Search Menu
Menu

Finally, a Heroine We Can Relate to In The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

By Swapna KrishnaSeptember 6, 2012
Elisa is not your typical princess. She’s not particularly pretty, and she likes pastries far more than is fitting for someone of her rank. One might even dare to call her fat. Her appearance has never really bothered her though, not until she discovers she’s... More  →
Finally, a Heroine We Can Relate to In The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

End of Summer YA Round-up

By Swapna KrishnaSeptember 5, 2012
Now that summer is coming to a close and there are things on our minds other than bright sunny days, pools, and barbecues, it's time to revisit the world of YA fiction that this last summer brought us. The good, the bad, and the great-for-a-mindless-read: it's... More  →
End of Summer YA Round-up

9 Fictional High Schools You Wouldn't Want to Attend

By Peter RuggSeptember 4, 2012
William McKinley High from Glee: Sure, it’s all jazz hands and delightfully romantic misunderstandings if you’re a part of New Directions glee club, but woe to any student who lacks the vocal skillz to get through the 8th round of auditions on American Idol. These sad outcasts... More  →
9 Fictional High Schools You Wouldn't Want to Attend

BOOK REVIEW: Libriomancer by Jim C. Hines

By Crystal HudsonSeptember 4, 2012
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but is the book mightier than the vampire? Yes, it seems, but only if the book is wielded by a libriomancer. Libriomancer, by Jim C. Hines, is the first book in a new series about a secret organization... More  →
BOOK REVIEW: Libriomancer by Jim C. Hines

What Do You Think About Turning Huck Finn & Tom Sawyer Into SteamPunks?

By Vadim NewquistAugust 30, 2012
After well over a century, Mark Twain's most well known and enduring characters, Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, are finally getting a makeover. Yes, ABC recently announced that the beloved twosome will be re-vamped for the upcoming series Finn & Sawyer, turning the two into... More  →
What Do You Think About Turning Huck Finn & Tom Sawyer Into SteamPunks?

THOR IS MY ROOMIE (And Other Potentially True Tales of Awesomeness)

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 28, 2012
AHOY, BUTTS. I am overrun with very important tasks today, so I shall dispense with the pleasantries (I'm not entirely convinced that you don't skip right over my weekly intro anyway) and get right into last week's WINNARZ (that's "winners" spelled with an... More  →
THOR IS MY ROOMIE (And Other Potentially True Tales of Awesomeness)

Transmedia Tuesday: Horror, Conspiracy, and Time Travel from Scholastic Books

By ChauntonAugust 28, 2012
In the realm of Transmedia storytelling there seem to be some companies that get it and others that completely miss the mark. One of the success stories is the book publisher Scholastic, who, over the course of the last few years has had multiple Transmedia... More  →
Transmedia Tuesday: Horror, Conspiracy, and Time Travel from Scholastic Books

The 17 Best Back-To-School Books

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 27, 2012
Yep, even better than the year when your Spanish teacher brought cupcakes every Wednesday. Why will this school year be so awesome? Because you're going to be the best version of yourself—confident, brilliant, and hardly sweaty at all—once you read the books on this list More  →
The 17 Best Back-To-School Books

Blogging B&N Teen Must-Reads: Every Other Day

By ContributorAugust 27, 2012
Book: Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Synopsis: Kali D’Angelo is your typical high school outcast, but only every other day. The rest of the time she’s kind of a superhero (imagine if Claire Bennet from Heroes was somehow blended with Alice from... More  →
Blogging B&N Teen Must-Reads: Every Other Day

BOOK REVIEW: Wake by Amanda Hocking

By Swapna KrishnaAugust 24, 2012
So… there are these girls—Penn, Thea, and Lexi. These gorgeous, almost otherworldly girls that are randomly in this little seaside town for some reason. It’s not necessarily strange that they’re there; after all, lots of visitors flock to the town for the summer months. But... More  →
BOOK REVIEW: Wake by Amanda Hocking