Skip over navigation

Blogging New Moon: Part 18

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 4, 2009
Chapter Eighteen: The Funeral Better Title: Well Ain't That a Coincidence? As much as I didn't enjoy the last chapter, this is the worst chapter of the book so far, thanks to a series of silly coincidences and lack of Werewolf Jacob. And judging by what happens... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 18

Blogging New Moon: Part 17

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 2, 2009
Chapter Seventeen: Visitor Better Title: Alice and Bella Sitting in a Tree… Guess what. Carlisle wasn't waiting for Bella. It was Alice. And while I still like Alice's friendly good nature, by chapter's end, she will no longer hold the number two spot on Dan's List of... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 17

Serious Books That Don't Suck, Part 2: The Sexy Ones

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 2, 2009
Earlier this week, we offered up a selection of books that are great fun to read but nevertheless have major literary credibility—y’know, just in case some crazy administrator lets you choose your own reading material this year. (We also got some great feedback from... More  →
Serious Books That Don't Suck, Part 2: The Sexy Ones

Blogging New Moon: Part 16

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 31, 2009
Chapter Sixteen: Paris Better Title: The Cullens Ruin Everything! The fire that Bella sees in the water is really Victoria's hair. There. I just saved you from reading this lousy chapter. Sorry if I sound grumpy, but it's only because by the end of the chapter, the... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 16

Don't Get Sylla-busted, Give Us Your Reading List Today!

By Emily WinterAugust 31, 2009
Heya Sparklers, Since it's the beginning of the school year, we SparkNotes editors thought this would be a great time to find out if there's anything on this year's reading list that you can't find a SparkNote for. That way, we'll know exactly which books to... More  →
Don't Get Sylla-busted, Give Us Your Reading List Today!

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 3 (Chapters 5 and 6)

By RamseyAugust 31, 2009
We know The Scarlet Letter is one of the books you're frantically finishing for the beginning of the school year, which is why we got Ramsey here to blog about it for you! Check out the first and second parts... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 3 (Chapters 5 and 6)

Serious Books That Don't Suck, Part 1

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 31, 2009
Over the weekend, all sorts of hubbub erupted over this article in the New York Times about some new-fangled literacy programs that allow students to…wait for it…choose which books they want to read. ZOMG! Despite a massive outcry from certain classic-minded adults—who cannot imagine any... More  →
Serious Books That Don't Suck, Part 1

Blogging New Moon: Part 15

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 28, 2009
Chapter Fifteen: Pressure Better Title: Bella (hearts) Dying Spring Break arrives in Forks, and I'm shocked that Bella even cares, as I assumed she dropped out of school altogether since she hasn't mentioned class or her non-monster friends for about 200 pages. How's Angela? Is she still... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 15

Blogging New Moon: Part 14

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 26, 2009
Chapter Fourteen: Family Better Title: Hey Lady, What's Up With Your Face? Despite both Bella's expectations and my own wishful thinking, the other werewolves do not come to the meeting in wolf form. Instead, the four guys (Sam, Paul, Jared, and Embry) walk out of the trees... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 14

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 2 (Chapters 3 and 4)

By RamseyAugust 24, 2009
A huge red "A" is usually a good thing in the life of a high schooler, unless it means you're reading The Scarlet Letter, in which case, we're sorry. So sorry, in fact, that we've got SparkNotes writer Ramsey to blog the... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 2 (Chapters 3 and 4)