Skip over navigation

What the Heck is A Game of Thrones, and Why Is It So Amazing?

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 16, 2011
You may have heard of it. Perhaps you saw the ad for the HBO series beginning next month. Maybe you spotted the dense books at the store, or read about the upcoming release of the long awaited fifth book... More  →
What the Heck is A Game of Thrones, and Why Is It So Amazing?

Unwhole: Chapter 20

By ContributorMarch 16, 2011
Last time we left off in Darklite808's book, Caleb had just attacked Kundo the demon, but can he beat him? —Sparkitors Just as Caleb brought the sword up for another swipe, Kundo screeched louder. Caleb screamed too; the sword dropped from his fingers as... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 20

One Year, 100 Books: City of Bones

By ContributorMarch 16, 2011
Book #19: City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) Author: Cassandra Clare Reason for Reading: My friends have been pestering me to read it for a while, and then I found a copy that was in pretty good condition in a secondhand bookstore a... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: City of Bones

An Interview with Writer Courtney Moulton

By Miss MarmMarch 15, 2011
I'm excited to announce that all this week, we'll be publishing interviews with authors of novels in the Dark Days series. I know many Sparklers aspire to be writers, and this is a great chance to steal ideas from get inspired... More  →
An Interview with Writer Courtney Moulton

Unwhole: Chapter 19

By ContributorMarch 14, 2011
In the last chapter of Darklite808's book, Kevin was battling Katie (who was possessed), and Caleb was trying to heal Dee. —Sparkitors Caleb was aware of his surroundings: everything was ice. He was trapped inside the Pole Doze, and the air was slowly thickening... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 19

One Year, 100 Books: Leviathan

By ContributorMarch 14, 2011
Lonks is nearly 20% done with her quest, and her reviews get better with each book!—Sparkitors Book #18: Leviathan Author: Scott Westerfeld Reason for Reading: I discovered Westerfeld's Uglies series a few years ago, and I loved it. I’ve read all of... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Leviathan

What It Takes to Make a Book Worth Reading

By ContributorMarch 11, 2011
What makes a book great? BookFreak's gonna break it down for you. –Sparkitors I was just mentally listing all the reasons every copy of Twilight should be pulped and recycled into more copies of Harry Potter books. Of course, the list got out of... More  →
What It Takes to Make a Book Worth Reading

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 38

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 10, 2011
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Power Better Title: I Have No Idea What the Hell Just Happened, but I'm Left Feeling Angry, Tired, Cheated, Bored, Gassy, and Weak This is the penultimate chapter. Bella says words. Edward is stupid. There is mention of love. And that's all I really understand.... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 38

Unwhole: Chapter 18

By ContributorMarch 10, 2011
In the last chapter of Darklite808's book, enemies Kevin and Caleb had just teamed up. But will they kill each other before they save Delilah? —Sparkitors “So, you were about to marry a Demonic Vampire, and Dee was supposed to entertain three armed guards... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 18

Unwhole: Chapter 17

By ContributorMarch 8, 2011
Last time we left off, Kevin had just killed vampire-demon Teresa, and Caleb was running to the castle to save Dee. What's going to happen next in Darklite808's book?! -- Sparkitors Dee was lying on the ground, motionless, her eyes closed, and her face... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 17