Skip over navigation

Blogging To Kill a Mockingbird: Part 3 (Chapter 4)

By RamseyDecember 16, 2009
I’d like to address some angry emails I’ve been getting. Yes, the title of this blog is “Blogging To Kill a Mockingbird.” This doesn’t mean that I am blogging about killing an actual mockingbird. How would that even work? A hit counter attached to some... More  →
Blogging To Kill a Mockingbird: Part 3 (Chapter 4)

Stand Up, Sit Down: How Do You Write?

By Robert IsenbergDecember 11, 2009
There are so many different ways to write. There's the sit-seriously-at-your-computer tactic, the lie-on-your-stomach technique, and the lounge-in-a-hammock-with-journal-on-belly method. Every writer has a different style—even famous writers, who sell their secrets to millions of fans. Here are some of our favorite writers, and their styles: Virginia Woolf: Call... More  →
Stand Up, Sit Down: How Do You Write?

Blogging Eclipse: Part 5

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 10, 2009
Chapter Five: Imprint Better Title: Sam's Life is a Romantic Comedy Without Laughter I’m going to need your help on this one, folks. I must be an idiot. Clearly there are hidden words in this chapter (perhaps written in those frustrating invisible letters) that explain imprints. But... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 5

Blogging Lord of the Flies, Chapter 6: Beast from Air

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 8, 2009
"Beast from Water" earned its title from hapless Percival's suggestion that the monster comes out of the ocean. What terrifying revelations will "Beast from Air" hold? Pterodactyls? No, but read on anyway! Speaking of Percival, at no point in this novel has the kid been doing... More  →
Blogging Lord of the Flies, Chapter 6: Beast from Air

Get to Third Base with Edgar Allan Poe!

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 3, 2009
Um...wait, that came out wrong. What we meant to say is: literary-minded shirtmaker Novel-T has released a lineup of baseball jerseys that feature the names of authors and literary characters (instead of, like, actual baseball players). If you've ever wondered which infield position Hester... More  →
Get to Third Base with Edgar Allan Poe!

Blogging Eclipse: Part 4

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 3, 2009
Chapter Four: Nature Better Title: (Read in sing-song manner) Bella and Jacob Sitting By the Sea….N-O-T (SPACE) K-I-S-S-I-N-G If this book were a bowl of Lucky Charms, this chapter would be the oddly-shaped bits of cereal that no one really likes, and that only exist because people... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 4

Big Fat Books: Three Reasons to Love 'Em

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 1, 2009
Anyone who's ever taken an English class knows that when it comes to classic literature, things can go from zero to "this sucks" in the blink of an eye. One minute you're doing some easily-digestible reading, happily parsing Shakespearean sonnets or witticizing with Dorothy Parker...and... More  →
Big Fat Books: Three Reasons to Love 'Em <span class='sponsor_tag'>(sponsored)</span>

Blogging Lord of the Flies, Chapter 5: Beast From Water

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 24, 2009
Jon is reading Lord of the Flies and blogging about it. His posts are collected here. Chapter 5 introduces us to a new and updated Ralph—Ralph 2.0, as it were—who has been reborn out of last chapter's lack of a fire like some sort... More  →
Blogging Lord of the Flies, Chapter 5: Beast From Water

Blogging Eclipse: Part 3

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 19, 2009
Chapter Three: Motives Better Title: Jacob Black's Guide To Gettin' It Done Jacob "The Thunder" Black rides again! And when he makes his triumphant return, not only does he mock Edward, but he parks his motorcycle on the school's sidewalk. Why? Because this warrior plays by his... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 3

Blogging To Kill a Mockingbird: Part 2 (Chapters 2 & 3)

By RamseyNovember 18, 2009
Chapter Two Summer passes quickly (like it always does), and Dill heads back home. Scout gears up for her first year of school, which she's very excited about. But once she gets there, she realizes that she kind of hates her teacher, Miss Caroline Fisher. Miss Caroline... More  →
Blogging To Kill a Mockingbird: Part 2 (Chapters 2 & 3)