Skip over navigation

The Screwtape Letters

By ContributorJuly 27, 2011
Lonks is THIIIIS CLOSE to being halfway done with her epic challenge!—Sparkitors Book #49: The Screwtape Letters Author: C.S. Lewis Reason for Reading: Who doesn’t want to read two C.S. Lewis books in a row? Quote: "Whatever their bodies do affects their souls. It... More  →
The Screwtape Letters

Out of the Silent Planet

By ContributorJuly 25, 2011
Book #48: Out of the Silent Planet (The Space Trilogy, Book #1) Author: C.S. Lewis Reason for Reading: Two Words: Summer. Reading. At my school, summer reading consists of two books: one required and one free choice. Now, free choice is a bit of an oxymoron,... More  →
 Out of the Silent Planet

Dear Albert: Meeeeeeep

By Emily WinterJuly 22, 2011
Want to see Dear Albert on a weekly basis? We’ll post Dear Alberts weekly instead of monthly if this column can get 100 Facebook Likes. It’s up to you, Sparklers! –Sparkitors "Hey, retard!" a familiar voice booms from down the hall. "Hey, Sam!" it calls again. I... More  →
Dear Albert: Meeeeeeep

Sororities, Sports, and a Little Bit of Jesus

By ContributorJuly 22, 2011
Faye in a sorority?! Whhhhhhoa. —Sparkitors Ahh, the beautiful city of New Philabostiago. Located between the Mountains-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named and the Non Specific Ocean. Famous for the Philly cheese steak, Brooklyn Bridge, and the Eiffel Tower, with a name that I just made up. I’m blogging chapters... More  →
Sororities, Sports, and a Little Bit of Jesus

Who's Your Literary Boyfriend?

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 22, 2011
Do you enjoy English manses, snooty in-laws, and delayed gratification? Then Mr. Darcy is your man! You must allow him to tell you how ardently he admires and loves you—but first, you'll have to let him snub you, insult your family, and mess up your sister's love life. For More  →
Who's Your Literary Boyfriend?

Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Part 4

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 21, 2011
Chapter Ten: The Marauder's Map Better Title: Sirius Black? More like Lyteharted Green. (I don't know what that means, but it made me laugh. So…tahdah!) Harry is still recovering from his fall during the Quidditch game, and now he's even more afraid of the Dementors because... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Part 4

Summer Reading for the Magic-Deprived

By Melissa AlbertJuly 21, 2011
What will we do now that Harry Potter is over and there's no such thing as magic? This is the question we asked ourselves when exiting the theater last week after Deathly Hallows Part II. But now we know the answer: bury ourselves in fantasy... More  →
Summer Reading for the Magic-Deprived

Mark Twain Has Some Suggestions For You

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 20, 2011
If you've never read Mark Twain's highly useful "Advice to Little Girls," this would be a good time to check out the illustrated version of these exceptionally fabulous lifestyle tips from the King of All Curmudgeons at the New York Review of Books... More  →
Mark Twain Has Some Suggestions For You

Dear Mr. Potter

By ContributorJuly 20, 2011
Lonks hits book 47 with a title we've never heard of—but we're so thankful she brought it to our Potter-lovin' attention!—Sparkitors Book #47: Dear Mr. Potter Authors: Various, Compiled and Edited by Lily Zalon Reason for Reading: I love Harry Potter. I’ve been... More  →
Dear Mr. Potter

Do You Fit These Dating Stereotypes?

By ContributorJuly 19, 2011
Chapter 10 of BLOGGING THE RULES is alllll stereotypes. How many of them does Scott-Free think are true? Read on to find out! —Sparkitors Rule #10: How to Act on Dates 4 Through Commitment Time. “On the first three dates, you showed up and acted... More  →
Do You Fit These Dating Stereotypes?