Skip over navigation

If We Were Trapped In An Elevator, We'd Want You With Us. But Bring Some Snacks.

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 18, 2011
WHAM, BAM, THANK YOU MA'AMS. And MANKLERS. And BUTTS. And EVERYONE who participated last week—you rocketed the number of comments up to 124! You're princes, each and every one of you. You also seem to know more about embittered enemies and elevator interiors than I... More  →
If We Were Trapped In An Elevator, We'd Want You With Us. But Bring Some Snacks.

The Secret History: Awesome, Horrible, or Both?

By ContributorOctober 14, 2011
Nicole_Lyn delivers another scathingly hilarious review!—Sparkitors The Secret History is a good— and by good, I mean awesome—book about horrible people doing horrible things to other horrible people. It’s just a huge hodgepodge of depravity. But, then again, it does take place... More  →
The Secret History: Awesome, Horrible, or Both?

Dear Albert: Barfing in Bushes

By Emily WinterOctober 14, 2011
Having Gil back makes me feel like I'm on steroids. Not that I know what steroids feel like. Pretty bad, I'd imagine, because you have to put them in your butt, right? Ugh. No thanks. But I mean, I'm walking to down the hall with Gil... More  →
Dear Albert: Barfing in Bushes

Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 8

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 14, 2011
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Unexpected Task Better Title: The Unexpected "Task"…if you know what I mean. (wink-wink) Sexual tension marches into Hogwarts as Professor McGonagall announces the Yule Ball, a Christmas Day gala that is part of the Triwizard Tournament festivities. As a school champion, Harold James Potter... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 8

The Cure for Your Hunger Games Hangover is Here!

By ContributorOctober 14, 2011
alexsarcastic221 is here to save you from your sad, depressed, book-deprived state. (And yes, she's accepting gifts of gratitude.)—Sparkitors Do you hear that? That is the beautiful sound of silence. The sound that comes when thousands of teenage girls stop crying into... More  →
The Cure for Your Hunger Games Hangover is Here!

This Week's Prompt Is the Best Prompt We've Ever Thought Of, Maybe. But Our Standards Aren't Really That High.

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 12, 2011
You probably want to know why Writer Wars is a day late, don't you, butts. Well, I'll tell you: it's because yesterday, in a spectacular and unforgettable display of athletic ability, I fell off the treadmill at the gym (I had it amped up to... More  →
This Week's Prompt Is the Best Prompt We've Ever Thought Of, Maybe. But Our Standards Aren't Really That High.

One-Sentence Lessons I Learned from Classic Literature

By ContributorOctober 11, 2011
dac213 cracked us UP with this ingenious post—just wait 'til you get to number 7.—Sparkitors English teachers are always trying to get us to understand the complex, profound meaning behind classic literature. Well, I don't think you need a 10-page essay to spell... More  →
One-Sentence Lessons I Learned from Classic Literature

Blind Sight

By ContributorOctober 11, 2011
Lonks battled bravely out from under a mountain of homework to write this post and put herself one book closer to achieving her goal!—Sparkitors Book #58: Blind Sight Authors: Meg Howrey Reason for Reading: I met this author at the same book... More  →
Blind Sight

Dear Albert: Mama Lonely

By Emily WinterOctober 7, 2011
Dear Albert, I have liked this guy for a while. I'm not one of those girls who like a bunch of different guys at a time. When I like someone, they are special and I can't get over it in two seconds if I'm rejected. Well... More  →
Dear Albert: Mama Lonely