Menu

7 Movie Adaptations Made by People Who Apparently Didn't Read the Book

Warner Bros.

Credit:

'The Shining'

Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining is, of course, one of the greatest and most enduring horror movies of our time. Now, Kubrick claims to have read the book, but it’s entirely possible he means this in the same way I do when I say I’ve “seen” Paranormal Activity, by which of course I mean I have read the Wikipedia page. Even Stephen King doesn’t think Kubrick did his book justice, citing his simplification of multiple elements, including Jack’s character:

"In the book, there's an actual arc where you see this guy, Jack Torrance, trying to be good, and little by little he moves over to this place where he's crazy…But I'm thinking to myself the minute he's on the screen, 'Oh, I know this guy. I've seen him in five motorcycle movies, where Jack Nicholson played the same part.'"

Topics: Books
Tags: harry potter, books we love, the shining, frankenstein, a series of unfortunate events, the book thief, jk rowling, harry potter and the deathly hallows, film adaptations, a clockwork orange, characters we love, blade runner, hp, some of them didn't even read the sparknotes

Write your own comment!