Skip over navigation

Shakespeare Just Got SERVED

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 9, 2011
When he saw last week's prompt, Shakespeare was all, "I'm the BARD, beezies. COME AT ME." And then his pompous butt got royally owned—because you were all "BOOM! I just re-wrote Romeo and Juliet in 6 minutes! Put that in your potentially plagiarized... More  →
Shakespeare Just Got SERVED

The Help

By ContributorAugust 9, 2011
We're SO happy for two reasons: The first is that Lonks has finally reached the halfway mark in her epic quest, and the second is that The Help movie comes out TOMORROW!—Sparkitors Book #50 (*does happy dance*): The Help Author: Kathryn... More  →
The Help

5 Reasons Why "To Kill a Mockingbird" is Great

By ContributorAugust 8, 2011
camillagluh gives props to the best (and probably only) book to include characters named "Scout," "Atticus," and "Boo Radley." —Sparkitors I'm supposed to be reading classic literature for my AP English Lit class next year, but as of last week I... More  →
5 Reasons Why "To Kill a Mockingbird" is Great

Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Part 6

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 5, 2011
Chapter Sixteen: Professor Trelawney's Prediction Better Title: The First of Many Deaths Poor ol' Buckbeak is killed at the end of this chapter in a shocking and tense scene that hints at the darkness to come in the world of Harry Potter. We all know that Buckbeak... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Part 6

How Many Hours Should You Date Someone Before HND?

By ContributorAugust 5, 2011
From NBK to HND? Faye's getting ready for college with THE NAKED ROOMMATE. —Sparkitors Two-hundred and fifty one pages in and we’ve finally reached the good stuff—Chapters 8 and 9 of the Naked Roommate: Dating, Relationships, and S-E-X! Woo! I can finally share with... More  →
How Many Hours Should You Date Someone Before HND?

Reading List for the Yale-Bound

By ContributorAugust 4, 2011
Laura, aka rosefan42, is a British Sparkler applying to Yale. This week she shows us her summer reading list! —Sparkitors Happy summer, Sparklers! I am in FRANCE right now, typing away at a really weird French keyboard, so if my writing goes a... More  →
Reading List for the Yale-Bound

Twilight: Ignoring the Menstrual Cycle

By ContributorAugust 3, 2011
This open letter to Stephenie Meyer—by Mollyisa*—is short, sweet, and to the point. Period. —Sparkitors Dear Mrs. Meyer: While your stories are riveting in many ways (at least to young girls and goldfish, who find most things riveting since their memory lasts approximately 3 seconds),... More  →
Twilight: Ignoring the Menstrual Cycle

Who's Your Literary Girlfriend?

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 3, 2011
Are you cranky, selfish, and hiding a bevy of unpleasant secrets? Jane Eyre is the lady for you! Endlessly forgiving and utterly imperturbable, she'll stick by you no matter how hideous your past offenses. In fact, don't try to whitewash your nasty bits at all; the better to More  →
Who's Your Literary Girlfriend?

Let's Put the "Fun" Back in "Cemetery"!

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 2, 2011
Who would have thought that the words "cemetery" and "in a tree" could inspire you to such heights of literary greatness? Last week's prompt brought out your dark side—there were enough ghosts, murders, tear-streaked faces, and graveyards to win Stephen King a Pulitzer—but... More  →
Let's Put the "Fun" Back in "Cemetery"!

Slipping Reality: A Sparkler's Debut Novel!

By ContributorAugust 2, 2011
We're so thrilled to announce that PrestigiousTimeLady, one of our favorite (and most hilarious) Sparklers, has written a BOOK! We are now in the presence of greatness.—Sparkitors Helllooooo, Sparklers! For those of you who don’t know me, I’m PrestigiousTimeLady, aka Emily, the writer... More  →
Slipping Reality: A Sparkler's Debut Novel!