Skip over navigation

MaxVZ Takes on Harry Potter, Evolution

By ContributorDecember 30, 2010
MaxVZ pops in to make our brains melt with science. —Sparkitors It recently occurred to me that the Harry Potter world demonstrates evolution. In the Harry Potter universe, humanity is trending towards wizards and eventually regular, non-magical humans will be wiped out entirely by... More  →
MaxVZ Takes on Harry Potter, Evolution

Reflecting on 2010: NaNoWriMo Made Me Go Crazy

By ContributorDecember 27, 2010
WeDidntStartTheFire, we admire you. Even if you did turn into a lunatic. —Sparkitors You, dear Sparkler, must know what NaNoWriMo is. If you don’t, you must live under a rock. In which case, you wouldn’t even be reading this, unless you’re... More  →
Reflecting on 2010: NaNoWriMo Made Me Go Crazy

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 27

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 23, 2010
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Travel Plans Better Title: Your Baby Is Broken. Fix it. The Twilight Before Christmas By Daniel Adam Bergstein 'Twas days before Christmas, when all through the house Dan was still stirring, like a caffeinated mouse. He paced and he hollered, he yelped and he cried, "This book makes no... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 27

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part THE END

By ContributorDecember 17, 2010
Coffinmaker did it! He blogged the whole dang book! Connnnnngratulations! —Sparkitors You know how the very first chapter of the book started in the year 1801? That was when Lockwood came to Wuthering Heights to get curious about Heathcliff, hear a long story from... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part THE END

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 26

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 17, 2010
Chapter Twenty-Six: Shiny Better Title: …there are no words for this. How? Why? Who? Where? If? When? But? Why? Why? Why? Why? This can't happen. Not again. How can a book hurt me so much? Why do words hold so much power? I don't care that it's freezing... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 26

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 13

By Emily WinterDecember 15, 2010
Volume of the Three-Legged-Dog, Chapters 1-4 When we left off, Lizzard and her aunt and uncle were at Pemberley, which is Darcy's estate. But we've been assured that Dizzle won't be there. Riiiiight. Anyway, you Austenheads told me that taking a tour of Pemberley is the... More  →
Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 13

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 6

By ContributorDecember 13, 2010
wakwy's a natural at blogging the classics! —Sparkitors Chapter 7: The Governor's Hall The chapter is called "The Governor's Hall," but right away Nate tells us that "Governor" Bellingham actually lost the last election. So is he really the governor? Or just a poser? Anyway, Hester-Biscuit... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 6

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 22

By ContributorDecember 10, 2010
Finally, ghosts! Thanks for making it this far, Coffinmaker! —Sparkitors Chapters XXIX-XXXI Before this chapter, I had developed a theory that I liked to call the Bummer Theory. The theory was that after chapter 28 (or XXVIII for all you Romans out there—oh, and hey!... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 22

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 25

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 9, 2010
Chapter Twenty-Five: Favor Better Title: Papa Don't Preach! Oh…You're Not Preaching At All? You're Just Going To Let This Happen? Thanks, Papa! Behold. The first four paragraphs/sentences of this chapter: It was only a little while later that Edward reminded me of my priorities. It took him just one... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 25

How Would You Narrate Your Life?

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 9, 2010
If you've never considered how you might narrate your own life, you might be in the minority here, since we assume most Sparklers are book-loving bookophiles who read lots of books. Perhaps we are just totally nuts, and nobody else has ever thought about this... More  →
How Would You Narrate Your Life?