Skip over navigation

My French Adventure: One Day, One Book

By ContributorMarch 24, 2011
LadyM may be galavanting around Franceland, but she still found the time to read a book! Now THAT'S a Sparkler.—Sparkitors Does today's title seem familiar? It's because I was recently inspired by Lonks' wonderful column, One Year,... More  →
My French Adventure: One Day, One Book

Unwhole: Chapter 22

By ContributorMarch 24, 2011
Caleb just claimed to be the Unwhole to save Dee. We can't wait to see what happens next in Darklite808's book! —Sparkitors The One leaned back onto her throne, the cushions sinking under her weight, as several Demonic Vampires bowed in front of her.... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 22

Unwhole: Chapter 21

By ContributorMarch 22, 2011
In the last chapter of Darklite808's book, Caleb was still battling Kundo, and Kevin and Dee were unconscious. —Sparkitors Caleb closed his eyes against the smoke and soot, and when he opened them a groan escaped his lips. In front of him stood two... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 21

An Interview with Writer Claudia Gray

By Miss MarmMarch 21, 2011
Claudia Gray is working on a werewolf romance set aboard the Titanic. Can we pre-order this masterpiece yet?? —Miss Marm When did you realize you wanted to be a writer? I always wanted to be a writer. It goes back farther than my ability... More  →
An Interview with Writer Claudia Gray

How to Judge a Teen Book By Its Cover

By ContributorMarch 21, 2011
Having read lleya's guide, we're second-guessing the bright orange, non-shiny cover of our dramatic debut novel, "Untamable." –Sparkitors "Don't judge a book by its cover!" Everyone and their grandmother has heard it. Well, I'm here to prove that there's a right way to break the... More  →
How to Judge a Teen Book By Its Cover

One Year, 100 Books: Wicked Lovely

By ContributorMarch 21, 2011
Lonks' challenge is officially 20% complete!—Sparkitors Book #20: Wicked Lovely Author: Melissa Marr Reason for Reading: My 7th grade Language Art teacher (aka one of the coolest people EVER) is teaching... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Wicked Lovely

An Interview with Writer Cynthia Hand

By Miss MarmMarch 18, 2011
I love Cynthia Hand's thoughts about teaching writing, and her advice for aspiring novelists. For more info on books in the series, check out Dark Days on FB! —Miss Marm When did you realize you wanted to be a writer? I've always been... More  →
An Interview with Writer Cynthia Hand

How to Turn Your Life into a Novel

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 18, 2011
C'mon, admit it. Your life would be way cooler if you were Harry Potter, Katniss, Lizzy Bennet, or even that Milo kid from the Phantom Tollbooth. Sure, some not-so-fun stuff happened to them (Harry and Katniss almost died, Lizzy had to deal with her mother,... More  →
How to Turn Your Life into a Novel

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 39 (The End!)

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 18, 2011
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Happily Ever After Better Title: Can I Be Done Now? And lo, the horror of night is broken as morning's sun silently rescues the world from the dark. I made it through the end. I did it. And I could not have done it... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 39 (The End!)

An Interview with Writer Kimberly Derting

By Miss MarmMarch 16, 2011
Today's featured Dark Days author is Kimberly Derting, who's on Team Zombie! —Miss Marm When did you realize you wanted to be a writer? I’ve known that I wanted to write since I took journalism in the 7th grade. I figured out pretty... More  →
An Interview with Writer Kimberly Derting