Skip over navigation

The Top 10 Reasons We're Glad the Eragon Series Is Finally Over

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 10, 2011
When we first read Eragon, we loved it (forgive our preteen ignorance). With Eldest, we were a tad bit disappointed. And when Brisingr came out, we almost died of boredom—and were a bit annoyed that Christopher Paolini decided to extend his trilogy into a four-book... More  →
The Top 10 Reasons We're Glad the Eragon Series Is Finally Over

For All You Hunger Games Addicts: Rue's Lullaby

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 9, 2011
If you're like me, whenever your favorite book has a song in it, you wonder what sort of tune it's supposed to be sung to. Because obviously, if you knew, you could sing it all the time and prove what a hardcore nerd you are.... More  →
For All You Hunger Games Addicts: Rue's Lullaby

Somebody Needs To Get You Guys Some Time Machines

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 8, 2011
Last week's post gave you guys a chance to re-write history, and you took the opportunity to save lives right and left (Fred Weasley is BACK! Abraham Lincoln survived the assassination attempt! Lenin got a head cold!). We always knew you butts were... More  →
Somebody Needs To Get You Guys Some Time Machines

Don't Leave Your Danielle Steele Novels Lying Around

By Scott GreenstoneNovember 7, 2011
Rule #20: Be Honest but Mysterious. “Men love mystery!” At least, all the men in E-Fein’s dating pool do. Because all the men in her dating pool are Dirty Harry. Long ago, E-Fein and Shusher say, it was easy to be mysterious. But today,... More  →
Don't Leave Your Danielle Steele Novels Lying Around

Dear Albert: Fundamentally De-friended

By Emily WinterNovember 4, 2011
“Moral dilemma: Is it wrong to kill bees?” I ask Braden. A fat bee loops around the near-empty newspaper room. Man, bees! Braden seems not to notice it. He’s reading through the giant stack of letters I’ve amassed with Renee’s help. Letters from witnesses who saw... More  →
Dear Albert: Fundamentally De-friended

Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 11

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 4, 2011
Chapter Thirty-One: The Third Task Better Title: Fleur Isn't Very Good at Tasks We're reaching the end of the book, and soon all answers will be revealed. And the answer is: Moody is really an imposter and rigged the tournament via a scheme that makes less sense... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 11

If He Doesn't Ask You Out, He Just Isn't Into You (Another Heartwarming Message From Greg!)

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 4, 2011
First things first: does anyone have Gandalf’s cellphone number? I just texted Dumbledore asking if he’d be down for some mano-a-mano combat with Geezer the Gray, and he was like “OH, TOTES. It's ON.” So if we can get Big G to agree, we’ve got... More  →
If He Doesn't Ask You Out, He Just Isn't Into You (Another Heartwarming Message From Greg!)

Ask a Teacher: Why Do Teachers Assign Old, Boring Books?

By Mr. FossNovember 4, 2011
Q: Why do teachers always assign old books, often really boring books, for students to read? Wouldn't assigning more modern, interesting books show students the joys of learning? I know I got turned off from Shakespeare after being assigned Macbeth seven years in... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Why Do Teachers Assign Old, Boring Books?

This Book Could Get You Into College!

By ContributorNovember 4, 2011
'olwhatshername tackles the impossible process of applying to college using this trusty book!—Sparkitors How do I write my application essay? How the heck am I going pay for tuition? How can you relate college admissions to Ben... More  →
This Book Could Get You Into College!

Holding On: Chapter 15

By ContributorNovember 4, 2011
willwriteforhearts is finally back with the next installment of her awesome fiction project! In the last chapter, Nick and Alice are warned by the ghost of their father not to trust their mom's new boyfriend. But will they listen?—Sparkitors Eric’s mom is... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 15