Search Menu
Menu

Neil Gaiman's Most Chilling Characters

By Melissa AlbertJune 18, 2013
Neil Gaiman's newest book, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, comes out today, and we're goosebumpy with anticipation...and fear. Gaiman is one of fiction's top exporters of creepy, crawly characters that get under your skin, forcing you to peek behind shower curtains and... More  →
Neil Gaiman's Most Chilling Characters

The Coolest Dads in Literature

By ElodieJune 14, 2013
With Father's Day coming up on Sunday, we thought it'd be a perfect time to take a break from the frantic purchasing of mugs and Home Depot gift cards in order to honor some of the great literary dads of our time. Why? Well, they're... More  →
The Coolest Dads in Literature

Writer Wars: Charles Dickens Ain't Got NOTHIN' On You Guys

By Chelsea DaggerJune 11, 2013
Last week, I challenged you  to seamlessly incorporate a quote by either JK Rowling, John Green, Charles Dickens, or George Orwell into your short story—an intimidatingly tall order by any standards. But as ever, you did me proud, and created worlds and characters so uniq More  →
Writer Wars: Charles Dickens Ain't Got NOTHIN' On You Guys

Yearbook Superlatives for John Green Characters

By ElodieJune 10, 2013
Imagine attending a high school peopled with some of the most interesting, hilarious teens ever to matriculate. We're pretty sure that's how it would feel to rub shoulders with the likes of Augustus Waters, Margo Roth Spiegelman, and other characters from John Green's brilliant YA... More  →
Yearbook Superlatives for John Green Characters

Ryan Gosling Loves Writer Wars (He Told Me So Himself)

By Chelsea DaggerJune 4, 2013
The series returned with a VENGEANCE last week; you posted 92 comments and some of the best stories ever to appear on SparkLife! I AM REPLETE WITH PRIDE, BUTTS. I AM A SWEATY BUCKET OF PROUDNESS. But enough about my perspiration problems; let's move on to more important thin More  →
Ryan Gosling Loves Writer Wars (He Told Me So Himself)

10 Upcoming YA Books to Add to Your Summer Reading List!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 4, 2013
There's no better way to spend summer break than getting caught up in a new book. Or two. Or twenty. And that's even more satisfying when the book you're caught up in is hot off the presses! To gear you up for the best summer reading of your lives, here are the top ten upcom More  →
10 Upcoming YA Books to Add to Your Summer Reading List!

Movie-to-Book Adaptations We Want to Read

By Josh SorokachJune 3, 2013
Turning a successful book series into a blockbuster movie franchise is fairly common in The Wood (which is how I assume industry insiders refer to Hollywood). The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Beautiful Creatures—Tinseltown's been using the written word to create thousand-dollar—possibly even million-dollar—movie franchises since at... More  →
Movie-to-Book Adaptations We Want to Read

11 Fictional Characters You Shouldn't Invite to Your Birthday Party

By ElodieMay 29, 2013
So you're reviewing your birthday party guest list, and you're thinking, "This is great, but you know what it needs? More fictional characters." Right? We've all been there. But it's hard, because the fictional universe is littered with the likes of these potential party-ruiners: 1. Severus... More  →
11 Fictional Characters You Shouldn't Invite to Your Birthday Party

Writer Wars is BACK, Baby! (And You Have Only Yourselves to Blame.)

By Chelsea DaggerMay 29, 2013
You Sparklebutts have got me cornered. I cannot withstand your adorable pleading any longer; your winsome whining has melted my cold, cold (yet inexplicably still sweaty) heart. So here it is: the long-awaited, much-anticipated return... More  →
Writer Wars is BACK, Baby! (And You Have Only Yourselves to Blame.)

15 Fun Pop Culture Favorites to Catch Up on This Summer!

By Josh SorokachMay 17, 2013
It's practically summer. How do I know this? Because I'm writing this post from New York's historic Madison Square Park, where all the telltale signs of summer are on full display. Shirtless dudes looking cool and tossing the ol' frisbee around? Check. An elderly man... More  →
15 Fun Pop Culture Favorites to Catch Up on This Summer!