Skip over navigation

Perfect Summer Reads

By ContributorJuly 1, 2010
Thanks for the tips, Wuzza4! We can't wait to check these out!— Sparkitors The scorching heat has driven you to the nearest beach/pool/body of water, and you're ready to relax in the sun all day long. But while you're working on your tan... More  →
Perfect Summer Reads

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 4

Coffinmaker is wuthering. And he's also blogging Wuthering Heights. —Sparkitors Excuse me for a moment while I laugh and hug my copy of Wuthering Heights. YESSSSS! Lockwood "I Really Thought Those Were Kittens" is no longer the narrator of this novel! Even though Heathcliff didn't... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 4

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 2

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 1, 2010
Chapter Two: Long Night Better Title: Oh. I get it. This book is about babies. This week, my beloved car (White Lightnin') blew up. No one was injured, but it wasn't a fun experience and I must deal with insurance agents, paperwork, and being stranded in my... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 2

My Crush Is a Literary Bad Boy

#6 = yummy. Thanks for the great list, wakwy! —Sparkitors

Of all the "My Crush Is..." posts, there hasn’t been one dedicated to the bad boys of books. So, I've compiled a list (in no particular order) of my top seven literary bad boys.

... More  →
My Crush Is a Literary Bad Boy

How to Write a Children's Story

By Jon_SkindzierJune 29, 2010
If you had to write or tell a children's story, right this second, you could probably pull it off. All you'd really have to do is ramble about your day so far, while adding some talking animals here and there. Your story wouldn't be absolutely... More  →
How to Write a Children's Story

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 1

By Dan_BergsteinJune 24, 2010
A few thoughts before we begin: It's the beginning of the end. For those tuning in for the first time, where the hell have you been? We were worried. For the past year, I've been reading the Twilight series and blogging about it on a chapter-by-chapter... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 1

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 3

By ContributorJune 24, 2010
Coffinmaker is blogging Wuthering Heights (so you don't have to)! —Sparkitors Dear Mrs. Bronte, Right now I'm working on a mailbox that will send letters into the past when I put them inside. I hope this gets to you in a timely (nyuk, nyuk) manner. I've... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 3

Mother Goose Revisited

By ContributorJune 23, 2010
We never realized that Mother Goose could be so hilarious! Thanks for enlightening us, Fitzgeraldfan841!— Sparkitors Ah, Mother Goose. Her nursery rhymes are recited year after year to the enterprising youngsters of America, but no one really bothers to ask why. Let’s take... More  →
Mother Goose Revisited

My Crush Is a Children's Book Hero

By ContributorJune 17, 2010
jennalinds likes 'em young. Realllll young. —Sparkitors Of all the the “my crush is” lists, I have compiled one that probably takes the cake for creepiness. Not only are these crushes fictional characters, but most of them are…well…kids. Though my love for them may... More  →
My Crush Is a Children's Book Hero

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 2

By ContributorJune 17, 2010
Coffinmaker is blogging Wuthering Heights. If you missed his first post, read it here! —Sparkitors Chapter II I’m convinced that Mr. Lockwood was the original Three Stooges. All three of them. In this chapter alone, he steals a lantern, gets attacked by dogs,... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 2