Search Menu
Menu

Great American Novels as Told by John Mayer

YouTube/Vevo

Credit:

If I had to sum up the American literature tradition, I would probably do so as follows:

A man stands against an outsized landscape, symbolizing the cult of the individual something something.

And who embodies this better than fallible everyman poet John Mayer, man in a cowboy hat and patchwork poncho, plus author of the best bits of this interview?

It is only natural, then, to attempt to view some of the seminal classics of American literature through the lens of Katy Perry's ex, John Mayer.

Onward, paper dolls!

Topics: Books
Tags: slideshows, plot summaries, moby dick, john mayer, the grapes of wrath, freedom, the fountainhead, american literature, famous novels, the great american novel, johnmayernotes, they read all the books but they can't find the answers, augie march, the adventures of huckleberry finn, the adventures of augie march

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Janet Manley

Janet is the Sparkitor who most resembles a common field potato, and isn't opposed to pineapple appearing on a pizza. She is proof that dreams can come true, as long as your dream is to share a love seat with Benjamin Barnes for nine and a half minutes after standing him up for five because you can't work out hotel elevators. Janet once had a smexy dream where Haymitch Abernathy hugged her meaningfully, which I think means they are married now. She would like to third-person you on Twitter @janetmanley

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.