Skip over navigation
Menu

9 Reasons to Love Skinny Books

By ContributorDecember 12, 2011
ninjababy is a book sizist, and proud of it! —Sparkitors Some book snobs love to brag about reading big fat tomes. But in the time it takes them to finish War and Peace, we skinny book fans have read ten novels. Our street cred... More  →
9 Reasons to Love Skinny Books

5 Reasons The Hunger Games Doesn't Live Up to the Hype

By ContributorDecember 12, 2011
Cheeto_rings might be the only person we know who didn't LOVE this book. Will her reasoning change your mind, or will you defend Katniss to the death?—Sparkitors At the urging of my sister and my friends, I recently read The Hunger Games—and I've got... More  →
5 Reasons The Hunger Games Doesn't Live Up to the Hype

Blurring the Lines of Literary Genres

By Scott GreenstoneDecember 12, 2011
Aren’t all these literary genres getting a little tiring? Are you done opening the cover of a book and finding the word “elf” ten times on the first page? As the 27th century moves forward, some of the best novels are the ones that blur... More  →
Blurring the Lines of Literary Genres

Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 3

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 9, 2011
Chapter Seven: The Ministry of Magic Better Title: Take Your Chosen One To Work Day Harry Potter stories always feel like Christmas. I don't know why. Maybe it's because Christmas is a fun, magical time, and celebrating the holidays is the closest we Muggles will ever... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 3

The NaNoWriMo Love Isn't Over Yet

By ContributorDecember 9, 2011
Bob_The_Other_Zombie will now rub it in that he won. (We didn't.) :( —Sparkitors So, it's a week after NaNoWriMo ended, but it's still all you can think about. After all, you won! The evil doctor supervillian has been defeated, your characters are... More  →
The NaNoWriMo Love Isn't Over Yet

Harry Potter Fan Fiction: Where Do You Draw the Line Between Barfy and Brilliant?

By ContributorDecember 7, 2011
Tegan fights back over the flagrant misuse of the sacred Potter name.—Sparkitors Dear Sparklers, I've had a pretty good week so far. On Monday I got an A in a French test. On Tuesday, I finished writing a short story that's been haunting me... More  →
Harry Potter Fan Fiction: Where Do You Draw the Line Between Barfy and Brilliant?

You Can't Escape The Rules!

By Scott GreenstoneDecember 7, 2011
Rule #26: Even if You’re Engaged or Married, You Still Need The Rules. The joy just never ends! According to E-Fein and Shusher, if you didn’t start off your marriage the Rules way, you may have some problems: your husband “treating you badly,” taking you for... More  →
You Can't Escape The Rules!

If I Could Bottle the Smell of Books, I Would Make a BAJILLION Dollars

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 6, 2011
Judging by last week's Amortentia recipes, you butts are borderline OBSESSED with huffing the pages of any book you can get your hands on. Ergo, I somehow produce a novel novella-like fragrance (get it? "Novel" as in "new"? Is this funny yet? Should I try... More  →
If I Could Bottle the Smell of Books, I Would Make a BAJILLION Dollars

The Pros and Cons of the Maximum Ride Series

By ContributorDecember 6, 2011
Skytreader takes a closer look at one of her favorite series!—Sparkitors I'll start off by saying that I absolutely love the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. In case you're not... More  →
The Pros and Cons of the Maximum Ride Series

Teen Novels That Aren't Nearly As Popular As They Should Be

By ContributorDecember 5, 2011
da213 wants to spread the word about these awesome but underappreciated books!—Sparkitors I’m not saying these intrepid tomes of teen lit are Harry Potter-level, but they are really great books, and I have no idea why they aren’t more... More  →
Teen Novels That Aren't Nearly As Popular As They Should Be