Search Menu
Menu

Quiz: Which YA Character Are You?

By Lisa BernierJanuary 25, 2013
In the best of times and the worst of times, every book lover finds a trusty tome to guide them through the perilous waters of reality. YA books are basically the Maurader's Map for life decisions—but maybe you're having trouble choosing which of your favorite... More  →
Quiz: Which YA Character Are You?

Blogging Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Part 3

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 24, 2013
Chapter Seven: The Slug Club Better Title: Ginger Tale In this chapter, Slughorn gathers up all the children of famous wizards, along with Ginny, and introduces them to the Slug Club. Ginny gets the invite because Sluggy notices that she’s pretty handy with the Bat-Bogey Hex. Holy crap!... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Part 3

5 Literary Characters Who Deserved Better Than They Got

By Melissa AlbertJanuary 24, 2013
Sometimes nasty characters get exactly what they deserve (here's looking at you, Veruca Salt). And sometimes, they're frustratingly under-punished (argh, Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy!). But sometimes, a character's comeuppance outstrips their crimes, rocking our sense of fairness to its core. Here are... More  →
5 Literary Characters Who Deserved Better Than They Got

5 Questions About Winnie the Pooh

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 18, 2013
It’s the birthday of author A.A. Milne who created Winnie the Pooh back in 1926. Since then, Pooh and his happy home in the 100 Acre Wood have become more popular than any other chubby bear-themed children’s story. Winnie the Pooh has appeared in books,... More  →
5 Questions About Winnie the Pooh

J.K. Rowling's Version of Doctor Who

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 14, 2013
Take a deep breath and prepare your brain for a mental Christmas: J.K. Rowling might be writing a Doctor Who short story!!! We’ll give you a minute to contemplate this awesome rumor. We should also point at the no official announcement has been... More  →
J.K. Rowling's Version of Doctor Who

Blogging Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Part 2

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 9, 2013
Chapter Four: Horace Slughorn Better Title: Friends With a Past? Did Slughorn and Dumbledore date? I’m sure if I search the internet I’ll find fan fiction that supports this rumor, but that leads down a road of literature best left untraveled. So for the sake of time,... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Part 2

Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must-Reads: The Maze Runner

By ContributorJanuary 9, 2013
Sorry this review is so late, Sparklers. I thought I'd have plenty of time to read over break, but that was before I found out that my mom had promoted me to the position of "Christmas Shopping Partner." Being inside a Wal-Mart on Christmas Eve... More  →
Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must-Reads: The Maze Runner

If A CHRISTMAS CAROL Were a YA Novel...

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 19, 2012
Ebenezer Scrooge would be a sixteen-year-old mean girl. More  →
If "A Christmas Carol" Were a YA Novel...

Blogging Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Part 1

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 5, 2012
While The Order of the Phoenix is by far my favorite Potter Book, Half-Blood Prince is the book I’m most familiar with. I’ve read it twice already—once when it first came out and again the month before that last book was released. Plus, the movie... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Part 1

Classic Kids' Books That NEED To Be Made Into Action Movies

By Lisa BernierDecember 5, 2012
Have you ever re-read one of your favorite books from childhood and thought, "Wow, that would make a great action movie!"? And then written a brilliant script for that imaginary movie? And then sent said script to several production companies, all of whom decided to... More  →
Classic Kids' Books That NEED To Be Made Into Action Movies