Skip over navigation

An Interview with Writer Claudia Gray

By Miss MarmMarch 21, 2011
Claudia Gray is working on a werewolf romance set aboard the Titanic. Can we pre-order this masterpiece yet?? —Miss Marm When did you realize you wanted to be a writer? I always wanted to be a writer. It goes back farther than my ability... More  →
An Interview with Writer Claudia Gray

How to Judge a Teen Book By Its Cover

By ContributorMarch 21, 2011
Having read lleya's guide, we're second-guessing the bright orange, non-shiny cover of our dramatic debut novel, "Untamable." –Sparkitors "Don't judge a book by its cover!" Everyone and their grandmother has heard it. Well, I'm here to prove that there's a right way to break the... More  →
How to Judge a Teen Book By Its Cover

One Year, 100 Books: Wicked Lovely

By ContributorMarch 21, 2011
Lonks' challenge is officially 20% complete!—Sparkitors Book #20: Wicked Lovely Author: Melissa Marr Reason for Reading: My 7th grade Language Art teacher (aka one of the coolest people EVER) is teaching... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Wicked Lovely

An Interview with Writer Cynthia Hand

By Miss MarmMarch 18, 2011
I love Cynthia Hand's thoughts about teaching writing, and her advice for aspiring novelists. For more info on books in the series, check out Dark Days on FB! —Miss Marm When did you realize you wanted to be a writer? I've always been... More  →
An Interview with Writer Cynthia Hand

How to Turn Your Life into a Novel

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 18, 2011
C'mon, admit it. Your life would be way cooler if you were Harry Potter, Katniss, Lizzy Bennet, or even that Milo kid from the Phantom Tollbooth. Sure, some not-so-fun stuff happened to them (Harry and Katniss almost died, Lizzy had to deal with her mother,... More  →
How to Turn Your Life into a Novel

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 39 (The End!)

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 18, 2011
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Happily Ever After Better Title: Can I Be Done Now? And lo, the horror of night is broken as morning's sun silently rescues the world from the dark. I made it through the end. I did it. And I could not have done it... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 39 (The End!)

An Interview with Writer Kimberly Derting

By Miss MarmMarch 16, 2011
Today's featured Dark Days author is Kimberly Derting, who's on Team Zombie! —Miss Marm When did you realize you wanted to be a writer? I’ve known that I wanted to write since I took journalism in the 7th grade. I figured out pretty... More  →
An Interview with Writer Kimberly Derting

What the Heck is A Game of Thrones, and Why Is It So Amazing?

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 16, 2011
You may have heard of it. Perhaps you saw the ad for the HBO series beginning next month. Maybe you spotted the dense books at the store, or read about the upcoming release of the long awaited fifth book... More  →
What the Heck is A Game of Thrones, and Why Is It So Amazing?

Unwhole: Chapter 20

By ContributorMarch 16, 2011
Last time we left off in Darklite808's book, Caleb had just attacked Kundo the demon, but can he beat him? —Sparkitors Just as Caleb brought the sword up for another swipe, Kundo screeched louder. Caleb screamed too; the sword dropped from his fingers as... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 20

One Year, 100 Books: City of Bones

By ContributorMarch 16, 2011
Book #19: City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) Author: Cassandra Clare Reason for Reading: My friends have been pestering me to read it for a while, and then I found a copy that was in pretty good condition in a secondhand bookstore a... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: City of Bones