Search Menu
Menu

7 of Our Favorite Stephen Hawking Quotes

SparkNotes/Elodie

Credit:

I don't know about you guys, but I always thought of Stephen Hawking as a permanent fixture in our world. I kind of just assumed he would live forever. He may have been in his 70s, and he may have had a neurogenerative disease, but he gave off that sort of eternal energy—whether he was unlocking the secrets of the universe, throwing parties for time travelersgood-naturedly roasting John Oliver, or assuring distressed teens that there could exist a parallel universe in which Zayn never left One Direction.

Sadly, the renowned physicist and general visionary died early this morning at the age of 76. As a tribute, we thought we'd share some of his most inspirational quotes. What an honor and a privilege it was to share a universe with Stephen Hawking.

Topics: Life
Tags: celebrities, physics, authors we love, rip, stephen hawking, rest in peace, a brief history of time

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Elodie

In real life, she goes by the name Courtney Gorter. This is a closely guarded secret, and you're the only one who knows about it, so be cool. You can follow her on Twitter or check out her website if you want, but it's just going to be a lot of complaining.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.