Search Menu
Menu

Classic Kids' Books That NEED To Be Made Into Action Movies

By Lisa BernierDecember 5, 2012
Have you ever re-read one of your favorite books from childhood and thought, "Wow, that would make a great action movie!"? And then written a brilliant script for that imaginary movie? And then sent said script to several production companies, all of whom decided to... More  →
Classic Kids' Books That NEED To Be Made Into Action Movies

The Best NaNoWriMo Closing Sentences

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 30, 2012
As the last few hours of National Novel Writing Month tick by, hopefully you have your manuscript in good shape. Now all you need to do is add that final sentence to tie everything together brilliantly. Writing a last sentence can be as frustrating as... More  →
The Best NaNoWriMo Closing Sentences

The Worst Nonfiction You'll Read In School

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 27, 2012
Every year, you can count on some sort of controversy and argument over What Kids Are Reading making its way into the news cycle—and of course, we've all heard the stories of angsty parents demanding a book be struck from the list because it contains... More  →
The Worst Nonfiction You'll Read In School

Things That Annoy You About Your Favorite Book Series

By Kristin_HuntNovember 27, 2012
When it comes to your favorite book series, it’s hard to do anything but tell people it’s the best thing ever and they’re dummies for “applying to college” when they could be reading it. But there are always little things about those books that bug... More  →
Things That Annoy You About Your Favorite Book Series

Need to Satisfy Your Vampire Craving? I've Got Your Fix.

By ContributorNovember 27, 2012
Full disclosure: I spend what many people would consider an unhealthy amount of time surfing the Interweb. And, since I am both an avid reader and a book blogger, I often go onto forums and the like to see what all the hip young people... More  →
Need to Satisfy Your Vampire Craving? I've Got Your Fix.

Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must-Reads: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

By ContributorNovember 27, 2012
Book: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith Better title: Been Pissed at My Dad for a Year But it’s All Okay Now Synopsis: Hadley Sullivan hasn’t seen her father for a year, and now she’s going to London... More  →
Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must-Reads: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

Upcoming YA Novels to Get Excited About!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 20, 2012
We're always on the lookout for awesome new books, and luckily, awesome new books come out all the time! Here's a list of the most anticipated and fantastic-sounding YA novels coming out in the next few months. So get excited! More  →
Upcoming YA Novels to Get Excited About!

These Supporting Characters Are So Awesome That They Deserve Their Own Book

By Melissa AlbertNovember 14, 2012
Just because J.K. Rowling's done (OR IS SHE?) writing about Harry Potter, boy wizard, doesn't mean the world's done hearing about him. And just because Tolkien's Arwen is a relatively slight character, it doesn't mean she hasn't inspired enough... More  →
These Supporting Characters Are So Awesome That They Deserve Their Own Book

Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must-Reads: Jasper Jones

By ContributorNovember 9, 2012
Book: Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey Better title (yep, I’m going there): To Kill a Mockingbird in Australia (So maybe To Kill a Kookaburra?) Synopsis: Charlie Bucktin’s relatively simple life is turned upside-down when Jasper Jones, resident pariah and bad boy by default,... More  →
Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must-Reads: Jasper Jones

Which Literary Character Is Your Best Friend?

By Lauren PassellOctober 30, 2012
All book lovers know that when the chips are down, our books are there for usto comfort us, to hold us tight, and tell us that everything is going to be okay. Their characters can be good friends with... More  →
Which Literary Character Is Your Best Friend?