Skip over navigation

Why Does Friar Lawrence Have a Date Rape Drug?: Puzzling Questions About the Classics

By ContributorApril 15, 2010
FadingRose has some interesting questions about the classics. Personally, we've always wondered why Hester didn't just tell everyone what a weenie Dimmesdale is. —SparkNotes editors We all have to read Shakespeare, Homer, and the other big guys. And while we love and appreciate these... More  →
Why Does Friar Lawrence Have a Date Rape Drug?: Puzzling Questions About the Classics

Humpty Dumpty Was an Emo Poser (and Other Lessons from Nursery Rhymes)

By kat_rosenfieldApril 15, 2010
When we were wee, young and impressionable, our parents used to tell us traditional children's stories—the same stories, no doubt, that you heard from your own parents growing up. Lighthearted tales full of heroics, brief tragedies, and whimsical rhymes, these stories have been bedtime toddler-fodder... More  →
Humpty Dumpty Was an Emo Poser (and Other Lessons from Nursery Rhymes)

Synchrogirl117's Book Review: Ender's Game & One for the Money

By ContributorApril 9, 2010
Hello everyone!  Okay, so since I have been slacking on these posts, I'm doing a two-in-one this week, so I can get (a little bit) caught up. Enjoy! Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card This book was recommended to me by a friend, and I wasn't... More  →
Synchrogirl117's Book Review: Ender's Game & One for the Money

Blogging Eclipse: Part 20

By Dan_BergsteinApril 8, 2010
Chapter Twenty: Compromise Better Title: Bella the Beggar Sex. See how I wrote that word? It's an easy word to type. Sex. There, I did it again. Sex, sex, sex, sex, sex. Heck, I can even do it with my eyes closed. Sdx. Well, you get the... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 20

Guylight, and Other Books for Dudes

By ContributorApril 6, 2010
Smokey778 may be the Stephanie Meyer of dude romance novels. Seriously. You heard it here first. —SparkNotes editors For the last several years, dudes have had to suffer the "Twilight Effect," or, as they call it, "I Must Be Such a Loser... More  →
Guylight, and Other Books for Dudes

Eau de Literary Characters

By Kathryn_WilliamsApril 5, 2010
Having your own restaurant is so 2005. Your own clothing line? Muy 2007. For celebs, perfume or cologne is the trendy brand extension. It says, "I smell; therefore I am [important]." And we're all for it. No need to wear Estée Lauder when... More  →
Eau de Literary Characters

Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 18

By Dan_BergsteinApril 1, 2010
Chapter Eighteen: Dumbledore's Army Better Title: The Hogwarts Secret Emergency Bathroom Harry, Hermione, and Ron are busy in Charms class trying to silence various animals with magic. I guess this would be like you and me taking algebra. And just like algebra students, these kids probably whine,... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 18

Blogging Eclipse: Part 19

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 25, 2010
Chapter Nineteen: Selfish Better Title: Whatever Baby Wants, Baby Gets Not much happens in this chapter. So, instead of a traditional blog, I present to you this summary of events in poem form. Enjoy. T'was late in the morn' when Bella awoke. She had slept in real late, and... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 19

Read 'Em & Laugh: A Sparkler's Guide to Funny Books

By ContributorMarch 25, 2010
With a name like banana_shortcake, we figured this Sparkler would know her way around funny books. Turns out we were right. —Sparknotes editors Presenting: The best of side-splitting literature: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Oh my goodness gracious. This book is... More  →
Read 'Em & Laugh: A Sparkler's Guide to Funny Books

Everything You Didn’t Know About Harry Potter

By ContributorMarch 23, 2010
Welcome to "Where Are They Now?" Harry Potter edition. In today's episode, Sparkler sligers118 reveals JK Rowling's actual plans for her characters following the conclusion of the Harry Potter series. (We know, letting go is never easy). —Sparknotes editors When it came... More  →
Everything You Didn’t Know About Harry Potter