Search Menu
Menu

A Battle to End All Battles: Harry Potter VS The Hunger Games

By ContributorAugust 3, 2012
Well, Sparklers, Crazywritergirl and I (Metalhead865) have once again returned! And after my Indiana Jones fanhood was completely crushed by all but two–TWO–commenters voting for Han Solo, I have to concede that war to CWG. But today, we have... More  →
A Battle to End All Battles: Harry Potter VS The Hunger Games

Words for Things You Never Knew Had Names

By ElodieAugust 3, 2012
When I was little, I asked my mom, “Why does everything have a name?” I chose to float this question while we were battling our way through the mall for some last-minute Christmas shopping, so she was harried and distracted while I was eight years... More  →
Words for Things You Never Knew Had Names

Three Reasons Sherlock Holmes Is Probably an Alien

By ContributorAugust 2, 2012
Over the course of the summer, I’ve become a fan of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. In the past six weeks, I’ve already read 22 of the 56 short stories and all four novels, and I’ve deduced that Holmes must... More  →
Three Reasons Sherlock Holmes Is Probably an Alien

What's You Hunger Games Name?

By ContributorAugust 1, 2012
We all know that the Hunger Games has sort of become the bigger and better version of Twilight. But the next film is still more than 500 sleeps away. So, to keep you from curling up in a corner with all your fan-dom gear and... More  →
What's You Hunger Games Name?

Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone Makes Us Blue

By Swapna KrishnaAugust 1, 2012
So, there’s this girl, Karou. She lives in Prague and is a seventeen-year-old art student. On the surface, Karou seems to be your average, blue-haired, tattooed teen. But when you take a closer look, there’s something strange about Karou. Those tattoos on her hands? She’s... More  →
Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone Makes Us Blue

True or False: This Statement is a Lie. (HA! That Title Was Rather Clever, Wasn't It? Maybe?)

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 31, 2012
In case it wasn't made painfully obvious by my obviously painful attempt at wit in this week's title, last week's Writer Wars was all about DECEPTION. There was deceit, there was disguise, there were assassins and fake sisters and Hannah Montannas galore. It... More  →
True or False: This Statement is a Lie. (HA! That Title Was Rather Clever, Wasn't It? Maybe?)

10 Ways To Procrastinate On Your Summer Reading

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 31, 2012
Pack your schedule with summer activities that keep you far too busy to read. More  →
10 Ways To Procrastinate On Your Summer Reading

Happy Birthday, JK Rowling!

By Hanna HagenJuly 31, 2012
All hail birthday queen JK Rowling! Our beloved creator of Harry Potter is turning 47 today, and looks as lovely as she did when the books came out years ago. Here are some photos to celebrate the birth of this imaginative Brit. More  →
Happy Birthday, JK Rowling!

9 Most Memorable Book Minions

By Scott GreenstoneJuly 30, 2012
Movie minions are great and all, but let us not forget the rich minion culture in books! These sci-fi, fantasy and horror novels are filled to the brim with awesome, interesting minions controlled by magicians and vampires, or who've sworn their lives to... More  →
9 Most Memorable Book Minions

Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must Reads: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian

By ContributorJuly 30, 2012
To catch up on all of dac213's book reviews, click here! Book: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie Synopsis: Junior, desperate to break his family’s cycle of poverty, alcoholism, and hopelessness, transfers to Reardan High, where... More  →
Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must Reads: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian