Search Menu
Menu

CATS! And Other "Hunger Games: Catching Fire" News

By Ashley Brooke RobertsNovember 13, 2013
We’re so happy to hear you’ve been obsessively watching The Pet Collective’s video portrayal of The Hunger Games too! We were worried we might be the only ones hitting refresh over and over again on this super cute cat video. Oh, wait, what... More  →
CATS! And Other "Hunger Games: Catching Fire" News

NaNoWriMo and the Art of the First Draft

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 12, 2013
Greetings, NaNoWriMo authors-to-be, and welcome to your partway peptalk! We're nearly halfway through November, which means that if things are going well, a nice, beefy chunk of original novel has already exited your body sometime over the past week and a half. (Remember: inspiration can... More  →
NaNoWriMo and the Art of the First Draft

A Hunger Games Theme Park?!

By Janet ManleyNovember 12, 2013
You've sipped butterbeer at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and ridden the Indiana Jones Adventure ride at Disneyworld, now contemplate the latest theme park that could be in the works: A Hunger Games amusement park. Investors have approached Lionsgate about opportunities to... More  →
A Hunger Games Theme Park?!

JLaw Tells Us Which Catching Fire Castmate Teases Her About Her Oscar and The Fan Memory That Still Makes Her Cry!

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 11, 2013
Sure, I've had other great days. There was that day when I pulled my sweatpants out of the dryer and found three half-melted, mostly-edible Starbursts in the left pocket (one red and two pinks!).There was that day when my hair looked Blake Lively-level good for upwards o More  →
JLaw Tells Us Which Catching Fire Castmate Teases Her About Her Oscar and The Fan Memory That Still Makes Her Cry!

New Teen Book Genres

By andrew joanisNovember 11, 2013
Coming to a book store near you, YA bookshelves sorted by brand new genres and sub-genres. More  →
New Teen Book Genres

How to Deal If You're Already So Over Your NaNoWriMo Novel

By Melissa AlbertNovember 8, 2013
You've been living with your novel for a week now. It doesn't sound that long, but it's enough to know whether you already want to kill it by fire. Maybe you came in unprepared, maybe your characters are refusing to be as interesting as you... More  →
How to Deal If You're Already So Over Your NaNoWriMo Novel

How I Live Now Opens Today! We Got the Goss on the Edgy Film and Killer Soundtrack From Director Kevin Macdonald

By Janet ManleyNovember 8, 2013
If you loved Meg Rosoff's book How I Live Now about teen love in a war-torn future, you will LOVE the film adaptation, starring Saoirse Ronan and George McKay, and directed by cinematic heavyweight and endearing sweater-wearer Kevin Macdonald. The film focuses on a super sweet... More  →
How I Live Now Opens Today! We Got the Goss on the Edgy Film and Killer Soundtrack From Director Kevin Macdonald

NaNoWriMo and the Lure of the Half-Blank Page

By Kathryn_WilliamsNovember 6, 2013
Whelp, here we go again. NaNoWriMo time. The Internet has not yet figured out a way to imbue the written word with a tone of voice, so until Google gets on that, I will tell you how I am write-saying those statements: with a combination... More  →
NaNoWriMo and the Lure of the Half-Blank Page

Catching Fire Countdown: T MINUS 15 DAYS! Let's Celebrate with a SLIDESHOW.

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 6, 2013
15 DAYS, TRI-BUTTS. THAT'S ROUGHLY TWO WEEKS. 365 HOURS. ONE MILLION-ELEVENTY-HUNDRED SECONDS. (Approximately. I didn't have a calculator, so I just used long division and guesstimation on that one.) You've been waiting since March 23, 2012 and I know you can wait just a More  →
Catching Fire Countdown: T MINUS 15 DAYS! Let's Celebrate with a SLIDESHOW.

Writer Wars Winner: "Malcolm and Richard Save the World" by radha24!

By reidfaylorNovember 5, 2013
Congrats to radha24-totlcrzynerdwholuvsbks, whose full username was too long to put in the title of this post! Her quirky tale of enemies-turned-allies earned 8 votes and last week's Sparklers' Choice Award—and with her sharp sense of humor and gift for character develo More  →
Writer Wars Winner: "Malcolm and Richard Save the World" by radha24!