Search Menu
Menu

Harry Potter Characters That Would've Made Way Better Couples

Warner Bros.

Credit:

Luna Lovegood and Ginny Weasley

People sometimes get contentious about Harry and Ginny. I have no horse in that race; I think Harry and Ginny are a fine idea, and I’m okay with them making out. That said, I don’t think they were soul mates, necessarily. I don’t think there is one person out there for everyone, I think there are a bunch of someones out there for everyone, and I think we should consider the possibility that Luna could have been one such someone for Ginny.

You may disagree with me on this, and that’s your right as a human being. But I’ve always had a thing about hot jocks with a heart of gold dating the misfit, probably stemming from repeated viewings of the 1999 cinematic marvel She’s All That. In fact, the more I talk about this, the more I’m in love with it. Ginny is the Freddie Prinze Jr. to Luna’s Rachael Leigh Cook, except without that whole thing where Freddie Prinze Jr. was only dating her to win the bet.

Topics: Books
Tags: harry potter, dating, books we love, characters we love, shipping, harry potter couples, don't you dare @ me

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Elodie

In real life, she goes by the name Courtney Gorter. This is a closely guarded secret, and you're the only one who knows about it, so be cool. You can follow her on Twitter or check out her website if you want, but it's just going to be a lot of complaining.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.