Search Menu
Menu

You Guys, the NYC Teen Author Festival starts TODAY!

By Kathryn_WilliamsMarch 18, 2013
Don't get us wrong. We're not saying you should sell your textbooks online, empty your Dalek piggy bank, tell your parents you'll be at Steve's all weekend, and hitchhike to NYC. What is this, 1963?! That would be totally irresponsible. All... More  →
You Guys, the NYC Teen Author Festival starts TODAY!

Dan's 22 Storytelling Tips

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 13, 2013
Pixar’s storyboard artist Emma Coats wrote 22 awesome storytelling tips for writers, and since Tweeting the list, it’s gone viral. The advice is great, with wonderful nuggets such as: "Tip #19: Coincidences to get characters into trouble are great; coincidences to get them out of... More  →
Dan's 22 Storytelling Tips

Help Us Rename Sci-Fi

By EmmaMarch 12, 2013
There are a bunch of great sci-fi books for teens coming out this fall (like The 5th Wave, which is about a girl named Cassie who's trying to survive an alien invasion!). But is "science fiction" the best way to describe these books? That term... More  →
Help Us Rename Sci-Fi

How To Enjoy a Book If You Disagree With the Author's Beliefs

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 12, 2013
Can you still enjoy a book if you disagree with the author’s personal beliefs? In recent years, author Orson Scott Card has made it clear that he’s against same-sex marriage. He also wrote Ender’s Game, one of the most popular sci-fi novels of... More  →
How To Enjoy a Book If You Disagree With the Author's Beliefs

What's Your Jane Austen Name?

By Sydney ScottMarch 12, 2013
Whether you’ve read Pride and Prejudice in school, caught a BBC adaptation of Sense and Sensibility on TV, or seen the movie Clueless, most everyone has experienced the awesomeness that is Jane Austen’s imagination. Unfortunately, we can’t hop in a super-cool time machine... More  →
What's Your Jane Austen Name?

Battle of the Blonds: Draco vs. Joffrey

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 11, 2013
Blond boys are sadistic jerks...according to recent fantasy books. In the Harry Potter stories, flaxen-haired Draco Malfoy is not only the school bully but an all-around ass. In the Game of Thrones universe, fair-haired Joffrey is a spoiled boy-king who gets everything he wants. These... More  →
Battle of the Blonds: Draco vs. Joffrey

An Interview with the Authors of Beautiful Creatures

By Kathryn_WilliamsMarch 1, 2013
You guys, I have two new heroines in my life (and a new inappropriate crush—more on that later). I already had a great, totally healthy love for Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia because they organize the most wondrous YA festival known to man, woman, and... More  →
An Interview with the Authors of Beautiful Creatures

These Fictional Characters Would Make the WORST Roommates

By Melissa AlbertMarch 1, 2013
It's a truth universally acknowledged that most interesting fictional characters are completely undatable. But how would they hold up in a platonic living situation? Could you shack up with Ishmael? Would you sign a lease with Holden? We recommend... More  →
These Fictional Characters Would Make the WORST Roommates

Everything I Know About The Fault In Our Stars (Without Reading the Book)

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 26, 2013
It’s impossible to ignore the popularity of John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars. The book is a full- blown phenomenon. The movie is in the works, of course, and that will only boost the book’s hype. But I haven’t read it. I haven’t seen... More  →
Everything I Know About The Fault In Our Stars (Without Reading the Book)