Skip over navigation

Chelsea Dagger is Invincible, But Also Dumb: Writer Wars, Part Gabillion

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 27, 2011
Well, I've got some good news and some bad news: the good news is that I'm not dead (apparently I didn't have swamp malaria or an inflated spleen, just a headcold), but the bad news is that in a fit of idiotic, morbid... More  →
Chelsea Dagger is Invincible, But Also Dumb: Writer Wars, Part Gabillion

Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 5

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 23, 2011
Chapter Thirteen: Mad-Eye Moody Better Title: Not Really Mad-Eye Moody This is difficult. I'm not sure what to do here. On one hand, Mad-Eye Moody is a fantastic character with a deep, mysterious past. He is everything I love about the Harry Potter books. On the other... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 5

Ask a Teacher: Do You Expect Students To Do All the Reading?

By Mr. JungSeptember 23, 2011
Q: Do you actually expect students to do all the assigned reading? A: Yes, I expect students to do all the readings. That is the bare minimum for a college course. In addition, they should be annotating their texts, doing secondary research, and discussing the issues... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do You Expect Students To Do All the Reading?

Slow Dancing with Your Mother-In-Law

By ContributorSeptember 22, 2011
Scott-Free is finally halfway through The Rules! —Sparkitors Rule #17: Let Him Take the Lead. “Dating is like slow dancing. The man must take the lead or you fall over your feet.” Well, maybe this is true if you're Bella Swan. I can’t... More  →
Slow Dancing with Your Mother-In-Law

Let It Snow: John Green Wrote a Holiday Romance?

By ContributorSeptember 22, 2011
Lonks introduces us to another John Green collaboration—but will it be as good as Will Grayson, Will Grayson?—Sparkitors Book #57: Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances Authors: Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle Reason for Reading: Do you see... More  →
Let It Snow: John Green Wrote a Holiday Romance?

Chelsea Dagger is Dying and You Get TWO Writer Wars Prompts-Basically, Everybody Wins

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 21, 2011
First off, let me apologize for posting this week's Writer Wars column a day late. I think I have malaria, or maybe a sinus infection; either way, I took yesterday off so I could swig Nyquil straight from the bottle and practice coughing to the... More  →
Chelsea Dagger is Dying and You Get TWO Writer Wars Prompts-Basically, Everybody Wins

Harry, A History

By ContributorSeptember 21, 2011
Lonks knows that we can't get enough of Harry Potter; she feeds our need with book 56!—Sparkitors Book #56: Harry, A History Author: Melissa Anelli Reason for Reading: In case you haven't picked up on it yet, I'll spell it out for you: I... More  →
Harry, A History

How to Write the Next Outrageously Popular Tween Book Series

By ContributorSeptember 20, 2011
alexsarcastic221 knows where the real money is at: LITERATURE. (If only that were true.)—Sparkitors A few days ago I saw this hilarious post about becoming the next tween phenomenon, and I happened to notice that oceaneyesx3 left out one... More  →
How to Write the Next Outrageously Popular Tween Book Series

Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 4

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 16, 2011
Chapter Ten: Mayhem at the Ministry Better Title: I Don't Understand Clothes Since the Dark Mark appeared at the Quidditch World Cup, all the wizards at the Ministry are working overtime. The Time Turner could have put a stop to all this foolishness and would have shown... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 4

Dear Albert: Bruised and Confused

By Emily WinterSeptember 16, 2011
"Watch out for Sam's head!" Renee Rodriguez shouts as a Nerf ball glides over me from behind. My hair flutters, and I turn around. This is expected—these newspaper meetings are always a hormone-infused circus until Braden comes in. "Sorry," says Paul Atkins, to me, then looks... More  →
Dear Albert: Bruised and Confused