Skip over navigation
Menu

What to Read If You're Suffering from Hunger Games Withdrawal

By Melissa AlbertApril 4, 2012
You've read every book, seen the movie four times, and married your cat to your dog in a sumptuous, Panem-inspired ceremony. But it's still not enough. So until Suzanne Collins decides to write a fourth HG book (Eating Bark's Not So Bad!: In... More  →
What to Read If You're Suffering from Hunger Games Withdrawal

Three Teen Classics You Have to Read

By ContributorApril 2, 2012
There are the classics, and then there are the really old classics (you know, the ones written by dead Greek guys). Then there are the not-so-new books that everyone in high school reads, either because our English teachers make us (for good reason), or because... More  →
Three Teen Classics You Have to Read

Hunger Games "Would You Rather?"s

By Lauren PassellApril 2, 2012
It's hard to make the Hunger Games even more challenging. Because... what could make battling to the death worse? Well, these things could. Would you rather... Be known as the fartiest tribute OR be the only one who can smell all the tribute’s farts and they smell so... More  →
Hunger Games "Would You Rather?"s

8 Thoughts about Game of Thrones Season 2 Premiere

By Eric SiegelsteinApril 2, 2012
After a long and brutal winter filled with White Walker attacks (okay fine, I was watching The Walking Dead), Game of Thrones is finally back! When we last checked in with the competing houses of Westeros, the Starks were at war with the Lannisters, with... More  →
8 Thoughts about Game of Thrones Season 2 Premiere

The Host Teaser Trailer

By Josh PeriloApril 2, 2012
With the second half of Breaking Dawn getting ready to drop, Twihards around the world are preparing to mourn en masse. But I’m here to tell you, PULL IT TOGETHER! It’s not the end of the world. And, it’s not the end... More  →
The Host Teaser Trailer

Tweets from a Day in King's Landing

By Brandon SpecktorMarch 30, 2012
Hey, guys: What do Game of Thrones and a Twitter update have in common? (give up?) They both have 140 characters! HA! Anyway, in honor of the impending season two premiere of HBO's adaptation of George R.R. Martin's acclaimed fantasy septology, we decided to indulge in a little bit... More  →
Tweets from a Day in King's Landing

Why Percy Jackson is (Maybe) Better Than Harry Potter

By ContributorMarch 30, 2012
Connor gets controversial up in this joint! Will you side with the Lightning Thief or the Chosen One?—Sparkitors So, this should cause quite a riot. But seriously, I love Harry Potter. I love JK Rowling. I've read all of Dan Bergstein's HP blogs, read... More  →
Why Percy Jackson is (Maybe) Better Than Harry Potter

Are You Harry, Katniss, Percy, or Bella? Take This Quiz and Find Out!

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 29, 2012
Our awesome pals over at DoSomething.org (they're the geniuses behind Teens for Jeans and Green Your School) have come up with yet another AMAZING idea to change the world: the Epic Book Drive! You... More  →
Are You Harry, Katniss, Percy, or Bella? Take This Quiz and Find Out!

The Worst Reading I've Ever Been Assigned

By ContributorMarch 29, 2012
dac213 takes on some classic literature—William Faulkner better watch his back!—Sparkitors We’ve all suffered through required reading. Some of us may even been assigned books that eventually became our favorites (The Three Musketeers and Candide are a couple... More  →
The Worst Reading I've Ever Been Assigned

Confession: I Just Don't Like The Hunger Games

By Eric GarneauMarch 28, 2012
Everyone go grab your favorite Usher CD for some background music, because I'm about to lay down some confessions. I saw The Hunger Games movie this weekend... and I didn't like it. If I were a film critic, I probably would've graded it a D.... More  →
Confession: I Just Don't Like The Hunger Games