Search Menu
Menu

You've Been Waiting Your Whole Life for this Slideshow: It's...TEXTS FROM INSIDE HOGWARTS

Warner Bros / Facebook

Credit:

We originally published this slideshow in November 25, and we're putting it in front of your lucky eyeballs today in case you missed it the first time around!—the eds

Harry Potter had pretty much everything you could ask for in a book (magic, dragons, a yearly death-defying rendezvous with the forces of evil), but there was one thing missing: twenty-first-century technology. There is no aspect of these novels that could not have been improved by texting, emojis, and internet shorthand, and that's a fact. Imagine McGonagall catching someone texting in class. Imagine Dumbledore using the word "salty." Imagine Draco Malfoy's text messaging persona. Is he a "k" kind of guy? Is he more of a "kk"? I'll never know for sure, and this haunts me.

All we can do now is wistfully envision the life we might have known. I just so happen to have a slideshow for such an occasion.

Topics: Books, Life, Celebs & Stuff
Tags: harry potter, hogwarts, hermione granger, texts, jk rowling, fictional characters, voldemort, professor umbridge, characters we love, albus dumbledore, tom riddle, james potter, sirius black, the weasley twins, funny texts, if fictional characters could text, for the love of god someone please take away tom riddle's phone

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Elodie

In real life, she goes by the name Courtney Gorter. This is a closely guarded secret, and you're the only one who knows about it, so be cool. You can follow her on Twitter or check out her website if you want, but it's just going to be a lot of complaining.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.