Skip over navigation

The Historian

By ContributorMay 3, 2011
Lonks is 30% done with her goal! AMAZING.—Sparkitors Book #30: The Historian Author: Elizabeth Kostova Reason for Reading: I found it once while playing with the book suggestions feature at My B&N and thought it looked absolutely fascinating. Quote: "As a historian, I have learned... More  →
The Historian

A Few Reasons Why Everyone Needs To Stop Talking About Twilight

Don't worry, TheWittyNickname fully appreciates the irony of a post that talks about not talking about Twilight.—Sparkitors I know you may be sick of the recent flood of Twilight articles, and that just proves my point: WE'VE GOT TO PUT AN END TO THE... More  →
A Few Reasons Why Everyone Needs To Stop Talking About Twilight

Literary Smackdown: Shakespeare Kicks John Grisham's BUTT

MarcusJuniusBrutus, would now be the wrong time to admit that we used to be OBSESSED with John Grisham books?—Sparkitors Let’s face it: if you're in high school, there's really no getting around Shakespeare and his 16th century English. Some students can't stand all his... More  →
Literary Smackdown: Shakespeare Kicks John Grisham's BUTT

Unwhole: Chapter 27

By ContributorMay 2, 2011
Last time we left of in Darklite808's book, Kevin was saving Dee from her own parents, and Dee's best friend Caleb was in a dungeon. Chapter 27 is one of our favorite chapter so far! —Sparkitors “Get up! Jump out the window!” Kevin shouted,... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 27

Be a "Creature Unlike Any Other"

Scott-Free is blogging the ultimate dating guide, The Rules. This week, he tackle Rule #1: Be a Creature Unlike Any Other. —Sparkitors This post is dedicated to Barney the Dinosaur, because I have a few choice words for that theropod. Such as, “You’re a... More  →
Be a "Creature Unlike Any Other"

City of Ashes

Book #29: City of Ashes (Book #2, Mortal Instruments) Author: Cassandra Clare Reason for Reading: I absolutely loved the first book, City of Bones, and I CANNOT leave a series unfinished. Quote: "I'll just have them change the entry in the demonology textbook from 'almost... More  →
City of Ashes

Holding On: Chapter 7

In willwriteforhearts' latest chapter, Alice and Nick's mom has a surprise for them—and it's going to make their lives even more complicated than ever. —Sparkitors Mom’s here. It makes me nervous. You’d think I’d be happy that she's home, but she’s just acting different. And I’m... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 7

Blogging Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Part 4

By Dan_BergsteinApril 29, 2011
Chapter Nine: The Midnight Duel Better Title: The Midnight Drool (Get it? Because of the dog? Took me eight hours to come up with that. Please enjoy it.) Harry can fly! He's a natural broom flyer and can swoop around magnificently. The Gryffindors and Slytherins have flying... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Part 4

A Few Reasons Why the Twilight Series IS Actually That Bad

By ContributorApril 29, 2011
mysticjadeshoe attempts to break down this recent Twilight defense, brick by sparkly brick. –Sparkitors Stop me if I get confusing: after reading the mythbusting attempt of a fellow Sparkler—namely, thispaperdream, who recently attempted to defend Twilight—I feel that I must reassemble... More  →
A Few Reasons Why the Twilight Series IS Actually That Bad

The Problem(s) With Fan Fiction

By Dan_BergsteinApril 28, 2011
Fan fiction isn’t good. It ranks right below Greeting Cards and Monopoly Instructions on the list of Worst Types of Literature. And yet every time I make a joke about fan fiction (typically in the Twilight/Harry Potter blogs, and usually accompanied by silly titles of... More  →
The Problem(s) With Fan Fiction