Skip over navigation
Menu

My Summer Reading List

By ContributorJune 18, 2012
It’s taken me a good three weeks, but I’ve finally come to the conclusion that there are better things to do with my limited free time than binge on Netflix. Some might suggest that I could hang out with my friends, but I HAVE NO... More  →
My Summer Reading List

Stolen Kisses, Stolen Cars, and the Woeful Lack of Salinger In Your Lives

By Chelsea DaggerJune 18, 2012
Butts, drop whatever you're doing, sprint to the nearest library, and check out Nine Stories by JD Salinger. I'm almost positive that none of you have read this miraculous collection of short stories, as no one made even the slightest allusion to either Seymour Glass or... More  →
Stolen Kisses, Stolen Cars, and the Woeful Lack of Salinger In Your Lives

BOOK REVIEW: Unholy Night by Seth Grahame-Smith

By Swapna KrishnaJune 18, 2012
Seth Grahame-Smith has had quite the journey to success. We heard about him when he coauthored the first (or at least the first famous) literary mash-up, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. His novel Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter has been adapted into a movie that, unless... More  →
BOOK REVIEW: Unholy Night by Seth Grahame-Smith

Book Review: Under the Never Sky

Check out the rest of Dac's Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must-Reads here! Book: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi Synopsis: Aria is a Dweller, one of the privileged few who live in the pods—enclosed cities safe from the energy storms and other dangers... More  →
Book Review: Under the Never Sky

Why Everyone Ever Should Always Be Reading P.G. Wodehouse All the Time

P. G. Wodehouse is one of my favorite authors. He wrote over ninety books in his lifelong career as a writer; most (well, all) of them are completely BRILLIANT humorous fiction. Yet I couldn’t find a single sentence on SparkNotes that even mentioned him (I... More  →
Why Everyone Ever Should Always Be Reading P.G. Wodehouse All the Time

Holden Caulfield: My Own Personal Peeta Mellark

We had so many great Book Week submissions that we couldn't fit them all in last week—but let's be honest: every week is Book Week on SparkLife.—Sparkitors Seeing everyone else’s posts about books that changed their lives inspired me, but I’m not sure I’ve ever... More  →
Holden Caulfield: My Own Personal Peeta Mellark

If Literary Characters Were Camp Counselors

By kat_rosenfieldJune 15, 2012
With the school year coming to an end, it’s time for good little campers everywhere to pack their bags, kiss their mommies goodbye, and head off for a summer of FUN... at the SparkNotes Sleepaway Camp! Where the air is clean, the sun is sunny, and all the counselors are ch More  →
If Literary Characters Were Camp Counselors

My First Blog Novel: Cost of Revenge

By ContributorJune 15, 2012
So, after seeing a number of movies and other blog entries, I realized that blog novels had been on the rise recently. In most of the movies, the author that posted his or her novel on the blog eventually became famous. In most cases, however,... More  →
My First Blog Novel: Cost of Revenge

The Magic Tree House Series: The Epitome of Masterful Literature

By ContributorJune 15, 2012
You read the title. You know what this is about. And since sarcasm is my default internet tone, I'm inclined to point out that I am indeed not being sarcastic when I say that the Magic Tree House is amazing. And I know what you're... More  →
The Magic Tree House Series: The Epitome of Masterful Literature

How to Publish Your Own Fantasy Novel

By Swapna KrishnaJune 15, 2012
With the plethora of fantasy novels being written and published lately, you probably have wondered if you should put pen to paper and write your own. After all, you have a great imagination and decent writing skills. Why not? If you're considering writing a work... More  →
How to Publish Your Own Fantasy Novel