Skip over navigation

Blogging New Moon: Part 24

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 1, 2009
Chapter Twenty-Four: Vote Better Title: Some Junk Happens and Edward Says Things. Bella Says Things Too. Would you like to know a secret? Edward and Bella are in love! Shocking, right? Who would have thought that these two would ever…Wait a moment. That's not secret at all!... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 24

So You Don't Want to Read ______?

By Katie_RolnickSeptember 30, 2009
Because we hate censorship, we love Banned Books Week. But it occurs to us that if we were in a devious and anti-First-Amendment mood, we could use Banned Books Week as a way to get more books banned, particularly those books that make our... More  →
So You Don't Want to Read ______?

Welcome to Banned Book Week!

By Matt_HunzikerSeptember 28, 2009
We’re pretty much all book nerds here at SparkNotes (as are plenty of you Sparklers), so we love this time of year. Why? Because from September 26th to October 3rd, it's National Banned Book Week, which gives us a chance to feel like... More  →
Welcome to Banned Book Week!

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 7 (Chapters 13 and 14)

By RamseySeptember 25, 2009
Reading The Scarlet Letter? So is Ramsey! To catch up on his past posts, check out the index page. Chapter 13 – Another View of Hester When we last left Colonial Boston, we saw Hester Prynne and Reverend Dimmesdale accepting their sin together as Roger... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 7 (Chapters 13 and 14)

Blogging New Moon: Part 23

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 24, 2009
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Truth Better Title: The Glower Hour Can someone explain this chapter to me? I understand what happens in the story, but the conversations between Bella and Edward are written in a code that I'm not able to crack. (So far, I've established it's... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 23

Blogging New Moon: Part 22

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 21, 2009
Chapter Twenty-Two: Flight Better Title: It's Emmett! Emmett's Back! Hi Emmett! That's it? Is the story over? There are only two more chapters and an epilogue left, so I'm assuming the race to save Edward was the climax of the book. And to say that I'm... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 22

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 6 (Chapters 11 and 12)

By RamseySeptember 17, 2009
Ramsey is keeping you company as you read The Scarlet Letter. Need to catch up on past posts? Here's the index page. Chapter 11 – The Interior of a Heart Here’s the theme song I wrote for a new sitcom I’m going to pitch around... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 6 (Chapters 11 and 12)

Blogging New Moon: Part 21

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 16, 2009
Chapter Twenty-One: Verdict Better Title: All That for Nothing?! The story, which has been dragging for the past few chapters, is becoming interesting again thanks to the mysterious Volturi vampires. While the actual "verdict" in this chapter is laughable, and makes the previous few chapters pointless, I'm... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 21

Blogging New Moon: Part 20

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 14, 2009
Chapter Twenty: Volterra Better Title: Dear Jacob, Italy Sucks. Wish You Were Here. I wasn't going to blog about this chapter, because honestly, not much happens. (Bella runs through a fountain and is reunited with Edward. But for all the buildup, it's not very emotional or... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 20

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 5 (Chapters 9 and 10)

By RamseySeptember 11, 2009
To make you feel not so alone as you read The Scarlet Letter, Ramsey is reading along with you and blogging about his experiences. Missed past installments? They're all collected here. Chapter 9 – The Leech Based only on the title of the chapter, here’s... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 5 (Chapters 9 and 10)