Search Menu
Menu

Ryan Gosling Loves Writer Wars (He Told Me So Himself)

By Chelsea DaggerJune 4, 2013
The series returned with a VENGEANCE last week; you posted 92 comments and some of the best stories ever to appear on SparkLife! I AM REPLETE WITH PRIDE, BUTTS. I AM A SWEATY BUCKET OF PROUDNESS. But enough about my perspiration problems; let's move on to more important thin More  →
Ryan Gosling Loves Writer Wars (He Told Me So Himself)

10 Upcoming YA Books to Add to Your Summer Reading List!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 4, 2013
There's no better way to spend summer break than getting caught up in a new book. Or two. Or twenty. And that's even more satisfying when the book you're caught up in is hot off the presses! To gear you up for the best summer reading of your lives, here are the top ten upcom More  →
10 Upcoming YA Books to Add to Your Summer Reading List!

Movie-to-Book Adaptations We Want to Read

By Josh SorokachJune 3, 2013
Turning a successful book series into a blockbuster movie franchise is fairly common in The Wood (which is how I assume industry insiders refer to Hollywood). The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Beautiful Creatures—Tinseltown's been using the written word to create thousand-dollar—possibly even million-dollar—movie franchises since at... More  →
Movie-to-Book Adaptations We Want to Read

11 Fictional Characters You Shouldn't Invite to Your Birthday Party

By ElodieMay 29, 2013
So you're reviewing your birthday party guest list, and you're thinking, "This is great, but you know what it needs? More fictional characters." Right? We've all been there. But it's hard, because the fictional universe is littered with the likes of these potential party-ruiners: 1. Severus... More  →
11 Fictional Characters You Shouldn't Invite to Your Birthday Party

Writer Wars is BACK, Baby! (And You Have Only Yourselves to Blame.)

By Chelsea DaggerMay 29, 2013
You Sparklebutts have got me cornered. I cannot withstand your adorable pleading any longer; your winsome whining has melted my cold, cold (yet inexplicably still sweaty) heart. So here it is: the long-awaited, much-anticipated return... More  →
Writer Wars is BACK, Baby! (And You Have Only Yourselves to Blame.)

15 Fun Pop Culture Favorites to Catch Up on This Summer!

By Josh SorokachMay 17, 2013
It's practically summer. How do I know this? Because I'm writing this post from New York's historic Madison Square Park, where all the telltale signs of summer are on full display. Shirtless dudes looking cool and tossing the ol' frisbee around? Check. An elderly man... More  →
15 Fun Pop Culture Favorites to Catch Up on This Summer!

What's Your Percy Jackson Name?

By Sydney ScottMay 15, 2013
My little brother has been nagging me to read The Lightening Thief for the last year. And with the newest installment of the film series coming out soon, I figured I should at least check it out. So I gave in and read the... More  →
What's Your Percy Jackson Name?

20 Books To Make Your Summer Awesome

By Lauren PassellMay 13, 2013
Looking for some good reading to pass those lazy summer days? These books are the pig’s pajamas, according to us. Read ‘em and weep. (The happy kind of weep, obv.) They can be read on beaches, in your underwear, in the bathtub, sprawled out in your back yard, in the car, More  →
20 Books To Make Your Summer Awesome

Don't Freak Out, But I Don't Think The Great Gatsby Is All That Great

By Ricki HurtadoMay 9, 2013
Like the rest of you Sparklers, I am crazy excited for The Great Gatsby movie coming out this weekend! As a teenage girl, I am morally obligated to see every film Leonardo DiCaprio is in and swoon into my popcorn every time he... More  →
Don't Freak Out, But I Don't Think The Great Gatsby Is All That Great

SparkLife Poetry Club: Beauty

By Ricki HurtadoMay 8, 2013
Woohoo—it looks like we got some newcomers on the last post! So before we get down to business, I'd like to welcome all the rookies into our quaint little poetry club. I would offer you a jacket or a least a button, but my artistic... More  →
SparkLife Poetry Club: Beauty