Search Menu
Menu

Katniss Everdeen and Percy Weasley (Plus 6 More Hilariously Unlikely Fictional Couples)

By ElodieJuly 12, 2013
Nobody knows exactly what goes into the mix for a stable and stellar relationship, because they come in all shapes and sizes. But there are a few hypothetical fictional relationships that we can tell already would just be a great big fireball of disaster, and... More  →
Katniss Everdeen and Percy Weasley (Plus 6 More Hilariously Unlikely Fictional Couples)

Writer Wars: Who Knew Plagues Could Be So Much FUN?!

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 9, 2013
Your submissions last week ranged from lighthearted and funny to chillingly captivating, and it was an absolute PLEASURE to read them. 178 Dagger Points to everyone for being so fantastically creative (if you get one million Dagger Points, you can redeem them for a half-fu More  →
Writer Wars: Who Knew Plagues Could Be So Much FUN?!

Writer Wars Winner: "The Obesity Police" by whitewingedwolf!

By reidfaylorJuly 9, 2013
This week's Sparklers' Choice winner earned 23 votes and enthusiastic accolades, and it's not hard to see why; the pared-down writing style, stunningly unique concept, and wry social commentary combine to make whitewingedwolf's story a truly unforgettable piece of fiction More  →
Writer Wars Winner: "The Obesity Police" by whitewingedwolf!

Your Favorite Children's Books-With a Hilarious Twist!

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 8, 2013
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, The BFG, Calvin and Hobbes—remember how much you loved those books when you were a kid (and/or last week, when you re-read them for the 1000th while lying upside-down on the couch and spraying whip cream into your mouth)?... More  →
Your Favorite Children's Books-With a Hilarious Twist!

Paranormal Romance's Last Gasp: 5 Supernaturals that Deserve a Chance

By Rebecca Jane StokesJuly 2, 2013
Once the hottest thing in YA lit, vampires are now totally dead (again). But before paranormal romance fizzles out completely, we want to send some love to all the other creatures who lurk in the shadows, making our hearts race but in a good way. Here... More  →
Paranormal Romance's Last Gasp: 5 Supernaturals that Deserve a Chance

Writer Wars Winner: "Rosie" by CrepuscularSnidget!

By reidfaylorJune 25, 2013
Her heartbreaking short story tied for the Sparklers' Choice Award last week, earning 14 votes and an amazing illustrated slideshow of her winning submission! Click through to read her entry (HAVE YOUR KLEENEX AT THE READY), and remember: next week, your story might take to More  →
Writer Wars Winner: "Rosie" by CrepuscularSnidget!

BURIED: The Most Intense Writer Wars Yet!

By Chelsea DaggerJune 25, 2013
I give you a prompt about a discovering a buried item and you go TOTALLY OFF THE GRID. I LOVE IT. Last week's story submissions were shocking in the best way; dark, tragic, and full of unexpected twists. Two tales tied for Sparklers' Choice with 14 votes each; you can check More  →
BURIED: The Most Intense Writer Wars Yet!

12 Fictional Characters You Should Definitely Invite to Your Birthday Party

By ElodieJune 21, 2013
We’ve already settled on who not to invite to your birthday party, because that’s a perfectly reasonable thing that normal people do. For instance, I already know who I don’t want at my wedding; so far the list includes Darren Criss, because if I'm... More  →
12 Fictional Characters You Should Definitely Invite to Your Birthday Party

Writer Wars: You're All Geniuses in My Book

By Chelsea DaggerJune 18, 2013
If you haven't yet basked in the glory of his masterpiece, which pays illustrated homage to the story that earned the most votes last week, then you'd best go check it out it right now. I'm not kidding. Get over there, fast. NOW IS NO TIME FOR LOLLYGAGGING, SPARKLERS! MA More  →
Writer Wars: You're All Geniuses in My Book