Search Menu
Menu

The Worst Reading I've Ever Been Assigned

By ContributorMarch 29, 2012
dac213 takes on some classic literature—William Faulkner better watch his back!—Sparkitors We’ve all suffered through required reading. Some of us may even been assigned books that eventually became our favorites (The Three Musketeers and Candide are a couple... More  →
The Worst Reading I've Ever Been Assigned

Confession: I Just Don't Like The Hunger Games

By Eric GarneauMarch 28, 2012
Everyone go grab your favorite Usher CD for some background music, because I'm about to lay down some confessions. I saw The Hunger Games movie this weekend... and I didn't like it. If I were a film critic, I probably would've graded it a D.... More  →
Confession: I Just Don't Like The Hunger Games

Wilderness Survival Tips For When You Inevitably Get Picked for The Hunger Games

By Lauren PassellMarch 28, 2012
You never win anything cool, but somehow your name has been picked to be a tribute in The Hunger Games. This really stinks. We're here to tell you: you can do this! You have a huge advantage over the other tributes: you read The Hunger... More  →
Wilderness Survival Tips For When You Inevitably Get Picked for The Hunger Games

More of the Worst Fictional Significant Others

By Valerie BurnMarch 27, 2012
A couple of weeks ago we wrote about the worst fictional significant others. Many of you doth protest the exclusion of certain characters. Here are more of the least compelling romantic interests in literature. 1. Mikael Blomkvist. Mikael is supposed to be... More  →
More of the Worst Fictional Significant Others

The Hunger Games is Overrated

By ContributorMarch 27, 2012
lemon_101, we hope you're wearing your armor, because you are about to get ATTACKED. But in a friendly, Sparkler way, of course!—Sparkitors No, I'm not saying The Hunger Games is bad, so drop your pitchforks. In fact, The Hunger Games is a harmless... More  →
The Hunger Games is Overrated

Grammar Missteps We Don't Actually Care About

By Valerie BurnMarch 26, 2012
Grammar is important. As the saying goes, punctuation is all that stands between eating your Grandmother (Let’s eat Grandma!) and inviting your Grandmother to eat (Let’s eat, Grandma!). However, some grammar mistakes are completely okay—they don’t confuse anyone, they sound all right, and, most importantly,... More  →
Grammar Missteps We Don't Actually Care About

What the Next Hunger Games Movie Will Be About: An Ignoramus' Predictions

By Brandon SpecktorMarch 26, 2012
Though like you I prioritized seeing The Hunger Games this weekend above longstanding family and professional obligations, nutrition, personal hygiene and, oh, everything else in the universe, I'm afraid I have a disappointing confession to make. You guys. I didn't read any of the books. OK,... More  →
What the Next Hunger Games Movie Will Be About: An Ignoramus' Predictions

Dear Albert: Fraidy Cat

By Emily WinterMarch 24, 2012
Hey readers! Sorry this is a day late—I had to go to Chicago yesterday (my writing day). I'm a butt! Enjoy! —Emily Dear Albert, So I have this teeny tiny problem. I'm still afraid of the dark. I'm in my SENIOR YEAR and I still... More  →
Dear Albert: Fraidy Cat

What You Need to Help You Be a Better Writer

By Josh PeriloMarch 23, 2012
Through the ages, writing has been the one craft and trade for which you didn’t need a whole lot of equipment to create a masterpiece. God help you if you wanted to be a bricklayer, shoe cobbler, or raccoon beautician. The supplies alone... More  →
What You Need to Help You Be a Better Writer

Hunger Games Pickup Lines

By Rachel KorowitzMarch 22, 2012
Whether you're hanging in The Seam or you're fending off hordes of Tracker Jackers, there's always room for a little romance. Sweep your fellow tribute off of his or her feet with these pickup lines. I got stabbed in the leg. Wanna hide in this cave... More  →
Hunger Games Pickup Lines