Search Menu
Menu

Summer YA Fiction: A Round-Up

By Swapna KrishnaMay 30, 2012
Summer's really the best time for books. Life is a little slower, a little lazier, and we all seem to have more time for reading and relaxing (especially if it's by the pool!). It seems like publishers have noticed this as well because some of... More  →
Summer YA Fiction: A Round-Up

How Fictional Characters Can Affect Your LIFE

By ElodieMay 30, 2012
Since we’re all Sparklers and self-proclaimed nerds of the highest caliber, it’s no surprise to us that fictional universes can be life-changing. Who here sobbed at the end of The Book Thief? How many of us started fist pumping uncontrollably when Gryffindor won the... More  →
How Fictional Characters Can Affect Your LIFE

Holding On: Chapter 21

By ContributorMay 29, 2012
Catch up on Chapter 20 of willwriteforhearts' thrilling fiction project right here! Thomas looks terrified for a second, like he suddenly doesn’t know where he is or what he’s doing or why, freezing like I have. Speechless, both of us. Yeah, that doesn’t... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 21

How to Write a Non-Cheesy Fantasy Novel

By ContributorMay 29, 2012
Come on, don’t tell me you haven’t looked at a favorite fantasy novel and thought, “I could do that.” I don’t remember why I started, but it’s been almost five years since I began my first novel, and I’ve learned a thing or two since... More  →
How to Write a Non-Cheesy Fantasy Novel

A Facebook Chat Between Catwoman and The Joker

By RG DanielsMay 29, 2012
Catwoman: hey Joker: hey Catwoman: whatup jokes magotes? Joker: -__- Catwoman: lol! just playin' Joker: ;) i kno how was the governors ball? Catwoman: was ok i guess i lost an earring so i was kinda bummed for a while Joker: yeah? did you lose it dancing with b-man??? Catwoman: lol! shut! up! Joker: i bet u 2... More  →
A Facebook Chat Between Catwoman and The Joker

BOOK REVIEW: The Heir of Night by Helen Lowe

By Swapna KrishnaMay 29, 2012
The Heir of Night, the first in a four-book series called The Wall of Night, might be an “adult” fantasy novel, but it certainly has wide-ranging appeal. The main character, Malian, is the teenage heir to the House of Night. In the world of Haarth,... More  →
BOOK REVIEW: The Heir of Night by Helen Lowe

The Most Annoying "Mary Sues" in Fiction

By Melissa AlbertMay 29, 2012
Most often found lurking in fan fiction, Mary Sue inspires rage in all who read her. Afflicted with such traits as unflinching goodness, inexplicable sex appeal, and comically overwritten good looks, Mary Sue is often the character the author wishes... More  →
The Most Annoying "Mary Sues" in Fiction

5 Books that Made Us Believe in Aliens

By Swapna KrishnaMay 25, 2012
Aliens. They ARE coming to get us. We can pretend that we're alone in the universe, but that's horribly arrogant and self-centered, isn't it? The fact is, there's almost no way there isn't life on other planets. The real question is whether there is intelligent... More  →
5 Books that Made Us Believe in Aliens

Five Books To Help Celebrate Your Inner Geek

By Nuala McKennaMay 25, 2012
Today is national Geek Pride Day! And there are fewer things that celebrate being a geek more than immersing yourself in a good book. So we have assembled a collection of five books that should be on every geek’s must-read list. The Complete Star... More  →
Five Books To Help Celebrate Your Inner Geek

The Scorpio Races

By ContributorMay 24, 2012
Let’s blog a must-read agaaaaaiiiinnnn! Book: The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater Synopsis: On Thisby Island, the annual Scorpio Races, in which men race deadly water horses (like regular horses but bigger and carnivorous) along the beach for fame, glory, and money, are everything. They... More  →
The Scorpio Races