Skip over navigation
Menu

How to Publish Your Own Fantasy Novel

By Swapna KrishnaJune 15, 2012
With the plethora of fantasy novels being written and published lately, you probably have wondered if you should put pen to paper and write your own. After all, you have a great imagination and decent writing skills. Why not? If you're considering writing a work... More  →
How to Publish Your Own Fantasy Novel

Books That Scared Us Pants-less As Kids

By Megan PrietzelJune 15, 2012
1. Any of the “Choose your own adventure” Goosebumps books “You open the door to the terrifying, dark basement. The steps look dilapidated and entirely likely to collapse at any moment. From below you hear noises. They are distinctly monster-like. They sound a lot like death. ... More  →
Books That Scared Us Pants-less As Kids

The Book That Changed My Life

By Molly HoranJune 15, 2012
I fought being a writer for a long time and from every possible angle. I fought it with excuses and other aspirations, and on one occasion, nunchucks. From the time I was five until I was thirteen, I was going to be a professional painter. My... More  →
The Book That Changed My Life

We Never Thought We'd Be Okay With People Carving Up Books...

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 15, 2012
...But then we saw these pictures. And found that yes, cutting up books can totally be worth it (sometimes). Sadly, we can't post the pictures here, but you can click here to see some of the most amazing book art you've ever... More  →
We Never Thought We'd Be Okay With People Carving Up Books...

Fan Art Inspired By All Your Favorite Books!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 15, 2012
Art inspired by books! Okay, that is a lie; we still love books more. But it's SUPER CLOSE. Click through to see some Sparkler and Splogger works of art based on some of your favorite books! More  →
Fan Art Inspired By All Your Favorite Books!

Why Dracula is Fantastic

By ContributorJune 15, 2012
I originally read Dracula after watching The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I hadn’t read most of the literature featured in the movie—but was interested in doing so—and Dracula was one of the first of the books that I read. Expecting Mine Harker to be a... More  →
Why Dracula is Fantastic

My Book Log

I am a senior, and so last fall I had to write an essay to send to all of the colleges I was applying to. I wrote about books because books have always been a major part in my life—up until last year my parents... More  →
My Book Log

Literary Love Matches We Want to See

By Melissa AlbertJune 15, 2012
If we were given the magical ability to hang out with all our favorite literary characters (and those we love to hate), we wouldn't waste our time warning them to stop being so prideful and prejudiced, or to drop the vampire... More  →
Literary Love Matches We Want to See

9 Books I Hate That Everyone Else Loves

By reidfaylorJune 15, 2012
I love to read, and for the most part, I tend to at least moderately enjoy every book I read. It is very rare I find a book without anything worthwhile in it, a book so amazingly bad it actually makes me angry. The worst... More  →
9 Books I Hate That Everyone Else Loves

Why You Should All Read The Perks of Being a Wallflower

If you watched the MTV movie awards, you know that The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky is being made into a movie. And the cast is awesome. Harry Potter star Emma Watson joins Ezra Miller (Patrick) and Logan Lerman (Charlie) as Sam,... More  →
Why You Should All Read The Perks of Being a Wallflower