Menu

7 Fictional Characters Whose Names Give Away the Story

Warner Bros.

Credit:

Ariadne from 'Inception'

Remember how Ellen Page’s character had to be put in charge of the mazes in the dream landscape? Because if Leo DiCaprio knew anything about their inner workings, then Marion Cotillard would show up and murder everybody? Is it clear yet that I can’t remember the names of anyone in this movie? Well, except for Page’s Ariadne, that is—and we should’ve figured from the moment they introduced her that she’d be the key to solving everything. In Greek mythology, Ariadne was the one who helped Theseus escape the Minotaur’s labyrinth, thus saving a bunch of people from being sacrificed.

I mean, it would’ve been more impressive if they could have given her a name that encompassed everything from Thomas Hardy snowmobiling through the mountains to Dileeo Rao driving a van off a bridge for forty minutes, but they did the best they could with what they had, I guess.

Topics: Books
Tags: harry potter, shakespeare, animal farm, books we love, pride and prejudice, the hunger games, othello, movies we love, sirius black, remus lupin, what's in a name? spoilers

Write your own comment!