Search Menu
Menu

The 8 Most Messed-Up Relationships in Literature

Warner Bros.

Credit:

Being the love-starved loser that I am, I’ve always been a big fan of fictional relationships. But while some are an ideal to which we can all aspire, others are pretty much the worst thing ever. 

I may not know much about dating (I’m only vaguely aware that this is something people do), but I sure know a messed-up relationship when I see one. So today we’ll be talking about the worst fictional couples who ever had the audacity to make out with each other in literature.

Topics: Books
Tags: harry potter, twilight, relationships, wuthering heights, books we love, the great gatsby, classic literature, literary couples, macbeth, a midsummer night's dream, unhealthy relationships, toxic relationships, fictional relationships, the opposite of relationship goals

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Elodie

In real life, she goes by the name Courtney Gorter. This is a closely guarded secret, and you're the only one who knows about it, so be cool. You can follow her on Twitter or check out her website if you want, but it's just going to be a lot of complaining.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.