Search Menu
Menu

INCONCEIVABLE! (A Super-Late Writer Wars Post)

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 21, 2012
The benefits of today's title are two-fold: First, it aptly describes your most recent submissions, as you covered all manner of unbelievable/absurd/ludicrous phenomenons in your stories; and second, it allows me to distract you from my woeful tardiness by POSTING THIS HILARIOUS CLIP... More  →
INCONCEIVABLE! (A Super-Late Writer Wars Post)

Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must Reads: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

By ContributorAugust 21, 2012
Catch up on the rest of the series here! Book: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin Synopsis: After her friends are killed in a horrendous accident of which she was the only survivor, Mara’s life begins to unravel. She’s convinced that... More  →
Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must Reads: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

Is the Hunger Games Better Than Harry Potter???

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 21, 2012
We're not sure, but book sales seem to indicate the answer to that question is yes. The Hunger Games series has officially outsold the Harry Potter series on Amazon (both print and e-books). And if it's outselling HP on Amazon, you know it's... More  →
Is the Hunger Games Better Than Harry Potter???

The Best Animals in Literature!

By ContributorAugust 21, 2012
Let's face it—animals in literature are pretty awesome! Many of our favorite stories DEPEND on animals...but do they ever get any credit? NO! So here's to all the Mr. And Mrs. Beavers, the unnamed parrots that sidekick for every pirate ever, and every other overlooked... More  →
The Best Animals in Literature!

Books to Loan Your Crush (And What They Say About You)

By Melissa AlbertAugust 20, 2012
You're in love! But you can't figure out how to express your feelings in talking, because when your crush is around all that comes out is "PLEASED TO MEET ME." So why not loan your crush a book, and let an expert on the written... More  →
Books to Loan Your Crush (And What They Say About You)

Lies That Young Adult Fiction Has Told Me

By ContributorAugust 16, 2012
I love classic literature and art-house flicks just as much as the next person, but sometimes they’re not what I need. I don’t bring Beowulf to the beach, nor do I watch Memento for a relaxing afternoon. When I just want something shmoopsy to waste... More  →
Lies That Young Adult Fiction Has Told Me

Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must Reads: Thirteen Reasons Why

By ContributorAugust 16, 2012
Catch up on the entire series right here! Book: Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher Synopsis: Clay Jensen comes home from school to find a package that turns his life upside down (because mysterious packages in teen novels don’t seem to do... More  →
Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must Reads: Thirteen Reasons Why

ALL CAPS, ALL THE TIME: In Defense of Chelsea Dagger's FAVORITE FORM OF COMMUNICATION

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 14, 2012
Butts, I have a problem. I'm not talking about the gallons of perspiration that drip from my spectacularly large forehead whenever the temperature rises above 28 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm also not talking about my woeful lack of boogie skills (my signature dance move, a... More  →
ALL CAPS, ALL THE TIME: In Defense of Chelsea Dagger's FAVORITE FORM OF COMMUNICATION

THE INTERNET DOESN'T EVEN EXIST. OR DOES IT? (HINT: IT DOES. MAYBE.)

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 7, 2012
HOWDY, BUTTS. I'd like to start off by thanking all of you scholarly, lovable dweebs for participating in Writer Wars; whether you're an old pro who's been around since the beginning or a newbie who's just joined us recently, I want you to know that... More  →
THE INTERNET DOESN'T EVEN EXIST. OR DOES IT? (HINT: IT DOES. MAYBE.)

The 5 Best Movie-to-Book Adaptations

By Vadim NewquistAugust 7, 2012
There's nothing quite like seeing a movie that brings the twists and turns of a truly great book to life, but how often do you read a great book that brings a movie to life? Surprisingly there aren't that many! So we thought you might... More  →
The 5 Best Movie-to-Book Adaptations