J.K. Rowling Answers 4 Questions That Harry Potter Fans Have Been Asking for YEARS
J.K. Rowling is just the gift that keeps on giving. In between writing scripts, tweeting riddles, and presumably making deals with the devil for eternal youth in exchange for an entire generation’s never-ending tears, she recently carved out some time to answer fan questions on Twitter.
Firstly, you can put your minds at ease, fellow dog-loving Hagrids of the Sparkleverse, BECAUSE WE FINALLY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO FLUFFY AFTER THE FIRST BOOK.
Secondly, we learned how and why Sirius's bigoted, pure-blood family came to live in the least magical neighborhood ever.
Next, we learned more about Horcruxes, also known as Tupperware for the soul. (We're pretty much experts on the subject already, but whatever.) If you're too lazy to follow the link, the question was "HOW COME WHEN HARRY GETS BITTEN BY THE BASILISK IN CHAMBER OF SECRETS, THAT DOESN'T DESTROY THE HORCRUX IN HIM?" because if you're not freaking out about Harry Potter in ALL CAPS, you're not doing it right.
Even though that was kind of already answered in Deathly Hallows. BESIDES, it spawned a pretty sweet follow-up question:
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT. I'll have to wait until next time to bombard her with the questions that have plagued me for years, including but not limited to:
- What are the other wizarding sports and do they feel bad that nobody cares about them?
- Do wizards know anything about physics or genetics?
- Seriously—what did Snape think of the Spice Girls? He must’ve had an opinion.
- Did Tom Riddle and Minerva McGonagall know each other at Hogwarts, since they would’ve been there at the same time?
- Can goblins or house-elves or centaurs become Animagi?
- At what point did Siruis Black, Hogwarts prankster and rebel Marauder, make the conscious decision to go by "Snuffles"?
- Are there wizarding taxes?
- Was everyone just proficiently skilled in spelling and math by the age of eleven?
- Do wizards in Scotland have to travel to London to take the Hogwarts Express back to Hogwarts, which is in Scotland?
- Wasn’t watching the Triwizard Tournament actually the most boring thing ever?
- Was Voldemort a virgin? (OH WAIT SHE ALREADY ADDRESSED THIS.) (I'd also like to draw your attention to the fact that the guy who asked the question changed his Twitter bio to "@jk_rowling once told me to stop prying into Voldemort's sex life." That's all.)
What burning questions do you still have about the Harry Potter series?