Skip over navigation

Reading List for the Yale-Bound

By ContributorAugust 4, 2011
Laura, aka rosefan42, is a British Sparkler applying to Yale. This week she shows us her summer reading list! —Sparkitors Happy summer, Sparklers! I am in FRANCE right now, typing away at a really weird French keyboard, so if my writing goes a... More  →
Reading List for the Yale-Bound

Twilight: Ignoring the Menstrual Cycle

By ContributorAugust 3, 2011
This open letter to Stephenie Meyer—by Mollyisa*—is short, sweet, and to the point. Period. —Sparkitors Dear Mrs. Meyer: While your stories are riveting in many ways (at least to young girls and goldfish, who find most things riveting since their memory lasts approximately 3 seconds),... More  →
Twilight: Ignoring the Menstrual Cycle

Who's Your Literary Girlfriend?

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 3, 2011
Are you cranky, selfish, and hiding a bevy of unpleasant secrets? Jane Eyre is the lady for you! Endlessly forgiving and utterly imperturbable, she'll stick by you no matter how hideous your past offenses. In fact, don't try to whitewash your nasty bits at all; the better to More  →
Who's Your Literary Girlfriend?

Let's Put the "Fun" Back in "Cemetery"!

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 2, 2011
Who would have thought that the words "cemetery" and "in a tree" could inspire you to such heights of literary greatness? Last week's prompt brought out your dark side—there were enough ghosts, murders, tear-streaked faces, and graveyards to win Stephen King a Pulitzer—but... More  →
Let's Put the "Fun" Back in "Cemetery"!

Slipping Reality: A Sparkler's Debut Novel!

By ContributorAugust 2, 2011
We're so thrilled to announce that PrestigiousTimeLady, one of our favorite (and most hilarious) Sparklers, has written a BOOK! We are now in the presence of greatness.—Sparkitors Helllooooo, Sparklers! For those of you who don’t know me, I’m PrestigiousTimeLady, aka Emily, the writer... More  →
Slipping Reality: A Sparkler's Debut Novel!

Dear Albert: Worried Beard

By Emily WinterJuly 29, 2011
“Did I fart on you?” I hear myself ask. “You are an Anagram!” WHAT THE BAJESUS AM I SAYING?! Anna Ingram puts her perfect arm around my shoulder and tries to heave me off the floor, but I fumble. Why am I on the floor? Ohhhh, right. She... More  →
Dear Albert: Worried Beard

Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Part 5

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 29, 2011
Chapter Thirteen: Gryffindor Versus Ravenclaw Better Title: Harry's Lust Knows No Bounds There sure is a lot of Quidditch in these three chapters. Do you know what's not in these chapters? The Aurors and child safety. I cannot believe the Magic Government allows Dumbledore to remain in... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Part 5

Can You Fall in Love AND Get a 4.0?

By ContributorJuly 29, 2011
Faye's blogging THE NAKED ROOMMATE as she prepares for her first year of college! —Sparkitors Gah, Chapter 7 of The Naked Roommate is 56 pages long?! It’s the size of a small book, which discusses why you should read your college books, all within... More  →
Can You Fall in Love AND Get a 4.0?

Lord Voldemort Takes a Facebook Survey

By ContributorJuly 29, 2011
We could not be more delighted with Schmerg_The_Impaler's hilarious post if it came with an actual Weasley. (But do send us your extra Weasleys! We'll be reeeal careful with them.) –Sparkitors I like taking pointless Facebook surveys as much as the next person. But,... More  →
Lord Voldemort Takes a Facebook Survey

GONE vs. Twilight vs. The Hunger Games

By ContributorJuly 27, 2011
inksplatteredfingerzz has had it up to HERE with Twilight. We're guessing you can commiserate.—Sparkitors I have accepted that, for reasons I can't understand, the interest of young adult readers everywhere has been captured by a whiny damsel-in-distress, her sexy, sparkly boyfriend,... More  →
GONE vs. Twilight vs. The Hunger Games