Skip over navigation
Prom

Megan Prietzel is Blogging Wicked Lovely. For Reals.

By Megan PrietzelMay 18, 2011
A few things before I begin: I know this book is about fairies. I know that a lot of people like it. I know that I like fairies, and therefore, I ought to like it too. And with that said, let’s dive right in, shall... More  →
Megan Prietzel is Blogging Wicked Lovely. For Reals.

Silence and Bloody Knuckles

By ContributorMay 16, 2011
Scott-Free is blogging a book called The Rules—a guide to obtaining Mr. Right. And he's doing it from a canoe, naturally. —Sparkitors This post is dedicated to all those Native Americans who fought against their European invaders in canoes. ‘Cause this week I went... More  →
Silence and Bloody Knuckles

Blogging Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Part 6

By Dan_BergsteinMay 13, 2011
Chapter Sixteen: Through the Trapdoor Better Title: World's Easiest Traps I love the world of Harry Potter. The following criticism of these final two chapters come from a place of admiration and respect. Honest. That said, these chapters are completely bonkers. I question the security at Hogwarts.... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Part 6

Can Girls Make the First Move? NO! (Maybe?)

By ContributorMay 10, 2011
Scott-Free is blogging THE RULES of nabbing Mr. Right while roadtripping around the country. —Sparkitors The picture is of me reading while hanging from a tree. I thought it would be “cute,” but after about thirty seconds, four things happened: 1. All the blood... More  →
Can Girls Make the First Move? NO! (Maybe?)

The Graveyard Book

Lonks is more than 30% done—but is it cheating a bit to read a "children's" book?—Sparkitors Book #32: The Graveyard Book Author: Neil Gaiman Reason for Reading: I have a goal to eventually read every Nobel Prize winner, and I absolutely... More  →
The Graveyard Book

Holding On: Chapter 8

willwriteforhearts' suspenseful story just keeps getting better and better!—Sparkitors Monday. Today he’s coming. Today. Her little toy is coming today. I can barely stand the thought, fuming internally with the intensity of a heated furnace, stomping downstairs, purposefully loud. I mean really… Does she think of us at... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 8

The Reluctant Heiress

By ContributorMay 9, 2011
Lonks is at book #31! WOWZA!—Sparkitors Book #31: The Reluctant Heiress (previously published as Magic Flutes) Author: Eva Ibbotson Reason for Reading: I read one of Ibbotson’s other books, A Countess Below Stairs, several years ago and absolutely loved it.... More  →
The Reluctant Heiress

5 Things That Trouble Me About the Hunger Games Trilogy

By ContributorMay 6, 2011
Though we thought the first two books were pretty much perfect, we must concede that Ravendown makes some good points! (Also, spoiler alerts x 1000!) –Sparkitors Don't get me wrong, I loved the Hunger Games trilogy. Nevertheless, there were a... More  →
5 Things That Trouble Me About the Hunger Games Trilogy

Blogging Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Part 5

By Dan_BergsteinMay 5, 2011
Chapter Thirteen: Nicolas Flamel Better Title: Americans Are Real Good At Smarts Harry remembers why the name Nicolas Flamel is vaguely familiar—he read it on the back of Dumbledore's wizard card. The mysterious man is briefly mentioned as being Dumbledore's alchemy partner, and from there, the Potter... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Part 5

Six Before Marriage

By Emily WinterMay 5, 2011
DEAR ALBERT IS BACK! —Sparkitors “This one’s definitely from Becky Simpkins,” Braden says. “Really?” I snatch the letter out of his hand. It's hard to believe Becky Simpkins could possibly admit to needing help with anything—she’s a mouthy junior who struts down the hall like it’s her... More  →
Six Before Marriage