Search Menu
Menu

The 7 Fictional Places We REALLY Want to Live

Bazmark Films/New Line Cinema/Focus Features

Credit:

If there's one thing that this season's weather is good for, it's appreciating a cozy home nest. Occasionally, I'll claw my way out of the mound of Doritos bags and old band-aids that I call my house, and try to imagine what it'd be like to live in one of the fictional dream houses below. I wash a dish. I make an attempt to decorate. Perhaps I stick some of the aforementioned band-aids on the wall in the shape of a heart. And then I nestle back into my trash mountain for the long winter, with visions of the Gryffindor common room and Mr. Darcy's marble statue stockpile dancing through my head. If you, too, want to feel like your current living space is sad and inadequate, click through to check out the most stunning settings in literature. 

Topics: Books
Tags: harry potter, wuthering heights, classic lit, the great gatsby, pride and prejudice, jane eyre, sherlock holmes, lord of the rings, mr. darcy, the hobbit, the shire, fictional settings, literary settings, is gatsby's mansion on airbnb?

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Taylor Noles

Taylor has very strong feelings about Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Her first name is actually Delaney, and her writing has appeared on VICE, NPR, and elsewhere. You can follow her on twitter @delaney_nolan

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.