Search Menu
Menu

The 8 Most Romantic Confessions of Love in Classic Lit

New Line Cinema/Focus Features/FOX 2000

Credit:

Ah, here they are. Here are 8 scenes which have RUINED MY LOVE LIFE by creating unrealistic standards. Currently, after careful reflection, I've decided to save myself for a romantic pursuer who spells out my name in fireworks before parachuting out of a plane and delivering a Shakespeare-worthy monologue about his feelings that is so intense, it renders my legs jelly. Either that, or somebody who will order me a pizza and let me have the last slice. Impossible? Probably. At least I've got these excerpts dogeared.

Topics: Books
Tags: shakespeare, the princess bride, classic lit, pride and prejudice, persuasion, jane eyre, jane austen, classic literature, mr. darcy, love stories, les miserables, the fault in our stars, lizzie bennet, much ado about nothing, literary classics, hazel grace, augustus waters, fictional couples, a room with a view, "juliet u up" did not make the list

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Taylor Noles

Taylor has very strong feelings about Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Her first name is actually Delaney, and her writing has appeared on VICE, NPR, and elsewhere. You can follow her on twitter @delaney_nolan

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.