Skip over navigation

Cowards, Jerks, & Cake-Baking Fiends: The Famous Flaws of Our Fave Fictional Characters!

By Chelsea Dagger Jul 1, 2014

1 of 7

Facebook/Warner Bros

Credit:

A ridiculously good-looking, wildly attractive, super handsome Sparkitor once said, "It is not my strengths that define me, but my weaknesses—which include, but are not limited to, my inexplicable sweatiness, my gigantic forehead, and my baffling inability to construct a paper airplane that will fly further than .85 inches." And yes, as you've no doubt guessed, that Sparkitor was ME (AND PAPER AIRPLANES ARE HARD, DAMMIT).

I'm a big believer of the idea that a person's faults are often the very things that make them interesting, beautiful, and even human; sure, talent, charisma, and effortless skill are great, but how UNBEARABLY DULL would our favorite books be if every character were free of shortcomings?! So today, in honor of all of our perfect imperfections, we're going to take a look at the flaws of some of the most beloved fictional characters ever created. GET READY FOR A PERSONALITY TRAIT BREAKDOWN THE LIKES OF WHICH THE LITERARY WORLD HAS NEVER SEEN. (My ego is still hurting from the who paper airplane reveal. I'M TRYING TO BOOST MY SELF ESTEEM THROUGH UNFOUNDED CLAIMS AND ALL-CAPS.)

Topics: Books, Celebs & Stuff
Tags: harry potter, books we love, pride and prejudice, personality types, the hunger games, hermione granger, mr. darcy, katniss everdeen, peeta mellark, ron weasley, fictional characters, fictional crushes, characters we love, personality traits, flaws, imperfections, ron weasley is a soul-less ginger but we lurve him anyway

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Chelsea Dagger

Since 2010, Chelsea Dagger (known in real life as Chelsea Aaron) has been SparkLife's sweatiest editor. She's currently working on a how-to-kiss guide for teens, and when she's not conducting smooch-related research on her life-size Joseph Gordon-Levitt cardboard cutout, she's eating pancakes, stocking up on industrial-strength deodorant, and destroying everyone at Harry Potter trivia. (EXPECTO PATRONUM!)

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.