Skip over navigation
Menu

Books Week Is Coming!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 1, 2012
Get ready, Sparklers, because what might be the best week ever is coming up on SparkLife! And no, it's not Bacon Week. It's Books Week! We're going to spend the entire week of June 11 through 15 being even more dedicated to books than we... More  →
Books Week Is Coming!

The Problems with Harry Potter

By ContributorMay 31, 2012
If there’s one thing we can all agree on, it’s that J.K. Rowling is a God-like GENIUS who should receive nothing but unlimited adoration from the entire human race. The only reason I'm establishing that is so later on in this post, when you feel... More  →
The Problems with Harry Potter

10 Signs You Might Be Living In a YA Novel

By Melissa AlbertMay 31, 2012
1. Something strange is going on. Animals are looking at you sideways. Things fall off desks when you walk by. You have a sudden hankering for red meat, and you wake up with muddy feet. Did you recently have a birthday? We... More  →
10 Signs You Might Be Living In a YA Novel

Summer YA Fiction: A Round-Up

By Swapna KrishnaMay 30, 2012
Summer's really the best time for books. Life is a little slower, a little lazier, and we all seem to have more time for reading and relaxing (especially if it's by the pool!). It seems like publishers have noticed this as well because some of... More  →
Summer YA Fiction: A Round-Up

How Fictional Characters Can Affect Your LIFE

By ElodieMay 30, 2012
Since we’re all Sparklers and self-proclaimed nerds of the highest caliber, it’s no surprise to us that fictional universes can be life-changing. Who here sobbed at the end of The Book Thief? How many of us started fist pumping uncontrollably when Gryffindor won the... More  →
How Fictional Characters Can Affect Your LIFE

Holding On: Chapter 21

By ContributorMay 29, 2012
Catch up on Chapter 20 of willwriteforhearts' thrilling fiction project right here! Thomas looks terrified for a second, like he suddenly doesn’t know where he is or what he’s doing or why, freezing like I have. Speechless, both of us. Yeah, that doesn’t... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 21

How to Write a Non-Cheesy Fantasy Novel

By ContributorMay 29, 2012
Come on, don’t tell me you haven’t looked at a favorite fantasy novel and thought, “I could do that.” I don’t remember why I started, but it’s been almost five years since I began my first novel, and I’ve learned a thing or two since... More  →
How to Write a Non-Cheesy Fantasy Novel

A Facebook Chat Between Catwoman and The Joker

By RG DanielsMay 29, 2012
Catwoman: hey Joker: hey Catwoman: whatup jokes magotes? Joker: -__- Catwoman: lol! just playin' Joker: ;) i kno how was the governors ball? Catwoman: was ok i guess i lost an earring so i was kinda bummed for a while Joker: yeah? did you lose it dancing with b-man??? Catwoman: lol! shut! up! Joker: i bet u 2... More  →
A Facebook Chat Between Catwoman and The Joker

BOOK REVIEW: The Heir of Night by Helen Lowe

By Swapna KrishnaMay 29, 2012
The Heir of Night, the first in a four-book series called The Wall of Night, might be an “adult” fantasy novel, but it certainly has wide-ranging appeal. The main character, Malian, is the teenage heir to the House of Night. In the world of Haarth,... More  →
BOOK REVIEW: The Heir of Night by Helen Lowe

The Most Annoying "Mary Sues" in Fiction

By Melissa AlbertMay 29, 2012
Most often found lurking in fan fiction, Mary Sue inspires rage in all who read her. Afflicted with such traits as unflinching goodness, inexplicable sex appeal, and comically overwritten good looks, Mary Sue is often the character the author wishes... More  →
The Most Annoying "Mary Sues" in Fiction