Skip over navigation

Blogging Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Part 1

By Dan_BergsteinApril 8, 2011
Chapter One: The Boy Who Lived Better Title: The Boy Who Murdered This book sucks! Was this written by an army of monkeys? And why is everything stupid and dumb? Kidding. Even the first few pages of this book are better written than anything in the Twilight series.... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Part 1

Dear Albert: What Ralph Would Have Wanted

By Emily WinterApril 6, 2011
Meet Sam. Er, we mean "Albert." Well actually... just read the thing. —Sparkitors I freaking hate pretending. I’m not morally opposed, necessarily. I’m just terrible at it! Which makes what’s about to happen so incredibly difficult for me. I just reread that and realized you might be... More  →
Dear Albert: What Ralph Would Have Wanted

An Announcement

By Dan_BergsteinApril 6, 2011
Gotcha! My retirement post was an evil April Fool's joke that many of you figured out. And once people got the joke, they yelled at me. I felt bad. I'm sorry for causing any stress or intestinal discomfort. I'm not leaving SparkNotes. Not yet.... More  →
An Announcement

One Year, 100 Books: Whip It

By ContributorApril 5, 2011
Book #22: Whip It (formerly published as Derby Girl) Author: Shauna Cross Reason for Reading: When I saw the movie (screenplay written by the author, Shauna Cross), I didn’t know there was a book until the closing credits. On principle, the book is always better... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Whip It

Unwhole: Chapter 24

By ContributorApril 4, 2011
In the last chapter of Darklite808's book, Delilah had just woken up and found out that Caleb was gone. Now she's back at her parents' palace. —Sparkitors I should’ve known something unusual was going on as I finished telling my parents what had happened.... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 24

One Year, 100 Books: I Capture The Castle

By ContributorApril 4, 2011
Lonks took a bit of a break from her popular series, but now she's back and better than ever!—Sparkitors Book #21: I Capture the Castle Author: Dodie Smith Reason for Reading: I got this book for Christmas from my aunt and knew absolutely... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: I Capture The Castle

Unwhole: Chapter 23

By ContributorMarch 31, 2011
When we left off in Darklite808's novel, Dee had just found out that she was the Unwhole. —Sparkitors Pain washed over me immediately—it felt as if needles were being inserted into my head. I groaned, shifting, trying to feel my surroundings since my eyelids... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 23

My French Adventure: One Day, One Book

By ContributorMarch 24, 2011
LadyM may be galavanting around Franceland, but she still found the time to read a book! Now THAT'S a Sparkler.—Sparkitors Does today's title seem familiar? It's because I was recently inspired by Lonks' wonderful column, One Year,... More  →
My French Adventure: One Day, One Book

Unwhole: Chapter 22

By ContributorMarch 24, 2011
Caleb just claimed to be the Unwhole to save Dee. We can't wait to see what happens next in Darklite808's book! —Sparkitors The One leaned back onto her throne, the cushions sinking under her weight, as several Demonic Vampires bowed in front of her.... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 22

Unwhole: Chapter 21

By ContributorMarch 22, 2011
In the last chapter of Darklite808's book, Caleb was still battling Kundo, and Kevin and Dee were unconscious. —Sparkitors Caleb closed his eyes against the smoke and soot, and when he opened them a groan escaped his lips. In front of him stood two... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 21