn Better Title: Friends With a Past? Did Slughorn and Dumbledore date? I’m sure if I search the internet I’ll find fan fiction that supports this rumor, but that leads down a road of literature best left untraveled. So for the sake of time,... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Part 2

Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must-Reads: The Maze Runner

By ContributorJanuary 9, 2013
Sorry this review is so late, Sparklers. I thought I'd have plenty of time to read over break, but that was before I found out that my mom had promoted me to the position of "Christmas Shopping Partner." Being inside a Wal-Mart on Christmas Eve... More  →
Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must-Reads: The Maze Runner

If A CHRISTMAS CAROL Were a YA Novel...

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 19, 2012
Ebenezer Scrooge would be a sixteen-year-old mean girl. More  →
If "A Christmas Carol" Were a YA Novel...

Blogging Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Part 1

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 5, 2012
While The Order of the Phoenix is by far my favorite Potter Book, Half-Blood Prince is the book I’m most familiar with. I’ve read it twice already—once when it first came out and again the month before that last book was released. Plus, the movie... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Part 1

Classic Kids' Books That NEED To Be Made Into Action Movies

By Lisa BernierDecember 5, 2012
Have you ever re-read one of your favorite books from childhood and thought, "Wow, that would make a great action movie!"? And then written a brilliant script for that imaginary movie? And then sent said script to several production companies, all of whom decided to... More  →
Classic Kids' Books That NEED To Be Made Into Action Movies

The Best NaNoWriMo Closing Sentences

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 30, 2012
As the last few hours of National Novel Writing Month tick by, hopefully you have your manuscript in good shape. Now all you need to do is add that final sentence to tie everything together brilliantly. Writing a last sentence can be as frustrating as... More  →
The Best NaNoWriMo Closing Sentences

The Worst Nonfiction You'll Read In School

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 27, 2012
Every year, you can count on some sort of controversy and argument over What Kids Are Reading making its way into the news cycle—and of course, we've all heard the stories of angsty parents demanding a book be struck from the list because it contains... More  →
The Worst Nonfiction You'll Read In School

Things That Annoy You About Your Favorite Book Series

By Kristin_HuntNovember 27, 2012
When it comes to your favorite book series, it’s hard to do anything but tell people it’s the best thing ever and they’re dummies for “applying to college” when they could be reading it. But there are always little things about those books that bug... More  →
Things That Annoy You About Your Favorite Book Series

Need to Satisfy Your Vampire Craving? I've Got Your Fix.

By ContributorNovember 27, 2012
Full disclosure: I spend what many people would consider an unhealthy amount of time surfing the Interweb. And, since I am both an avid reader and a book blogger, I often go onto forums and the like to see what all the hip young people... More  →
Need to Satisfy Your Vampire Craving? I've Got Your Fix.