Skip over navigation

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 5

By ContributorDecember 6, 2010
Chapter 6 The chapter opens with Hester-Biscuit waiting for her young daughter Pearl to become a wild beast. No, seriously. She thinks that because Pearl is the result of her sin (adultery), the little girl will develop some sort of horrendous personality. So basically, Pearl is doomed... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 5

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 21

By ContributorDecember 3, 2010
Coffinmaker's almost done with Wuthering Heights! —Sparkitors Chapters XVI-XVIII Heathcliff is getting more evil by the moment. Not only has he imprisoned young Cathy until she agrees to marry Linton, he has also grown fangs and his breath smells like five-day-old baby food. His gaze... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 21

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 24

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 2, 2010
Chapter Twenty-Four: Surprise Better Title: Oh My God! I Hate Everything About This Book! I Want To Kill It With Rocks! AGH! Bella gets a house, completely disregards her 3-day-old baby, and has magical sex with Edward. Goodbye! [At this point, Dan drove to the Thinking Lake, and... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 24

Book Review: Maximum Ride by James Patterson

By ContributorDecember 2, 2010
PigsFlyWithEleanor's not only hilarious, she's also darn good at drawing pigs. JACKPOT.—Sparkitors One fateful day, I had the following conversation: Beth: Heyyyyyy. Me: Hi. Beth: How are you? Me: Pretty bored. I've got nothing to read. Beth: OMG you should totally try... More  →

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 12

By Emily WinterDecember 1, 2010
Chapters 17-19, Volume of the Deuce Jane Austen is a rule-breaking sonuvagun! (That's French for "son of a gun.") Lizzy Bennet's all like, "I've been back home for two weeks!" but she still hasn't told her sister the Darcy-related gossip. Finally, Lizzy and Jane get really old... More  →
Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 12

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 4

By ContributorNovember 29, 2010
wakwy’s back with the most misery-laden Scarlet Letter blog yet. Get excited, people! –Sparkitors Chapter 5 Two weeks ago I asked for nickname suggestions for Hester. I almost went with “Dan Optimus Jedi Harry Ronny” (thanks, Chabelinni!), but Hester isn’t awesome enough to have Dan’s... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 4

My Crush Is a Twilight Character

By ContributorNovember 26, 2010
Vaneskera’s life is Twilight, and she doesn’t care what you think. –Sparkitors Yeah, yeah, I can hear you scoffing at me already, you and your superior literary tastes and your Dan Bergstein love. I’m not going to try to defend myself, I just think... More  →
My Crush Is a Twilight Character

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 23

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 25, 2010
Chapter Twenty-Three: Memories Better Title: Make It Stop We learn that Baby Optimus loves to bite Jacob and... Enough! If this book doesn't develop a plot soon, I will eat my own teeth! If you're wondering why I'm in a particularly cranky mood, it's because the last chapter ended... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 23

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 11

By Emily WinterNovember 24, 2010
Volume of the Second, Chapters 13-16 A man in a cheeseburger costume usurped my pants. It's a long story, but this accounts for my two-week P&P hiatus. Since I haven't posted in a few weeks, let's do a quick review: My old pants were purple, and they... More  →
Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 11

The Best Books for Vacation Reading

By ContributorNovember 24, 2010
Listen to Adispark’s excellent tips on vacation reading, just in time for the long holiday weekend. Major props for the Kelly Link recommendation! –Sparkitors If your favorite book is a large-print, hardcover copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, or the... More  →
The Best Books for Vacation Reading