Search Menu
Menu

If Fictional Characters Had Tinder

Temple Hill Entertainment/Summit Entertainment

Credit:

Given the haunted crypt that is my love life, it makes sense that I would eventually meander my way on over to Tinder, which is like the Taco Bell of dating. And having now swiped right and left  to my lonely heart's desire, I can confirm with absolute certainty that the single men in my area are a complete catastrophe. I've seen shirtless mirror pics. I've seen mullets. I've seen opening lines that ranged from "Hey, cuddle buddy" to "Life is a garden... I dig it."

The problem, I realized, is that I have a type when it comes to studly menfolk, and that type is fictional. I don't think I'm alone in this. Let's just put all our cards on the table and agree that the world would be a better place if Tinder was beset with the likes of Aragorn and Mr. Darcy.

Or would it?

Slideshow originally published November 2015

Topics: Books
Tags: twilight, dating, awkward situations, books we love, funny things, lotr, fictional characters, fictional crushes, edward cullen, characters we love, aragorn, tom riddle, jay gatsby, dorian gray, what fresh hell is this?!?, boo radley, heathcliff, swipe right x infinity

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Elodie

In real life, she goes by the name Courtney Gorter. This is a closely guarded secret, and you're the only one who knows about it, so be cool. You can follow her on Twitter or check out her website if you want, but it's just going to be a lot of complaining.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.