Menu

Classic Lit Plots Most Likely to Happen in 2018

Amblin Entertainment/A Dog's Purpose

Credit:

Animal Farm by George Orwell

I don’t want to cause a panic. But something sneaky is going on. Something we've been ignoring for way too long.

The animals.

Don’t tell me you haven’t noticed.

Goldfish, those supposed little automatons, with six second memories? Mine knows when it's dinner time. Sometimes, when I forget to feed him on time, he acts out.  My dog? He definitely understands me. I thinks he learns a new facial expression every week. The other day, he gave me a knowing wink and a wry smile. Just yesterday I saw a crow repeatedly drop nuts onto a busy road so cars would crack the shells. Then, it would wait at the traffic lights with the pedestrians to go and collect them. Don’t even get me started on the squirrels! They’re the ones I fear the most. The grey squirrels are killing off most of the red squirrels, and they are coming for us next. Go vegan! Post it all over social media. The animals might just spare you when the revolution comes.

Topics: Books
Tags: animal farm, classic lit, the future, to kill a mockingbird, frankenstein, j.d. salinger, classic literature, moby dick, george orwell, catcher in the rye, harper lee, what fresh hell is this?!?, future predictions

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Taylor Noles

Taylor has very strong feelings about Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Her first name is actually Delaney, and her writing has appeared on VICE, NPR, and elsewhere. You can follow her on twitter @delaney_nolan

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.