Menu

6 Insanely Bizarre Literary Sequels You Never Knew Existed

Warner Bros.

Credit:

There's a fifth 'Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants' book

Okay, so Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is no Dracula, but it’s up there with books that shaped many of our youths. And maybe I’m alone in this, but I somehow MISSED the fact that there’s a sequel that takes place ten years after the events of the fourth novel! Imagine my excitement when I realized the adventures of Tibby, Carmen, Bridget, and Lena would continue!

If you’ve read Sisterhood Everlasting, you know where this is going. If you haven’t, well, you might want to look away, because I’m just going to tell you everything that happens. First off, Tibby lives in Australia now and has lost contact with Carmen, Bridget, and Lena. She’s pregnant, AND she has a terminal illness. She invites the other girls out to Australia to reunite, and then she drowns in an swimming accident. Did I mention this all happens right in the beginning? And the book ends with the other girls coming to terms with their grief and living on a farm together? 

Oh, and Carmen’s a shallow, terrible person because she has an iPhone. It’s all deeply, deeply strange.

Topics: Books
Tags: books we love, the shining, sisterhood of the traveling pants, les miserables, dracula, catch 22, literary sequels, les miserables 2: the reckoning

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Elodie

In real life, she goes by the name Courtney Gorter. This is a closely guarded secret, and you're the only one who knows about it, so be cool. You can follow her on Twitter or check out her website if you want, but it's just going to be a lot of complaining.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.