Skip over navigation

Blogging Eclipse: Part 3

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 19, 2009
Chapter Three: Motives Better Title: Jacob Black's Guide To Gettin' It Done Jacob "The Thunder" Black rides again! And when he makes his triumphant return, not only does he mock Edward, but he parks his motorcycle on the school's sidewalk. Why? Because this warrior plays by his... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 3

Blogging To Kill a Mockingbird: Part 2 (Chapters 2 & 3)

By RamseyNovember 18, 2009
Chapter Two Summer passes quickly (like it always does), and Dill heads back home. Scout gears up for her first year of school, which she's very excited about. But once she gets there, she realizes that she kind of hates her teacher, Miss Caroline Fisher. Miss Caroline... More  →
Blogging To Kill a Mockingbird: Part 2 (Chapters 2 & 3)

Steal These Books

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 17, 2009
If you're a human, you're probably familiar with what we at SparkNotes like to call the Library Oh-Crap—so called because of that unfortunate experience wherein you notice an unfamiliar book on your shelf, open it up, and discover that the binding is stamped in five... More  →
Steal These Books

Ball of Hate vs. Pancake Face

By EmmaNovember 17, 2009
A few days ago on Facebook, we asked which literary character is your dream bf/gf. Lots of people chose the reserved yet passionate Mr. Darcy, of Pride and Prejudice; there were also many admirers of the brooding, dangerous Heathcliff. This... More  →
Ball of Hate vs. Pancake Face

Highlights From the Dan Bergstein Facebook Chat

By Emily WinterNovember 13, 2009
Yesterday afternoon and evening, many of you flicked on your computers and chatted with the hilarious Dan Bergstein. But we realize some of you don't have a Facebook account, and others across the world had to do really silly things like sleep and go to... More  →
Highlights From the Dan Bergstein Facebook Chat

Blogging Eclipse: Part 2

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 11, 2009
Dan's Twilight posts are collected on a handy-dandy index page. Chapter Two: Evasion Better Title: Edward Cullen's Guide to Controlling Your Woman This is a joke, right? Edward must be kidding around. He's not honestly acting like an abusive boyfriend, is he? Chapter Three better... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 2

The Dan Bergstein Facebook Chat is TODAY!

By Emily WinterNovember 11, 2009
This is just a friendly reminder that... Holyyyyyyy-Z-O-M-friggin-G the Dan Bergstein Facebook chat is Thursday, Nov. 12 from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. EST, which is so so so very close to right now. Have you: Found out what time zone you're in? RSVP'd on... More  →
The Dan Bergstein Facebook Chat is TODAY!

Blogging Lord of the Flies, Chapter 4: Painted Faces and Long Hair

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 11, 2009
Jon is blogging Lord of the Flies. For a list of his posts, go here. Welcome to Chapter 4, Painted Faces and Long Hair, aka The Boys Finally Kill Something On Purpose, And Also Are Jerks. We start with a description of how the boys... More  →
Blogging Lord of the Flies, Chapter 4: Painted Faces and Long Hair

Blogging To Kill a Mockingbird: Chapter 1

By RamseyNovember 9, 2009
First things first: Yes, I will now be blogging To Kill a Mockingbird. No, I will not be making fun of this classic book. I will be making jokes about the plot and asking stupid questions about the events but I will not, I repeat,... More  →
Blogging To Kill a Mockingbird: Chapter 1

No Fear Literature is ________.

By Emily WinterNovember 4, 2009
Heya Sparklers, You all were so helpful giving us feedback on Video SparkNotes, that we'd love your opinion on something else...Be honest, does this font make my blog look big? Okay, for serious, we're starting another new series of SparkNotes, No Fear Literature (simply replace... More  →
No Fear Literature is ________.