Search Menu
Menu

What Will J.K. Rowling's Next Book Be About? Some More Guesses.

By Lucy HutchinsonMarch 19, 2012
If we were J.K. Rowling (and who's to say we're not?) we would veer in a completely different direction with our next book. She probably doesn't want to only be known as the author of a phenomenally successful series of children's books which nevertheless charmed... More  →
What Will J.K. Rowling's Next Book Be About? Some More Guesses.

Rejected Hunger Games Arenas

By Melissa AlbertMarch 16, 2012
Every year in the nation of Panem, the Capitol's Gamemakers devise a venue for the annual Hunger Games, each more grueling than the last. While the only requirement is that they offer plenty of space for mass teen violence, not every blueprint... More  →
Rejected Hunger Games Arenas

Why I Still Read Fairy Tales

By ContributorMarch 15, 2012
Carolinawren4 makes the case that fairy tales, unlike Trix breakfast cereal, ain't just for kids. (Sadly, that joke took us about 9 minutes to come up with. It's going to be a long day.)--Sparkitors Yes, I know. I'm in... More  →
Why I Still Read Fairy Tales

Blast from the Past: Children's Books We Knew and Loved

By ContributorMarch 14, 2012
hammncheese94 reminisces about errrvrybody's favorite childhood books!--Sparkitors Hey, y’all, it’s Hammy here! I just figured that since the famous Jan Berenstain passed away a couple of weeks back, a post about our favorite children’s books was in order! SOOO… The Berenstain Bears: This series... More  →
Blast from the Past: Children's Books We Knew and Loved

How to Write in a Group

By Josh PeriloMarch 13, 2012
The great wide world of professional writing is a rocky landscape scattered with jobs of all kinds. But if there’s one thing that is more important to remember than anything, it is that there is strength in numbers. And I’m not just talking... More  →
How to Write in a Group

4 Great Nonfiction Books About Being a Girl

By Emily WinterMarch 13, 2012
Apparently nonfiction helps our brains be better. So, are you a devout nonfiction reader? I'm not. Reading historical nonfiction makes me dream about Easy Mac. Reading nonfiction about the environment makes me concentrate—on burritos. But I have read a bunch of nonfiction about... More  →
4 Great Nonfiction Books About Being a Girl

Holding On: Chapter 18

By ContributorMarch 13, 2012
In Chapter 17, willwriteforhearts' main character, Alice, had just been kidnapped by Thomas, her mother's dangerous and unstable boyfriend. How will she escape? Can her brother save her before it's too late?--Sparkitors Curling up into a little ball, however enticing it may currently be,... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 18

Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 9

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 12, 2012
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Beetle at Bay Better Title: I Hate Cho Chang Don’t you hate when a blog starts with an apology about the lateness of the blog? For that reason, I will not start off this blog by saying how sorry I am that it's... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 9

What's Your Hunger Games Name?

By Josh PeriloMarch 12, 2012
Ever wondered about when and how you’re going to die? No? Well that’s probably because you don’t exist in the world of The Hunger Games. But if you did, that question would probably cross your mind more than eight times a day. Also,... More  →
What's Your Hunger Games Name?

Fairy Tales Too Scary For Kids? We Can Fix That

By Melissa AlbertMarch 12, 2012
Up next in news we already knew, it seems that fairy tales—the deep, dark Grimm Brothers kind—are too scary for children. With their focus on death, child abandonment, and evil of all kinds, these tales are no longer approved bedtime reading by the... More  →
Fairy Tales Too Scary For Kids? We Can Fix That