Skip over navigation

Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Part 3

By Dan_BergsteinJune 3, 2011
Chapter Seven: Mudbloods and Murmurs Better Title: Ron Barfs Up Slugs It's tough reading the word "murmur" without thinking of a certain series of awful novels about the hardships of being perfect. The word itself isn't horrible. It's a very good word. It's not the word's fault... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Part 3

The Beach House: A Scathing Review

By ContributorJune 3, 2011

Nicole-Lyn noticed a serious lack of pre-2000 book reviews and decided to bridge the gap with a gem from 1992. Were books even INVENTED by 1992?—Sparkitors

You remember R. L. Stine, don’t you? He’s the guy who wrote a

... More  →
The Beach House: A Scathing Review

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

By ContributorJune 1, 2011
Lonks' choice this week is a favorite of the Sparkitors! Book #34: The Perks of Being a Wallflower Author: Stephen Chbosky Reason for Reading: Three reasons: 1. Several Sparklers have suggested it, and so have several friends. 2. I loved the title! 3. A movie... More  →
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Blogging Wicked Lovely: Part 2

By Megan PrietzelJune 1, 2011
Megan is back with her second installment of Blogging Wicked Lovely, and it's got enough faeries to haunt your dreams for a thousand years.—Sparkitors Chapter 2: Aislinn is still being stalked by Donia and Keenan but won’t go home because her grandma will... More  →
Blogging Wicked Lovely: Part 2

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society

By ContributorMay 31, 2011
Lonks gives her most glowing review EVER!—Sparkitors Book #33: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society Author: Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows Reason for Reading: I remembered several Sparklers suggesting this book to me, and it caught my attention with... More  →
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society

Holding On: Chapter 10

By ContributorMay 31, 2011
willwriteforhearts returns with another chapter of her riveting story!—Sparkitors I’ve been picking at the dirt for the past ten minutes or so, careless about the fact that it’s getting under my fingers and turning them black. “Alice…” Lois nudges me nervously while we eat... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 10

Forks and Phone Conversations

By ContributorMay 30, 2011
17-year-old Scott-Free is blogging THE RULES, the ultimate dating guide book, as he travels the country. —Sparkitors This post is dedicated to Forks, Washington, because I passed through that little town this week, and I saw the shadow of Twilight covering it. The Chamber... More  →
Forks and Phone Conversations

Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Part 2

By Dan_BergsteinMay 27, 2011
Chapter Four: Flourish and Blotts Better Title: Hermione's Mom and Dad's Big Scene Harry's parents play a pivotal roll in the overall mythology of the series. Ron's parents acts as Harry's family, and their involvement in the story escalates with each book. But Hermione's parents? They are... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Part 2

Chivalry vs. Jerkiness

By ContributorMay 23, 2011
Scott-Free is blogging the dating guide, The Rules. Is his pen mightier than his Styrofoam sword? —Sparkitors This post is dedicated to Animated_Antipathy, who wrote a shining post on chivalry last week. It was so powerful that I decided to take up... More  →
Chivalry vs. Jerkiness

Harry Potter’s Parents Deserved to Die (Uh Oh).

By ContributorMay 20, 2011

We're pretttty sure this post by MHS16 is going to cause a flat-out riot. Should we deploy the tear gas now or later?—Sparkitors

“How dare she!” “Blasphemy!” “What was she thinking?!” I am sure this is a reasonable approximation... More  →
Harry Potter’s Parents Deserved to Die (Uh Oh).