Search Menu
Menu

5 Self-Help Books You Shouldn't be Embarrassed to Read

By Bo LarkinSeptember 27, 2013
You need help. We all need help. Though So You Fart Uncontrollably in Public, Now What? may not be a title to read at the coffee shop, not all self-help books are destined to be read locked in your bedroom, in the closet, under... More  →
5 Self-Help Books You Shouldn't be Embarrassed to Read

Banned Books Week: Protect Your Freedom to Read!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 26, 2013
It’s Banned Books Week, Sparklers, which means it’s time to think about all those wonderful books out there that are being censored to “protect” you from their dirty, corrupting, and usually realistic takes on life.  Many of our favorite classics have shown up on... More  →
Banned Books Week: Protect Your Freedom to Read!

Writer Wars: Now You See Me, Now You Don't!

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 25, 2013
MY SINCEREST APOLOGIES ON PUBLISHING THIS A DAY LATE, SPARKTHORS. (Yes, I decided to go with "Sparkthors" after no one raised any objections. IT'S THAT OR "BUTTSKIS." TAKE YOUR PICK.) I'll skip the formalities and get right down to biznass; The_Lucky_Cat pulled off a hat More  →
Writer Wars: Now You See Me, Now You Don't!

Writer Wars Winner: "All That Remains" by The_Lucky_Cat

By reidfaylorSeptember 24, 2013
This Sparkthor (like "Sparkler plus author"? Is "Authler" catchier? Yes? No? Hard pass?) is on a ROLL, buttskis. She not only took home both the Sparklers's Choice Award AND the Dagger's Choice Award last week, but she also won AGAIN this week! It all actually worked out so More  →
Writer Wars Winner: "All That Remains" by The_Lucky_Cat

Dead Author Interviews: Jane Austen

By Rebecca Jane StokesSeptember 23, 2013
After my mixed luck interviewing Lewis Carroll, I decided to next visit with an author renowned for her quick wit and sanity. Jane Austen has long been a major influence on me, and on countless other women who write, read, and just generally... More  →
Dead Author Interviews: Jane Austen

The Cutest Names in Fiction

By ShivSeptember 20, 2013
The cuteness of a name is pretty arbitrary. After all, cute for one person might be really, really gross for another. But it definitely helps if the name in question is short, fun to say, and sounds happy. When it comes to fiction, authors are... More  →
The Cutest Names in Fiction

Fun Casting News for The Fault in Our Stars and Mockingjay!

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 19, 2013
Are you in a state of non-stop squealing excitement over all the amazing YA novels that are getting made into movies next year? Is the sheer volume of production buzz and casting news and trailers and teasers starting to make you go cross-eyed? Are you... More  →
Fun Casting News for The Fault in Our Stars and Mockingjay!

Write Like a BOSS: Tips and Quotes From Our Favorite Authors!

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 18, 2013
A wildly famous, ridiculously good-looking, absurdly brilliant, very good-looking, widely acclaimed, good-looking writer once said, "Am I good-looking? Obviously. But that doesn't make writing any easier." (And yes, as you probably ascertained from that startlingly accurate More  →
Write Like a BOSS: Tips and Quotes From Our Favorite Authors!