Search Menu
Menu

Blogging B&N's Teen Must-Reads: Daughter of Smoke and Bone

By ContributorOctober 2, 2012
Book: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor Synopsis: Karou’s past is shrouded in mystery. She knows she was raised by four chimaera (very human mentally/emotionally, but a combination of human and animal physically) in a shop whose owner, Brimstone, traffics... More  →
Blogging B&N's Teen Must-Reads: Daughter of Smoke and Bone

The Casual Vacancy Book Club Part 3: Everybody's Got Problems

By Brandon SpecktorOctober 1, 2012
Welcome to part three of CasVac Book Club. Wake up and smell the teen angst! Today in the chapter called "Tuesday" we get two views of the public housing projects known as The Fields. The first one comes from social worker Kay Bawden, who picks up... More  →
The Casual Vacancy Book Club Part 3: Everybody's Got Problems

Fantasy Vs Science Fiction: Fantasy Wins!

By Robert IsenbergSeptember 26, 2012
Dragons or spacecraft? Blasters or enchanted swords? Ancient spells or telekinesis? The nerd's dreamscape is roughly divided between two genres: Fantasy and Science Fiction. Sometimes they mix (as in Star Wars or Dune), but usually they don't. And fans tend to lean one way or another.... More  →
Fantasy Vs Science Fiction: Fantasy Wins!

Seven Ways to Mess With a Superfan

By Melissa AlbertSeptember 26, 2012
Everyone has their pop-culture obsessions...but then there are those for whom obsession becomes a way of life. You know who I'm talking about: the person who watches movie adaptations of their favorite books with a clipboard, so they can record all inconsistencies... More  →
Seven Ways to Mess With a Superfan

Holding On: The Final Chapter!

By ContributorSeptember 25, 2012
This is the last installment of willwriteforhearts' beautifully-written online novella. We hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as we have! To catch up on the entire story, click here. Epilogue Mom’s kind of given up boys for a while.... More  →
Holding On: The Final Chapter!

What Your Favorite Writer Says About You

By Lisa BernierSeptember 25, 2012
Some girls won't date guys who wear socks with sandals. Some guys won't marry girls who haven't seen all the Star Wars movies (or at least the original trilogy). Personally, I refuse to even talk to people who read Fifty Shades of Grey. Does that... More  →
What Your Favorite Writer Says About You

Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 12

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 24, 2012
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Department of Mysteries Better Title: Curtain o' Death It’s been far too long since the previous blog. I wish I had a better excuse, but the truth is, I bought and drank time travel juice from an unreliable source, and while I was able... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 12

Blogging B&N Teen Must-Reads: Between Shades of Gray

By ContributorSeptember 24, 2012
Book: Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys Synopsis: Lina Vilkas and her family were living happily in Lithuania at the start of WWII, but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked—basically, the whole Baltic Region was annexed by the USSR and... More  →
Blogging B&N Teen Must-Reads: Between Shades of Gray

Melissa Marr's "Carnival of Souls" Cast a Spell On Us!

By Swapna KrishnaSeptember 24, 2012
Melissa Marr, best known for her Wicked Lovely series, is back with another YA urban fantasy series, and it’s definitely one to watch. Like Wicked Lovely, it takes place in our world, with a darker, hidden reality underneath. In a city of daimons, called The City,... More  →
Melissa Marr's "Carnival of Souls" Cast a Spell On Us!

5 Ways to Prepare for J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy

By Brandon SpecktorSeptember 24, 2012
You've expressed your excitement, pondered the plot, and deconstructed the cover —BUT THE TIME FOR GAMES IS OVER, CHIPMUNKS. We're in the danger zone now. Why? Because J.K. Rowling's premiere post-Harry Potter novel, The Casual Vacancy, is due out ON THURSDAY. As... More  →
5 Ways to Prepare for J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy