Skip over navigation
Menu

Wuthering Heights: A 10-Star Review!

By ContributorJanuary 9, 2012
Lonks checks out some classic Brit Lit—and LOVES it!—Sparkitors Book #68: Wuthering Heights Author: Emily Brontë Reason for Reading: Another required book for British Literature. Quote: “Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living. You said I killed you—haunt me... More  →
Wuthering Heights: A 10-Star Review!

Holding On: Chapter 17

By ContributorJanuary 9, 2012
When willwriteforhearts last left off, Alice, Annie, and Eric decided to look for evidence of Alice's ghost dad, and Nick had a scary run-in with his mother's dangerous new boyfriend.What will happen next?—Sparkitors Annie whips out a flashlight like a pistol,... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 17

Dear Albert: Shades of Gray

By Emily WinterJanuary 6, 2012
A half hour ago I was thinking about putting my own slimy tongue in Anna Ingram’s mouth to express my affection. Now that just seems like some bizarre contrived ritual—foreign, creepy, meaningless. Because now, right now, in this hospital waiting room, I’m wondering whether my... More  →
Dear Albert: Shades of Gray

This Ain't Shakespeare's Ophelia

By ContributorJanuary 6, 2012
Book #66: Ophelia Author: Lisa M. Klein Reason for Reading: My literature teacher recommended it as a pretty good companion novel to Hamlet. I read it in 6th or 7th grade, way before reading the play. Remembering very little about it, and now having... More  →
This Ain't Shakespeare's Ophelia

Don't Be a Stalker

By Scott GreenstoneJanuary 5, 2012
A great big post-2011 hello to you beautiful greasy pizza lovers! How was your break? You did what? Wow! That sounds spectacular. Being a college freshman, my break doesn’t end for another week, and that means I can wear all the plaid things I got for... More  →
Don't Be a Stalker

LonkstheWriter Takes On Hamlet!

By ContributorJanuary 5, 2012
Lonks has 6 days left to reach her goal—but will this Shakespearian masterpiece slow her down?—Sparkitors Book #65: The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark Author: William Shakespeare Reason for Reading: Well, my research paper on it... More  →
LonkstheWriter Takes On Hamlet!

Resolutions From Your 8 Fave Faux People

By Chrissie GruebelJanuary 5, 2012
Keeping resolutions is hard, especially since we know they're doomed to fail anyway. The alternative? Writing resolutions for the fictional characters we know and love, and living vicariously through them! This is far more entertaining (and much easier) than trying to "eat an... More  →
Resolutions From Your 8 Fave Faux People

2012: The Year of the Writer

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 4, 2012
I really wanted to use an uber-dramatic title for today's Writer Wars post, since it's the start of a brand-new year and all, but I couldn't quite justify "APOCALYPSE! TIGERS! VOLDEMORT! NUCLEAR LAUNCH CODES! DANCE ATTACK! SPLEEN!" so we're stuck with this excruciatingly dull "Year... More  →
2012: The Year of the Writer

13 Little Blue Envelopes

By ContributorJanuary 4, 2012
LonkstheWriter has until January 11th to hit her mark of 100 books in one year—so she's gonna need a big helping of Sparkler support from you guys!—Sparkitors Book #64: 13 Little Blue Envelopes Author: Maureen Johnson Reason for Reading: I'm on a constant... More  →
13 Little Blue Envelopes

The Return of One Year, 100 Books!

By ContributorJanuary 3, 2012
LonkstheWriter has been MIA since October 11, but today she's back—and she's got 8 days to complete her epic  challenge! CAN IT BE DONE?—Sparkitors Hey, Sparklers! Just for the record, AP Calculus= Death. If you want to blame something for not hearing from me... More  →
The Return of One Year, 100 Books!