Search Menu
Menu

Here Is What Your Hogwarts and Ilvermorny Houses Say About You

Here Is What Your Hogwarts and Ilvermorny Houses Say About You

Warner Bros.

Like you, the first thing I did yesterday was get sorted into my Ilvermorny house over at Pottermore. It was a frantic three and a half minutes in an unfamiliar user interface, and at the end of it, I had my answer: Pukwudgie.

This naturally meant nothing to me, because we do not yet have the benefit of years of scholarship on the intrinsic meanings of the American wizarding houses. Look, I want to be sorted, but then I want to be personally guided through the myriad halls of my personality by none other than JK Rowling herself. Instead, all I got was:

Pukwudgie: represents the heart, favors healers

In any case, I had already been sorted into Ravenclaw, so this additional sorting raised several questions:

• How does my existing House relate to my new House?
  • Is Pukwudgie a fancy way of saying, "Sorry, but you're a Hufflepuff in the New World"?
  • WHO AM I????

I think we should continue to debate these questions, but to help you make sense of this personality bomb, I'm offering up a Sorting Key, to help you find the Ultimate Truth at the nexus of your Ilvermorny and Hogwarts houses.

Please, please, join me with bouquets and/or pitchforks in the comments to discuss, and to share your cross-Pacific sorting ("Pukwudgclaw").

Topics: Books
Tags: harry potter, ravenclaw, hufflepuff, slytherin, hogwarts houses, what your ____ says about you, personality quizzes, gifs, gryffindor, thunderbird, wampus, horned serpent, ilvermorny houses, what your ilvermorny and hogwarts houses say about you, key to ilvermorny houses, key to hogwarts houses, pudwudgie, we can't all be thundergryffs

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Janet Manley

Janet is the Sparkitor who most resembles a common field potato, and isn't opposed to pineapple appearing on a pizza. She is proof that dreams can come true, as long as your dream is to share a love seat with Benjamin Barnes for nine and a half minutes after standing him up for five because you can't work out hotel elevators. Janet once had a smexy dream where Haymitch Abernathy hugged her meaningfully, which I think means they are married now. She would like to third-person you on Twitter @janetmanley

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.