Search Menu
Menu

5 Books We Would Love to See Gender-Swapped

Universal Pictures

Credit:

Pride and Prejudice

As a society, we’ve already done Pride and Prejudice as a YouTube vlog, Pride and Prejudice as a Bollywood musical, Pride and Prejudice but with zombies. Pretty much the only thing we HAVEN’T done is Pride and Prejudice, gender-swapped. 

Now, I know what you’re thinking: “Elodie, yet another white male protagonist who gets the girl is exactly what NOBODY IS ASKING FOR,” and I hear you. I do! But since we’ve already gone and done everything else under the sun, someone might as well green-light a low-budget period film where Elliot Bennet is one of five unwed sons whose property has been entailed to a female heir for one reason or another. Enter the arrogant, attractive, and obnoxiously wealthy Miss Darcy, whom Elliot could never be prevailed upon to marry. 

Topics: Books
Tags: twilight, books we love, lord of the flies, the great gatsby, pride and prejudice, the odyssey, the picture of dorian gray, classic literature, genderbent, yes please, genderbent fiction

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Elodie

In real life, she goes by the name Courtney Gorter. This is a closely guarded secret, and you're the only one who knows about it, so be cool. You can follow her on Twitter or check out her website if you want, but it's just going to be a lot of complaining.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.