Skip over navigation

Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 7

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 7, 2011
Chapter Nineteen: The Hungarian Horntail Better Title: Tough Luck, Kid Hagrid secretly shows Harry that the first task of the Triwizard Tournament will involve dangerous dragons. Each champion will face off against one of the winged dinos. There are three regular dragons, and one evil badass dragon.... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 7

The Best Required Reading of All Time

By ContributorOctober 7, 2011
Just cause she had to doesn't mean she didn't want to: harry_is_my_homeboy hearts her required reading. –Sparkitors In celebration of all the reading you're probably doing for school right now (the awesome kind, not the "chapter 9 of your chemistry textbook" kind), and all... More  →
The Best Required Reading of All Time

The Best Stephen King Books

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 6, 2011
The Halloween season is approaching like a slowly-approaching thing that approaches. Sorry. We’re not great writers. Perhaps we should take a cue from the legendary, and possibly immortal, Stephen King. Stevey has been writing spooky novels for decades, and now is the season to dip... More  →
The Best Stephen King Books

Voldemort Uses Google Maps and Jafar Whines Like a Girl-and THAT'S What's Happening at Writer Wars

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 4, 2011
Take my advice: all of you should drop out of high school and become staff writers for Saturday Night Live, because butts, you are HI-larious. (Unrelated note: please do not actually drop out of high school. Such an action would have grim consequences, grimmer even... More  →
Voldemort Uses Google Maps and Jafar Whines Like a Girl-and THAT'S What's Happening at Writer Wars

Ask a Teacher: How Do You Get Through the Boring Stuff?

By Ms. DameOctober 3, 2011
Q: What’s the most awful, boring book/chapter/thing you teach? How do you get through teaching it? A: First, it is important to understand that teachers don’t always have a choice when it comes to what gets taught. We have bosses, too! Some teachers are handed books,... More  →
Ask a Teacher: How Do You Get Through the Boring Stuff?

Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 6

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 30, 2011
Chapter Sixteen: The Goblet of Fire Better Title: The Cup of Corruption The students from Beauxbatons (which I spelled correctly on my first shot!) and Durmstrang (which I also spelled correctly) settle in for a welcome feast in the Great Hall. (I spelled everything in this sentence... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 6

Who Wrote Shakespeare? (Hint: Maybe Not Shakespeare.) Watch the Debate LIVE TONIGHT!

By Emily WinterSeptember 28, 2011
Look, there's a lot we don't know about Shakespeare. His birthday, for example. His cause of death. And the beard—real or synthetic? Amid these unsettling mysteries, one thing has widely been agreed upon: The Shakes was a genius. But is it possible that only thing Shakespeare... More  →
Who Wrote Shakespeare? (Hint: Maybe Not Shakespeare.) Watch the Debate LIVE TONIGHT!

Change You Can't Believe In

By ContributorSeptember 28, 2011
Scott-Free actually agrees with The Rules this week. Will you? —Sparkitors Well, I tabularized the votes for last week’s rule (Rule #17: Let Him Take the Lead), and I must say I’m disappointed. I thought... More  →
Change You Can't Believe In

Chelsea Dagger is Invincible, But Also Dumb: Writer Wars, Part Gabillion

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 27, 2011
Well, I've got some good news and some bad news: the good news is that I'm not dead (apparently I didn't have swamp malaria or an inflated spleen, just a headcold), but the bad news is that in a fit of idiotic, morbid... More  →
Chelsea Dagger is Invincible, But Also Dumb: Writer Wars, Part Gabillion

Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 5

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 23, 2011
Chapter Thirteen: Mad-Eye Moody Better Title: Not Really Mad-Eye Moody This is difficult. I'm not sure what to do here. On one hand, Mad-Eye Moody is a fantastic character with a deep, mysterious past. He is everything I love about the Harry Potter books. On the other... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 5