Skip over navigation

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 16

By Emily WinterJanuary 27, 2011
Volume of the Third, Chapters 13-16 In Chapter 13, Charles Von Bingleberry pulls some broccoli raab out of his teeth just in time to ask JaneWOW to marry him. But we don't get to read about it, since Jane Austen—for some reason—makes this magic moment happen... More  →
Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 16

Updating the Covers of Classic Books

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 26, 2011
Required reading would be much more fun if the covers of so-called classics reflected modern tastes. If publishers and educators were smart, they would hide the infamous books behind more interesting covers and titles. Adding a touch of the supernatural, an air of mystery, and... More  →
Updating the Covers of Classic Books

Unwhole: Chapter 4

By ContributorJanuary 25, 2011
DarkLite808 sent us her book Unwhole, and though we normally don't publish fiction, we were instantly hooked on this chilling Faery tale. —Sparkitors The next morning I got up early. Katie was still snoring away and, judging by the foggy light streaming through the... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 4

One Year, 100 Books: The Maze Runner

By ContributorJanuary 24, 2011
Lonks the Writer has 95 books to go; do you think she'll finish in time?—Sparkitors Book #5: The Maze Runner Author: James Dashner Quote: "My name is Thomas, he thought. That...that was the only thing he could remember about... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: The Maze Runner

One Year, 100 Books: Revolution

By ContributorJanuary 24, 2011

Lonks the Writer has the reading fever, and it's highly infectious.—Sparkitors

Book #4: Revolution

Author: Jennifer Donnelly

Quote: "In a way [the French Revolution] never ended. In a way they’re all still... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Revolution

Unwhole: Chapter 3

By ContributorJanuary 21, 2011
This is chapter 3 of DarkLite808's promising new novel, Unwhole. Enjoy! —Sparkitors The next day I was still flying. My whole body was sore. I was exhausted; I had to take a break. I wasn't used to that much... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 3

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 31

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 21, 2011
Chapter Thirty-One: Talented Better Title: Pretty Girls Get Two Gifts Picking up from the last chapter, Edward, Bella, and Jacob are entertaining Tanya's crew of good vampires. They're trying to figure out why Aro and the Volturi are coming to Forks, and how to stop a... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 31

Alternative Endings to Twilight

By ContributorJanuary 20, 2011
aleyna22 caught the vampire fever, but she seems to be recovering quite nicely.—Sparkitors Once upon a time and long, long ago (okay, fine, two years ago) there was a girl who was completely... More  →
Alternative Endings to Twilight

1 Year, 100 Books: The Great Gatsby

By ContributorJanuary 17, 2011
Lonks the Writer is reading these books faster than we can post her reviews! Looks like 200 buckos might be in her future.—Sparkitors Book #3: The Great Gatsby Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald Quote: "I ascertained. [The books]... More  →
1 Year, 100 Books: The Great Gatsby

1 Year, 100 Books: An Abundance of Katherines

By ContributorJanuary 17, 2011

In her quest to finish 100 books in one year, Lonks the Writer has already left Book 2 in her dust. Now that's some serious speed-reading.—Sparkitors

Book #1: More  →

1 Year, 100 Books: An Abundance of Katherines