Search Menu
Menu

10 Badass Men Of Literature

By Molly HoranApril 20, 2012
When it comes to laughing in the face of danger, superheroes have their special powers (or at least special suits) to back them up—but the badass men of literature have to rely on their wits and their charm. Sherlock Holmes could definitely outsmart Iron Man,... More  →
10 Badass Men Of Literature

Blogging Barnes&Noble.com's "Must Reads for Teens": Lenobia's Vow

By ContributorApril 19, 2012
You know how stereotypical teenage girls like to online window-shop for clothes? Well, when I’m bored, I like to online window-shop for books. One of my favorite sites is, of course, barnesandnoble.com. The other day I was browsing the “Must-Reads” in... More  →
Blogging Barnes&Noble.com's "Must Reads for Teens": Lenobia's Vow

Harry Potter Books That JK Rowling Should've Written (or Not)

By Brandon SpecktorApril 19, 2012
Some of you already turned the enthusiasm up to 11 when we dropped the bomb about JK's forthcoming novel, The Casual Vacancy. Others, understandably, were a bit bummed that Rowling is now definitively moving on from the Harry Potter franchise. We're bummed about... More  →
Harry Potter Books That JK Rowling Should've Written (or Not)

You Guys Know WAYYYY Too Much About Committing Crimes

By Chelsea DaggerApril 17, 2012
Frankly, I'm terrified of all y'all. Judging from last week's stories, you butts could get totally ILLEGAL up in this joint if you had to. Remind me never to kidnap your crush and hold him for ransom. (Wait—TOO LATE! Just kidding. Maybe.) I'm... More  →
You Guys Know WAYYYY Too Much About Committing Crimes

8 Thoughts on The Raven Trailer

By Josh PeriloApril 16, 2012
Why has it taken this long to make Edgar Allan Poe into a kick-butt action movie star!? That is the only question I asked myself, over and over again, out loud, in a crowded grocery store when I found out about the upcoming movie, The Raven,... More  →
8 Thoughts on The Raven Trailer

10 YA Books That Will Teach You Something Useful

By Molly HoranApril 16, 2012
All YA books have something to teach you—like "Vampires make good boyfriends" or "Gillyweed helps you breathe under water!" But some novels are more instructive than others; here are 10 that will not only help you survive everyday life, but maybe even come in handy... More  →
10 YA Books That Will Teach You Something Useful

The Best Books for Hunger Games Haters

By ContributorApril 16, 2012
Lately, there have been quite a few posts explaining why The Hunger Games really isn’t as good as many of us believe it is. Well, I happen to think that the Hunger Games is a great series, but everybody is entitled to their... More  →
The Best Books for Hunger Games Haters

JK Rowling's New Book, The Casual Vacancy

By Josh PeriloApril 12, 2012
OK Sparklers… are you all ready to SCREAM!? Gimme a J! Gimme a K! What’s that spell!? JK ROWLING! And we finally have more awesome details on her brand new book, The Casual Vacancy! Okay… breathe. Deep breaths. You’re hyperventilating. ... More  →
JK Rowling's New Book, The Casual Vacancy

Can You Write the Worst Opening Line Ever?

By Brandon SpecktorApril 12, 2012
A story's opening line should serve one purpose: to inspire your audience to read the second line. There is a right way to do this, and a wrong way to do this. To win the Lyttle Lytton Worst Opening Line Contest, which is accepting... More  →
Can You Write the Worst Opening Line Ever?

You Broke My Spirit, Sparklers (But in the Best Way Possible)

By Chelsea DaggerApril 10, 2012
Guess what, butts? I'm writing to you today from a BRAND NEW DESK, one surrounded by windows and sunlight and the melodious background noise of Emily Winter breathing through her mouth while she eats a crunchy bean burrito (if you have not borne witness to... More  →
You Broke My Spirit, Sparklers (But in the Best Way Possible)