Search Menu
Menu

Writing Tips from a Bestselling Novelist

By EmmaJune 6, 2012
As aspiring novelists, we’re always looking for advice from people who have actually written and published books. So we were really excited when we found out we’d get to interview Alyson Noël. She’s a #1 New York Times bestselling writer of teen fiction, which means... More  →
Writing Tips from a Bestselling Novelist

REVIEW: The Drowned Cities, by Paolo Bacigalupi

By Paul KirschJune 6, 2012
Though it has some quality characters and a thought-provoking title, The Drowned Cities falls short of answering the one question that made me pick it up in the first place: What's up with those drowned cities? This book portrays a post-apocalyptic, mid-conflict... More  →
REVIEW: The Drowned Cities, by Paolo Bacigalupi

Blogging the B&N.com Must-Reads: Perfect

By ContributorJune 5, 2012
Okay, I know I promised you guys Dead to You by Lisa McMann, but I lied. Or, more accurately, I underestimated how popular it was (I’ve been on the hold list at my local library for three weeks now). So I decided to move on... More  →
Blogging the B&N.com Must-Reads: Perfect

Writer Wars: The Sixth Sense

By Chelsea DaggerJune 5, 2012
Thanks to doofy Haley Joel Osment and the scariest movie of all time, there's a common misconception that the "sixth sense" is the ability to see dead people. WRONG. Extensive research (conducted by me and my homemade robot, Clark) has proven definitively that... More  →
Writer Wars: The Sixth Sense

Send in Your Literary Fan Art!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 4, 2012
In case you hadn't heard yet, Books Week is happening next week on SparkLife. There are plenty of ways you can get involved, but thanks to rasha.black, we have a new one: send us your fan art!We know for a FACT... More  →
Send in Your Literary Fan Art!

Finally: A Book-Scented Perfume!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 4, 2012
Now, here's something we don't talk much about on SparkLife: perfume. BUT. This one is worth talking about, because someone has finally created a perfume that captures the scent of a new book. That's right, Sparklers. For only $115, you can buy your very own... More  →
Finally: A Book-Scented Perfume!

The Perks of Being a Wallflower Trailer Is Disappointing

By Emily WinterJune 4, 2012
The Perks of Being a Wallflower is one of my favorite teen books—a super dark coming-of-age novel by Stephen Chbosky. The original text follows Charlie, a teen who's more than awkward—he's terrified of life. And that makes sense: His best friend has committed suicide, and... More  →
The Perks of Being a Wallflower Trailer Is Disappointing

Dear Albert: Multiple Personality Disorder

By Emily WinterJune 2, 2012
The world is somebody else’s oyster, and I’m riding in the back seat. And holy crap, is it awesome. For fictional teen characters, there’s always a coming of age moment. An enviable rush of energy that accompanies the realization of autonomy. But in real life, that kind... More  →
Dear Albert: Multiple Personality Disorder

Books Week Is Coming!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 1, 2012
Get ready, Sparklers, because what might be the best week ever is coming up on SparkLife! And no, it's not Bacon Week. It's Books Week! We're going to spend the entire week of June 11 through 15 being even more dedicated to books than we... More  →
Books Week Is Coming!

The Problems with Harry Potter

By ContributorMay 31, 2012
If there’s one thing we can all agree on, it’s that J.K. Rowling is a God-like GENIUS who should receive nothing but unlimited adoration from the entire human race. The only reason I'm establishing that is so later on in this post, when you feel... More  →
The Problems with Harry Potter