Search Menu
Menu

Happy Birthday, JK Rowling!

By Hanna HagenJuly 31, 2012
All hail birthday queen JK Rowling! Our beloved creator of Harry Potter is turning 47 today, and looks as lovely as she did when the books came out years ago. Here are some photos to celebrate the birth of this imaginative Brit. More  →
Happy Birthday, JK Rowling!

9 Most Memorable Book Minions

By Scott GreenstoneJuly 30, 2012
Movie minions are great and all, but let us not forget the rich minion culture in books! These sci-fi, fantasy and horror novels are filled to the brim with awesome, interesting minions controlled by magicians and vampires, or who've sworn their lives to... More  →
9 Most Memorable Book Minions

Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must Reads: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian

By ContributorJuly 30, 2012
To catch up on all of dac213's book reviews, click here! Book: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie Synopsis: Junior, desperate to break his family’s cycle of poverty, alcoholism, and hopelessness, transfers to Reardan High, where... More  →
Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must Reads: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian

Rachel Hartman's Seraphina Finds the Dragon in Us All

By Swapna KrishnaJuly 26, 2012
Fantasy and dragons seem to go together like milk and cookies, so it’s understandable that one of the most buzzed about YA debut novels of the season is a fantasy novel with... you guessed it, dragons. These dragons in the fictional kingdom of Goredd are... More  →
Rachel Hartman's Seraphina Finds the Dragon in Us All

Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must Reads: Terrier

By ContributorJuly 25, 2012
Click here to read the rest of the Blogging B&N.com's must reads! Book: Terrier by Tamora Pierce Synopsis: Beka Cooper is excited to begin her year as a trainee in the Provost’s Guard, nicknamed the Provost’s Dogs. No one expects much of the... More  →
Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must Reads: Terrier

The Winner of the 100-Word Story Contest Is...

By EmmaJuly 25, 2012
...sligers118, for her tale of a family preparing to battle over a rocking horse. Your Sparkitors love this story's tone: assured, wry, and, in the end, ominous. We appreciate its technical proficiency. And we admire the way sligers, in just 100... More  →
The Winner of the 100-Word Story Contest Is...

The Final Five Finalists

By EmmaJuly 24, 2012
We've reached the end! Here are your final five finalists. We'll announce the winner tomorrow! More  →
The Final Five Finalists

Writer Wars is Back in Action (with a Very Mysterious Prompt)!

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 24, 2012
HULLO BUTTS! IT IS I, THE GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ. Just kidding. It's only me, the normal and heavily-deodorized Dagger. I may not be a wizard, but I am very, very sweaty, which more than makes up for my lack... More  →
Writer Wars is Back in Action (with a Very Mysterious Prompt)!

Check Out Today's Crop of Finalists

By EmmaJuly 23, 2012
You ask: 1) How many finalists are there? 2) When will you announce the winner? 3) Is it possible to just reread Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging for the rest of time? We answer: 1) Not sure yet, but we're approaching the end! 2) ASAP 3) We plan to find out. Sorry More  →
Check Out Today's Crop of Finalists

Five New Super-Short Story Finalists

By EmmaJuly 19, 2012
Eli tapped the end of his fifth cigarette, coughing repeatedly as ashes fell to the sidewalk. He looked up when she came out of the general store. Her long hair was wrapped up gracefully, her jeweled eyes lighting up as a smile spread across her face. “Eli!” He wa More  →
Five New Super-Short Story Finalists