Search Menu
Menu

QUIZ: Would You Be Able to Pass Your O.W.L.s at Hogwarts?

QUIZ: Would You Be Able to Pass Your O.W.L.s at Hogwarts?

Warner Bros.

To me, the most infuriating part of Harry Potter was how everyone acted like casting spells and brewing potions was the rough equivalent of learning the Pythagorean theorem. Harry and Ron routinely fell asleep during History of Magic and procrastinated on their Transfiguration homework. I think I speak for all of us when I say we would have KILLED to be doing that stuff. Instead, we were diagramming sentences and learning that mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.

Simply put, we would have been soaking up that information like a sponge. But does that mean we could sit our O.W.L.s and pass with flying colors?

1. Which of the following is NOT a Polyjuice Potion ingredient?

2. What is the opposite of a Summoning Charm?

3. Which of the following is an Unforgivable Curse?

4. The Blast-Ended Skrewt is a hybrid of which two creatures?

5. At what age does a unicorn’s horn grow in?

6. Where would you most likely find a Hinkypunk?

7. What is the incantation for a Stunning Spell?

8. What was the name of the witch in the Middle Ages who allowed herself to be burned at the stake no less than 47 times in various disguises?

9. What indicates that a Mandrake has reached its adolescence?

10. Which of the following is considered a jinx?

11. How many registered Animagi were there in the 20th century?

12. In which of these places would you be most likely to find a Red Cap?

13. Which of the following DOES NOT distinguish the werewolf from the true wolf?

14. How would you distinguish a knarl from a hedgehog?

15. What is the incantation for the Disarming Charm?

More SparkTests

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Elodie

In real life, she goes by the name Courtney Gorter. This is a closely guarded secret, and you're the only one who knows about it, so be cool. You can follow her on Twitter or check out her website if you want, but it's just going to be a lot of complaining.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.