Skip over navigation

Blogging New Moon: Part 19

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 10, 2009
Chapter Nineteen: Race Better Title: Are We There Yet? What the heck is on the cover of this book? I've been trying to figure it out for the past month, and was hoping one of the chapters would be about bloody, upside-down flowers. The cover of... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 19

Serious Books That Don't Suck, Part 3: The Scary Ones

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 9, 2009
Last week, your SparkNotes editors started offering up a few recommended reads for those of you who might want to pick up (or at least pick out) a good book to start off the school year. But after watching the comments come in, we noticed... More  →
Serious Books That Don't Suck, Part 3: The Scary Ones

Does Jane Austen Follow the Rules of Teen Novel Writing?

By Emily WinterSeptember 8, 2009
Teen Novel Rule #1: Never let your male protagonist pick the cheerleader. UNDECIDED. We know who the male protag is (Darcy), but we don't have a bratty, stereotypical cheerleader type yet. WIN. Caroline Bingley is a fakey fakey brat who's after Darcy. Teen Novel Rule #2: Do... More  →

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 4 (Chapters 7 and 8)

By RamseySeptember 7, 2009
Ramsey's reading The Scarlet Letter and blogging about it! Catch up with Parts 1, 2, and 3! I've read through your comments, and you've all had some really great things to say about Blogging the Scarlet Letter. Some... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 4 (Chapters 7 and 8)

Blogging New Moon: Part 18

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 4, 2009
Chapter Eighteen: The Funeral Better Title: Well Ain't That a Coincidence? As much as I didn't enjoy the last chapter, this is the worst chapter of the book so far, thanks to a series of silly coincidences and lack of Werewolf Jacob. And judging by what happens... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 18

Blogging New Moon: Part 17

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 2, 2009
Chapter Seventeen: Visitor Better Title: Alice and Bella Sitting in a Tree… Guess what. Carlisle wasn't waiting for Bella. It was Alice. And while I still like Alice's friendly good nature, by chapter's end, she will no longer hold the number two spot on Dan's List of... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 17

Serious Books That Don't Suck, Part 2: The Sexy Ones

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 2, 2009
Earlier this week, we offered up a selection of books that are great fun to read but nevertheless have major literary credibility—y’know, just in case some crazy administrator lets you choose your own reading material this year. (We also got some great feedback from... More  →
Serious Books That Don't Suck, Part 2: The Sexy Ones

Blogging New Moon: Part 16

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 31, 2009
Chapter Sixteen: Paris Better Title: The Cullens Ruin Everything! The fire that Bella sees in the water is really Victoria's hair. There. I just saved you from reading this lousy chapter. Sorry if I sound grumpy, but it's only because by the end of the chapter, the... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 16

Don't Get Sylla-busted, Give Us Your Reading List Today!

By Emily WinterAugust 31, 2009
Heya Sparklers, Since it's the beginning of the school year, we SparkNotes editors thought this would be a great time to find out if there's anything on this year's reading list that you can't find a SparkNote for. That way, we'll know exactly which books to... More  →
Don't Get Sylla-busted, Give Us Your Reading List Today!

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 3 (Chapters 5 and 6)

By RamseyAugust 31, 2009
We know The Scarlet Letter is one of the books you're frantically finishing for the beginning of the school year, which is why we got Ramsey here to blog about it for you! Check out the first and second parts... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 3 (Chapters 5 and 6)