Skip over navigation

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 8

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 13, 2010
Chapter Eight: Waiting for the Damn Fight to Start Already Bella's Title: Concupiscence Jacob! The middle section of this book shifts focus, and instead of listening to Bella yap about how her life is worse than hell despite the fact that she gets everything she wants,... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 8

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 9

By ContributorAugust 12, 2010
Coffinmaker is blogging Wuthering Heights. Zing! —Sparkitors I have a question for everyone reading this: if you could read a book narrated by anybody in the world, real or imagined, who would you pick? For me it would probably be any of the More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 9

If I Rewrote Twilight

By ContributorAugust 11, 2010
quirky*ghost is AWESSSSSSSOME! We love "kick in the nuggets." —Sparkitors Ah, Twilight, how I loathe you. I cannot begin to number the times I have wished that you had never been written. This was, of course, before I realized that you contain the power... More  →
If I Rewrote Twilight

Four Ways to Fun Up Summer Reading

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 10, 2010
Many years ago, when the world was still a civilized place, people understood innately that the words "summer" and "reading" should never, EVER go together. It was a glorious epoch, and it should have lasted forever. But alas, sometime during the 20th century, school administrators... More  →
Four Ways to Fun Up Summer Reading

A Sparkler's Favorite Fantasy Series, Part 2

By ContributorAugust 10, 2010
Thanks for all the great suggestions, aab19!—Sparkitors Almost everyone on SparkLife is an avid reader, but not everyone here is an avid fantasy reader! You'd be hard-pressed to find someone who loved fantasy books as... More  →
A Sparkler's Favorite Fantasy Series, Part 2

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 7

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 6, 2010
Chapter Seven: Unexpected Better Title: Totally Expected Bella's pregnant. We all knew it. And now Bella and Edward know it too. The chapter begins with Bella waking up in the middle of the night to find a note left by Eddie. He has slipped out to kill... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 7

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 8

By ContributorAugust 5, 2010
We keep waiting for CoffinMaker to throw the book down and take up rollerskating instead, but he's still going. And this installment cracked us the H up. —Sparkitors Hindley's having a baby! Nelly says she skipped to the end of the summer, so she... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 8

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 6

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 29, 2010
Chapter Six: Distractions Better Title: Disregard That Last Chapter…And Most of the First Three Books Before we begin, you should know that Stephenie Meyer uses the word "sex" twice in this chapter. Upon reading the scandalous word, I became so worked up that I joined a gang,... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 6

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 7

By ContributorJuly 29, 2010
This week, CoffinMaker blogs Wuthering Heights while on vacation. Now that's what we call a dedicated Sparkler. —Sparkitors Guess what? There's ballistic applesauce in this chapter! Ballistic applesauce is probably one of the most awesome things around besides bagels. Teehee! Bagels! Ba—ba—bahahahagels! Okay, sorry. (Bagels.) At the... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 7

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 5

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 23, 2010
Chapter Five: Isle Esme Better Title: Tee-hee For the first dozen or so pages of this chapter, I wasn't sure if Bella and Edward had sex, or if they spent their wedding night playing rigorous street hockey. But then all is revealed, in a roundabout, convoluted manner.... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 5