Menu

7 Nerdy Power Couples Who Give Us Hope

By Brandon SpecktorMay 7, 2012
We could argue that Adam and Eve were the first great dorky power couple. Chew on this image, if you will: Adam, lingering around all day with the Boss (not Bruce Springsteen [well, actually, maybe Bruce Springsteen]), talking his ear off with geeky questions about geogra More  →
7 Nerdy Power Couples Who Give Us Hope

Empty: A Sparkler Book Review!

By ContributorMay 4, 2012
The book: Empty by Suzanne Weyn The plot: The year is 2022—ten years from now. Oil reserves worldwide are growing more scarce by the minute. Gas and items that require oil to be produced are becoming more and more expensive. Travelling by plane is... More  →
Empty: A Sparkler Book Review!

10 More Badass Men of Literature

By Molly HoranMay 2, 2012
As so many of you pointed out in the comments of my original Badass Men of Literature post, there's a lot more than ten guys that need to be given props for their bravery and general awesomeness. Now the question is,... More  →
10 More Badass Men of Literature

Are You Frightened, Sparklers? Not Nearly Frightened Enough.

By Chelsea DaggerMay 1, 2012
Today seemed like the perfect opportunity to bust out that good ol' Aragorn quote—because if ever there was a time for all of us to put on our "I'M GREATLY A'FEARED" capri pants, that time is now. The tales you butts submitted in... More  →
Are You Frightened, Sparklers? Not Nearly Frightened Enough.

B&N.com Teen Must-Reads: Does Hunger Games Make the Grade?

By ContributorMay 1, 2012
It's part 3 of dac's new series, and she's about to tackle a very familiar title...—Sparkitors Book: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Synopsis: Do I really need to summarize it? Has one of y’all has been living under a rock... More  →
B&N.com Teen Must-Reads: Does Hunger Games Make the Grade?

Pottermore Sorting: Identity Crisis

By Vinnie NeubergApril 30, 2012
How were you sorted? ... More  →
Pottermore Sorting: Identity Crisis

Are You There, God? It's Us, the Judy Blume Book Club

By Chrissie GruebelApril 27, 2012
The first time I read Are You There God? It's Me Margaret, I was sitting on the floor of the young-adult section of my library. This was typical, but not because I lived in some weird town where the library... More  →
Are You There, God? It's Us, the Judy Blume Book Club

If the Zombie Apocalypse Happened Tomorrow, I'd Totally Want You On My Team

By Chelsea DaggerApril 24, 2012
HULLO GENTLEBUTTS AND SCHOLARS! ("Gentlebutts" sounded creepier than I meant it to, but there's no turning back now.) I'm going to keep things short and sappy: today is my 2-year anniversary as a Sparkitor, and I want to thank you guys for making the last... More  →
If the Zombie Apocalypse Happened Tomorrow, I'd Totally Want You On My Team

Has Lord of the Rings Sold Out?

By ContributorApril 24, 2012
If you’re anything like me, you’ve been marking down the days until the December 14th release of The Hobbit. As the premiere draws nearer, so also will the hype (and merchandise) increase, which leads me to this worrisome question: has The Lord of... More  →
Has Lord of the Rings Sold Out?

Teen Must-Read: The Fault in Our Stars

By ContributorApril 23, 2012
dac213 continues her new series by reviewing a Sparkler favorite! Book: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Synopsis: I could give you a pretty corny summary about how Hazel and Augustus learn to love, or learn to cope with... More  →
Teen Must-Read: The Fault in Our Stars