Search Menu
Menu

If Hogwarts Had RateMyProfessors.com

Warner Bros/Facebook

Credit:

Hogwarts may have the Sorting Hat, flying broomsticks, and a forest full of stuff that can totally kill you, but where magic school fails and where we succeed is that we have RateMyProfessors.com. RateMyProfessors is hands-down the best way to find out what's up with your college professors, just short of lurking outside classrooms and asking someone, "So what's up with this professor?" It's a review site by former students, for future students, and it's a hallmark of the college/university experience.

Is it perfect? No. I once took a class not solely because the reviews said the professor looked like Tom Hiddleston, but let's be honest, that's mostly why I took it. And he didn't look like Tom Hiddleston in the slightest. It was terrible. I felt cheated.

Still. Hogwarts, with its medley of magical faculty and its ever-changing rotation of Defense Against the Dark Arts professors, could use a little RMP action... and we felt obliged to answer the call.

This slideshow was originally published in December 2015, but we're putting it up again in case you missed it the first time around. After all, if you're taking Potions this year, you ought to know what you're getting yourself into. (Nothing good, bucko. NOTHING GOOD AT ALL.) 

Topics: Books
Tags: harry potter, funny things, hogwarts, jk rowling, fictional characters, severus snape, dolores umbridge, characters we love, remus lupin, gilderoy lockhart, professor trewlaney, minvera mcgonagall, hogwarts professors, firenze, rate my professors, cuthbert binns, "he's like what would happen if cedric diggory and cornelius fudge had a baby"

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Elodie

In real life, she goes by the name Courtney Gorter. This is a closely guarded secret, and you're the only one who knows about it, so be cool. You can follow her on tumblr or Twitter if you want, but it's just going to be a lot of complaining.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.