Search Menu
Menu

5 New YA Books You Should Be Reading This Month

By Melissa AlbertMay 13, 2014
It's finally spriiiing, which means instead of hiding out in our houses all day reading books like a bunch of dorks, we'll be sitting outside on benches all day, reading books like a bunch of picnicking badasses. May is an amazing month for YA books, full of... More  →
5 New YA Books You Should Be Reading This Month

Lady Superheroes Who Need Their Own Films, Stat

By KathMay 9, 2014
Have you noticed that most superhero movies are primarily about dudes? Yeah, we have too. Not that we don't love those movies. Not that the titular heroes fail to make us giggle-blush with their smarts and wow us with their action scenes. It's just that before we get another More  →
Lady Superheroes Who Need Their Own Films, Stat

Blogging Vampire Academy: THE FINAL NECKBITES!

By Jason SaenzMay 7, 2014
Last time on Blogging Vampire Academythe guano really hit the fan as Victor kidnapped Lissa to serve as his personal healer in the woods, restoring him to power over the Moroi people. Rose, Dimitri and now Christian have other plans: save Lissa from... More  →
Blogging Vampire Academy: THE FINAL NECKBITES!

The Kübler-Ross Stages of Shipping

By KathMay 7, 2014
Our hearts are with you in this trying time. As one begins to actualize a new "ship," emotions can reach a boiling point, often escalating beyond our control. That's why it's helpful to keep in mind the stages of shipping, and to remember that they... More  →
The Kübler-Ross Stages of Shipping

After: A Harry Styles Fanfiction

By AddisonMay 6, 2014
Hello Sparkinoes! It's sunshiney out in the creative writing world because: a) There's a Harry Styles fan-fiction that people just DIE over; b) It's on Wattpad, where almost all the cool fanfics are; and c) It's going to become a movie! I'm not sure if y'all have... More  →
<i>After</i>: A Harry Styles Fanfiction

5 Signs Your Crush Totally Read That Fanfic You Wrote in Sixth Grade

By KathMay 5, 2014
C'mon, nobody could possibly know about that one fanfiction you wrote that one time. You don't even ship that pairing anymore. And you were totally anonymous. Hah. Hah... Wait, what if your crush knows? Here's how to tell. 1. He is super familiar with the fandom,... More  →
5 Signs Your Crush Totally Read That Fanfic You Wrote in Sixth Grade

10 Lies That Kids' Books Told Us

By Melissa AlbertMay 5, 2014
1. You're probably the chosen one. Yeah, and your Hogwarts letter just got lost in the mail. 2. Around every corner is a crime just begging to be solved. I can't be the only kid who skulked around my house with a special iridescent spy notebook, taking notes... More  →
10 Lies That Kids' Books Told Us

Blogging Vampire Academy: Part 11

By Jason SaenzApril 30, 2014
Last week on Blogging Vampire Academy Lissa got kidnapped! Rose knew, and should have rushed off to save her but instead felt compelled to get it on with Dimitri! It's all happening so fast and we have only a few chapters left! Chapter 21 Rose... More  →
Blogging Vampire Academy: Part 11

New TFiOS Trailer!!!

By Janet ManleyApril 30, 2014
The latest tiny infinity that is the extended The Fault in Our Stars trailer has convinced me of one thing, Sparklers: Ansel Elgort (I always go to type Angel Elsort, btw) is KING of sly-face-making. His face is a little cannon of feels and... More  →
New <i>TFiOS</i> Trailer!!!