Search Menu
Menu

Why You Should All Read (and Love) Enid Blyton

By ContributorJune 13, 2012
We Sparklers love to read (you don’t say). I, too, have always had a passion for reading almost equivalent to Matilda Wormwood’s. And that passion was initiated by none other than Enid Blyton. For those of you who haven’t heard of Enid Blyton (what's it like... More  →
Why You Should All Read (and Love) Enid Blyton

Literary Mash-Ups We Want to Read

By Molly HoranJune 13, 2012
Sometimes mixing stuff up that doesn't normally go together gets awesome results. Captain Crunch and Coco Puffs in one bowl? Culinary masterpiece. Mixing The Great Gatsby trailer with My Little Ponies? Genius. Here are some literary mash-ups that throw some of your favorite classic... More  →
Literary Mash-Ups We Want to Read

6 Books That Changed My Life

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 13, 2012
Finding just the right book is an amazing feeling. I'm sure most of you have been there: you don't want to stop reading it, but you don't want to finish the book because you'll never be able read it for the first time again. But... More  →
6 Books That Changed My Life

Fun Facts About Books and Their Authors

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 12, 2012
F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic was originally known by the title "Incident at West Egg," which sounds like a strange book about chickens, if you ask us. More  →
Fun Facts About Books and Their Authors

5 Graphic Novels to Convert Nonbelievers

By Eric GarneauJune 12, 2012
If you're reading this post, chances are you already number among the converted—you already think comic books are cool. But there's also a pretty good chance that you have friends who just don't agree with you. Sometimes there's no reasoning with people like that, but... More  →
5 Graphic Novels to Convert Nonbelievers

Novel Ideas from My Past

By ContributorJune 12, 2012
I’ve always enjoyed writing, and for a long period of my existence my only dream was to become a famous author. Throughout my lower school years I came up with multiple ‘ingenious’ ideas for books that I could write, but 10 times out of 10,... More  →
Novel Ideas from My Past

The Book That Changed Me: Going Postal

By Scott GreenstoneJune 12, 2012
"They say that the prospect of being hanged in the morning concentrates a man's mind wonderfully; unfortunately what the mind inevitably concentrates on is that it is in a body, that, in the morning, is going to be hanged." Before I read these words, I had... More  →
The Book That Changed Me: Going Postal

Why You Should Be Reading the Young Wizards Series

By ContributorJune 12, 2012
The world of young adult fiction is lousy with fantasy stories—you can’t swing a shape-shifting cat without hitting several teenage magic users on an epic quest. Nonetheless, I must tell you that you simply cannot continue to live without reading the Young Wizards series by... More  →
Why You Should Be Reading the Young Wizards Series

The Book That Changed My Life: Twilight

By Dan_BergsteinJune 12, 2012
When asked which book changed your life, you’ll probably pick a favorite book, or a book that got you through a difficult time. Maybe you’ll pick a book filled with great quotes, or you’ll lie and say Moby Dick because that’s what you’re supposed to... More  →
The Book That Changed My Life: Twilight

The Ultimate Book-Lover's Room

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 11, 2012
What's the saying? You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too many books? We're not sure about those first two, but that last one sounds about right. If you, like us, are in the grips of a full-blown bibliophilia, you'll... More  →
The Ultimate Book-Lover's Room