Search Menu
Menu

The Best Fictional Characters Everyone Forgets About

By ElodieAugust 30, 2013
Protagonists get all the glory, accolades, and victory cookies. But for every protagonist that wins the Big Final Battle or makes a Crucial Decision, there are at least nine background characters that made it all possible. Those well-placed quips! That timely advice! It’s a tough... More  →
The Best Fictional Characters Everyone Forgets About

Who Should Meet Dumbledore? J.K. Rowling Weighs In

By Abbey ClarkeAugust 29, 2013
Love is hard, guys. Especially fandom love, right? Whether your particular poison is Supernatural, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Firefly, Harry Potter, or anything else under the sun, you’ve felt the pain that happens when a beloved character dies, or simply when a good series ends. We’re... More  →
Who Should Meet Dumbledore? J.K. Rowling Weighs In

Character Crossovers We're Dying to See

By Melissa AlbertAugust 28, 2013
Watching a villainous Benedict Cumberbatch stalk around the Enterprise in Star Trek Into Darkness made us happy, and watching him go head to head with Chris Pine's hotheaded (and hot) Captain Kirk made us happier. But you know what would make us happiest? Watching Cumberbatch's... More  →
Character Crossovers We're Dying to See

Unsure About Selfies? Try Bookshelfies!

By Valerie BurnAugust 28, 2013
A while back, we posted about selfies. This Splogger was staunchly ANTI. Something about them feels vain and narcissistic. As in, Look at me! Here I am and don't I look pretty? Then, of course, half of the tags on selfies are things... More  →
Unsure About Selfies? Try Bookshelfies!

Writer Wars: Hope

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 27, 2013
Sparkler mudbloodandproud hit the nail on the head when she took a guess at the inspiration behind last week's prompt: "Hope? I think Chelsea hopes to read happy stories for once." I DID, SPARKLEBUTTS, I TRULY TRULY DID. But for the most part, y'all chose to craft tales of More  →
Writer Wars: Hope

Writer Wars Winner: Hope is a Poison

By reidfaylorAugust 27, 2013
Congrats to caffeine_addict, who won the Sparklers' Choice Award last week with her tale of a man slowly driven mad by hope. Click through the slideshow to check out her chilling story and Reid Faylor's accompanying illustrations, and don't forget to submit your own story More  →
Writer Wars Winner: "Hope is a Poison" by caffeine_addict!

Writer Wars Winner: "A Letter From Hogwarts" by AmandaTheAwesome!

By reidfaylorAugust 20, 2013
Congrats to Amanda, who earned 17 votes and last week's Sparklers' Choice Award for her short story about everyone's favorite witch, Hermione Granger! Click through the slideshow to check out her entire submission (brought to life by Reid Faylor's awesome illustrations), a More  →
Writer Wars Winner: "A Letter From Hogwarts" by AmandaTheAwesome!

Writer Wars: It's What's Inside That Counts

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 20, 2013
I high-fived myself three times for coming up with today's title, but then I had to deduct four high-fives from my high-five bank for having high-fived myself. IT'S A VICIOUS CYCLE. But enough about my horrifyingly dorky personal life—let's get our gab on about last week's More  →
Writer Wars: It's What's Inside That Counts

What to Do if You Haven't Started Your Summer Reading

By ElodieAugust 14, 2013
You’ve really gone and done it now. You haven’t even started your summer reading, and you’re staring down the barrel of the paintball gun that is the first day of school. But it’s not your fault—wasn’t June, like, two days ago?! And now it’s August?... More  →
What to Do if You Haven't Started Your Summer Reading