Menu

Books You Need to Read RIGHT NOW

By ContributorJune 22, 2012
Books Week may be over, but the fun doesn't have to be! I have painstakingly gone through all the books I own and my list of books I WANT to own. And let me warn you, that list was 3 typed pages in 10 point... More  →
Books You Need to Read RIGHT NOW

BOOK REVIEW: Shadow and Bone, by Leigh Bardugo

By Swapna KrishnaJune 21, 2012
We included Shadow and Bone on our Summer YA Fiction Round-Up, and for very good reasons: it seems to be catching on like wildfire for adults and teens alike. It’s set in a place called Ravka, which bears a striking resemblance to Russia,... More  →
BOOK REVIEW: Shadow and Bone, by Leigh Bardugo

10 Alex Award Winning Books You Need To Check Out

By Molly HoranJune 20, 2012
YA lit is awesome, but sometimes it can be fun to stray away from teen paranormal romance and into the so-called "adult sections" of a book store. If you're just dipping your toe into more grown-up fare, a great place to start is with the... More  →
10 Alex Award Winning Books You Need To Check Out

BOOK REVIEW: "Behemoth," by Scott Westerfeld

By Paul KirschJune 20, 2012
Few things are more enthralling than a good series. I started exploring Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan and, like a transfixed moth, had to keep moving forward to the second book in this trilogy: Behemoth. The joy of a series is not watching the long... More  →
BOOK REVIEW: "Behemoth," by Scott Westerfeld

Holding On: Chapter 22

By ContributorJune 19, 2012
Catch up on Chapter 21 of willwriteforhearts' fiction project right here! “Annie?” We’re both on the floor, staring at each other after our collision. She recuperates first, bouncing off the ground and yanking me up with her. “We have to go!” I don’t move. “What’s... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 22

My Summer Reading List

By ContributorJune 18, 2012
It’s taken me a good three weeks, but I’ve finally come to the conclusion that there are better things to do with my limited free time than binge on Netflix. Some might suggest that I could hang out with my friends, but I HAVE NO... More  →
My Summer Reading List

Stolen Kisses, Stolen Cars, and the Woeful Lack of Salinger In Your Lives

By Chelsea DaggerJune 18, 2012
Butts, drop whatever you're doing, sprint to the nearest library, and check out Nine Stories by JD Salinger. I'm almost positive that none of you have read this miraculous collection of short stories, as no one made even the slightest allusion to either Seymour Glass or... More  →
Stolen Kisses, Stolen Cars, and the Woeful Lack of Salinger In Your Lives

BOOK REVIEW: Unholy Night by Seth Grahame-Smith

By Swapna KrishnaJune 18, 2012
Seth Grahame-Smith has had quite the journey to success. We heard about him when he coauthored the first (or at least the first famous) literary mash-up, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. His novel Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter has been adapted into a movie that, unless... More  →
BOOK REVIEW: Unholy Night by Seth Grahame-Smith

Book Review: Under the Never Sky

Check out the rest of Dac's Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must-Reads here! Book: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi Synopsis: Aria is a Dweller, one of the privileged few who live in the pods—enclosed cities safe from the energy storms and other dangers... More  →
Book Review: Under the Never Sky

Why Everyone Ever Should Always Be Reading P.G. Wodehouse All the Time

P. G. Wodehouse is one of my favorite authors. He wrote over ninety books in his lifelong career as a writer; most (well, all) of them are completely BRILLIANT humorous fiction. Yet I couldn’t find a single sentence on SparkNotes that even mentioned him (I... More  →
Why Everyone Ever Should Always Be Reading P.G. Wodehouse All the Time