Skip over navigation

How to Ask Someone to Prom: Fill in the Blanks

How to Ask Someone to Prom: Fill in the Blanks

By Kathryn_Williams

Shutterstock

Still hanging loose with prom approaching? There are two ways to ask someone to prom: the casual ask—for your friend, acquaintance, someone you like but don’t like like, or someone you really like but are afraid will reject you—and the romantic ask—for your SO or the SO of your dreams, to whom you are ready to bare your soul and feel your feelings. Both asks have been known to bring on night terrors, cold sweats, arrhythmia, loss of memory, diarrhea, anaphylaxis, hallucination, hyperpigmentation, poliosis, chicken pox, and in severe instances, temporary blindness. Spare yourself the drama and the anxiety by using our handy dandy fill-in-the-blank prom asks. The prom invitation has never been so easy.

The Casual Ask

1. Prospective date’s name.
  2. Direction.
  3. School subject.
  4. Noun.
  5. Adjective.
  6. Verb.
  7. Adjective.
  8. Adjective.
  9. Adjective.
  10. Noun.
  11. Plural noun.
  12. Verb.
  13. Verb.
  14. Place.

Oh, hey, __[1]__. What’s __[2]__? How’d you do on that __[3]__ __[4]__? Yeah, me too. Hey, __[5]__ question: Are you planning on __[6]__ing to prom? I’m thinking about it. It could be totally __[7]__ or really __[8]__, but I figure it's, like, __[9]__. Hey, here’s a __[10]__, since we’re __[11]__, maybe we could __[12]__ together? Cool. I’ll __[13]__ you about it later. See ya at __[14]__.

The Romantic Ask

1. Prospective date’s name.
  2. Verb.
  3. Adjective.
  4. Verb.
  5. Verb.
  6. Adjective.
  7. Verb.
  8. Noun.
  9. Verb
  10. Adjective.
  11. Verb.
  12. Verb.
  13. Noun.
  14. Noun.
  15. Noun.
  16. Noun.
  17. Verb.

__[1]__, surprise! Oh no, don’t __[2]__! I just have a very __[3]__ question to ask you. I suspect you know how much I __[4]__ you. In fact, I have __[5]__ed you for a __[6]__ time. I think you __[7]__ the __[8]__. You __[9]__ me. When I imagine this __[10]__ night in our high school experience, it has always been you I see __[11]__ing beside me. There is no one else I’d rather __[12]__ to prom. Will you do me the great __[13]__ of being my __[14]__? I pledge to treat you like a __[15]__ and give you a __[16]__ you’ll never __[17]__.

What does your prom ask look like?

Topics: Life, Advice
Tags: prom, fill in the blank, madlibs, asking to prom, promposals, will you go to ____ with me, awkwards unite

Write your own comment!

Write your own comment!

About the Author
Kathryn_Williams

Kathryn Williams is the author of three YA novels but only one with an Oxford comma in the title. She is a Taurus and hates writing bios. Check out her website, www.kathrynswilliams.com, and follow her on Twitter @kathrynwauthor.

Wanna contact a writer or editor? Email contribute@sparknotes.com.