Search Menu
Menu

What Your Favorite Writer Says About You

By Lisa BernierSeptember 25, 2012
Some girls won't date guys who wear socks with sandals. Some guys won't marry girls who haven't seen all the Star Wars movies (or at least the original trilogy). Personally, I refuse to even talk to people who read Fifty Shades of Grey. Does that... More  →
What Your Favorite Writer Says About You

Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 12

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 24, 2012
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Department of Mysteries Better Title: Curtain o' Death It’s been far too long since the previous blog. I wish I had a better excuse, but the truth is, I bought and drank time travel juice from an unreliable source, and while I was able... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 12

Blogging B&N Teen Must-Reads: Between Shades of Gray

By ContributorSeptember 24, 2012
Book: Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys Synopsis: Lina Vilkas and her family were living happily in Lithuania at the start of WWII, but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked—basically, the whole Baltic Region was annexed by the USSR and... More  →
Blogging B&N Teen Must-Reads: Between Shades of Gray

Melissa Marr's "Carnival of Souls" Cast a Spell On Us!

By Swapna KrishnaSeptember 24, 2012
Melissa Marr, best known for her Wicked Lovely series, is back with another YA urban fantasy series, and it’s definitely one to watch. Like Wicked Lovely, it takes place in our world, with a darker, hidden reality underneath. In a city of daimons, called The City,... More  →
Melissa Marr's "Carnival of Souls" Cast a Spell On Us!

5 Ways to Prepare for J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy

By Brandon SpecktorSeptember 24, 2012
You've expressed your excitement, pondered the plot, and deconstructed the cover —BUT THE TIME FOR GAMES IS OVER, CHIPMUNKS. We're in the danger zone now. Why? Because J.K. Rowling's premiere post-Harry Potter novel, The Casual Vacancy, is due out ON THURSDAY. As... More  →
5 Ways to Prepare for J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy

How To Pick Your Pseudonym

By Lisa BernierSeptember 21, 2012
So you've decided that you want to be a writer. Yay! Here's what awaits you: sleepless nights, copious amounts of caffeine, a constant stream of rejection, TONS of editing, and more rejection. If none of this puts you off, then congratulations,  and welcome to the... More  →
How To Pick Your Pseudonym

Is the Perks of Being a Wallflower Movie Worth Watching?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 21, 2012
The Perks of Being a Wallflower movie came out today, and we're not sure whether we should watch it or not. We've been doing a little review-reviewing to find out if the movie is worth the time (and possible emotional trauma). Here's what we've found... More  →
Is the Perks of Being a Wallflower Movie Worth Watching?

Gale, She's Just Not That Into You: Our Favorite Fictional Characters in the Friendzone

By Melissa AlbertSeptember 21, 2012
Nothing's worse than being put in the friendzone...except, of course, having strangers start walking around wearing T-shirts with "TEAM (YOUR ROMANTIC RIVAL)" written on them. But everyone loves a love triangle, and somebody's gotta be left out. To celebrate all the... More  →
Gale, She's Just Not That Into You: Our Favorite Fictional Characters in the Friendzone

The Casual Vacancy Book Club Starts RIGHT HERE on Thursday!

By Brandon SpecktorSeptember 21, 2012
Less than a week, y'all! While you've been enchanting your eyeballs and index fingers in preparation for the release of J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy, we've been busy sewing tweed patches on our cloaks and bloomers. Know why? 'Cause starting next Thursday SparkLife will be the... More  →
The Casual Vacancy Book Club Starts RIGHT HERE on Thursday!

Shel Silverstein: Celebrating the Man, the Myth, the Legend

By Chrissie GruebelSeptember 21, 2012
I will sing Shel Silverstein's praises from every mountaintop forever and ever, until the end of days. I remember my sister getting Where the Sidewalk Ends for a birthday or something—I have no idea who gave it to her but, oh man. We read that... More  →
Shel Silverstein: Celebrating the Man, the Myth, the Legend