Skip over navigation

One Year, 100 Books: Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats

By ContributorApril 20, 2011
Lonks is on book 26 already?! Time flies when you're readin' about cats, we guess!—Sparkitors Book #26: Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats Author: T.S. Eliot Reason for Reading: I was kind of far behind because Starship Troopers took me basically all... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats

Unwhole: Chapter 26

By ContributorApril 19, 2011
Darklite808's book keeps surprising us! Last time we left, Caleb was locked in a dungeon with Katie. What's going to happen next?!—Sparkitors As if on cue, a dozen girls and boys stumbled out of the darkness. Caleb stared in horror.... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 26

One Year, 100 Books: Starship Troopers

By ContributorApril 19, 2011
Lonks is officially 25% done with her quest! HOORAH!—Sparkitors Book #25: Starship Troopers Author: Robert A. Heinlein Reason for Reading: I wanted to read some Sci-Fi, and this is what my older brother picked out for me. Quote: I couldn’t chose between two... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Starship Troopers

Sparkler Book Review: Infinite Days

By ContributorApril 18, 2011

Nicole-Lyn's last book review was hilarious, and this one is just as good!—Sparkitors

Infinite Days, by Rebecca Maizel, is a novel  that involves, um...people with a certain condition that makes them have to drink the blood... More  →
Sparkler Book Review: Infinite Days

A Few Reasons Why The Twilight Series Isn’t Actually That Bad

thispaperdream backs up yankeegirl93's controversial recent post!—Sparkitors I’m a fan of Dan Bergstein's Twilight posts; they're brilliant, funny, and totally unique. But I’m also not afraid to stand up for my own opinions, and after reading ... More  →
A Few Reasons Why The Twilight Series Isn’t Actually That Bad

Holding On: Chapter 5

In the last chapter, Alice (aka "Wonder") wanders into her long-empty backyard with Eric and Annie, and is over-taken by memories of the past.—Sparkitors “Um, Wonder, I said thanks. Can you give me the drumsticks?” A confused Eric is standing in front of me,... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 5

Is It OK to Read Kids' Books?

By Miss MarmApril 15, 2011
As someone who feels guilty about everything, including how guilty I'm always feeling, I relate to this Sparkler. Once upon a time, I was in love with the English language. To be more specific, I was in love with literature—so in love that I have become... More  →
Is It OK to Read Kids' Books?

Are You a Hate-able Twilight Hater?

By ContributorApril 15, 2011
yankeegirl93 brings up THE TWILIGHT ISSUE again to call all you Twilight-haters to the stand. Word!—Sparkitors Look, if you hate Twilight, that’s awesome. Good for you, really! I'm sure the books are really appreciative of your passionate loathing. The world is much... More  →
Are You a Hate-able Twilight Hater?

Blogging Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Part 2

By Dan_BergsteinApril 14, 2011
Chapter Four: The Keeper of Keys Better Title: It's OK to Talk to Strangers Hagrid arrives in all his gigantic glory and utters his famous phrase: "Harry—yer a wizard." Note: If a large burly man burst through your door and said this, you should call... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Part 2

Unwhole: Chapter 25

By ContributorApril 14, 2011
The last time we left off in Darklite808's book, Dee's father was about to stab her.—Sparkitors The hardest part of being stabbed in the heart wasn’t the pain—it was looking at the person holding the knife. His short black beard flicked with white and... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 25