Search Menu
Menu

The Embarrassing Book That Changed My Life

By Rachel KorowitzJune 11, 2012
I know you're going to want to fill my locker with dog food, steal my inhaler, and then give me a millennium of swirlies while doing the "why are you hitting yourself?" thing. I don't care. I'm still going to tell you that the book that... More  →
The Embarrassing Book That Changed My Life

H.P. Lovecraft's Twitter Is Insane

By Brandon SpecktorJune 11, 2012
We should've expected as much from the dude who got his start writing for Weird Tales magazine and is known today by top literary scholars as Cthulhu's Babydaddy—but seriously, you guys. H.P. Lovecraft's Twitter account is kind of insane. The muggy days and endless... More  →
H.P. Lovecraft's Twitter Is Insane

Book Review: The Demon King

By ContributorJune 11, 2012
Annnnnd here's another must-read review! Book: The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima Synopsis: There’s something rotten in the state of The Fells. Ancient tensions between the mountain clans, wizards, and non-magical valefolk are about to explode in a bad way, and two very different... More  →
Book Review: The Demon King

The Book That Changed My Life: Walk Two Moons

Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech is a story with many layers—the main story is about Salamanca Tree Hiddle, who is on a road trip with her eccentric grandparents to visit her mother, who is in Lewiston, Idaho. This trip means a lot to Sal,... More  →
The Book That Changed My Life: Walk Two Moons

Children's Books That Never Get Old

Summer is a great time to sit down and read books that don't require much thought (though I suppose if you want to whip out your copy of The Three Musketeers, go for it). Now, I love mindless YA novels just as much as the... More  →
Children's Books That Never Get Old

10 Badass Women Of Classic Literature

By Molly HoranJune 11, 2012
Badass women seem to be everywhere this summer. The Black Widow is kicking all sorts of butt in The Avengers, the heroine of Brave is showing off her archery skills while some how managing to keep her massive (awesome) hair... More  →
10 Badass Women Of Classic Literature

In Defense of Paranormal Teen Romance

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 11, 2012
Paranormal teen romance novels are hard to defend. A teenage time-traveling vampire girl falls in love with a suspiciously beautiful dude with a dark past? A mermaid with violet eyes has dreams of a ghost girl whose murder was never solved? An already-dead girl falls... More  →
In Defense of Paranormal Teen Romance

The Book That Changed My Life: ON THE ROAD by Jack Kerouac

By RG DanielsJune 11, 2012
When I was 15, I got heavily into music and movies. There was something about the creative process that mystified me. I was very curious by how something was made, how a person sat down and just created something with his/her imagination. This curiosity led... More  →
The Book That Changed My Life: ON THE ROAD by Jack Kerouac

Where Do You Stand in the Battle of "Hopefully"?

By Brandon SpecktorJune 7, 2012
If you're a word nerd, you may have read that the Associated Press Stylebook just announced its new rules and revisions for 2012. Among vastly updated sections on fashion and social media (yep, Facebook is official) one change in particular has sparked a weirdly... More  →
Where Do You Stand in the Battle of "Hopefully"?

Gatsby-Era Pastimes that Are Still the Bee's Knees

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 7, 2012
We know it doesn't come out until December, but we're so excited and we just can't hide it. Baz Lurhman (of Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge fame) is making The Great Gatsby into a movie, and it's got... More  →
Gatsby-Era Pastimes that Are Still the Bee's Knees