Skip over navigation

I Wish I'd Read This Book in High School

By Miss MarmSeptember 2, 2011
The Naked Roommate author Harlan Cohen has a new book coming out in April (I get to read an advanced copy now because I'm extremely fancy). It's called Naked Dating: Five Steps to Finding the Love of Your Life (While Fully... More  →
I Wish I'd Read This Book in High School

Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 2

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 2, 2011
Chapter Four: Back to the Burrow Better Title: Don't Mess With the Weasleys I want to be a Weasley. I want to have cool brothers and an adequate sister. I want a dad who is goofy and kind and a mom who is both stern and sweet.... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 2

The Best Fictional Best Friends

By ContributorSeptember 2, 2011
After reading dac213's post, we're dying for a new BFF. Think Sam Gagee is open for the position? —Sparkitors There have been countless posts about fictional crushes, but what about fictional BFFs? You know, the kind of friends who will literally help you defeat... More  →
The Best Fictional Best Friends

Achieving the Captain America Kiss

By ContributorSeptember 1, 2011
Scott-Free's not concentrating on the kiss—he's thinking about Captain America. —Sparkitors I saw Captain America this week! It was the best. I even liked Red Skull, especially when he brought in Nietzsche’s philosophy of the Ubermensch—a very astute tie-in made by a screenwriter I... More  →
Achieving the Captain America Kiss

It's Official: Snape is the Most Popular Dude in the World

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 1, 2011
The Guardian just released the results of their "Who's your favorite Harry Potter character?" poll, and the winner is none other than the sulky, shampoo-resistant Severus Snape, who is surely performing victorious hip-thrusts in a moldy basement at this very moment. Snape won by... More  →
It's Official: Snape is the Most Popular Dude in the World

Ask a Teacher: What's Your Favorite Book?

By Mr. JonesAugust 31, 2011
Q: What’s your favorite book? Why? A: In high school, I never read for pleasure. I read assigned books, I participated in the discussions and I aced my assignments. But never just for fun. If I wasn’t being graded on it, why bother? I felt that... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What's Your Favorite Book?

Know What's Super Hilarious? DEATH! Except Not.

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 30, 2011
Congratulations, writers; last week's entries were GUT-WRENCHINGLY DEPRESSING. I guess I have no one to blame but myself; I did ask you to write about a brush with death, a prompt which, looking back, didn't really have as much potential for inspiring fart... More  →
Know What's Super Hilarious? DEATH! Except Not.

Holding On: Chapter 14

By ContributorAugust 29, 2011
In the last chapter of willwriteforhearts' fiction masterpiece, Alice and her friends stumble upon her mother's mysterious new boyfriend in a dark alley, and Nick debates whether or not to tell his crush Sam the truth about his paralysis.—Sparkitors Annie looks like a... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 14

Dear Albert: I Will Respond to This Letter If It Kills Me

By Emily WinterAugust 26, 2011
I don’t want to complain or anything, I’m just wondering: How can life be so breezy for some people and so absurdly complicated for others? Like, okay, my best friend’s name is Gil. You’d think it’d be hard being a 16-year-old guy with the name Gil,... More  →
Dear Albert: I Will Respond to This Letter If It Kills Me

Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 1

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 25, 2011
Chapter One: The Riddle House Better Title: Cover Your Eyes, Children This is it. This is the turning point of the series. The first three books are piles of stupid compared to what follows. No more will the books be silly whodunit Blue's Clues mysteries. Instead, the... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 1