Skip over navigation

From the Department of Werewolf Awareness to Mr. Bergstein: Where Our Tail Goes When We Transform

By ContributorAugust 17, 2011
jolieg15, just LOL. —Sparkitors Dear Mr. Bergstein, As longtime readers of your columns, we must say that we are so thrilled with the attention you are giving our kind. You see, we are werewolves, and it has come to our attention that many of... More  →
From the Department of Werewolf Awareness to Mr. Bergstein: Where Our Tail Goes When We Transform

Buy Her a Romantic Toaster

By ContributorAugust 16, 2011
More awesomeness from Scott-Free, y'all. —Sparkitors Rule #12: Stop Dating Him If He Doesn’t Buy You A Romantic Gift for Your Birthday or Valentine’s Day. Ladies and gentlemen, this one is going to be fun. “…When a man wants to marry you, he usually gives... More  →
Buy Her a Romantic Toaster

Crime Doesn't Pay (Unless You Write a Best-Seller About Petty Theft)

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 16, 2011
Who would have guessed that SparkLife was harboring a bunch of hardened criminals? Now that I know you're all capable of committing felonies, I suggest we go on a wildly profitable crime spree. Ideally, it should involve lock-picking, jewel thieving, several high-speed car chases in... More  →
Crime Doesn't Pay (Unless You Write a Best-Seller About Petty Theft)

P Is for "Prude"

By ContributorAugust 12, 2011
Faye's blogging the college book THE NAKED ROOMMATE. This week, she covers the elephant in the room (or should we say "elephant in the rum"). Oh oh oh, we crack ourselves up. —Sparkitors I feel like an anti-Hester Prynne. Seriously, someone needs to knit... More  →
P Is for "Prude"

Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Part 7

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 11, 2011
Chapter Nineteen: The Servant of Lord Voldemort Better Title: Col. Mustard, in the Conservatory, with the Candle Stick! Before we begin, I hope you enjoyed your nicknames from last week's blog. If you didn't get a nickname, then your nickname is Soupy. I'm only covering two... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Part 7

The Life of a Hufflepuff

By ContributorAugust 10, 2011
geetargrl59 has us 98% convinced that she actually lives at Hogwarts.—Sparkitors The life of a Hufflepuff  is not a glamorous life, nor is it an exciting one. We are simple folk who take pleasure in... More  →
The Life of a Hufflepuff

The Other Boleyn Girl

Lonks usually loves historical fiction, but does this book have what it takes to earn a rave review ?—Sparkitors Book #51: The Other Boleyn Girl Author: Philippa Gregory Reason for Reading: After I read Nine Days a Queen, a lot of Sparklers... More  →
The Other Boleyn Girl

The Return of "Holding On": Chapter 13!

We're thrilled that willwriteforhearts sent us the next installment of her riveting story after taking a brief hiatus! When we last left off, Nick and Alice continued to struggle with their dead father's ghostly presence,their mom's sketchy new boyfriend,... More  →
The Return of "Holding On": Chapter 13!

Trolls and Disco Dancing

By ContributorAugust 9, 2011
Scott-Free's blogging THE RULES of dating. Today's question: How long should a date last? —Sparkitors Rule #11: Always end the date first. Because if it goes too long, the enchantment will wear off and your... More  →
Trolls and Disco Dancing

Shakespeare Just Got SERVED

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 9, 2011
When he saw last week's prompt, Shakespeare was all, "I'm the BARD, beezies. COME AT ME." And then his pompous butt got royally owned—because you were all "BOOM! I just re-wrote Romeo and Juliet in 6 minutes! Put that in your potentially plagiarized... More  →
Shakespeare Just Got SERVED