Search Menu
Menu

Every Book on Your English Syllabus, Summed Up in a Single Sentence

Barnes & Noble

Credit:

Look, I don’t need to know why you’re here. I don’t need to know what misfortune has befallen you, what dark and winding road has led you to this low, low point in your life wherein you are Googling things like "[book title] summed up in a single sentence." You hear me? If you have a test in twenty minutes that you didn’t study for, I don’t want to know about it. As far as I am concerned, you simply have a passion for books and a thirst for knowledge.

So, with that said, here they are—all the books you’ll ever have to read for English class (or at least some of them), summed up in a single sentence.

Topics: Books
Tags: romeo and juliet, shakespeare, hamlet, english, 1984, the great gatsby, of mice and men, english class, macbeth, ap lit, william shakespeare, brave new world, lit guides, ap literature, ap language, ap lang, it's (classic) lit

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Elodie

In real life, she goes by the name Courtney Gorter. This is a closely guarded secret, and you're the only one who knows about it, so be cool. You can follow her on Twitter or check out her website if you want, but it's just going to be a lot of complaining.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.