Skip over navigation
Prom

Blogging The Naked Roommate

By ContributorJune 27, 2011
Our prom blogger Faye is now getting ready for college with the the help of the ultimate college guide, THE NAKED ROOMMATE by Harlan Cohen. Enjoy her new blog! —Sparkitors It’s summer! That means waking up at noon, going to the beach, getting ready... More  →
Blogging The Naked Roommate

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

By ContributorJune 27, 2011
Lonks is 40% done with her goal of 100 books—and she's finally reviewing her first ZOMBIE novel!—Sparkitors Book #40: World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War Author: Max Brooks Reason for Reading: My older brother gave me this book a couple weeks... More  →
World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Part 6

By Dan_BergsteinJune 24, 2011
Chapter Sixteen: The Chamber of Secrets Better Title: Maybe it's the Aurors Day Off Where are the Aurors? I don't see them. Perhaps they're hiding in the Room of Obvious Solutions. Maybe they're busy fighting Joey-demort, Voldemort's obnoxious American cousin. I bet the leader of the Aurors... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Part 6

Interview with Spellbound Author Cara Lynn Shultz

By Dan_BergsteinJune 23, 2011
When packing up books to bring to the beach this summer (or the isthmus, if you're vacationing at the isthmuses) bring along Spellbound, the new novel by Cara Lynn Shultz. This romance novel with hints of magic has elements I thought were illegal... More  →
Interview with Spellbound Author Cara Lynn Shultz

Hungry for the Hunger Games Hotties

By ContributorJune 22, 2011
We left Finnick out of this post, but worry not: Allison's got him covered.—Sparkitors When I started the Hunger Games, I was really only reading it for my English class. But I quickly became addicted to the series; I bought Catching Fire... More  →
Hungry for the Hunger Games Hotties

The Staircase

By ContributorJune 21, 2011
Lonks is closing in on the halfway mark; only 11 books to go!—Sparkitors Book #39: The Staircase Author: Ann Rinaldi Reason for Reading: I don’t think I need to tell you again how much I love this writer. Quote: "Let me say that the... More  →
The Staircase

Don't Accept Gauche Dates

By ContributorJune 21, 2011
Scott-Free blogs one dating rule from the book THE RULES each week. Today he's not too happy with the book's phone-related advice. —Sparkitors This post is dedicated to the word "gauche" (GOHsh). Gauche is a word meaning tacky or crude. However, in my hometown... More  →
Don't Accept Gauche Dates

Sisterhood Everlasting

By ContributorJune 20, 2011
Lonks gives one of her highest ratings yet—and you might be surprised by the book that won her over!—Sparkitors Book #38: Sisterhood Everlasting Author: Ann Brashares Reason for Reading: I call The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants books my... More  →
Sisterhood Everlasting

Dear Albert: Straight and Ugly

By Emily WinterJune 17, 2011
If you’ve been reading my column, I can’t thank you enough. It’s been a while, and you might be wondering what happened when Anna Ingram, aka Smart Amazing Brunette of My Dreams, walked into the journalism classroom. It was just me and Braden, the editor in... More  →
Dear Albert: Straight and Ugly

Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Part 5

By Dan_BergsteinJune 17, 2011
Chapter Thirteen: The Very Secret Diary Better Title: It's Almost Giant Spider Time! Giant spiders! Giant spiders! Giant spiders! I love giant spiders, or gi-ders as I call them. Gi-ders! Gi-ders! Gi-ders! (Not to be confused with bi-ders, or bisexual spiders. They're nice too, but in a different... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Part 5