Search Menu
Menu

The Thirstiest Literary Characters, RANKED

Focus Features

Credit:

If you have zero cool, lots of enthusiasm, a massive crush on someone who maybe isn't aware of your existence, and a history of sending texts like, "I NOTICED THAT YOU LIKE BURRITOS I LIKE BURRITOS TOO MAYBE DO YOU WANT TO BE MY BOYFRIEND AND KISS ME ON MY MOUTH", there's a good chance that you're suffering from THE THIRST. 

Though we can't cure your thirst-ness (we're writers, dammit, not miracle-workers), we can at least reassure you that you're in good company: literature is packed with characters who go for their crushes in big ways, and usually get rejected/die alone/sprint toward the neartest exit, never to be heard from again. 

From the ever-so-slightly desperate to the mad-dehydrated-thirsty, we've got your thirstiest literary characters right here.
Topics: Books
Tags: harry potter, unrequited love, the great gatsby, pride and prejudice, peeta mellark, fictional characters, gollum, lydia bennet, mr. collins, thirsty, thirstylit, no one is safe from the the thirst

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Maddy Aaron

Maddy Aaron lives, writes, and eats a significant number of tacos in NYC. Seamus Finnigan once wrote her a personalized letter that included the words "MAN U. Rule!" When she's not doing the stuff on the InterWebs, Maddy spends way too much time at the movies, discusses the falling hot dog quality in the neighborhood with her roommate, and intimidates men with her Gilmore Girls and Harry Potter trivia knowledge.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.