Search Menu
Menu

50 Essay Topics for the Most SparkNoted Books

Warner Bros.

Credit:

The worst part about writing an essay is coming up with the topic. You COULD argue that the actual worst part of writing an essay is, well, writing it, and you’d be right to, but I needed a quick, snappy way to start this post and besides, I can’t just write your essay for you. That would be lunacy. What I CAN do is give you some ideas to get the ball rolling.

Disclaimer: don't forget to double-check the assignment. Your teacher may be asking for something specific, like a persuasive essay, an argument essay, a compare-and-contrast essay, a character analysis, a synthesis essay, etc. Make sure you know what kind of essay you're writing before you start writing it, lest you lose points on your paper and get kicked out of school forever.

And before anyone says it, no, I didn’t come up with essay topics for every single book that has ever existed. I’m just a person. But let me know what books you guys are tackling as we begin that inexorable march into the void (otherwise known as "the end of the school year"), and I’ll see what I can do.

Topics: Books
Tags: romeo and juliet, hamlet, the scarlet letter, lord of the flies, the great gatsby, to kill a mockingbird, frankenstein, the odyssey, huck finn, macbeth, character analysis, essay help, we got you, the adventures of huckleberry finn, thesis topics, essay topics

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Elodie

In real life, she goes by the name Courtney Gorter. This is a closely guarded secret, and you're the only one who knows about it, so be cool. You can follow her on tumblr or Twitter if you want, but it's just going to be a lot of complaining.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.