Skip over navigation

Princess Nevermore: A Nostalgic (and Vaguely Hostile) Look Back

By ContributorJuly 6, 2011

Nicole-Lyn is back with another hilarious book review!—Sparkitors

I’ve written and read a few book reviews in my time, and now I want to do something that will get readers to say that I'm “startlingly original...breathtakingly funny...the thesaurus is... More  →
Princess Nevermore: A Nostalgic (and Vaguely Hostile) Look Back

Here, There Be Dragons

By ContributorJuly 6, 2011
Did Lonks think this book was a winner or a dud? Read on to find out!—Sparkitors Book #42: Here, There Be Dragons Author: James A. Owen Reason for Reading: Sparkler lissalovesmusic suggested this on my review of Nine Days... More  →
Here, There Be Dragons

Slippery, Soapy Treadmills

By ContributorJuly 5, 2011
Scott-Free blogs one dating rule from the book THE RULES each week. This week, the rule might actually make sense! —Sparkitors Rule #8: Fill Up Your Time before Your Date. (Hey, that rhymes!) “Most women go on dates with a lot of expectations. They... More  →
Slippery, Soapy Treadmills

Unwhole Is Back!

By ContributorJuly 1, 2011
DarkLite808 is going to finish her novel, Unwhole, on SparkLife! Don't worry, we'll catch you up on what you missed. —Sparkitors Recap: An unlikely group of teens are gathered together to save their world. Caleb is a commoner and also a childhood friend (and something more?)... More  →
Unwhole Is Back!

Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 1, 2011
Chapter One: Owl Post Better Title: Previously, On "The Harry Potter and Friends Mystery Hour" Book Three! We're slowly getting to the good novels. Just one more of these Law and Order: SCU novels to get through. (SCU = Silly Children Unit.) On the plus side, this... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

My First Manga

By ContributorJuly 1, 2011
Icepal's got a new literary jam, just in time for summer. –Sparkitors About a month ago, my bookworm sister came home with a manga. For those who don’t know what manga is, it’s like a...um...like a...see for yourself. I was bored, so... More  →
My First Manga

Megan Prietzel's Summer Readins' (for the Avid Summer Reader)

By Megan PrietzelJune 30, 2011
Summer is awesome and a big part of that awesomeness is that you get to read. THERE ARE BOOKS, AND YOU GET TO READ THEM, AND THERE IS NO TEACHER MAKING YOU ANALYZE THE SYMBOLISM OF THINGS. During the summer, a lot of us go... More  →
Megan Prietzel's Summer Readins' (for the Avid Summer Reader)

Holding On: Chapter 12

By ContributorJune 29, 2011
In this chapter of willwriteforhearts' story, we're dying for Nick to reveal his secret to Sam—but will he ever find the courage to do it?—Sparkitors “Will you stop it?” “Stop what?” Nick’s been jittery since last night’s venture and he hadn’t bothered to tell... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 12

Jenny's Summer Book Recommendations

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 29, 2011
There are times when it can be really hard to find a good book. Like around 12:30 a.m., when your local library and/or bookstore is closed for the night. Or when you're locked in a room filled with all the extra Twilight novels your bookstore... More  →
Jenny's Summer Book Recommendations

The Little Prince

By ContributorJune 28, 2011
Lonks takes on a childhood classic!—Sparkitors Book #41: The Little Prince Author (and Illustrator): Antoine de Saint-Exupéry Reason for Reading: This is my best friend’s favorite childhood book, and she was completely appalled when I told her that I had never... More  →
The Little Prince