Skip over navigation
Menu

The Host Is a Good Book! So There!

By ContributorDecember 1, 2011
yodaitlin likes S. Meyer's sci fi novel, and she's not ashamed to admit it! —Sparkitors The Host was released back in 2008, during what I refer to as “the dark ages”— the period of time when I, a Sparkler, liked Twilight. *hangs... More  →
The Host Is a Good Book! So There!

Chelsea Dagger's Favorite Teen Novels

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 30, 2011
Is there anything better than sinking into a hamburger-shaped bean bag chair and opening a book you love? NOPE. Because the best thing in the world—bacon-covered foodstuffs and Joseph Gordon-Levitt aside—is finding a book that we truly connect with, a book that's always... More  →
Chelsea Dagger's Favorite Teen Novels

Dear Albert: Rocks and Hard Places

By Emily WinterNovember 30, 2011
Arright, let’s get a move on: TRIPLE DOSE OF DEAR ALBERT THIS WEEK. —Sparkitors “You want me to WHAT?!” Braden whispers as we walk down the hall. “I ju-ju-just can’t take the pressure,” I say. I can’t! I’ve been paralyzed for two whole weeks. I missed last week’s... More  →
Dear Albert: Rocks and Hard Places

Marry Your Butcher!

By Scott GreenstoneNovember 30, 2011
Scott-Free's Dating Tip of the Week: Don't bake your date cupcakes the color of Grawp's snot. It just won't go over well. “Once you’re truly convinced you need The Rules, you should read this book over and over again until you’ve practically memorized it, then practice... More  →
Marry Your Butcher!

How To Write a Worst-Seller

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 29, 2011
A quick look around your local bookstore, gas station, or garbage can will make it pretty clear that any idiot can write a bestseller. In fact, any idiot can write bestsellers about how to write a bestseller. But relatively few idiots... More  →
How To Write a Worst-Seller

WANTED: Indestructible Deodorant And Draco Malfoy as My Forever Buddy

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 29, 2011
Can you even IMAGINE what the world would be like if I possessed not only a magic stick of antiperspirant, but also a magic BOYFRIEND? I would surely become the greatest wizard ever to exist, and my reign of cupcakes and terror would not soon... More  →
WANTED: Indestructible Deodorant And Draco Malfoy as My Forever Buddy

Go Team Ginny!

By ContributorNovember 24, 2011
Step aside, Bergstein: JediPanda is here to defend the honor of Ginny "The Lamp" Weasley!—Sparkitors I've been hooked on Dan Bergstein's Blogging Harry Potter since the first post. I love everything about it—except for one thing. Dan often compares Ginny Weasley to... More  →
Go Team Ginny!

10 Tips to Make Your Fantasy Hero Not Stupid

By Scott GreenstoneNovember 22, 2011
It’s week 4 of NaNoWriMo, and your hero still sucks times a million. You feel dumb and your fingers type slowly because there’s nothing grounding your novel or pushing it along. We understand your stupidity, though, and we are ready to fight it with every... More  →
10 Tips to Make Your Fantasy Hero Not Stupid

Why Superman's Reign of Terror Must End

By ContributorNovember 22, 2011
mjray926 is not impressed with everyone's favorite butt-chinned superhero. Is she onto something, or blaspheming comic-book history? –Sparkitors I am the unofficial head of the SMAP initiative. SMAP (I wish it spelled out SLAP) stands for Superman Awareness Program. My many colleagues and I... More  →
Why Superman's Reign of Terror Must End

The Best Fictional Pets

By ContributorNovember 18, 2011
Rock-star contributor dac213 has amassed the finest imaginary pet store ever seen. –Sparkitors By now you’ve probably got your fictional crushes and fictional best friends all picked out. But what about fictional pets? These creatures are not only more interesting than your average... More  →
The Best Fictional Pets