Skip over navigation

Sparkler vs. Dan Brown: The Lost Symbol

By ContributorFebruary 9, 2011
So...did you like it or not, Blurabbit? We're trying to read between the lines! –Sparkitors The Lost Symbol is the latest tedious book by best-selling author Dan Brown. Mr. Brown has treated us to yet another roller coaster of... More  →
Sparkler vs. Dan Brown: The Lost Symbol

Unwhole: Chapter 8

By ContributorFebruary 8, 2011
We can't believe how gripping Darklite808's book is! We can't read it fast enough. —Sparkitors The second I opened my eyes, I thought I was on fire. It was dim, but still the light burned my eyes. Pain radiated through my body. My head... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 8

One Year, 100 Books: The Picture of Dorian Gray

By ContributorFebruary 8, 2011
We've never felt the need to read this classic, but Lonks' rave review gave us a reason enough to check it out!—Sparkitors Book #9: The Picture of Dorian Gray Author: Oscar Wilde Quote: I am so glad you have never done... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: The Picture of Dorian Gray

One Year, 100 Books: Ender's Shadow

By ContributorFebruary 7, 2011
Lonks reviews a sci-fi favorite—but will she love it or hate it?—Sparkitors Book #8: Ender’s Shadow Author: Orson Scott Card Quote: “I'm not stupid!" In Bean's experience, that was a sentence never uttered except to prove its own... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Ender's Shadow

5 Reasons Why Reading is Awesome

By ContributorFebruary 4, 2011
Alexis A eats books. No really, she does. She said so herself. —Sparkitors Okay, I’ll admit it: I’m a bookworm. I eat, sleep, and breathe books. When I was younger, my parents had to take away... More  →
5 Reasons Why Reading is Awesome

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 33

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 3, 2011
Chapter Thirty-Three: Forgery Better Title: The Case of the Stupid Mystery Who is J. Jenks? Why did Alice secretly instruct Bella to visit Jenks? What is Alice's big plan? And when we're all living in outer space, will horses still serve a purpose? Some of these questions... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 33

Unwhole: Chapter 7

By ContributorFebruary 3, 2011
This is our first foray into fiction, and we love it! We can't wait to find out what happens next in Darklite808's book! —Sparkitors I was stunned. I didn’t see any weapons, just the armor, but I saw a staircase. If they... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 7

The Weirdest Children's Books (N)Ever Written

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 3, 2011
We all have fond memories of the books we read as children; classics like Harold and the Purple Crayon and Where the Wild Things Are taught us lasting, valuable lessons, like "Harold is sort of delusional, isn't he?" and "Flesh-eating monsters... More  →
The Weirdest Children's Books (N)Ever Written

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part THE END

By Emily WinterFebruary 3, 2011
Volume of the Third: Chapters 17-19 Bibliophiles and butterbrains, this book is OVER. Now I'm going to fling myself off Mount Kilimanjaro into a pile of potato salad, just like I promised back in my first post. Teen Novel Rule #45: Don't make your readers... More  →
Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part THE END

Unwhole: Chapter 6

By ContributorFebruary 1, 2011
DarkLite808's book leaves us wanting more—luckily, she's already finished several more chapters! —Sparkitors I woke up early. Judging by the orange light sparkling across the room, it was still a little before dawn. Katie was still sleeping and her... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 6