Menu

The 20 Best Insults in Fiction, RANKED

iStock / BN.com / SparkLife

Credit:

"[Alanna] announced clearly: 'Ralon of Malven has beggars and thieves for ancestors. He's the son of a lizard and a demon. He has all the honor of a weasel. He can't even fight in the open like a man and a noble. He picks his fights in back halls—so no one can see him cheat.' … Ralon was staring at Alanna, gasping for words. 'What did you say?' he finally squeaked.
'Liar. Sneak. Coward. Bully.' She threw the words at him. 'You disgrace your name. D'you want me to write it down for you? Oh—I forgot. You can't read, either.'" —Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce

(BRB rereading all of the Alanna books.)

Topics: Books
Tags: harry potter, shakespeare, books we love, slideshows, lists, insults, characters we love, king lear, rankings, best insults in fiction, where can i buy a pocket-sized haymitch

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Abbey Clarke

Abbey Clarke is a writer and editorial assistant living in Jersey City. She's a player on a D&D podcast called Knife Errant, wrote her senior thesis on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and is working on a novel about a semi-reformed demon who runs a library. You can follow her on Twitter at @abbeybookaholic.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.