Skip over navigation

LonkstheWriter Takes On Hamlet!

By ContributorJanuary 5, 2012
Lonks has 6 days left to reach her goal—but will this Shakespearian masterpiece slow her down?—Sparkitors Book #65: The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark Author: William Shakespeare Reason for Reading: Well, my research paper on it... More  →
LonkstheWriter Takes On Hamlet!

Resolutions From Your 8 Fave Faux People

By Chrissie GruebelJanuary 5, 2012
Keeping resolutions is hard, especially since we know they're doomed to fail anyway. The alternative? Writing resolutions for the fictional characters we know and love, and living vicariously through them! This is far more entertaining (and much easier) than trying to "eat an... More  →
Resolutions From Your 8 Fave Faux People

2012: The Year of the Writer

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 4, 2012
I really wanted to use an uber-dramatic title for today's Writer Wars post, since it's the start of a brand-new year and all, but I couldn't quite justify "APOCALYPSE! TIGERS! VOLDEMORT! NUCLEAR LAUNCH CODES! DANCE ATTACK! SPLEEN!" so we're stuck with this excruciatingly dull "Year... More  →
2012: The Year of the Writer

13 Little Blue Envelopes

By ContributorJanuary 4, 2012
LonkstheWriter has until January 11th to hit her mark of 100 books in one year—so she's gonna need a big helping of Sparkler support from you guys!—Sparkitors Book #64: 13 Little Blue Envelopes Author: Maureen Johnson Reason for Reading: I'm on a constant... More  →
13 Little Blue Envelopes

The Return of One Year, 100 Books!

By ContributorJanuary 3, 2012
LonkstheWriter has been MIA since October 11, but today she's back—and she's got 8 days to complete her epic  challenge! CAN IT BE DONE?—Sparkitors Hey, Sparklers! Just for the record, AP Calculus= Death. If you want to blame something for not hearing from me... More  →
The Return of One Year, 100 Books!

Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 5

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 29, 2011
Chapter Thirteen: Detention With Dolores Better Title: Saw 7 I didn't scream when Dumbledore died. I didn't shed a tear for Sirius or Moody. When one of the Weasley twins was killed, I hung my head but didn't moan. Those scenes are tough to read, but this is... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 5

Literature is Dead: Justin Bieber Killed It

By ContributorDecember 29, 2011
OsmosisBabies is sick of celebs getting a free pass to publication. Do you think they're polluting the literature pool?–Sparkitors Music died the day Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper, and Richie Valens died in a plane crash. Literature died the... More  →
Literature is Dead: Justin Bieber Killed It

Why You Should Say YES to Fan Fiction

By ContributorDecember 27, 2011

Performer_for_Life promises a typo-and-slash-free fan-fic experience, if you just know where to look. –Sparkitors

Okay, so based on recent SparkLife articles on the subject, we can all pretty much agree that 85% of fan fiction is bad. Like, “I’d-Rather-Stick-Needles-in-My-Eyes” bad.... More  →
Why You Should Say YES to Fan Fiction

Relevant Advice from The Rules?

By Scott GreenstoneDecember 22, 2011
Scott Free's Dating Tip of the Week: Hit the slopes! Sledding is incredibly romantic. But giving her a white-wash is not. Happy Christmas! Merry New Year! Happy premature Chinese New Year! I know it’s not for two months or so, but I got you a present... More  →
Relevant Advice from The Rules?

11 and a Half Reasons I Hate Being A Muggle

By ContributorDecember 21, 2011
LiveLongAndProsper really, really wants to be a wizard. Join the club, dude.—Sparkitors Sure, I really dislike bubble wrap and singing the alphabet backwards, but today, I’ve realized what bothers me most: my mugglehood. You see, I happen to love... More  →
11 and a Half Reasons I Hate Being A Muggle