Skip over navigation

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 14

By ContributorSeptember 30, 2010
Coffinmaker's column is back! And this week, we've got a special knife-gun-y pic from blacktophat! —Sparkitors First, let me apologize to all my faithful readers for not posting for THREE DING-DARN WEEKS. Truth is, I've been something of a thespian since I... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 14

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 5

By Emily WinterSeptember 29, 2010
Chapters 12-15 The giant co-ed sleepover party at the Bingley house is over. Don't have a meltdown. The sleepover turned out to be a bust! I'm glad it's over! There was no kissing, no Truth or Dare, no Pin the Tail on the Darcy, no putting Caroline... More  →
Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 5

Prince Charming: Hunger Games Edition

By ContributorSeptember 27, 2010
If you think about it, you can solve most of life's problems with composite literary characters. Right,  japannah17? —Sparkitors Chessmedalist's article about Post-Potter Depression turned my thoughts to my own post-Hunger Games depression. Fanfic helps, but Mockingjay just came out.... More  →
Prince Charming: Hunger Games Edition

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 14

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 23, 2010
Chapter Fourteen: You Know Things Are Bad When You feel Guilty For Being Rude to Vampires Bella's Title: Mournful Sadness River Yes! On page 269 (the second page of the chapter), directly in the middle of the page, Stephenie Meyer mentions jet packs! Jacob is telling us... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 14

Books You Can Read with Your Younger Sibs

By ContributorSeptember 23, 2010
synchrogirl117 sounds like a really nice older sister. Nothing like the ed editing her work! —Sparkitors I've always loved to read, so it's hard for me to believe that there ARE people who don't like reading! (I know. I was shocked, too.) Unfortunately, my little... More  →
Books You Can Read with Your Younger Sibs

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as If It Were a Teen Novel: Part 4

By Emily WinterSeptember 22, 2010
Chapters 8-11 At Casa de Bingley—home of The Bingley Burger—the Bingley sisters don't give two peppery sharts about sick Jane Bennet, which makes Lizzy happy, because it means Lizzy's allowed to hate the Bingley sisters again. Being happy about being angry is really, really cool. Lizzy makes... More  →
Blogging Pride and Prejudice as If It Were a Teen Novel: Part 4

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 13

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 17, 2010
Chapter Thirteen: Good Thing I've Got a Strong Stomach Bella's Title: Air of the Wind Thankfully Bella's child grows at a rapid pace, because it's only been about a month, and already this pregnancy feels as long and tedious as an after-lunch physics class. Pop this kid... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 13

Book Review: Uglies, by Scott Westerfeld

By ContributorSeptember 17, 2010

This books sounds great; maybe Scott Westerfeld should hire you as his publicist, Nicole-Lyn!—Sparkitors

Despite its initially off-putting title, Uglies is an awesome book full of action, romance, and cool slang words you’ll want to use in public... More  →

Book Review: Uglies, by Scott Westerfeld

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as If It Were a Teen Novel: Part 3

By Emily WinterSeptember 15, 2010
Chapters 5-7 First of all, there's a typo. Dammit, Jane Austen, you should be ashamed of yourself! Did Microsoft 1809 not have grammar check?! Did you text the book to your editor? With you being such a fancy writer and all, you'd think you'd be able to... More  →
Blogging Pride and Prejudice as If It Were a Teen Novel: Part 3

Condensed Classics = AWESOME

By ContributorSeptember 13, 2010
princess_caroline21, you may have just changed our lives FOREVER.—Sparkitors If you're anything like me, you despise required reading, and if you despise required reading, you'll adore the concept of "condensed books." They're dialogues... More  →
Condensed Classics = AWESOME