Search Menu
Menu

You Will Be ELECTRIFIED by The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Trailer

You Will Be ELECTRIFIED by <i>The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1</i> Trailer

Lionsgate

Sweep your arm hairs flat, Sparklers, because THEY ARE ABOUT TO RECEIVE TEN THOUSAND VOLTS OF FREAKOUT. The Mockingjay Part 1 trailer is HEREEEEE, and it has Prim and fire and devastation and revolution hair and tears and music that goes right up your spine into your dream catcher!!! PREPARE YOURSELVES:

... We have inserted a glucose lozenge under our tongues after succumbing to the awesome, and are now here in a semi-daze to guide you through the most BLOCKBUSTER moments of this eyeball-destroying trailer...

Thanks to Donald Sutherland, aka President "Stone Cold" Snow, we will now suffer a Pavlovian shudder every time we see a dark turtleneck sweater on an evil Santa.

"It is the things we love most that destroy us." Ughhhrjrkt so ominous.

Effie, sassed up in dowdy prison clothing, is halfway to melting our frigid hearts out of their nuclear winter with her affixing of Katniss's pin to show "we're a team."

Gulp.

THE NEW GALE IS MADE OF 100% DYNAMITE, EYEBROWS AND MANLINESS

BOOM.

Peeta is in a bad prom tux on TV and we are VERY, VERY WORRIED. So is Katniss...

They are so far from the cave of cuddles right now that we are in serious danger of weeping ourselves right into a storm drain :/

Katniss doesn't like her new game makers.

"You will rescue Peeta at the earliest opportunity or you will Find. Another. Mockingjay."

FINNICK'S FACE. THE ANNIES, THE PEETAS, THE ELECTRIFIED HAIRS ON OUR NECKS. 

(YES, WE NEEDED TO PUT IT HERE IN SLOW MOTION.)

The revolution has gotten very, very real. Voltage level: Aerosmith's Rockin' Rollercoaster at DisneyWorld.

*silent salute for District 9*

I DON'T CARE IF HE DRINKS TOO MUCH BUTTERBEER, HAYMITCH HAS MY WHOLE HEART IN HIS KNIT CAP FOREVER.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NOVEMBER 21!!! NOVEMBER 21!!! CRESSIDA! PEETA! GALE! HAYMITCH! EFFIE! FIRE-TIPPED ARROWS! FULL-BODY MELTDOWNS!

How are you going to last to November? Did your heart basically explode like these hovercrafts when you saw the trailer? Which worried face hits you hardest out of Finnick/Katniss/Haymitch? HOW CAN WE WAIT? HOW WILL WE LAST? IS THIS THE BEST TRAILER OF ALL TIME?!!

Topics: Books, Entertainment, Celebs & Stuff
Tags: books we love, the hunger games, mockingjay, jennifer lawrence, josh hutcherson, liam hemsworth, trailers, mockingjay part 1, kale, the mockingjay is here just like the legend foretold, reasons we can't stand the wait until november

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Janet Manley

Janet is the Sparkitor who most resembles a common field potato, and isn't opposed to pineapple appearing on a pizza. She is proof that dreams can come true, as long as your dream is to share a love seat with Benjamin Barnes for nine and a half minutes after standing him up for five because you can't work out hotel elevators. Janet once had a smexy dream where Haymitch Abernathy hugged her meaningfully, which I think means they are married now. She would like to third-person you on Twitter @janetmanley

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.