Menu

Every Book on Your English Syllabus Summed Up in a Quote from The Office

Netflix/NBC

Credit:

I am not a teacher. Teachers are the real MVPs, and I don't have the patience, the stamina, or quite frankly the intelligence to be the actual, literal backbone of society.

In fact, if I were a teacher, we would just watch The Office nonstop. "It's sort of educational," I would argue when inevitably brought before the school board and forced to explain myself. "You know that cold open where Dwight starts a fire? It's reminiscent of the chaos, the inherent darkness of man, and the breakdown of society in Lord of the Flies."

"Good point," they would say. "Here, have a raise."

In conclusion, my students would gain nothing from my tutelage aside from an appreciation for Jim's hair in season 2 and an encyclopedic knowledge of Dunder-Mifflin. For a brief demonstration of my teaching style, here is (just about) every book, play, or short story you'll read in your English class, summed up in a quote from The Office.

Related: if you're looking for Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Officeclick here!

Topics: Books
Tags: books we love, the scarlet letter, lord of the flies, the great gatsby, pride and prejudice, the catcher in the rye, persuasion, jane austen, frankenstein, the office, classic literature, tv shows, dracula, tv shows we love, michael scott, michael scott explains the classics

Write your own comment!