Search Menu
Menu

Harry Potter Characters That Would've Made Way Better Couples

Warner Bros.

Credit:

Narcissa Malfoy (née Black) and Severus Snape

"Well Elodie, now you’re just THROWING CHARACTERS TOGETHER WILLY-NILLY, like some kind of MANIAC." I know, but listen. JUST LISTEN.

I understand that Snape never got over Lily. I get that. Even after she rejected him, married someone else, and then died, he continued to love her. And if we’re being honest here, that’s baffling. Twenty years is a long time to love someone who doesn’t love you back. Snape would have been far happier had he stopped wallowing around in his own Byronic despair and gone out on a few dates.

And why Narcissa? Well, why not? They were both Death Eaters whose capacity for love led directly to the downfall of Voldemort. Snape switched sides early on because Lily died, and I have no doubt that Narcissa would’ve done the same for Draco.

And sure, the whole thing’s a Catch-22 because the fact that Snape loved Lily means he could never have loved Narcissa or anyone else. But if he had been willing to look past that and muster up just an ounce of positive character development, I think this could have worked.

Topics: Books
Tags: harry potter, dating, books we love, characters we love, shipping, harry potter couples, don't you dare @ me

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Elodie

In real life, she goes by the name Courtney Gorter. This is a closely guarded secret, and you're the only one who knows about it, so be cool. You can follow her on Twitter or check out her website if you want, but it's just going to be a lot of complaining.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.