Skip over navigation

My Crush is a Harry Potter Character

By ContributorJuly 7, 2010
Thank you for the e-cookies, synchrogirl117. They were DE-licious.— Sparkitors Hello there, fellow Sparklers.  As you may remember, in the very first QUIZINATOR, one of the questions asked, "Which of the following has NOT been published as a part of the... More  →
My Crush is a Harry Potter Character

Awesome Book Series (That May or May Not Have Been Written for Middle Schoolers)

By ContributorJuly 6, 2010
Don't worry, shaken_not_stirred: we're 23, and we definitely still read the Wild Magic series. Man, those books were CHOICE. — Sparkitors When I start a series, I can't help but stick with it... More  →
 Awesome Book Series (That May or May Not Have Been Written for Middle Schoolers)

The MaxVZ Chronicles: How to Write a Short Story

By ContributorJuly 6, 2010
Supermodel physicists? That's what we do on the weekends, MaxVZ. —Sparkitors At some point, somebody has probably said that the hardest part of writing is having a good idea. Once you've got a top-notch idea, something you can really get behind, then all you've... More  →
The MaxVZ Chronicles: How to Write a Short Story

Ditch Your Summer Reading List

By ContributorJuly 2, 2010
Redumbdancy, you just saved us the pain of having to slog through Crime and Punishment. We owe ya one!— Sparkitors All you want to do this summer is sleep until 3 pm every day, challenge yourself to ice cream eating contests, and... More  →
Ditch Your Summer Reading List

Perfect Summer Reads

By ContributorJuly 1, 2010
Thanks for the tips, Wuzza4! We can't wait to check these out!— Sparkitors The scorching heat has driven you to the nearest beach/pool/body of water, and you're ready to relax in the sun all day long. But while you're working on your tan... More  →
Perfect Summer Reads

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 4

Coffinmaker is wuthering. And he's also blogging Wuthering Heights. —Sparkitors Excuse me for a moment while I laugh and hug my copy of Wuthering Heights. YESSSSS! Lockwood "I Really Thought Those Were Kittens" is no longer the narrator of this novel! Even though Heathcliff didn't... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 4

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 2

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 1, 2010
Chapter Two: Long Night Better Title: Oh. I get it. This book is about babies. This week, my beloved car (White Lightnin') blew up. No one was injured, but it wasn't a fun experience and I must deal with insurance agents, paperwork, and being stranded in my... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 2

My Crush Is a Literary Bad Boy

#6 = yummy. Thanks for the great list, wakwy! —Sparkitors

Of all the "My Crush Is..." posts, there hasn’t been one dedicated to the bad boys of books. So, I've compiled a list (in no particular order) of my top seven literary bad boys.

... More  →
My Crush Is a Literary Bad Boy

How to Write a Children's Story

By Jon_SkindzierJune 29, 2010
If you had to write or tell a children's story, right this second, you could probably pull it off. All you'd really have to do is ramble about your day so far, while adding some talking animals here and there. Your story wouldn't be absolutely... More  →
How to Write a Children's Story

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 1

By Dan_BergsteinJune 24, 2010
A few thoughts before we begin: It's the beginning of the end. For those tuning in for the first time, where the hell have you been? We were worried. For the past year, I've been reading the Twilight series and blogging about it on a chapter-by-chapter... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 1