Search Menu
Menu

Writer Wars: Gettin' Some ZZZ's

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 29, 2013
Seeing as last week's prompt was all about sleep (or a lack thereof), I find it pertinent to note that right now, I would much rather be in bed, eating a tall short-stack of pancakes and re-watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for the 94th time. I just got More  →
Writer Wars: Gettin' Some ZZZ's

BRACE YOURSELVES, TRI-BUTTS: The Final Catching Fire Trailer Is Here!

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 28, 2013
My first response to the Catching Final trailer that aired during the fifth inning of last night's World Series game: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" *Sprints around living room at full speed, waving a homemade crossbow and jumping over couches, throwing in an effortlessly graceful cushion roll every... More  →
BRACE YOURSELVES, TRI-BUTTS: The Final Catching Fire Trailer Is Here!

True Facts About John Green

By Ashley Brooke RobertsOctober 25, 2013
Uh, okay you guys know we love love love John Green. Is there anything he can't do?! Not really! Read on for true facts about John Green ... John Green has a stable of rhinoceroses he feeds with gold nuggets he pulls out of the ground... More  →
True Facts About John Green

Writer Wars Winner: "The Carnival" by CrepuscularSnidget!

By reidfaylorOctober 22, 2013
Congrats to CrepuscularSnidget, who earned 13 votes and last week's Sparklers' Choice Award! Her beautifully-crafted story about heady summer nights spent under wild lights is grounded by gorgeous descriptions and intriguing characters. Check out her entire submission, ac More  →
Writer Wars Winner: "The Carnival" by CrepuscularSnidget!

Writer Wars: It's All Fun and Games Until The Cotton Candy Runs Out

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 22, 2013
AHOY, BUTTSKIS! My sincerest apologies for missing last week's Writer Wars; I was hard at work on a top-secret project that is going to CHANGE. YOUR. LIFE. I can't give you any more details at the moment, but rest assured that I did not skip our time-honored Tuesday meet-up More  →
Writer Wars: It's All Fun and Games Until The Cotton Candy Runs Out

Fictional Characters You Wouldn't Want Driving Your Getaway Car

By ElodieOctober 18, 2013
They don’t call it the perfect crime because it’s okay if someone makes a tiny mistake and the only thing that really matters is whether or not you had fun. No, sir. They call it the perfect crime because it requires meticulous plotting and synchronized... More  →
Fictional Characters You Wouldn't Want Driving Your Getaway Car

7 Awesome Literary Prom Themes

By Kathryn_WilliamsOctober 17, 2013
Anyone can purchase a Rolling in the Deep–themed prom set, complete with Wavy Ocean Whispers Columns and Deep Blue Dream Pool Kit, and call it a day. But only a true high school event–planning committee badass would tackle one of these amazing literary prom... More  →
7 Awesome Literary Prom Themes

You Could Win an Exclusive Autographed Prize Package From Carly Rae Jepsen!

By Josh SorokachOctober 10, 2013
Big news, Sparklers! Last week we gave you details on how you can join Carly Rae Jepsen's new Nerdy Girlz Book Club, and now we're here to tell you how you can win an exclusive prize package from the star herself! One lucky... More  →
You Could Win an Exclusive Autographed Prize Package From Carly Rae Jepsen!

A Rookie Prepares for New York Comic Con!

By Janet ManleyOctober 10, 2013
This week, I am going into the lion's den, into the dragon's mouth, beyond the lunar landing module, inside the atom, past the pages of my favorite comic books and into an ALTERNATE REALITY in which it's okay to wear tights as pants for all... More  →
A Rookie Prepares for New York Comic Con!

Books We Wish Existed

By Janet ManleyOctober 9, 2013
Books and movies can be a tease, with all the fake books that characters get to enjoy. Some authors are particularly prone to inventing books (J.K. Rowling and J.R.R. Tolkien, we are looking at you!) that the rest of us can only dream about. Here... More  →
Books We Wish Existed