Skip over navigation

It's Official: Snape is the Most Popular Dude in the World

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 1, 2011
The Guardian just released the results of their "Who's your favorite Harry Potter character?" poll, and the winner is none other than the sulky, shampoo-resistant Severus Snape, who is surely performing victorious hip-thrusts in a moldy basement at this very moment. Snape won by... More  →
It's Official: Snape is the Most Popular Dude in the World

Ask a Teacher: What's Your Favorite Book?

By Mr. JonesAugust 31, 2011
Q: What’s your favorite book? Why? A: In high school, I never read for pleasure. I read assigned books, I participated in the discussions and I aced my assignments. But never just for fun. If I wasn’t being graded on it, why bother? I felt that... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What's Your Favorite Book?

Know What's Super Hilarious? DEATH! Except Not.

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 30, 2011
Congratulations, writers; last week's entries were GUT-WRENCHINGLY DEPRESSING. I guess I have no one to blame but myself; I did ask you to write about a brush with death, a prompt which, looking back, didn't really have as much potential for inspiring fart... More  →
Know What's Super Hilarious? DEATH! Except Not.

Holding On: Chapter 14

By ContributorAugust 29, 2011
In the last chapter of willwriteforhearts' fiction masterpiece, Alice and her friends stumble upon her mother's mysterious new boyfriend in a dark alley, and Nick debates whether or not to tell his crush Sam the truth about his paralysis.—Sparkitors Annie looks like a... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 14

Dear Albert: I Will Respond to This Letter If It Kills Me

By Emily WinterAugust 26, 2011
I don’t want to complain or anything, I’m just wondering: How can life be so breezy for some people and so absurdly complicated for others? Like, okay, my best friend’s name is Gil. You’d think it’d be hard being a 16-year-old guy with the name Gil,... More  →
Dear Albert: I Will Respond to This Letter If It Kills Me

Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 1

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 25, 2011
Chapter One: The Riddle House Better Title: Cover Your Eyes, Children This is it. This is the turning point of the series. The first three books are piles of stupid compared to what follows. No more will the books be silly whodunit Blue's Clues mysteries. Instead, the... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 1

Hogwarts Superlatives: The Final Cut

By ContributorAugust 25, 2011
Forget the Oscars; dac213 passes final judgement on the best-of-the-best from the all-star Potter cast.—Sparkitors Since I awarded Avatar: The Last Airbender superlatives, I clearly had to do the same for Hogwarts (BTW, “Hogwarts” does not come up as misspelled;... More  →
Hogwarts Superlatives: The Final Cut

An Unconventional Love Story

By ContributorAugust 24, 2011
Here's the story of how missmaryquitecontrary got her reading mojo back!—Sparkitors When I read the SparkLife contribution FAQ, I noticed that it specifically mentioned not to submit any sentimental posts about love. But I'm going to take... More  →
An Unconventional Love Story

Fury (This is Book Review, Not a Post About Your Rage Blackouts)

Lonks hits book 53 with the review of a brand new teen thriller!—Sparkitors Book #53: Fury Author: Elizabeth Miles Reason for Reading: I believe that I've mentioned my good friend who is a middle school librarian before, correct? Well, she was... More  →
Fury (This is Book Review, Not a Post About Your Rage Blackouts)

Seven Reasons You Should Put Down Twilight and Pick up Shiver

If you needed seven more reasons to banish Twilight from your bookshelves, dac213's got the goods right here. –Sparkitors Did you read the Twilight saga? Did you then also read the Need series right up to Entice? And after Entice... More  →
Seven Reasons You Should Put Down Twilight and Pick up Shiver