Skip over navigation

What Literary Characters Would Be for Halloween

By Lauren PassellOctober 15, 2010
Do you have your Halloween costume yet? Jay Gatsby does. And do does Edmund Penvensie, Pollyanna, The Three Musketeers, and Holden Caulfield. (Well maybe not Holden Caulfield.) This list of what we think literary characters would be for Halloween is for you to enjoy. And,... More  →
What Literary Characters Would Be for Halloween

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 17

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 14, 2010
Chapter Seventeen: What Do I Look Like? The Wizard of Oz? You Need a Brain? You Need a Heart? Go Ahead. Take Mine. Take Everything I have. Bella's Title: The Dark Evening Gives Way to a Shimmering [BLURGH!] Sorry, I Just Vomited Up Blood Jacob is... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 17

The Best Scary Stories to Read on Halloween

By ContributorOctober 14, 2010
peaceonearth34 shares her fantastic picks for fall reading! —Sparkitors The days are getting shorter, stores are stocking up on candy and pumpkin pie poptarts, and people are beginning to hang black and orange decorations around their homes.... More  →
The Best Scary Stories to Read on Halloween

5 Things You Should Never Say to an Avid Reader

By ContributorOctober 13, 2010
Thanks for sharing these rules with the world, Liesline. Readers everywhere owe you one! —Sparkitors All avid readers know that within our elite group, there exists a code that must not be broken. Unfortunately, not everyone is familiar with the rules about die-hard... More  →
5 Things You Should Never Say to an Avid Reader

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 7 (End of Volume 1!)

By Emily WinterOctober 13, 2010
Chapters 19-23 Our crafty protag Lizzy Bennet is definitely playing hard to get with Mr. Collins. The evidence is all there. For example, Mr. Collins asks Lizzy to marry him, and she says no. Obvious burger: Everyone knows that when girls say "no" they mean  "yes," and... More  →
 Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 7 (End of Volume 1!)

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 15

By ContributorOctober 8, 2010
This is Coffinmaker's blog. Seriously, how do you not know this by now? —Sparkitors You know what? I think I'm finally beginning to understand Heathcliff and Cathy's way of thinking. Just kidding! I'll never be able to understand these two, at least while polar bears... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 15

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 16

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 7, 2010
Chapter Sixteen: Too-Much-Information Alert Bella's Title: I Make Up Ridiculous Names Because I'm So Darn Precious Guess what. More patrol running! For the zillionth time in this book, Jacob, Leah, and Seth run patrols. The Jake-ster is leading his pack east, making sure that it's safe for... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 16

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 6

By Emily WinterOctober 6, 2010
Chapters 16-18 MR. WICKHAM! Mr. Wickham is a guy who snuck into a previous chapter who I completely ignored. I had NO idea this dude was going to come in and muck things up in ways that are too complicated for baby geniuses, too jossipy for Jossip Jirl... More  →
 Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 6

How to Pick Up Any Guy with the Perfect Book

By Lauren PassellOctober 5, 2010
Need a new way to pick up guys? Here are some awesome, nerd-tastic ways to score dudes without having to embarrass yourself by using a cheesy pick-up line. All you have to do is carry around the right book, say the right thing, and start to... More  →
How to Pick Up Any Guy with the Perfect Book

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 15

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 1, 2010
Chapter Fifteen: Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock Bella's Title: Pain Clouds Human-vampire hybrid babies have 24 chromosomal pairs. This explains everything! Humans have 23 and vampires have 25. The baby would obviously take the average of its two parents. That's just science, plain and simple.... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 15