Skip over navigation

Everybody and Their Mom Wore A Crop Top to the 2014 Teen Choice Awards

By Chelsea Dagger Aug 11, 2014

1 of 13

Nate Beckett/SplashNews

Credit:

SARTORIAL SALUTATIONS YET AGAIN, BUTTSKIS.

I'm here with a present you didn't want and never asked for: YET ANOTHER ALL-CAPS STYLE RANT, SHOUTED DIRECTLY INTO YOUR GRIMACING EYEBALLS. What brought on this exciting and terrifying event? Why, last night's Teen Choice Awards, of course! I wasn't there (my forehead was too large for the venue, alas), but judging from the photos, one could hardly turn her head without bumping smack-dab into the flawless, naked torso of a famous person. It seems that the half-shirt trend has swept through the celebrity population like an airborne disease, LEAVING NO ONE UNSCATHED (and no midriff un-bared). There were a few ensembles that didn't have belly button windows, but we'll get to those later; first, let's address this crop top extravaganza, via a method of communication that is as elegant as it is sophisticated: ALL-CAPS, Y'ALL. 

Topics: Life, Celebs & Stuff
Tags: award shows, selena gomez, lea michele, celeb style, nina dobrev, red carpet style, shailene woodley, celeb slideshows, celebs we love, teen choice awards, fashion trends, style slideshows, ansel elgort, taylof swift, teen choice awards 2014, crop tops, half the style for twice the price

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Chelsea Dagger

Since 2010, Chelsea Dagger (known in real life as Chelsea Aaron) has been SparkLife's sweatiest editor. She's currently working on a how-to-kiss guide for teens, and when she's not conducting smooch-related research on her life-size Joseph Gordon-Levitt cardboard cutout, she's eating pancakes, stocking up on industrial-strength deodorant, and destroying everyone at Harry Potter trivia. (EXPECTO PATRONUM!)

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.