Skip over navigation

Are You Living In a Jane Austen Novel?

By Kia WoodFebruary 25, 2010
Have you ever read a book and gotten the eerie feeling that you’ve heard the story before? And that not only have you heard the story before, but the story is about YOU? To be honest, we’re worried we're living in a Jane Austen novel.... More  →
Are You Living In a Jane Austen Novel?

Synchrogirl117's Book Review: Gone With the Wind

By ContributorFebruary 23, 2010
Sparkler synchrogirl117 has earned herself a new book series here on SL. Woot! (But we have a question: How could this be required reading when your class is all about personal choice?) —SparkNotes editors Hey there, Sparkle buddies! I recently started a new semester... More  →
Synchrogirl117's Book Review: Gone With the Wind

Blogging Eclipse: Part 14

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 18, 2010
Chapter Fourteen: Declaration Better Title: Sleepy Jacob is Still Better Than Wide-Awake Edward Two chapters ago, Edward and Bella needed to skip school and meet with the other vampires because the trouble in Seattle was escalating too quickly. If they didn't act fast, more innocent people would... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 14

The To-Do Lists of Literary Characters

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 17, 2010
A few weeks ago, we posted a ♥ letter to the to-do list. It got us wondering what other people's to-do lists look like. Ours are pretty boring, generally topped by "Clean room" or the ever-exciting "Get new toothbrush." But some... More  →
The To-Do Lists of Literary Characters

Blogging Eclipse: Part 13

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 11, 2010
Chapter Thirteen: Newborn Better Title: Wasted Paper This chapter is reminiscent of the scene in The Empire Strikes Back in which Han Solo pulls the Millennium Falcon over and says, "All right. Now we're going to meet Lando. But before we go, I need to tell you... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 13

Hanging Out with Jazzy: My Favorite Fictional Secret-Heroes!!!

By ContributorFebruary 11, 2010
You guys know Jazzy, right? AKA villanous_mwaha? Welcome back to her Thursday column! —SparkNotes editors In every fantasy book, there is a main character who usually gets all the credit, praise, and swooning women when he "saves the day." But does he deserve all... More  →
Hanging Out with Jazzy: My Favorite Fictional Secret-Heroes!!!

The Recipe For a Bestselling Teen Fantasy Novel

By ContributorFebruary 9, 2010
Sparkler lmaonaise is hilarious and has made us very hungry. —SparkNotes editors Anyone who's read YA fantasy novels knows that many follow the same basic plot and include the same key points and themes. The only elements that really change are the characters’ names... More  →
The Recipe For a Bestselling Teen Fantasy Novel

It's the Mr. Literary Finale!

By SparkLifeFebruary 9, 2010
If your blind date spoke exclusively in quotations, would you run away, or ... More  →
It's the Mr. Literary Finale!

Blogging Eclipse: Part 12

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 4, 2010
Chapter Twelve: Time Better Title: If You Marry a Vampire in High School, You Might be a Redneck After blogging Chapter Eleven, I was exhausted and on the verge of giving up. But I'm not a quitter. I may be lazy, tiny-wristed, stubborn, loud, tall, roguishly handsome,... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 12

Many's the Long Night I've Dreamed of Cheese

By SparkLifeFebruary 2, 2010
Mr. Literary's grandpoppy is our favorite. Related post: Mr. Literary Goes to the Doctor... More  →