Search Menu
Menu

10 Book Quotes That Would Make Great Pick-Up Lines

Momentum Pictures

Credit:

Sometimes I just want someone to come up to me in a coffee shop and say, "You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you," instead of "Hey, are you waiting for someone or can we borrow this chair?" (Real talk: people are always taking my chairs in coffee shops, and I’m sick of it. What, you don’t think I’m GOOD ENOUGH to have more chairs than I need?)

The fact of the matter is that people are always more romantic in books than they are in reality. They just are. So if you want to successfully use a pick-up line in real life, try 1) using one of these quotes from books as your opening gambit and 2) letting the person in question keep their extraneous chair. I promise if you do both of these things, you will have a date in no time.

Topics: Books
Tags: flirting, romance, books we love, book quotes, literary pick-up lines, literary flirting, my feelings will not be repressed

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Elodie

In real life, she goes by the name Courtney Gorter. This is a closely guarded secret, and you're the only one who knows about it, so be cool. You can follow her on Twitter or check out her website if you want, but it's just going to be a lot of complaining.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.