Search Menu
Menu

7 Awesome Literary Prom Themes

By Kathryn_WilliamsOctober 17, 2013
Anyone can purchase a Rolling in the Deep–themed prom set, complete with Wavy Ocean Whispers Columns and Deep Blue Dream Pool Kit, and call it a day. But only a true high school event–planning committee badass would tackle one of these amazing literary prom... More  →
7 Awesome Literary Prom Themes

You Could Win an Exclusive Autographed Prize Package From Carly Rae Jepsen!

By Josh SorokachOctober 10, 2013
Big news, Sparklers! Last week we gave you details on how you can join Carly Rae Jepsen's new Nerdy Girlz Book Club, and now we're here to tell you how you can win an exclusive prize package from the star herself! One lucky... More  →
You Could Win an Exclusive Autographed Prize Package From Carly Rae Jepsen!

A Rookie Prepares for New York Comic Con!

By Janet ManleyOctober 10, 2013
This week, I am going into the lion's den, into the dragon's mouth, beyond the lunar landing module, inside the atom, past the pages of my favorite comic books and into an ALTERNATE REALITY in which it's okay to wear tights as pants for all... More  →
A Rookie Prepares for New York Comic Con!

Books We Wish Existed

By Janet ManleyOctober 9, 2013
Books and movies can be a tease, with all the fake books that characters get to enjoy. Some authors are particularly prone to inventing books (J.K. Rowling and J.R.R. Tolkien, we are looking at you!) that the rest of us can only dream about. Here... More  →
Books We Wish Existed

Writer Wars Winner: "52 Days Later" by GreenEggsAndPurpleHam

By reidfaylorOctober 8, 2013
Congrats to GreenEggsAndPurpleHam for earning 12 votes and this week's Sparklers' Choice Award!  Her chilling narrative gave us a glimpse into the mind of the only survivor of a nuclear holocaust—a character who, despite their despair, is driven onward by an inexplicab More  →
Writer Wars Winner: "52 Days Later" by GreenEggsAndPurpleHam

Writer Wars: The Last Sparkler Standing

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 8, 2013
IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT, BUTTSKIS. But don't panic: with your brains and my Brawn (that's the name of my gold-plated, sweat-resistant helicopter), we should be just fine. I was greatly reassured of this fact by your latest submissions; you responded to last w More  →
Writer Wars: The Last Sparkler Standing

Have You Read J.K. Rowling's Short Harry Potter Prequel?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiOctober 7, 2013
We’re not sure how we missed this one, Sparklers, but did you know that J.K. Rowling wrote an 800-word Harry Potter prequel story? Yep. That book you’ve always wanted about James Potter and Sirius Black? Well, you can find 800 words of it on Goodreads right... More  →
Have You Read J.K. Rowling's Short Harry Potter Prequel?

Attention Book Lovers! Join Carly Rae Jepsen's Nerdy Girlz Book Club!

By Josh SorokachOctober 4, 2013
Have you ever daydreamed about what it might be like to join a book club with one of your favorite celebs? Yes? No? "Call Me, Maybe?" Well good news, current/future literary geniuses, because SparkLife favorite Carly Rae Jepsen just launched her very own... More  →
Attention Book Lovers! Join Carly Rae Jepsen's Nerdy Girlz Book Club!

8-Year-Old Gets Sexist Books Pulled From Bookstore

By Sara JonssonOctober 3, 2013
So get this: There's this eight-year-old girl in a book store with her mom, and they're browsing—you know, reading stuff, walking around, living life to the fullest of their human potential—and this girl goes into the YA section to pick out a book, and she... More  →
8-Year-Old Gets Sexist Books Pulled From Bookstore

Gulp Alert! Plans to Excavate a Pet Cemetery Beneath Hotel That Inspired The Shining

By Josh SorokachOctober 3, 2013
In present-day news, the pet cemetery that currently resides beneath the Stanley Hotel, which inspired Stephen King's horror classic The Shining, is set to be excavated in order to make room for a "wedding and corporate retreat pavilion." In future news, we're all about to be... More  →
Gulp Alert! Plans to Excavate a Pet Cemetery Beneath Hotel That Inspired <i>The Shining</i>