Search Menu
Menu

5 More Entry-Level Anime Newbies Will Love

By AddisonMay 16, 2014
Moshi moshi! After your glorious suggestions in the last post, I sat myself down to finish a few more anime, because really, who doesn't want to find a reason to procrastinate like a pro-crastinator? (Geddit?) If your favorite anime isn't on this list, do not... More  →
5 More Entry-Level Anime Newbies Will Love

Feast Your Eyes on President Coin And Revel in Mockingjay: Part 1 Gossip!

By Janet ManleyMay 15, 2014
We are six months out from Mockingjay: Part 1 and the gods have gifted us a sneak peek into Julianne Moore's portrayal of President Coin, and other gossipy (pronunciation: "josship") bits and pieces! We're obviously supposed to feel conflicted about the president of THOUGHT YOU WERE... More  →
Feast Your Eyes on President Coin And Revel in <i>Mockingjay: Part 1</i> Gossip!

YA Novels Are Killing It With Thoughtful, Complex, Sexual Characters

By Janet ManleyMay 14, 2014
Young adult fiction has always been interested in the explosion of feelings and urges that occurs in adolescence (Pituitary gland to body: "You have four years to come to terms with your burgeoning sexuality... go!"). But there has also been a trend for... More  →
YA Novels Are Killing It With Thoughtful, Complex, Sexual Characters

5 New YA Books You Should Be Reading This Month

By Melissa AlbertMay 13, 2014
It's finally spriiiing, which means instead of hiding out in our houses all day reading books like a bunch of dorks, we'll be sitting outside on benches all day, reading books like a bunch of picnicking badasses. May is an amazing month for YA books, full of... More  →
5 New YA Books You Should Be Reading This Month

Lady Superheroes Who Need Their Own Films, Stat

By KathMay 9, 2014
Have you noticed that most superhero movies are primarily about dudes? Yeah, we have too. Not that we don't love those movies. Not that the titular heroes fail to make us giggle-blush with their smarts and wow us with their action scenes. It's just that before we get another More  →
Lady Superheroes Who Need Their Own Films, Stat

Blogging Vampire Academy: THE FINAL NECKBITES!

By Jason SaenzMay 7, 2014
Last time on Blogging Vampire Academythe guano really hit the fan as Victor kidnapped Lissa to serve as his personal healer in the woods, restoring him to power over the Moroi people. Rose, Dimitri and now Christian have other plans: save Lissa from... More  →
Blogging Vampire Academy: THE FINAL NECKBITES!

The Kübler-Ross Stages of Shipping

By KathMay 7, 2014
Our hearts are with you in this trying time. As one begins to actualize a new "ship," emotions can reach a boiling point, often escalating beyond our control. That's why it's helpful to keep in mind the stages of shipping, and to remember that they... More  →
The Kübler-Ross Stages of Shipping

After: A Harry Styles Fanfiction

By AddisonMay 6, 2014
Hello Sparkinoes! It's sunshiney out in the creative writing world because: a) There's a Harry Styles fan-fiction that people just DIE over; b) It's on Wattpad, where almost all the cool fanfics are; and c) It's going to become a movie! I'm not sure if y'all have... More  →
<i>After</i>: A Harry Styles Fanfiction