Skip over navigation
Menu

Literary Love Matches We Want to See

By Melissa AlbertJune 15, 2012
If we were given the magical ability to hang out with all our favorite literary characters (and those we love to hate), we wouldn't waste our time warning them to stop being so prideful and prejudiced, or to drop the vampire... More  →
Literary Love Matches We Want to See

9 Books I Hate That Everyone Else Loves

By reidfaylorJune 15, 2012
I love to read, and for the most part, I tend to at least moderately enjoy every book I read. It is very rare I find a book without anything worthwhile in it, a book so amazingly bad it actually makes me angry. The worst... More  →
9 Books I Hate That Everyone Else Loves

Why You Should All Read The Perks of Being a Wallflower

By ContributorJune 15, 2012
If you watched the MTV movie awards, you know that The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky is being made into a movie. And the cast is awesome. Harry Potter star Emma Watson joins Ezra Miller (Patrick) and Logan Lerman (Charlie) as Sam,... More  →
Why You Should All Read The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Book That Changed My Life... And My Underwear

By kat_rosenfieldJune 14, 2012
I have always loved a good scare. Horror movies, eerie shows, haunted hayrides at Halloween-time featuring random rednecks jumping out of a cornfield dressed up as real, actual zombies and being all, “Yar! Brains!”: these are a few of my favorite things. But my favorite... More  →
The Book That Changed My Life... And My Underwear

Why I Hate the Invisible Man (Not "Invisible Man")

By ContributorJune 14, 2012
It's obvious that we Sparklers love books of all kinds. We take honors English courses just so we can use the excuse "Uhh...I'm only reading this for class. Psh!" before digging in to all those stuffy classic novels with glee. That in mind, imagine my... More  →
Why I Hate the Invisible Man (Not "Invisible Man")

The Sandman Comics Series, and Why You Should Be Aware of Its Existence

A bit of background: on November, in a 1960s land across the great pond also known as an ocean, a writer was born. A writer who (hence the label assigned to him) wrote many things, relayed highly quotable and witty rhetoric to the masses, and presumably slayed... More  →
The Sandman Comics Series, and Why You Should Be Aware of Its Existence

The Book (Series) That Changed My Life

By ShivaniJune 14, 2012
I am not what you would call a lady. For all my knowledge of forks and dressage, I’ve never been able to capture the elusive quality of classiness. I appreciate Russian literature, but given the choice between Dostoyevsky and trashy chick lit found in supermarket... More  →
The Book (Series) That Changed My Life

Books or eBooks? We say: Yes, Please!

By Beth MishlerJune 14, 2012
Writer Jonathan Franzen made headlines awhile back when he dissed eBooks, saying they don’t have the same degree of permanence as plain ol’ books. When books are in electronic format, he said, it “always feels like we could delete that, change that, move it around...”... More  →
Books or eBooks? We say: Yes, Please!

The Mystery of the Blank Page

You know when you’re nearing the end of a really good book and you think you have lots left to read, only to discover a heap of blank pages instead? Yeah, we’ve all been mercilessly tricked by the Flyleaves (code name for blank pages) at... More  →
The Mystery of the Blank Page

Just in Time for Books Week: A New Intro and Awesome Excerpt from THE HOST!

By Chelsea DaggerJune 14, 2012
DUDES: I have a sneaking suspicion that Stephenie Meyer has hacked into the SparkLife mainframe (which is actually just a cardboard box painted to look like a computer and filled with Snickers wrappers, Harry Potter stickers, and my various failed attempts at hand-whittled wands) and... More  →
Just in Time for Books Week: A New Intro and Awesome Excerpt from THE HOST!