Skip over navigation

How To Write a Worst-Seller

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 29, 2011
A quick look around your local bookstore, gas station, or garbage can will make it pretty clear that any idiot can write a bestseller. In fact, any idiot can write bestsellers about how to write a bestseller. But relatively few idiots... More  →
How To Write a Worst-Seller

WANTED: Indestructible Deodorant And Draco Malfoy as My Forever Buddy

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 29, 2011
Can you even IMAGINE what the world would be like if I possessed not only a magic stick of antiperspirant, but also a magic BOYFRIEND? I would surely become the greatest wizard ever to exist, and my reign of cupcakes and terror would not soon... More  →
WANTED: Indestructible Deodorant And Draco Malfoy as My Forever Buddy

Go Team Ginny!

By ContributorNovember 24, 2011
Step aside, Bergstein: JediPanda is here to defend the honor of Ginny "The Lamp" Weasley!—Sparkitors I've been hooked on Dan Bergstein's Blogging Harry Potter since the first post. I love everything about it—except for one thing. Dan often compares Ginny Weasley to... More  →
Go Team Ginny!

10 Tips to Make Your Fantasy Hero Not Stupid

By Scott GreenstoneNovember 22, 2011
It’s week 4 of NaNoWriMo, and your hero still sucks times a million. You feel dumb and your fingers type slowly because there’s nothing grounding your novel or pushing it along. We understand your stupidity, though, and we are ready to fight it with every... More  →
10 Tips to Make Your Fantasy Hero Not Stupid

Why Superman's Reign of Terror Must End

By ContributorNovember 22, 2011
mjray926 is not impressed with everyone's favorite butt-chinned superhero. Is she onto something, or blaspheming comic-book history? –Sparkitors I am the unofficial head of the SMAP initiative. SMAP (I wish it spelled out SLAP) stands for Superman Awareness Program. My many colleagues and I... More  →
Why Superman's Reign of Terror Must End

The Best Fictional Pets

By ContributorNovember 18, 2011
Rock-star contributor dac213 has amassed the finest imaginary pet store ever seen. –Sparkitors By now you’ve probably got your fictional crushes and fictional best friends all picked out. But what about fictional pets? These creatures are not only more interesting than your average... More  →
The Best Fictional Pets

Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 1

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 18, 2011
Chapter One: Dudley Demented Better Title: Introducing Angry Harry This is it! This is the best Harry Potter book. Some may complain about the slow pace of the beginning of the book. Some may dislike the new, angry Harry. A few younger readers may object to the... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 1

Please Specify Sex

By Scott GreenstoneNovember 18, 2011
If you make an account on eHarmony, you’ll never get married unless you have a picture of you riding a duck. (Is the squirrel jealous? YES! That’s half the point!) Rule #21: Accentuate the Positive and Other Rules for Personal Ads. “We know lots of... More  →
Please Specify Sex

All the Inheritance Spoilers You Could Ever Need

By ContributorNovember 17, 2011
Alish16 is about to give you the biggest post of spoilers ever. You know you can't help reading it!—Sparkitors After last week, you guys of course remember Eragon (that adorable rip-off of LOTR and Star Wars). You probably don't feel like... More  →
All the Inheritance Spoilers You Could Ever Need

The Top 10 Reasons Why the Eragon Series is Actually Pretty Good

By ContributorNovember 16, 2011
TheatrePoetDreamer takes on last week's controversial Eragon post! Which side of the debate are you on?—Sparkitors When I read the first Eragon book at the tender age of 10, I loved it. And I still do. And guess what? I read... More  →
The Top 10 Reasons Why the Eragon Series is Actually Pretty Good