Search Menu
Menu

Rachel Hartman's Seraphina Finds the Dragon in Us All

By Swapna KrishnaJuly 26, 2012
Fantasy and dragons seem to go together like milk and cookies, so it’s understandable that one of the most buzzed about YA debut novels of the season is a fantasy novel with... you guessed it, dragons. These dragons in the fictional kingdom of Goredd are... More  →
Rachel Hartman's Seraphina Finds the Dragon in Us All

Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must Reads: Terrier

By ContributorJuly 25, 2012
Click here to read the rest of the Blogging B&N.com's must reads! Book: Terrier by Tamora Pierce Synopsis: Beka Cooper is excited to begin her year as a trainee in the Provost’s Guard, nicknamed the Provost’s Dogs. No one expects much of the... More  →
Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must Reads: Terrier

The Winner of the 100-Word Story Contest Is...

By EmmaJuly 25, 2012
...sligers118, for her tale of a family preparing to battle over a rocking horse. Your Sparkitors love this story's tone: assured, wry, and, in the end, ominous. We appreciate its technical proficiency. And we admire the way sligers, in just 100... More  →
The Winner of the 100-Word Story Contest Is...

The Final Five Finalists

By EmmaJuly 24, 2012
We've reached the end! Here are your final five finalists. We'll announce the winner tomorrow! More  →
The Final Five Finalists

Writer Wars is Back in Action (with a Very Mysterious Prompt)!

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 24, 2012
HULLO BUTTS! IT IS I, THE GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ. Just kidding. It's only me, the normal and heavily-deodorized Dagger. I may not be a wizard, but I am very, very sweaty, which more than makes up for my lack... More  →
Writer Wars is Back in Action (with a Very Mysterious Prompt)!

Check Out Today's Crop of Finalists

By EmmaJuly 23, 2012
You ask: 1) How many finalists are there? 2) When will you announce the winner? 3) Is it possible to just reread Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging for the rest of time? We answer: 1) Not sure yet, but we're approaching the end! 2) ASAP 3) We plan to find out. Sorry More  →
Check Out Today's Crop of Finalists

Five New Super-Short Story Finalists

By EmmaJuly 19, 2012
Eli tapped the end of his fifth cigarette, coughing repeatedly as ashes fell to the sidewalk. He looked up when she came out of the general store. Her long hair was wrapped up gracefully, her jeweled eyes lighting up as a smile spread across her face. “Eli!” He wa More  →
Five New Super-Short Story Finalists

Blogging B&N.com's Must Reads for Teens: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

By ContributorJuly 19, 2012
Book: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne Synopsis: Bruno is forced to move from his five-story house in Berlin to a much smaller house near a camp apparently called “Out-With.” And all because his father is a man to watch and... More  →
Blogging B&N.com's Must Reads for Teens: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Read Five New Super-Short Stories

By EmmaJuly 17, 2012
The best thing about being a finalist? Getting compliments from your fellow Sparklers! But because of Gary's cruel and cold-blooded behavior, yesterday's finalists were denied that pleasure. So we're going to try this again! Here, for the second time, are five wonderful and More  →
Read Five New Super-Short Stories [UPDATE]

Chris Colfer's Novel Debuts Today

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJuly 17, 2012
Just in case you didn't already love Chris Colfer, who plays Kurt Hummel on Glee and wrote and starred in the movie Struck by Lightning, here's another little tidbit: he just wrote a novel. And we're not talking Miley-Cyrus-wrote-a-book-about-her-life novel, guys—Colfer's book is... More  →
Chris Colfer's Novel Debuts Today